Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > This is how I lost my job folks, what do you think?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Revilors
Msg: 44
This is how I lost my job folks, what do you think?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

In accordance with your assumed position

Read your email for my actual position.

Here's the thing.

In a free society...we create our expectations of what we want to get from our career. If our job does not meet that expectation...we are free to leave and find one that does.

Why are we critical when our job does the same to us if we don't meet theirs. Expecially given our current economy. It's tit for tat....not.

So...as in every other aspect in our lives...we can choose to whine about it...or do something about it. Whether it be in your job or relationship...raise your stock and reap the dividends.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 45
view profile
History
This is how I lost my job folks, what do you think?
Posted: 9/19/2009 1:46:14 PM
OP

There are contracts and legislations. When people tell you to forget about it and move on, that's ignorance. Who are you going to go to for a reference. Questions like, what was your last job etc... Like what the hell people? You can know your rights. Find out the reasoning of your dismissal. Keep a paper trail. There are labor boards and people out there that can help you.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2009 2:22:06 PM
Heh, if that were me, I would've fought it tooth and nail. Heck, I would've done more than a push up depending on what he did. That and I would've called the Mom an idiot for wanting to fire someone for doing something that the Mom should've been doing in the first place, disciplining there kid.
And if it were me dealing with you, I would not only have your job, but I would have your freedom - I'd ensure that formal charges were filed against you and even if I had to miss my son's football game, I'd make damned sure that I was there to see you jailed.

Bottom line... if you don't like the job, don't do it... if you are having issues with one of the children, bring this to the attention of your supervisor. You are not a law unto yourself.
 lateā„¢
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/19/2009 2:30:23 PM

Your decision to abandon the protocol, replacing that discipline with your own, was a mistake in terms of the parameters of your job.

This is where the line was crossed, whether or not the parents tried to discipline the kid is immaterial; they did not sign their kid up for any other form of "correction" other than what's explicit in the protocol.
 Crane38
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/20/2009 7:14:03 AM
Dealing with kids is a sensitive issue for sure. Yes a differnt approach was needed but you should have gotten permission. You went outside the lines and could possibly have left the camp open to a lawsuit if the kid had a medical issue, that is why you likely got fired.
WantaSmart 250 pushups and every thing else you said I call BS! You might have done 250 pushups at 10 but I bet it took you a week to do them!
 pappy009
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 9:59:54 AM
With my parents, and someone told me to do some push ups...I would do twice as much as what the instructor told me...my mommy and daddy would insist. People baby there kids way to much to day....way to much!!!
 RSwindol
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 1:37:24 PM
I would suggest you find out what the organization's termination policy is. You can contact their HR and they are to provide you with this information. If their actions contradicted any kind of written policy, then you may have an argument. Unfortunately, the likelihood of you getting your job back is slim to none, but at least you may be able to save someone else the same fate in the future.
 Revilors
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/20/2009 2:03:40 PM
Everyone wants this guy to push for a "reason" for termination. If you read post 66, to which the OP has not expressed dispute, I believe there was one job.

If pushed for "cause" he may get what he wishes. And it might read something like this:

Said employee was terminated for breach of policy in his conduct with a minor child in the capacity of a camp counselor.

Wouldn't we all love to have that in our permanent record and open for interpretation by all of our prospective employers? His former employer is NOT going to express the detail of the incident if called upon for a reference. It wouldn't be proper.

In terms of the best interest of the OP...this "sleeping dog" may be best left undisturbed.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > This is how I lost my job folks, what do you think?