Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 badge73
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Rail Operator Passenger FinesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
They have a load of rules in small print and depends on the inspector and what mood hes in! I dont know the appeals procedure but i would complain, maybe try an email a director and mention the press.

99 times out of 100 a inspector would have let it go most likely, better luck next time.
 badge73
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Rail Operator Passenger Fines
Posted: 9/18/2009 6:36:09 AM
in future people should really do some research as mac did on the various money saving sites. most of the rules are designed to catch a few people and they were ment to be "simplying" down all the grades of tickets but, like anything thats messed with its been made worse.

big for sean, as ever his willing to help people, and takes pride in his job.
 oggers
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 12:50:37 AM

travel by rail often, and have had SOOO many clashes. I waste a lot of money on over priced tickets, because I'm scared the cheaper ones wont be valid for what I want and I can't always be sure exactly what time train I'll catch. Peak and off peak times, which operators will accept which tickets and will be sharing lines etc gets very complicated,

And this, dear readers, is precisely why I now travel by car ...... this and the fact that the trains at night usually stink, and are homes to certain groups of people keen to releive you of your possessions ......
 Warrencraig
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2009 10:59:51 PM
The rail companys dont need to buck up in such areas as they know full well many of thier customers have no choice as its the only viable way they can get to work etc. So therefore no need to bother!!!

I always drive as opposed to use the train. its almost always CHEAPER for a start!!! The only times ive found it cheaper to use train is when ive bought super cheap advance tickets back in the day before they binned the really cheap deals and replaced it with one advanced ticket to "simplify" things. or was it to boost profits by offering less cheap tickets????

I used to travel the length of the country on super advance tickets dirt cheap by booking weeks in advance. Those fares are just not available any more and nothing is even close to those prices.

Long distance i can get a train that will match the cost of petrol but considering ive had to book it long time in advance, and travelling weekends usually, you get screwed over by "engineering works" and "rail replacement buses" meaning is slower and more hassle than driving, i rarely use train and drive instead!!!

even local travel its often cheaper to drive!!! my daily bus fare for university is £5.60. The fuel for the same journey costs £4!!!! 1 hour 20 mins on a rickety bus versus 15 minutes in my car!! its pretty obvious anyone with any sense would choose the car!!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >