Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Walking      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 junipermoon
Msg: 27
view profile
History
WalkingPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
i considered this topic this weekend while visiting my brother and his wife in fairhaven, ma. we must have walked on 12 different beaches in 3 days. my brother fished, i watched birds, and his wife kind of alternated keeping company with both of us.

i do love to walk and we must have walked at least 6 miles each day, between the salt marshes, the wildlife refuges and the beaches. i have to say, though, that i saw a world of difference between the true ocean experience and that of the gulf, the bay and the sound. the ocean, on the east side of cape cod is the real deal. i didn't walk on that one. i just sat and watched the cormorants, the seals, the plovers and the gulls as they hunted for dinner.

i may have to move to new england. i don't think i could walk on any beaches south of there.
 junipermoon
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/22/2009 6:06:01 AM

I do it almost everyday, 12 months of the year.

that would rock! i'd especially love to walk by the ocean during a nor'easter.

and we did see a hundred people or so spread throughout the mile of beach we visited. we had beautiful clear blue skies, sunshine, temps in the '70s and a stiff wind off the atlantic.

and you don't find garbage on the beaches on the cape. everyone cleans up after their dogs and themselves. you don't see trash floating in the water or washed up on the sand. and the national park service has begun promoting the cultivation of native plant varieties. so you see lots of healthy eel grass on the dunes.

new englanders have the reputation as an aloof sort of people. but they have managed to control blight in a way that the rest of the country can learn from.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Walking