Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Changing Your Password Mail From BigFish re: IMEEM      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rustygetsit
Msg: 40
Changing Your Password Mail From BigFishPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I've had imeem for over a year on my profile, but received no email from Big Fish; were they only sent to random members? And, yes, my music player is gone.

I wouldn't go as far as deleting my entire imeem account, because you can always go on the site and just browse and listen to the music; plus, I have a player on each of my blogs; so I'll just change the password. Thanx for the heads up.
 usagirl2
Msg: 41
Changing Your Password Mail From BigFish
Posted: 9/16/2009 8:49:30 PM
I didn't get a message from "Big Fish" regarding the password and I had IMEEN player on my profile. I have been surfing here trying to find the thread regarding the player not being on the profile . I will change my password but was curious why I wouldn't have received a message since I had uploaded the player. BTW I noticed today the last 3 people that viewed are listed again, just in a different spot. Thanks!
 Naughtical
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/16/2009 9:17:14 PM
Rusty and USAgirl: In regards to your questions about why you did not receive the email, this is what BigFish had to say in message 45...

I only messaged users who viewed an infected profile.

I received the message...so, of course, I changed my password.
Even if I didn't get the email, after reading this thread, I would have changed it anyway. Not like it's difficult to do.

I thank Markus for taking prompt action with this and doing what he felt was best for our protection.
 Eddie1962150
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/18/2009 3:05:20 PM
I'm glad it's gone. I never understood the point of it anyway. I read someones profile, If i like what i read i write them. I don't hang around and listen to there music anyway. Besides anybody with a little gray matter between there ears knows not to P2P from anywhere. Places like lime wire, frost wire, imeem you name it are P2P. Anytime you P2P your asking for it. Downloads from places like that are known for being infected with everything under the sun.
 Eddie1962150
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/22/2009 10:11:05 PM

but in wich way is imeem a Peer-2-Peer program?? i didnt see it as a program that in wich you aquire files from another person/persons computer?? please explain

Read posts 6, 10, 45, 46, That's all that matters.

These people were downloading music and getting there profiles infected. Either way you look at it it's P2P.
 john_deere_man
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/26/2009 11:34:17 AM
im sure you can find some sorta music player thats safe music says alot about a person
 tucker19
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/27/2009 9:21:02 AM
Maybe there's a way where we can upload songs right from our computer onto a music player that PoF makes? I think that'd be pretty safe or whatever.
 The Sunshine Boy
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/29/2009 9:39:42 PM
Re "I don't think I'm brining them back"
Then I'm not renewing my paid membership. Besides, I've tried to make contact with some ladies and haven't had much of a response. Obviously, then men outnumber the women 50 to 1. Why bother.
 The Sunshine Boy
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/29/2009 9:56:12 PM
Re: I don't think I'm brining them back (regarding Imeem)
In that case, I'm not going to renew my paid membership. Besides, I've contacted some ladies, most have not replied. Obviously, men outnumber the ladies 50 to 1. Why bother? Time is precious!
 Morning Coffee
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/19/2009 12:07:00 PM
How about allowing music from the Vault. http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/

They have an embed feature and I'd suspect they have good security too being they are self funded from decades of sponsoring concerts across the country and still being able to profit from concert product sales.

They've got some GREAT original live concert music. Worth looking into anyhow.

Dave
 startingover45
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 12:38:22 PM
Hmmm... I just found out all this is going on when a fella wrote me and said he couldn't access my favorite song without registering for a password at Imeem. My link on Facebook is still active, andI was trying to figure out how to put the link back up here when I found this tread.

Since it's been soo long now, is there any reason to change my POF password now?
 HANDSOME EVIL
Msg: 51
Changing Your Password Mail From BigFish re: IMEEM Discontinued
Posted: 1/5/2010 3:09:03 PM
Theres always a way. Somebody just has to figure it out.
 Calmset
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2010 9:29:37 AM
Imeem is no more; they have merged with MyspaceMusic. Is there anyway we can renew the feature, but with Myspace? I really enjoyed being able to have music and videos on my profile. When I started PoF, that was one of the things that made me choose it over other sites.
 OneNickyG
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Hey Markus
Posted: 1/27/2010 5:20:45 PM
I've been on many sites (gaming, personal, etc...) where they have integrated audio players in the profiles, like a Windows Media style player, which only plays MP3/WMA files. This requires the user/member to provide or host a music link on his own accord to be able to play it. There are many free music hosting sites out there where a user can upload a song and then have the link to it... almost like an Imageshack for songs. This provides security on the user's behalf.

Maybe you could implement something like that??
Just my 2ยข!

Nick
Still
 Calmset
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Hey Markus
Posted: 1/28/2010 7:45:43 AM
What about http://www.lala.com/ ?? It would just be the music, no video, but maybe something like that would work?
 kcny
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/23/2010 12:05:26 PM
will you guys ever bring back any music player for this site? i think it would be an awesome add on! take care
 tallows
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2012 9:41:15 PM
Some body is loing in to my stuff and need to make a new password
 tallows
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2012 9:43:25 PM
Some body is loing in to my stuff and need to make a new password
 TheBlueLagoon
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/7/2014 7:52:39 AM
I would like IMEEM player back or some player Markus.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Changing Your Password Mail From BigFish re: IMEEM Discontinued