Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama disapproval on health care up to 52 percent      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 laxref41
Msg: 51
Obama disapproval on health care up to 52 percentPage 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
"He wants to eliminate annual and lifetime caps on insurance coverage. He wants to prevent insurance companies from charging higher rates on people with pre-existing conditions. He also wants to prevent insurance companies from refusing to cover people with pre-existing conditions. He wants to put limits on how much insurance companies can make people pay out-of-pocket."

You're proved ZERO... this is all your own speculation... and i dare say that if you were so good at speculation, you'd have so much money you'd have different political views.

Here's a few FACTS for you... the GOP supports reforms in health care... the GOP agrees that insurance companies should not be allowed to refuse covering people with pre-existing conditions... and the GOP believes the CBO that tremendous savings can be realized through greater efficiency and reduction of fraud in the current health care system.
 laxref41
Msg: 52
Obama disapproval on health care up to 52 percent
Posted: 10/17/2009 8:49:25 AM
"The mistake that Obama and co made is that they tried to make Health Insurance a Government mandate....If you don't purchase Health Insurance under the Baucus Bill the IRS comes after you...that right there is enough to make most people have second thoughts about the plan.Americans like the illusion of freedom of choice..."

The health of the population is absolutely paramount... paramount to even education if you want to have a vibrant and thriving country... and the right to health can not be limited to those with wealth. The level of health care can vary but the availability of some measure of health care... a low level of health care but nonetheless CARE for a low price... is an absolute necessity. And I would propose to you that it's implied in the Declaration of Independence... that your first inalienable right is LIFE...
 laxref41
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/17/2009 8:54:28 AM
"There is no low cost public option. The public option will add billions, if not trillions, to the nation debt."

Joe Wilson and the GOP did not call Obama a liar about the economics... the CBO does not support your claim and the CBO is a bipartisan operation that also represents the GOP. So again... kindly don't hand us unfounded speculation and fear mongering because if you were so good at speculating about what is going to happen, we wouldn't have had a financial meltdown in the first place.
 CountIbli
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/18/2009 5:53:42 PM

"He wants to eliminate annual and lifetime caps on insurance coverage. He wants to prevent insurance companies from charging higher rates on people with pre-existing conditions. He also wants to prevent insurance companies from refusing to cover people with pre-existing conditions. He wants to put limits on how much insurance companies can make people pay out-of-pocket."

You're proved ZERO... this is all your own speculation... and i dare say that if you were so good at speculation, you'd have so much money you'd have different political views.

That comes from the administrations own website.

http://www.healthreform.gov/

Here's a few FACTS for you... the GOP supports reforms in health care...

1) I couldn't care less what the GOP supports. They are no better than the Demoncrats.
2) I'd also like to see reforms. It's too bad Obama hasn't offered any.

the GOP agrees that insurance companies should not be allowed to refuse covering people with pre-existing conditions...

Then they are fools.

and the GOP believes the CBO that tremendous savings can be realized through greater efficiency and reduction of fraud in the current health care system.

This same government that's going to increase effiiency and reduce fraud couldn't supply its own soldiers with body armor and put Saddam Hussein into power. Are you old enough to remember the $300 toilet seats the government bought? Obama's own Cash for Clunkers program was an inefficient waste of taxpayer money.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:11:22 PM

the GOP agrees that insurance companies should not be allowed to refuse covering people with pre-existing conditions...

Then they are fools.
This one statement you make is enough to sum up where you come from.Are you without conscience,so you think tens of millions should be left in the cold to die because there pre conditions are not covered.Shame on you !

and the GOP believes the CBO that tremendous savings can be realized through greater efficiency and reduction of fraud in the current health care system.
absolutely true,over ten billion in known medicare fraud alone
This same government that's going to increase efficiency and reduce fraud couldn't supply its own soldiers with body armor
seems Bush/Cheney could not !And Boy you have to go back a lot of years to remember $300 toilet seats,whats next, the logic of J. Edgar Hoover era
Obama's own Cash for Clunkers program was an inefficient waste of taxpayer money.
It stimulated car sales,it was a good try,could have gone better,you act like Obama is the same as the bull and lies of the GOP for the last 20 years in power,there is a new sheriff in town,but after your comment that only fools would force insurance companies to cover pre existing conditions,I don't expect "for the good of everyone " logic from you !
 CountIbli
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:34:43 PM

This one statement you make is enough to sum up where you come from.Are you without conscience,so you think tens of millions should be left in the cold to die because there pre conditions are not covered.Shame on you !

Shame on you for bankrupting the nation in order to pay for your warm fuzzy feeling inside!

It stimulated car sales,it was a good try,could have gone better,you act like Obama is the same as the bull and lies of the GOP for the last 20 years in power,there is a new sheriff in town

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

but after your comment that only fools would force insurance companies to cover pre existing conditions,I don't expect "for the good of everyone " logic from you !

This just causes everyone to pay more money for insurance and health care. 25% of health care costs are caused by 1% of the people. 95% of the costs are caused by 5% of the people.
 CountIbli
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:52:34 PM

So again... kindly don't hand us unfounded speculation and fear mongering

http://www.americanhealthsolution.org/assets/Reform-Resources/AHIP-Reform-Resources/PWC-Report-on-Costs-Final.pdf
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 8:08:01 PM

Shame on you for bankrupting the nation in order to pay for your warm fuzzy feeling inside!
we are the only nation and one of the wealthiest of them all that does not cover all their people
Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss
. This topic has already been debated to death on the site,and after tens of pages,no proof has ever been given to show he is the same ,nice try at hate though,your very believable !
This just causes everyone to pay more money for insurance and health care. 25% of health care costs are caused by 1% of the people. 95% of the costs are caused by 5% of the people.
Your interesting,as if your a lobbyist for the insurance companies.They have a monopoly on all not covering almost all bad things,even bad Acne can be a condition that can make you uninsured,and some how you feel its fair to jack the premium up ten times or make it not available at any price as they are doing now.You certainly are not for those that are unlucky enough to have a precondition as 17 million people have it now,most of those work and are willing to pay,but nothing is available, hey but as long as your covered,whats the problem,what can you expect though from a guy in a warlock outfit claiming anarchy in your interest category,anarchists adore causing pain to people and being a general pain in the general populations butt,as long as its not you,wheres the harm.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 8:24:34 PM

This whole preexisting condition thing is kind of troubling....will these people have to pay more than people without existing conditions? I mean if someone has stage 3 cancer for example and needs hundreds of thousands of dollars per year worth of chemo and radiation treatments will they pay the same as a person that very rarely goes to the Hospital for any type of service and only uses a couple thousand dollars worth of services or supplies in a year?
Having been raised in an insurance family,its common knowledge that when ever a giant insurance company is showing a loss for the year,what they are showing is a loss of profits over the last year,they are not actually in a loss,its that there profit is not as great as it was before,there is no loss.Insurance companies do not lose.Your argument applies also to them refusing to offer affordable flood insurance,they make tens of billions of dollars and go to great lengths to make sure they exclude those that actually have a bona fide need.It is and has always been that an insurance companies makes vast amounts of money off those that don't have a need to pay for those that do,over the years they have excluded most all illnesses so now they only make the money a far less is paid out,thats how they record record profits in modern times,pretty slick,legal robbery,and Obama wants it changed,oh and you said he's the same as the old boss,you chose a catchy phrase over using fact.

It irks me when people are more concerned with the poor insurance company over the person with stage three cancer.Are people so blind that they don't realize that we end up paying in so many ways when we don't allow these people insurance,we deal with there costs of things like paying for there foreclosures and medical bankruptcies and a long list of things related to someone hung out to dry.

As I stated before we are the only nation that does not cover all there citizens,so are you going to tell me all other nations have bankrupted themselves over preconditions,that they are ruined countries because they cover 100% of their people.Hardly ! you same people that complain that America is the only country that cannot figure out a way to cover all there citizens or that its impossible without certain doom are also the ones that protest everything the other countries do to achieve it.Ahhh ignorance at its finest !
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 8:48:22 PM

Anarchist dont adore causing pain and they are not a general pain in the general populations but....what is rather annoying is having fanatical zealot Obama supporters on every thread singing Kumbya and praising everything Obama does....Health Care Insurance for everyone is a noble concept but when some will be expected to pay a lot while others pay nothing that is not really Fair...yes I know I said Fair...you all think we owe everyone because you are under the impression that Health care insurance is a basic Human right I think access to Health care should be a basic right but those who have the ability to pay should and some should not be forced to pay more than others Unless they are receiving more benefits...
Nothing you said is accurate as usual,as for singing Kum BayYa I only call out the small handful of ones that are fact challenged,lack all memory,such as the case here ,each item of this topic has been explained , what 20 times to you by a dozen people,and proven its not a free ride and almost everyone wants to pay for ther own insurance,yada yada yada .Both of you are Obama Haters and both seem to believe that causing anarchy is just fine,A modern day anarchist is the first to throw a trash can through a store window in a protest,there easy to find they have a cloth around there face to hide behind,they cause anarchy,they enjoy it,you seem to think its noble,so the more you talk the more you define how far out there you are.

Just try to explain to me why we are the only country thats to challenged ,to inept,to manage to give all people insurance,why is that,one of the richest ,smartest countries is to stupid to figure out what every other country is doing successfully,well for starters they probably finally said one day, we have to ignore those that hate,and those that cry out the sky is falling,look out we're going to suffer great pain,trust me people.Well that is unfounded fear based talk,not based in reality or you would see all the countries in bankrupted ruin because they cover all their citizens,that's proof there,not to you,but it is to those that deal in fact,not fear.

How long do you need to watch the other countries before you realize nothing bad ever happened.Ask any Canadian ,and they say they would never want to lose there system,that all they want is a choice of a pay for system added into an already great system,thats not exactly what I see as a problem,and are they ignoring their citizens,no they are not,they are working on an option.That's where they feel their system could be improved.Its already been explained in detail each of the systems and which country has which,there is no need to retype reams of info just for you. At some point you have to figure out have to remember what has been shown to you,in fact a lot of what written to you every day,is why are you unable to remember whats been shown you.
 dmotz
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/19/2009 5:41:23 AM
I will tell you folks another issue that will tank the obamas ratings.
I have excellent health care coverage from my employer. It is one of those evil "Cadillac plans"...they pay for it all...Now...the obama wants to TAX my employeer 40% on the plan...HOW THE HELL IS THAT GOOD FOR ME? My employer will not pay the extra 40% TAX..and I can not blame them...How is taxing a business who treats their people right and supplies a great insurance plan going to improve the economy and reform health care?
This makes me very angry folks...the obama and his liberal dumbots are taking something from me and all the others who work for my company.
I want YOU liberals to EXPLAIN to me how this is a good thing...............
 laxref41
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/19/2009 6:25:46 AM
ok... so you're an anarchist... lots of luck.

IMO, bottomline to health care is that there needs to be a low cost option that provides a measure of health care, perhaps not the best health care but, at least care, for a low cost. There are simply too many folks without health care.
 laxref41
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/19/2009 6:28:42 AM
"This one statement you make is enough to sum up where you come from.Are you without conscience,so you think tens of millions should be left in the cold to die because there pre conditions are not covered.Shame on you !"

imalwayssmiling... you can't have a constructive debate with this guy... he's an anarchist so nothing the government does or doesn't do will satisfy him.
 laxref41
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/19/2009 6:35:12 AM
"This whole preexisting condition thing is kind of troubling..."

A good friend of mine has been employed at a company for the last 20 years. During that time, his wife was diagnosed with Cherg Strauss syndrome... some of her treatment costs $ 5,000 a month. His company was recently sold to another company so he is looking for other employment. If and when he lands another job, the health care insurance company does not have to cover his wife's illness because it's a pre-existing condition. Fair?
 laxref41
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/19/2009 6:48:37 AM
"while others pay nothing that is not really Fair...yes I know I said Fair...you all think we owe everyone because you are under the impression that Health care insurance is a basic Human right I think access to Health care should be a basic right but those who have the ability to pay..."

And if the company you work for decides that paying for employee health care insurance is too expensive, it should just drop it and leave you and yours without health care insurance?
Note: health care insurance premiums have risen by 420% over the last 10 years... with a new projection by the health care insurance companies to rise again by 10% this coming year. Many companies, such as Starbucks, that employ full time, lower wage folks, dropped their health care coverage because it was getting too costly. I can appreciate their position because it can come down to a matter of being in business or not BUT, this is why there needs to be a low cost option.
Right now, my 24 year old son works as an executive chef in a small upscale restaurant that does not offer health care insurance because there is no low cost option. He cut himself and had to go to the emergency room for 60 stitches. The bill was over $ 1000... pretty steep for a 24 year old trying to make ends meet with college loans, rent, transportation (can't afford a car), etc... so who pays?
 dmotz
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/19/2009 10:03:17 AM

The bill was over $ 1000... pretty steep for a 24 year old trying to make ends meet with college loans, rent, transportation (can't afford a car), etc... so who pays?

Well DADDY...you can pay the bill or your son can make arrangements with the hospital to pay it himself. Why should I pay for your sons accident? Why should anyone be held responsible for anyone else's bills? He can get a part time job...you know...it is called working and being responsible for your own bills...

I tell you this much...as soon as this bullshit obamacare comes into being...all employers will drop their insurance coverage on the employees and we will all be on the government tit..is that what you want? Talk about being blind...how are we going to pay when everyone is forced to be on the government tit? Taxes will increase ten fold and another useless government welfare program will be added to the burden of the populace.
 EarlzP
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2009 3:40:24 PM

According to this ABC News-Washington Post Poll 57% of respondents support the creation of a public option. The number goes up to 76% if it restricted to only those who can not afford health insurance.
Now if only the politicians will listen to the voters and not the insurance companies.

The fear created by the lies and distortions being told by some in the republican party is starting to give way to the truth about health care reform
 EarlzP
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2009 7:46:36 AM

This probably has more to do with more Americans losing there jobs every day,I guess Obamas dragging his feet on job creation is having the desired effect....

It's easy to critize, so please tell me what President Obama should be doing differently in your educated opinion to create more jobs? And then please tell me why the republican party let our countries employment situation get to this state
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2009 8:54:54 AM

so please tell me what President Obama should be doing differently in your educated opinion to create more jobs? And then please tell me why the republican party let our countries employment situation get to this state
Its a good point for anyone,its very important to study all the reasons of what the Bush administration did for 8 years to contribute to the unemployment to clearly define what Obama needs to do to turn around all the various factors.First off let me say Obama already needs to know what he needs to do.

We all know this has been a long trend happening,Are older ones remember the loss of jobs throughout the years,the closing of mom and pops and favoring Home Depot and Walmarts,the turning to manufacturing overseas rather than here,the buying of cheaper overseas /overborder foods causing our farms to bankrupt thus now all these years later allowing predator giant growers to come in with there genetically altered seed and deplorable waste practice,employee practice,and their lobbyists.Watching mega trawlers whole factory type ships fishing us dry putting out thousands of mom and pop fisherman,allowing mega conglomerates pollute our waterways.The turning to robotics rather than many hands.I like robotics,lets work around that !

It has been happening for decades,many,things here went unmentioned and Bush held a role,did he better anything job wise or did he worsen it.

All this past occurrences are pertinent to now,the how to fix it.Some things are easy but others extremely complex,most very time consuming,one cannot decline our employment practices over many decades and think any president can fix it quickly,that's not even fair to have that expectation.

Easy stuff is like,when I came from Oregon,we(Oregon/Washington) milled (cut and shaped) all our own cut trees and then sold it worldwide as lumber and fancy trim at a good price per foot.Then all of a sudden after some negotiation we started sending Japan the whole tree,they milled it,and we bought alot from them.They didn't just get the tree they got our finest grade of lumber.That means instead of selling them milled trimwork we sold the rough log at like $200 in large quantity whereas when we milled the log the trim was worth over ten times that,thats our profit lost,and because we stopped milling almost every mill in Oregon went broke and all the employees moved on sasturating other industries that to moved overseas.

So our economy had to deal with all the bankruptcies of the lumber industry employees and owners,all the unemployment,all the clear cutting of our forests because cutting and shipping a whole log is a lot faster,and we altered our economy in Oregon,even the clear cutting changed the way we have forest fires ,fires are 4 times bigger now,meaning 4 times the destruction of timber and beauty,and the beauty is a tourist dollar plus.Was the choice of a handful of logging companies the right choice,did they have the right to cause this much problem ,boiling it down to there profits or our economy.

Lots of our problems are that we have all the countries do what we used to do,there's your hundreds of thousands of jobs.Its all complex and my timber example is just one little industry in a very long list of industries.Its not an easy job for any president,but one that a president has to always work on to keep a rope around it.I never thought Obama could turn it around in ten months,but he talks of the right direction,that is putting "US" to work not letting another country handle it.If he works on infrastructure,roads ,briges and such,just for starters it keeps the work here.

Do any of you remember "Made in the USA" and then when we saw something was made in China,we laughed because we knew it was junk.Well we financed then into being able to improve themselves into high quality cheap items,that we buy almost everything from,we outsourced until we had no more.It will be hard to change this since China is who we turn to for loans,we indebted financially.Obama going green also creates jobs for us.that's tens of thousands of American solar installers,Obama keep working on solutions that employ us not other countries.There is nothing easy here,he has a very complex mountain climb ahead of him,best he can do it bite off small chunks at a time.

It would help if we had a country wide campaign going to strive for "made in America"or "Buy American even if it hurts" a factory that wants to move to Mexico should be booed,might not stop them,but let them know that taking away an American factory is something bad if the only reason is greater profits .At some point we need to think us all of us,not just the board of directors of a company.Its a big job indeed !
 laxref41
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/20/2009 1:12:21 PM
"Its a good point for anyone,its very important to study all the reasons of what the Bush administration did for 8 years to contribute to the unemployment to clearly define what Obama needs to do to turn around all the various factors.First off let me say Obama already needs to know what he needs to do."

Well i truly hope he doesn't study Bush... lol.
The reasons we are where we are, IMO, is because we've perpetuated a paranoia called McCarthyism.
We've systematically proceeded... step-by-step... toward a more militaristic and theocratic society out of FEAR. As a result, we involved ourselves in wars, had our children killed, and annually spent more on defense than the rest of the world COMBINED... and we've spent ourselves into greater debt than any country has in the history of mankind.
History shows us time and again that when a people destroys another in war, the victor has a 100+ year economic advantage over the losers. With the exception of the U.S., the world was basically destroyed in WWII... yet it has only taken us 65 years to completely lose our advantage.
Now I'm not advocating a new war... quite the contrary... but great changes need to take place in the United States.
 EarlzP
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2009 6:43:21 PM

How long before the GOP is dead and buried?

November 2010
 EarlzP
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2009 8:05:57 PM

From the Washington Post (Overall, 45 percent of Americans favor the broad outlines of the proposals now moving in Congress, while 48 percent are opposed, about the same division that existed in August, at the height of angry town hall meetings over health-care reform. Seven in 10 Democrats back the plan, while almost nine in 10 Republicans oppose it. Independents divide 52 percent against, 42 percent in favor of the legislation. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/19/AR2009101902451_2.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST20091019025020

The most important poll took place Nov 08 when the people elected Senator Obama as the next president of the USA, he ran on a ticket that included health care reform. The next important poll will be held Nov 2010 when the people will once again elect those they want to represent them in the senate. Health Care reform will be passed by then and the republicans will suffer further losses, 2010 is the END for the GOP may they rest in peace
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2009 8:56:52 PM
Heres a fun story from the Wall Street Journal on how much we can trust these polls,or a why we should or could question any poll.Click the link for full story or read the main parts here!

http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/polling-controversy-raises-questions-of-disclosure-805/?mod=relevancy

* October 7, 2009, 12:05 AM ET

Polling Controversy Raises Questions of Disclosure
By Carl Bialik

My print column this week examines a polling controversy. The American Association for Public Opinion Research publicly criticized Strategic Vision LLC for not cooperating with an Aapor review of 2008 primary polling. Blogger Nate Silver analyzed the firm’s numbers and said he found statistical irregularities. And the firm, though it didn’t respond to Wall Street Journal requests for comment, has defended its work in comments to other publications. “I stand by our work,” Mr. Johnson told Washington, D.C., paper the Hill last month. “We’ve done the work, and we can prove that we’ve done it.”

pollMathematicians said the Silver analysis — finding that certain digits showed up far more often than others in Strategic Vision polls — was troubling but want to see more evidence. Jordan Ellenberg, a University of Wisconsin, Madison, mathematician, blogged that the case isn’t as persuasive as investigations into possible fraud in the Iranian election. “It’s not so substantial that I would have gone public with it, if it were me,” Ellenberg said, but he does think it merits further investigation.

“To strengthen the argument that Strategic Vision’s (or any other polling group’s) numbers seem unusual, the next step would be to assess the observed variation across a number of similar polling organizations and see where various groups fall,” said Lance Waller, a biostatistician at Emory University.

Strategic Vision is a Republican firm, but its critics — Aapor and the National Council on Public Polls, which also issued a statement calling for disclosure — aren’t partisan, and the firm’s polls haven’t been notably favorable to Republican candidates.

Pollsters are unsure of how to identify bad polls. “I’m not sure there’s a gatekeeper mechanism that works,” said Mark Blumenthal, a former Democratic pollster who now covers the industry at Pollster.com. “I propose we do a better job of scoring disclosure to create incentives for pollsters to disclose more.” His colleague at Pollster.com, Charles Franklin of the University of Wisconsin, Madison, said, “If [Bernie] Madoff could fool the SEC not to mention investors, unscrupulous pollsters could also hide details or even fake some things in a far less scrutinized and regulated industry.”

Some pollsters do take steps to check their surveys. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics monitors its phone surveys, and recontacts 5% to 10% of respondents to in-person surveys, according to a spokesman.

Aapor plans to spotlight pollsters that use sound methodology and disclose their methods. The thinking, said Miller, is, “how can we make this a positive for organizations, as opposed to a club with which to beat organizations when they fail to be transparent.”

Tom Jensen, communications director of the firm Public Policy Polling, said the news media bears some responsibility for reporting questionable polls. “I don’t think polls should be reported if basic information to see if the numbers are valid is not given, such as party breakdowns,” Jensen said.
 CountIbli
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/21/2009 12:08:56 AM

We've systematically proceeded... step-by-step... toward a more militaristic and theocratic society out of FEAR. As a result, we involved ourselves in wars, had our children killed, and annually spent more on defense than the rest of the world COMBINED... and we've spent ourselves into greater debt than any country has in the history of mankind.

Holy crap we agree again! I offer up the following solution: Let's cut spending. I'm talking deep substantial cuts. Not just in our military but also in our social safety nets.
 laxref41
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/21/2009 6:14:47 AM
"Obamas dragging his feet on job creation is having the desired effect...."

there is no such thing as government creating private sector jobs... particularly short term...
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama disapproval on health care up to 52 percent