Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama disapproval on health care up to 52 percent      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldude
Msg: 230
Obama disapproval on health care up to 52 percentPage 13 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Most workers are not going to be shot at on a regular basis, with the exception of police officers. You start adding on the the threat of of losing ones life or losing limbs due to a roadside bomb more then qualifies you for a lucrative health care plan IMO.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 231
Obama disapproval on health care up to 52 percent
Posted: 4/7/2010 6:15:50 AM
^^^^^ It never ceases to amaze me!

There are plenty of jobs that expose workers to conditions that constantly threaten their safety, many of them losing their lives while performing their jobs. Many workers spend long, long years working in environmental conditions that will surely impact their good health in later years, and shorten their life-span and retirement years.

They all deserve the best health care. Their tax-dollars pay for the first class health care provided to the federal workers. They don't deserve to be treated like second class citizens by those who believe that they, and them only, deserve the first class treatment.

After all, we are all Americans right? Unless you happen to believe that some are more American than others!
 cooldude
Msg: 232
Posted: 4/7/2010 6:26:01 AM

There are plenty of jobs that expose workers to conditions that constantly threaten their safety, many of them losing their lives while performing their jobs. Many workers spend long, long years working in environmental conditions that will surely impact their good health in later years, and shorten their life-span and retirement years.

If a person places themselves in a high risk job they need to make sure the pay or benefits out weigh the risks. That includes making sure they have a good health care plan that goes along with the job they are taking or make enough money to pay for themselves if they get injured. If they are taking this high risk job with little return might want to re-evaluate their decision on why they are in it to begin with.

imalwayssmiling
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2010 9:07:44 AM

If a person places themselves in a high risk job they need to make sure the pay or benefits out weigh the risks. That includes making sure they have a good health care plan that goes along with the job they are taking or make enough money to pay for themselves if they get injured. If they are taking this high risk job with little return might want to re-evaluate their decision on why they are in it to begin with.
you have a point,here you could work on dangerous roofing jobs in searing 110-120 desert heat and risk skin cancer,heat stroke or falling for $10-$11 an hour,no matter what health plan you have,or you could work safely inside in air conditioning for the same pay or a little less. Whether of not your job gives,supplies,or merely offers a way to get health insurance,the bottom line is still that you decided to be a Lion tamer,an ice trucker,or a fisherman in the Bering Sea,and your choice might kill you before you even have a chance to use your insurance.

These miners and such that say its always been this way,its the only good job in town,all the generation of my family worked the mines had a choice.You have a choice to move to another town that have more than one industry.Sure you might have to work the mine for 8 months to move,but then move.Its usually your choice.

I have always watched way to many people drive an hour and a half to work to own a better house or work a highly dangerous job job to make $15,000 more.Half the time its just so the family can have a bigger or nicer home,or drive a nicer car.At my age I work safer and easier to make myself a far more comfortable life for myself,at 19 I worked 20-30 day stretches to make more money,and for what,to blow more money.

Enjoy your life,no one enjoys a life that revolves around work.

I feel sorry for those burdened with medical bills so high that that they are forced to work any high pay job to attempt to cover the treatments and meds for their loved one,we had 13 million people that might be those ones that had no choice or little choice.Their loved ones pre conditions put them in a world of pay as you go system.

My friend has follicular lymphoma and a rare incurable blood disease that only 200 in the U.S. have.Her radiation medicine alone is $4200 a month,shes on at least 20 prescriptions.Her trips to the Mayo clinic all the time would be off the scale if not for her COBRA,Obama just extended it for 6 months,thank god.Hope had a great job,until she lost her job because of her illnesses,if not for the COBRA then what.

Thank you Barrack,for saving a friend because her great job of many many years, had to let her go.
 cooldude
Msg: 234
Posted: 4/7/2010 12:46:28 PM
Actually I thought up some more things last night. What about paying for people who live bad lifestyles? People who are chain smokers, then develop cancer. Obese people who have bad eating habits. Alcoholics who need liver transplants. People with drug addictions. People who don't have high risk jobs, yet take high risks at recreational activities. Like base jumpers...ect. How about when Friends & family and even their doctors warn them of these risks is it fair for other people to have pay for their own negligence?
 Imported_labor
Msg: 235
Posted: 4/16/2010 9:57:31 AM

Only 28 percent of those polled said they understand the overhaul extremely or very well. And a big chunk of those who don't understand it remain neutral.

So, if one considers the numbers of those opposed to health Care Reform represented by this poll as being at 50%, but only 28% say "they understand the overhaul extremely or very well," then, perhaps, one would be inclined to think that the Tea Party, the Republican Party, Fox News and their allies in the Health Insurance industry knew that the grand master of the propaganda machine during the 3rd Reich had something whe he said: 'Lie, lie, lie! Something will stick to people's minds.'

Then again, looking at those poll numbers, one would be inclined to ask how is it that only

Another 10 percent of Americans say they are neutral.

when the number of people who don't understand it very well or extremely well is 72%, and a "big chunk of those who don't understand it remain neutral.?"

Wouldn't a "big chunk" of 72% be a number higher than 10%?

My take on this poll is that it is just another piece of the big lying campaign?
 cotter
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2010 10:31:11 AM

What about paying for people who live bad lifestyles?
You're absolutely right!!! I mean women should definitely be charged more because they can have a baby and men can't ... right?

On the other hand, maybe men should be charged more just because (according to the forums in here) they have higher sex drives than women and want to have lots more sex than the women they meet (just going by the forums, you know) ... and if they don't have a vasectomy or use protection, that increases the amount of women getting pregnant and needing prenatal care especially now that the health care bill won't cover abortions. It will mean many more babies and many more expensive births and more women off work from having to have the babies. Anyways, it's been my experience that the men can afford it much easier than the women since they usually always make more money (even doing the same job) as women ... right?

CallmeKen
Msg: 237
Posted: 4/17/2010 8:08:41 PM

is it fair for other people to have pay for their own negligence?

Who said the Democrats were fair? This law is about reform, not fairness. In government, that is often two widely different concepts.

NPR reported on one of the first return salvos from the health insurance industry a few days ago. In the law, the insurance companies are supposed to spend 85 cents of every dollar collected on "patient care." So what do the companies do? Why, just reclassify everything as "patient care." Customer service centers? Patient care. Marketing brochures? Patient care. Paperwork filing? Why, patient care, of course.

Yup. Change you can believe in.
 cooldude
Msg: 238
Posted: 4/17/2010 10:45:06 PM

On the other hand, maybe men should be charged more just because (according to the forums in here) they have higher sex drives than women and want to have lots more sex than the women they meet (just going by the forums, you know) ... and if they don't have a vasectomy or use protection, that increases the amount of women getting pregnant and needing prenatal care especially now that the health care bill won't cover abortions. It will mean many more babies and many more expensive births and more women off work from having to have the babies. Anyways, it's been my experience that the men can afford it much easier than the women since they usually always make more money (even doing the same job) as women ... right?

Using birth control is a part of taking personal responsibility for your actions. ( Both men & women ) Ever hear of the octomom? ( Nadya Suleman ) You know how big a topic that was on how that was going to end up being a tax payers problem in the end. That was even before the health reform changes took place.

Anyways, it's been my experience that the men can afford it much easier than the women since they usually always make more money (even doing the same job) as women ... right?

I already covered that on some of the reasons why that might happen in another thread: http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts13578063.aspx post 85
 cotter
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2010 8:39:41 AM

On the other hand, maybe men should be charged more just because (according to the forums in here) they have higher sex drives than women and want to have lots more sex than the women they meet (just going by the forums, you know) ... and if they don't have a vasectomy or use protection, that increases the amount of women getting pregnant and needing prenatal care especially now that the health care bill won't cover abortions.
Using birth control is a part of taking personal responsibility for your actions. Ya ... tell that to the men who refuse to use birth control because it's either too much trouble or just doesn't feel good that way.

Not to mention, if a woman is the only one using birth control, it doesn't stop a man from spreading his STD's which also cost money to treat. Men are at higher risk to have the STD's because of all their screwing around ... ya know? LMAO ...it's a joke ... just couldn't resist doing my fair share of contributing to ignorance as well.)

Anyways, it's been my experience that the men can afford it much easier than the women since they usually always make more money (even doing the same job) as women ... right?
I already covered that on some of the reasons why that might happen in another thread: http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts13578063.aspx post 85
I believe its because of life choices and not the pay gap like some people are saying. Women often choose jobs based on quality of life, rather then how much it makes.That's right ... we purposely choose a lesser paying job because we have no desire to live in a better or safer neighborhood or perhaps buy a better car. We'd rather live in run down areas where we could get mugged and drive broken down junk heaps. We'd just rather not make more money ...

Women opt to work less hours then men to spend more time with children and family.
Mostly because (if they have a partner) they are with men who won't step up to the plate and take equal responsibility for such tasks ... eh?

Some of that is due to being a single parent ( Both genders can be effected, like me )
Most single parents are apparently women. I wonder why the fathers aren't the single parents? Oh maybe it's because a lot of them (note I did not state ALL) just are really good at "getting out of town", "hitting the road", use the excuse that "they can't earn money if they have to take care of the child" ... the list does go on. Maybe the real reason most single parents are women is because it is our nature-given chore ... as we are the ones who bear the fruit of the act ... right? And for that reason, we just deserve less pay than men.

Choosing jobs that are more fulfilling but pay less like a social worker, school teacher or liberal arts.
Or perhaps being forced into such positions since the men are out there scooping up the "less-fulfilling, but better-paying" jobs?

Women are afraid of asking for more money thinking they will not get hired if they ask for more money.
I know that's right ... because you know, women just could never be as strong a personality as a man. Women (no matter what their profession) could just never do the same job as a man or just as well as a man.

Some jobs have veteran preferences when hiring, but less women enter the military then men.
Veteran preferences should only affect the hiring status and never the pay grade.

We don't need more opportunities for women, we need more women taking advantage of these opportunities they already have.
Good to know just how men feel about those things.

Also good that I'm not so ignorant as to believe that every man thinks that way.

My experience:
I have (without exception) experienced men nurses doing the exact same nursing job as me, with the same number of years of experience and no military preference (which as I said should have nothing to do with pay grade) getting at least $2.00 to $5.00 more per hour than me.

We work the same hours, the same shift, the same job, and often I even do much more work than they, but they were just getting more per hour. When working in a jail setting, I always had many more inmates assigned to me than the men. When working in a nursing home situation, I always had at least 1/4th more patients then the men.

Hmmm ... I wonder ... maybe the only thing that was really different was that I didn't come equipped with the right equipment to screw the lady that hired us both?

These are but of the few reasons of many, why women are not making as much as men.
Get back with me when "Women's Rights" really kicks in ... umkay?

Ever hear of the octomom?
Without a man donating sperm (in one way or another) that woman would never have been an "Octomom" ... so I fail to see the point there.

You know how big a topic that was on how that was going to end up being a tax payers problem in the end. That was even before the health reform changes took place.
But just look at all the money they will eventually be earning and contributing towards the overall plan!!! In the meantime, let the men (with their high risk life styles) who "over-earn" ... come up with some extra cash.

If the men want the (ridiculous) position of always making the better decisions when it comes to jobs and asking for the higher rates of pay ... I guess they shouldn't have such a big problem paying more into the plan.

OT ...
I think when people see what advantages they will get, the approval will increase.
 cooldude
Msg: 240
Posted: 4/18/2010 1:12:47 PM

Ya ... tell that to the men who refuse to use birth control because it's either too much trouble or just doesn't feel good that way.

Then refuse to have sex with him! If you still do after you know the consequence's, then its just as much your fault, then just his. ( Not talking about you directly )

Not to mention, if a woman is the only one using birth control, it doesn't stop a man from spreading his STD's which also cost money to treat. Men are at higher risk to have the STD's because of all their screwing around ... ya know? LMAO ...it's a joke ... just couldn't resist doing my fair share of contributing to ignorance as well.)

This is where condom use comes into play.

Women often choose jobs based on quality of life, rather then how much it makes.That's right ... we purposely choose a lesser paying job because we have no desire to live in a better or safer neighborhood or perhaps buy a better car. We'd rather live in run down areas where we could get mugged and drive broken down junk heaps. We'd just rather not make more money ...

If you want to talk wage gap...I would be more then willing to discuss that in the other thread that I mentioned as talking about it here would be off topic.

Without a man donating sperm (in one way or another) that woman would never have been an "Octomom" ... so I fail to see the point there.

I suppose that she kept on wanting to be pregnant had nothing to do with it? Again personal responsibility, not the man she never meet who donated the sperm.
 cupani67
Msg: 241
Posted: 4/18/2010 3:32:47 PM

Women often choose jobs based on quality of life, rather then how much it makes.That's right ... we purposely choose a lesser paying job because we have no desire to live in a better or safer neighborhood or perhaps buy a better car. We'd rather live in run down areas where we could get mugged and drive broken down junk heaps. We'd just rather not make more money ...
If you want to talk wage gap...I would be more then willing to discuss that in the other thread that I mentioned as talking about it here would be off topic.
Yes please do take it to the other thread, but reading through the thread, I see that you were the first to insert it here in the thread. If it's not on topic for the poster to respond, then it probably wasn't on topic to insert it in the thread either.

Now as to the other topic here.
Message 306
How about when Friends & family and even their doctors warn them of these risks is it fair for other people to have pay for their own negligence?
How is it that others are going to pay for anyone's negligence?

I'm personally cheering for single payer. I haven't decided if I want that on a state by state basis or just a national basis. I'm swaying towards a national basis.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2010 4:07:39 PM
Well, you may in fact start to see this approval rating change, as the benefits start to be seen by more Americans.

WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR OF ENACTMENT
*Insurance companies will be barred from dropping people from coverage when they get sick. Lifetime coverage limits will be eliminated and annual limits are to be restricted.
*Insurers will be barred from excluding children for coverage because of pre-existing conditions.
*Young adults will be able to stay on their parents' health plans until the age of 26. Many health plans currently drop dependents from coverage when they turn 19 or finish college.
*Uninsured adults with a pre-existing conditions will be able to obtain health coverage through a new program that will expire once new insurance exchanges begin operating in 2014.
*A temporary reinsurance program is created to help companies maintain health coverage for early retirees between the ages of 55 and 64. This also expires in 2014.
*Medicare drug beneficiaries who fall into the "doughnut hole" coverage gap will get a $250 rebate. The bill eventually closes that gap which currently begins after $2,700 is spent on drugs. Coverage starts again after $6,154 is spent.
*A tax credit becomes available for some small businesses to help provide coverage for workers.
*A 10 percent tax on indoor tanning services that use ultraviolet lamps goes into effect on July 1

WHAT HAPPENS IN 2011
*Medicare provides 10 percent bonus payments to primary care physicians and general surgeons.
*Medicare beneficiaries will be able to get a free annual wellness visit and personalized prevention plan service. New health plans will be required to cover preventive services with little or no cost to patients.
*A new program under the Medicaid plan for the poor goes into effect in October that allows states to offer home and community based care for the disabled that might otherwise require institutional care.
*Payments to insurers offering Medicare Advantage services are frozen at 2010 levels. These payments are to be gradually reduced to bring them more in line with traditional Medicare.
*Employers are required to disclose the value of health benefits on employees' W-2 tax forms.
*An annual fee is imposed on pharmaceutical companies according to market share. The fee does not apply to companies with sales of $5 million or less.

WHAT HAPPENS IN 2012
*Physician payment reforms are implemented in Medicare to enhance primary care services and encourage doctors to form "accountable care organizations" to improve quality and efficiency of care.
*An incentive program is established in Medicare for acute care hospitals to improve quality outcomes.
*The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which oversees the government programs, begin tracking hospital readmission rates and puts in place financial incentives to reduce preventable readmissions.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1914020220100319

It's hard to see how most of these will be interpreted as being a bad thing, by the people receiving the benefits provided. One positive experience with the program will go a long way towards people being aware of what this legislation means to them as citizens - especially if they mention it to others, like friends and neighbors.

Especially with internet, this may in fact provide enough good PR that it may be able to overcome the media blitz against it by the right.

If it does, they will be in serious trouble in an election campaign after three-four years of gains for average Americans.
 cooldude
Msg: 243
Posted: 4/18/2010 4:23:31 PM

Yes please do take it to the other thread, but reading through the thread, I see that you were the first to insert it here in the thread. If it's not on topic for the poster to respond, then it probably wasn't on topic to insert it in the thread either.

While I'm not sure how she associated what I said about bad lifestyles relating to pregnant women. She lead the topic to that direction, so I added my thoughts to that. To me a planned pregnancy between a man and a woman is their choice that I'm not against. Some how she loosely associated the assumption that she believes since men make more, they should pay more in health insurance. That part is on topic, the rest, off topic. By providing the link, it showed my thoughts on the pay gap ( And having her relate it to health care ), without having to go off topic.

I already covered that in post 306
 cotter
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2010 6:28:30 PM

While I'm not sure how she associated what I said about bad lifestyles relating to pregnant women.
I guess I consider men screwing around "a lot (possibly impregnating women and then running off) as a bad lifestyle that according to your message 306 ... "Actually I thought up some more things last night. What about paying for people who live bad lifestyles?" ... should be included in your list of people who live bad lifestyles?

After all, all those pregnant women who are now (according to the health care bill) no longer going to be allowed to have an abortion ... are now going to have to follow through with the full pregnancy ... all the prenatal care and the delivery and the care of the baby in the hospital also costs thousands ... all because a man has to satisfy his higher sex drive (or "bad lifestyle").

You see ... women have traditionally been penalized with having to pay higher insurance premiums when they are of "child-bearing" age, but men don't seem to ever be penalized with higher insurance premiums for being of "sperm-bearing" age. Not to mention that most men earn lots more than women (even doing the same jobs) and could probably easily afford higher insurance premiums.

That was my point. And BTW ... if you can get by with posting unrealistic crap (just stoooopid propaganda), I figured I'd give it a shot as well. LMFAO ...

Where (in Message 306) is the information that clearly defines that anyone will be paying for others? Where (in Message 306) is the information that others will have to pay for anyone's negligence?

That is not explained in Message 306 at all. Message 306 is nothing more than an unrealistic list of Republican/Te Bagger propaganda. Just what do you have against others having health care benefits anyway?

OT ...
Promoting inappropriate ideas may further the Neo-GOP idea of trying to "kill the bill" but it still won't make it so. People are still going see benefits and it will pull the rug out from under those who do not want others to have benefits.

I still don't see why there is anyone who would not want benefits for all. It's no skin off their nose if others finally get benefits.
 cooldude
Msg: 245
Posted: 4/19/2010 2:04:30 AM

I guess I consider men screwing around "a lot (possibly impregnating women and then running off) as a bad lifestyle that according to your message 306.... should be included in your list of people who live bad lifestyles?

all because a man has to satisfy his higher sex drive (or "bad lifestyle").

You might as well add to the list, women who's children have three or four different fathers. For every guy satisfying his sex drive you'll find a woman who's satisfying hers.

You see ... women have traditionally been penalized with having to pay higher insurance premiums when they are of "child-bearing" age, but men don't seem to ever be penalized with higher insurance premiums for being of "sperm-bearing" age.

Men still have to pay higher life & car insurance premiums then women, so welcome to the club.

Just what do you have against others having health care benefits anyway?

NEVER said that, I'm saying how will this bill effect people who are chain smokers, are obese, drug addicts ect. Basicly take poor care of themselves due to their own negligence. So far I've never seen this brought up in this topic, so I did.

That was my point. And BTW ... if you can get by with posting unrealistic crap (just stoooopid propaganda), I figured I'd give it a shot as well. LMFAO ...

And the crown does go to you. At least I'm bringing up very good points, but you seem way off in left field.
 cupani67
Msg: 246
Posted: 4/19/2010 7:55:13 AM

Where (in Message 306) is the information that clearly defines that anyone will be paying for others? Where (in Message 306) is the information that others will have to pay for anyone's negligence?

That is not explained in Message 306 at all. Message 306 is nothing more than an unrealistic list of Republican/Te Bagger propaganda. Just what do you have against others having health care benefits anyway?
Yes, where is the information in message 306 that tells how others are going to pay for anyone's negligence?

And what does that have to do with the topic of health care approval or disapproval percentage wise?

On topic: I think the more benefits that are becoming available to the people, the more the approval rates will improve.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 247
Posted: 4/19/2010 8:06:12 AM

Yes please do take it to the other thread, but reading through the thread, I see that you were the first to insert it here in the thread. If it's not on topic for the poster to respond, then it probably wasn't on topic to insert it in the thread either

While I'm not sure how she associated what I said about bad lifestyles relating to pregnant women. She lead the topic to that direction, so I added my thoughts to that.

How about displaying some of that personal responsibility that you preach about, and stick to the topic of this thread?

I'm saying how will this bill effect people who are chain smokers, are obese, drug addicts ect. Basicly take poor care of themselves due to their own negligence.

Hopefully this new law will allow those people access to good quality health care and education, which may help them to kick their bad habits and recover their health. If we as a society may accomplish that, you can expect some significant changes in the economy and the culture. Imagine a society in which you won't have anyone to scapegoat, or berate for not being as perfect a citizen as you are?
 cotter
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2010 10:14:55 AM

Hopefully this new law will allow those people access to good quality health care and education, which may help them to kick their bad habits and recover their health.
The hope of many of us (nurses and health care workers) is that we can finally get that affordable preventative help for our patients that has been lacking for so long.

As a home health nurse, I used to be able to request a couple of visits from a nutritionist to visit my home-bound patients who just discovered they have Diabetes. Our first line of treatment is proper diet and exercise and obviously for people who are impaired, exercise is not going to be easy, but the one thing we can do is teach them proper diet/eating habits.

It's not an easy task and needs extra reinforcement since by the time I get to these people, they are very set in their ways and change for them is not at all easy, not to mention they have limited budgets that don't often allow them to buy the special food they need.

If we as a society may accomplish that, you can expect some significant changes in the economy and the culture.
As preventative care gets better and better, we should be better able to thwart off the increasing problems of (for example) obesity. If we can get obesity back under control, we can bring side effects such as Diabetes, and Stroke, and Heart Disease and Kidney Failure to a drastic slow down. All those diseases that are associated with obesity can cripple a society and the health system that provides care.

When I think how much cheaper health care could be (alone) without the devastation of obesity ...

Imagine a society in which you won't have anyone to scapegoat, or berate for not being as perfect a citizen as you are?
Ya ... imagine.
 hard starboard
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2010 6:01:03 PM
And the disapprovals will likely rise when more people read this report.

WASHINGTON – Government economic forecasters say President Barack Obama's health care overhaul will increase the nation's health care tab instead of bringing costs down. The report by economic experts at the Health and Human Services Department, released late Thursday, says the health care remake will achieve Obama's aim of expanding coverage.

But the report says that the law falls short of the president's twin goal of controlling runaway costs. And it warns that Medicare cuts may be unrealistic and unsustainable.

The first comprehensive look at the health care law by neutral experts amounts to a mixed report card for Obama's top priority during his first year in office.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100423/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_law_costs
 CountIbli
Msg: 250
Posted: 4/22/2010 11:35:11 PM

And the disapprovals will likely rise when more people read this report.

Ah, you beat me to it. For the past year liberals have been claiming that the new law (or rather the ideological underpinnings of it) will reduce health care costs, and for the past year I've been patiently explaining why that can't possibly be so. It appears that the inability to understand basic economics is a side effect of being a liberal.
 MrLove45
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2010 6:49:18 AM
Government economic forecasters?

hum, I wonder which party they represent. I am going to go with GAO numbers and blessings on what's that term you right wingers like to call it? yea "Obamacare"....because throughout the rest of this nation's great history Mr Obama will have his image on Mt Rushmore as well as a monument erected in DC as a tribute to the greatest president of our time after he not only came through on his campaign promises regarding healthcare for all americans but after he not only passed legislations to fix the republican induced financial collapse he also regulated the banks, reversed the effects of global warming (thanks again to our republican friends), authored a peace agreement between Palistine and Israel, eradicated america of the republican party forever, annexed the entire country of Mexico to the USA, paid our debts, balanced our budget.....
 hard starboard
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2010 10:31:35 AM

Government economic forecasters?

hum, I wonder which party they represent.

They don’t represent any party. They are “neutral experts”. HHS is a government agency, not a political body.

I am going to go with GAO numbers.

I didn’t know the GAO did an analysis of ‘Obamacare’. Can you share a link to the stats?

…. because throughout the rest of this nation's great history Mr Obama will have his image on Mt Rushmore.........

Bwaah ha ha… Thanks!, I needed a good laugh!

… annexed the entire country of Mexico to the USA

OMG! COME ON!… you can’t be serious! Oh please, Mr. Obama. Start campaigning on that idea soon.
 cotter
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2010 11:45:56 AM

Ah, you beat me to it. For the past year liberals have been claiming that the new law (or rather the ideological underpinnings of it) will reduce health care costs, and for the past year I've been patiently explaining why that can't possibly be so. It appears that the inability to understand basic economics is a side effect of being a liberal.
And once again I have to ask why you are not doing your PATRIOTIC duty and helping the president with this?

Aren't we all supposed to do what we can to contribute to the good of our country? Or are people secretly withholding knowledge so that the President can fail and then the whole country will also fail?

If people know so much more than the President's specialists, why are they not helping the President out with their vast knowledge?
 CountIbli
Msg: 254
Posted: 4/24/2010 3:25:46 PM

And once again I have to ask why you are not doing your PATRIOTIC duty and helping the president with this?

And once again I'll tell you that Obama does not want our help. He doesn't want to hear why almost all of his policy decisions are wrong. He thinks that bigger government is the solution to every problem created by big government.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama disapproval on health care up to 52 percent