Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 n0odles
Msg: 53
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I joined facebook a few days ago because im down with the kids, but its already making me queasy - I now realise that I like to keep family and friends contact on my terms.

Cliff notes: facebook is clearly the work of satan himself.
 Lorri55
Msg: 54
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 10/24/2009 1:45:23 PM
I pop on...say hi to my two kids..then pop off again as I don't want to intrude
The only folk on my list are close family and a couple of friends
I amn't into adding any old person to my list to make me look'popular'
 Strider886
Msg: 60
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 4/13/2010 8:11:08 AM
Never been keen on Facebook, the whole concept just irritates me.....

However I think everyone should sign up purely because the newspapers/media are trying to brow beat us into hating such sites.
Information is power and they don't want us to have access to it!

Down with the tabloids!!! Freedom of unaltered, uncensored and unbiased information forever!!!
 Marmite baby
Msg: 63
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 4/15/2010 12:06:33 PM
Recently played a game through FB and can see why people love it. Its silly comments which lighten your day. Love it.
 xxbluebellxx
Msg: 66
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 4/20/2010 2:58:57 PM
I just spotted this topic & came on to see what it was about havn't read all 5 pages yet as I cant stop thinking about msg number 3 that Pub Genius wrote. There must be thousands of poeple out there with no diginity honour or self respect if your statment is anything to go by & this from someone who has never been on Face Book so how can you make a statment like that I find your statment halarious.
I have had face book for over a year did not like it at the start then a friend asked me to be her nieghbour in one of the games she played, I have never looked back I have been playing the game for a year now & have added many more lots of the games you need your friends for nieghbours the more friends the better the game gets. If like myself you do not have a big family then your not playing too well.
I had 1 imidiate family & a few close friends when i started I have over 150 friends now while playing the games i have got to know some great poeple who are now my friends they come from all over the world so i cant just pop out & visit them, every time we chat you tend to find something new about them or the country they live in.
I took quite ill last year & was in the house a lot not getting out was driving me nuts but my Face Book friends were there to chat to i thank them for that & i would never have got intouch with these poeple who are now friends if it hadn't been for Face Book. So please do not judge Face Book user's I am sure like myself most have as much dignity honour & self respect as you do Pub Genius,right enough i can guarntee they are most certainly more friendlier than you would be if your statement is anything to go by. Oh & for the record I have been on POF for about 2 years & have only spoken to about 6 poeple on the site but have met some nice poeple at the meets I have been at. Good luck with the everyone Oh nearly forgot the gorl who signed up for Face Book who had all the problems they have been doing a lot of work to the site started just before xmas so it may be that causing your problem just give it an hour or so & try again good luck.
 lalby
Msg: 71
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 4/21/2010 11:39:14 AM
Its like most sites really,If you dont like it you dont have to use it.

I like facebook and use it to speak to alot of my friends who i now live a long way from,also i have family and friends who live in various parts of the world who i stay in contact with via facebook.

I to find most the applications crap but you can just ignore or block them...job done.
N with the status updates well i guess thats upto them what they put its their profile.
 xxbluebellxx
Msg: 72
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 4/21/2010 5:39:02 PM
Mr Sole81 u say u dont think you would use Face Book to make friends but you are obviously a POF member either looking for friendship or relationship what is the difference ??? on Face Book it is friendship in my case not relationship mostly female friends a lot of whom are married with families. One girl i have been chatting to for over a year now is planning to come here with the family for there holiday her husbands want's to see the highlands, & she want's to meet me in person. As for the games i can understand where everyone is comming from on that i play loads of games but get hundred's of requests for games i don't play, someone mentioned poeple posting about what they had for dinner ect. the only post i ever do is to say i don't play whatever games it may be,no photos are kept in my Face book & like on here there is no profile pic, i have minimum information put on & always have settings at private/friends only , I have made over 100 friends on there but have done it in a way that is as safe as it can be. I only accept new friend's who are suggested from the friend's i already have. And all this from someone who did not use Face Book for the 1st 3mths because i didn't like it i am so glad i gave it a second chance Happy to all
 xxbluebellxx
Msg: 73
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 4/21/2010 6:00:18 PM
Hi its me again the Face Book fan lol would just like to appologise to Mr Soul 81 i am so sorry i spelt your name wrong in message above had spelt it correctly then changed it i was thinking along the lines of the site sorry about that.
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 78
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 5/31/2010 6:10:15 AM
put me in contact with old friends and made new ones,

know a guy in the UsA, asking about 14th century re-enactment, did I have any bookmarks for sites, so sent him 5-6 messages with all the bookmarks I had

"I am not sure what to say. This is more than I would have been able to secure in a life time. Thank you for your passion and dedication to keeping history alive. In short - You ROCK! "

Suspect he was more than pleased...
 Les.
Msg: 80
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 6/6/2010 2:48:34 AM
For myself Facebook has been brilliant. It has put me in touch with many people that I would never have known otherwise.

I was diagnosed with a brain tumour back in 2008 and I joined a few support groups on there for people who have been through a similar ordeal. It's really good to be able to talk with people who understand what I have been through and I have also met up with a few people I have got to know via the groups.

I agree though that some people can go over the top just adding people for no reason but in doing that then you open yourself up to all sorts of hackers/viruses etc so I do try to limit my friends to people I do actually know even though I often get friend requests from scantilly clad beautys.
 Ska_Voovie
Msg: 82
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 6/6/2010 2:03:51 PM
facebook has some great uses - at the moment i am listening in to a live radio show via t'internet , with the added bonus of linking via f/b - live requests , dedications etc - it really gets very freindly and a fun way to end the weekend ,

really nice to know people listening in all over the world to a little community station in south wales !! - [its a reggae revive show]
 n0odles
Msg: 83
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 6/7/2010 12:44:05 PM
I used to be an anti facebook snob but I eventually caved in and joined -its alright really as long as you dont take it and yourself too seriously.
 *rem*
Msg: 87
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 3/31/2012 3:27:16 PM
I'd guess because they dont know you and/or dont want you knowing their business.
An above msg mentions some fish wanting to be added to see compatibility? Snooping more like.. but it works. I've had women want my FB and when i see their pages some seem a little too free with their affections for me.. Delete.
 *rem*
Msg: 89
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 3/31/2012 3:59:56 PM
Just got this on my wall:

"IF YOU RECEIVE A FRIEND REQUEST FROM SOMEONE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH ~ ACCEPT THE FRIENDSHIP ~ THEN GO ONTO THEIR PAGE AND UNFRIEND THEM ~ THAT WAY, THEY WON'T GET INTO TROUBLE AND RECEIVE A SUSPENSION FROM FB!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 91
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 3/31/2012 6:27:59 PM
lol here lus

you sound like you have the victor meldrew facebook page

did you read about the daftys in dunblane who organised a fight
on facebook? wum min of course

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/301235-mothers-arrange-brawl-on-facebook-and-fight-outside-childrens-school/
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 92
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 4/1/2012 4:22:19 AM
Hey Rob

You can filter updates from friends to
All updates
Most updates
Important updates

Just go to one of the updates and at top right (next to sort) there is a drop down where you can choose which level you want. Not sure who decides what is important though lol

I have deleted people in the past until I found out about filtering. I really don't care who is playing who at what game, I don't want to know every detail of every little thing. Had one person putting up 15 posts in a row and got fed up hiding them individually. I don't want a bloody fortune cookie every day or invitations to join this, that or another - and I haven't added many people to my Facebook - god knows what the updates must be like if someone has hundreds of 'friends'

Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 96
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 4/1/2012 5:45:29 AM
Calm dears!

I'm actually with Lus on this; when I get a request, I'm not sure about I'll add them to check them out and then delete if I don't recognize them after further interrogation, unless they seem interesting. They do possess the ability to message you before hand after all!
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 111
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 4/3/2012 2:04:40 AM
For those who have not been changed over to the 'new look' Facebook, have you discovered that you now get restricted unless you upgrade. A couple of things my daughter posted that had links, when I tried to read the full story I found that unless I changed over I wasn't allowed to view.

I am holding out until the bitter end though - I hate the new look
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 116
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 4/3/2012 1:30:05 PM

im very fussy about photos ....... you cant even remove them
Actually there is an option remove tag. Do this and they are deleted from the photo's in your profile.
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 119
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 4/3/2012 3:54:19 PM

Its the only book some people have in the house.
I also have three bibles.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 127
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 5/3/2012 9:35:02 AM
FB passes the time basically, little else, i do chat to the occasional friend on there, but these days, its become a gallery of funny pictures of cats, dogs and any number of other animals...oh, and the old..."anyone need anything down the shop? "...hmmmm ?? :O)
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 134
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 5/3/2012 2:27:00 PM
^^^^
I agree, when two people that are on your friends list split up. There is probably alcohol involved in both postings, but its better than Jeremy Kyle sometimes. PMSL.
 UKTom2
Msg: 136
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 5/3/2012 3:01:16 PM
I used Facebook a lot.
Some wall posts are very amusing - that's the challenge really. Entertain people with a comment a day.
Photo sharing is great.
Chat works.
Groups are a good way of organising events or staying in touch.

Use Facebook for what you want it for. Block the things you don't want.
 optimistic48
Msg: 147
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 5/4/2012 11:34:23 AM
i have a facebook account ,ive got friends and familyon mine and ive also found old school friends .
its a good way to keep in touch ,and the girls have organised a good few nights out on it aswell ,
 badge73
Msg: 154
view profile
History
facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 5/11/2012 4:10:53 PM
Always wonder why so many put status up when their in a pub? i mean what's the point in going out if all they do is remain on it all night
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >