Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are they really studying this in the UK? Golddigging is not a myth.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pocketlisting808
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Are they really studying this in the UK? Golddigging is not a myth.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I got a text msg from a guy I had exchanged a few emails with but had never met, telling me he was by the side of the freeway waiting for a tow truck.
Oh baby! Talk dirty to me................
 pocketlisting808
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Are they really studying this in the UK? Golddigging is not a myth.
Posted: 9/10/2009 12:40:44 PM
That's not making fun. That's just letting you know what everybody already knows!

Farceur had it right!
 TragicallyHip
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/5/2009 5:16:59 AM

Dr Dunn admits yes, but also that his research could be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men.

Huh? Because women "generally" value financial secrurity they are more "shallow" than men, who "generally" value looks?

Why is it more shallow to value money over looks? Money can be made, looks can't.

Furthermore, because someone values financial security, it does not make her a gold-digger. A gold-digger is Anna Nicole Smith. But she is the exception, it's more usual that women consider a man's financial position as part of what he has to offer as a partner, and the value of that goes up and down depending on what else is in the package.

I did a study that found that men who throw around the word "gold-digger" are feeling bitter because they are low-earners and feel this is why they aren't seeing action.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/5/2009 5:26:43 AM
News Flash, I get oggled more in my friends Mercedes and let out of and into traffic more when in her nice car than in my beater.....by MEN

I don't need any stats to tell me how people in general are.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:38:43 AM
Again, I SO glad to hear that the folks who did this study found employment, even if it was a total waste of quantum particle interactions. I believe this study was directly connected to the one that discovered that BEARS INDEED DO SH*T IN THE WOODS. So does the Pope, from what I hear.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/5/2009 10:42:05 AM
Let's see.....what do I think of when I see a guy driving a piece of shit car? Most likely he has a crappy job, little or no education, probably still lives at home with his mom, can't afford to get insurance, much less take care of a child or family. Sorry, but unless he is 18, which is obviously not in my age bracket, that's what pops into my mind. If he's that age, he's probably a student, and once again, that's still his situation, and it's not what I'm looking for in a mate.

I see a man in a Bentley, or a really nice car, in my age group, I figure he's got his life together. The first thing I look for is a ring on his finger, because most of the time, he's already married. If not, then I'll figure he owns his home, has a good education and employment, is probably intelligent, because you don't get Bentleys by being a moron. As for personality, who knows until I get to know him, but I'd be much more likely to give him a chance than I would the guy driving the clunker, simply because he seems to have his life better organized and priorities in order.

There are exceptions to the rule, of course, the eccentric business owner who refuses to trade in his crappy car for some unknown reason, but has eveything else, but usually that's not the case. Also there are those who rent or lease vehicles to show off, yet have nothing else going on for them. There will always be those types around.

But when choosing a mate, I want someone who is financially secure, educated, employed well, and likes nice things. I'm not looking for him to 'buy' me, but it's nice to not have to eat at Burger King on date night.

Beth
 MsMicki
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 2:11:44 PM
Then there are those of us that prefer their men in jeans and a pick up truck and who's idea of a good date is a canoe ride down the creek w/ a picnic basket full of lunchmeat sandwiches and a bottle of good bourbon whiskey!!

The size of a man's wallet has nothing to do with the size of his heart.
Give me a man that puts in a honest day's work at the local factory and comes home and treats me right at night......over a man obsessed w/ "things" ......anyday.
 head.cloud123
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/7/2009 2:19:06 PM
Who cares? Even if all women are gold diggers all men have to do is refuse to get married to someone poorer than them and not buy her anything. I would never marry below me financially ever.
 head.cloud123
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/7/2009 2:22:15 PM

I don't think men or women can be held responsible for their predilections. It's nature's programming and it's primordial. Each sex tends to be attracted to that which increases the probability to pass their genes on. Thus men tend to be more promiscuous and seek more partners and are attracted more by the looks of a woman.. ie. healthy and fertile looking. They just need to plant their seeds as often and as widely as possible. A great strategy if you can constantly procreate. Woman on the other hand have been programmed from eons past to seek a strong dominant man able to protect and provide for her offspring. It is important for her to keep this one man around her so she will be very possessive and want to form a longterm lasting relationship. Thus women are attracted to things like a man being successful, having money, having status. I'm sure there are exceptions but I think most women know this is the case. It's nature and a basic tenent of evolutionary psychology.
So the study is worthless just reconfirming an already accepted scientific premise.

But men's financial wealth increases. Women eventually lose the ability to have children. If we believed in evolution this is the point in which she would be dumped for a better woman.

If men have to marry poorer women , women should accept unfaithful men. I'm ok with that. Are women?
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/7/2009 3:17:06 PM

Who cares? Even if all women are gold diggers all men have to do is refuse to get married to someone poorer than them and not buy her anything. I would never marry below me financially ever.

I agree 100%....

BTW, I'm 43 and still looking. I hope you have better luck, Yungin'.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/7/2009 3:43:59 PM
Tis true....Gold digging is not a myth....I personally do it every year at the local fair in the man- made-gold-stocked-river..and have yet to get rich .....I'm not sure what the problem is...I use a really big heavy pic and have a good shovel...but *alas", am still without that big golden nugget on my mantel...

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are they really studying this in the UK? Golddigging is not a myth.