Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He dumped me over the net. Not sure what happend.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 6
view profile
History
He dumped me over the net. Not sure what happend.Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
You met over the net, he asked you to be his girlfriend over the net... dumping you over the next is quite apropos.
Why on earth would you agree to be someone's girlfriend before you even meet face to face? And have sex so soon... ah well, chalk it up as a learning experience.
 Stormwolf
Msg: 7
view profile
History
He dumped me over the net. Not sure what happend.
Posted: 9/17/2009 6:52:05 PM

My rule is no sex for the first 6 months. You need to get to know each other first.

Do you mark each day off the Calander??
Make sure you give your next prospect a copy
of "Blue Balls" by Poor Bast Turd
 carolann0308
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2009 7:09:44 PM
The average relationship starts with friendship and dating and leads to sex. If he is coming to your home, not taking you anywhere and you always end up in the sack? Then YES he used you for easy sex.
 jacob8088
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/17/2009 9:11:53 PM
Its pretty obvious that you were used for his own pleasure. Time to pickup whatever pieces left and move on.
 daynadaze
Msg: 10
view profile
History
He dumped me over the net. Not sure what happened.
Posted: 9/17/2009 9:14:45 PM
If all he did was come over and have sex and never take you on a date or out in public, then yes he was just using you for sex. The fact that he said you were his girlfriend before he met you, then came over and had sex and never actually dated you, should have been a great big clue that you were not his girlfriend but that he thought calling you that would work to get sex. Forget him and treat yourself with more respect next time.

Yes it hurts, but he didn't do it by himself, you were just as responsible for what happened and what you allowed, so no professional victim talk,. Make sure someone treats you well, don't be desperate for attention and don't go to bed with strangers and wonder why you didn't get a boyfriend out of it. You are responsible for what goes on in your life, you show people how to treat you.
 W0nka
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/17/2009 11:10:13 PM
This guy has no respect for himself if he’s breaking it off with someone he was physical with, without even giving them a reason.
I can tell that you’re genuinely hurt, but believe me… someone like that isn’t worth getting upset over.
Even if the relationship carried on longer, you would have eventually found out that this guy is a total coward, so you should actually be glad you found out now, instead of in a situation were you really needed him.

Don’t let it affect your confidence, just be more cautious with the next guy and you’ll be fine.
Find someone worth your time… that’s the best way to get over it.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/18/2009 12:29:26 AM

My rule is no sex for the first 6 months. You need to get to know each other first.

So a guy goes out with you for 6 months. Then you sleep with him and he dumps you the next day because you aren't compatible in the bedroom. Then what? Do you make a new rule?
 majyk1
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/18/2009 1:09:26 AM
^^^^^ ha ha ha Good one ChancesRMD!!

{"I tryed asking him why and he wont even tell me why he wont respond to my messages."}
WTH?? I doesnt matter why! He dumped you. Sounds pretty simple to me.

{"So what could It have been?"}{"Did he just use me for sex?"}
You answered your own question. YES

{"If so how do I get over this"}
Just move on and learn from it.
 ~*Isabel Kitty*~
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2009 1:48:28 AM
I'd say he used you for sex. And yet, when I say I wait until I am in "love" which takes months, and doesn't happen over night..people tell me i'm crazy for waiting. But this is EXACTLY why I choose to.
 andy.pandy
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/18/2009 4:51:48 AM
it sucks how there is ***holes out there who do pray on womans feels i mean yeah girls do it aswell but yeah this kinda situation is pretty crappy

i hope you learn from it and i hope karma is a **** to the guy who stuffed you around
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/18/2009 6:04:21 AM
Oh honey, I see you're only 20. That means your "boyfriend" was probably in the 20-22 age range. Most boys that age will screw a knot-hole in a fence if they're sure they won't get a splinter while doing it. They're not looking for their 'soul mate' at that age.

Like the rest of the posters have said, this boy simply got what he wanted and he's now moving on to his next conquest.

Aim higher next time and don't be so quick to give these boys what they want right in the beginning.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/18/2009 5:42:01 PM

Did he just use me for sex? If so how do I get over this. It hurts that he did this out of no where. Over the net for that matter. didnt call nothing. Just over Messanger he dumped me.

The POF lynch mod has been pretty rough on you but don't fear many of them if not all have been standing in your shoes at one time or another in their lives.
They are just sharing their wisdom.
 clasact
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2009 6:01:06 PM
Alyssafaith, I hope the next time, your red flag indicator is in operational mode.
The first indicator of the red flag needin' to go up the pole is when he asked you to be his girlfriend prior to ever meeting you.

Yeah, I know, enough have already said it but it cannot be repeated enough.

He was good at locating your vulnerabilities and he played on them.

Please don't beat yourself up about it.
Just try to learn from your experiences.....please.

No one in their right mind is gonna ask you to be their girlfriend before meeting you unless:
#1. They have an ulterior motive

OR

#2. They have a whole closet full of tin hats
 soldiergirl99
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/25/2009 5:03:21 PM
Your first red flag should have been "will you be my gf" even before meeting. What guy asks that?!? Everyone gets their heart broken one time or another. Just chalk it up as an experience.

Try to keep busy, go out with friends, join a co ed baseball team, take up a hobby etc.. and get on with your life.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/25/2009 9:32:08 PM
ohhhhhhhh, he played you like a fiddle.....................
he wasn't man enough to have the ballz to speak to you face to face

what a pathetic waste of space
eeewwwweeeee
wienie boy! who's testicles have not dropped yet!
 scottey63
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2009 8:05:49 AM
Your first clue should have been him asking you to be his girlfriend before even meeting you in person. That's just not sensible.
 SleepyMcGee
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2009 7:53:37 AM

I am affraid he did, men think with ther ****** it is natural inbuilt in them.

Women think with their cooch just as often, darling.

OP, a big warning sign should have been this guy wanting you to be his girlfriend before you've even met. That's not only weird, it's downright creepy.
 Inego Montoya
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/5/2009 11:16:01 AM
He used you for sex. Next time don't be so eager. He's a jerk and you were willing. You should at least wait a few dates for sex.
 blindehorse700
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/5/2009 12:17:50 PM
You got used its that simple. on here the girl should do the looking an ues common sence,read between the lines,if they come on to you like that witch you said ,there lieing. if it sounds to good AN slick move on .
 pandusvenator
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:16:42 AM
Its possible that he used you for sex. Its possible you did not fit into his paradigm too.

I do think that people are different before sex than they are after sex. I mean personality wise. I am not implying this happened but here is an example....
You meet, have a fun time together, enjoy being around each other. You have really great sex with a guy and then the guy wants to marry you. Reverse it, I have sex with a woman and she starts building a future in her mind and actions right after.

There are lots of reasons. I do find that they get lumped into one group. I got used. In order to be used you have to feel as though you were cheated out of something.

Love does not equal sex. You can love someone with all your heart and have no sexual feelings for them. You can almost dislike or even say you hate a lover but you don't want to stay away. Sex does not equal love.

We will hook up with some interesting types at times. lol Being used? If you have some expectation too early you can feel pretty used. At the same time you aren't going to go six months finding compatability. Not if your smart. I find that people who try to extend the interaction longer without sex can do this because they have a lover that keeps them even keeled. In fact I'm certain beyond certainty.
 startle
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/6/2009 1:31:26 PM
in this life...you're on your own...look out for number one always....everyone gets dumped sometime....the worst thing that can happen to you sometimes is to not get dumped...love them and leave them...let that be your motto....
 Cicciolina
Msg: 27
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:02:38 PM
It is the information age...People dump people via email and SMS..
I once got dumped via SMS... He was to scared to confront me..
Maybe, he used you for sex or perhaps he just changed his mind about things after getting to know you better...
Sometimes, guys are scared to break things off...
 winteragain
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:14:20 PM
hey, better to have been dumped after meeting an internet guy rather than being dumped the same night from meeting some guy at a bar. consider this a one month stand which is way better than a one night stand. move on my fuhrer
 lewisdd
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/6/2009 10:45:26 PM
It may have seemed like it was out of nowhere for you but, if you think about it he proably gave little hints. Like always texting, telling you exactly what you want to hear( I have never felt this way about anyone before). Paying attention to all of the details in your life. I bet he lived about 1 to 2 hours away from you.
I hope I am wrong about that. But the fact is some guys really do think that they are feeling a woman up until ejaculation then it is down hill from there.
Well that is the way I used to work. That kind of thing tends to burn you right back in your face.

KARMA IS A ****!!

Just dont worry about that because what goes around will always come around.
Good luck in the future.
 Greyfeld
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2010 1:52:51 PM

lol I'm not trying to be rude, and I know that I can't speak for all men on this topic... but I'm pretty sure that most guys don't date girls that have "rules" about how soon/often they can get laid.

If you can't trust yourself enough to be a proper judge of character, then there are a lot of problems that go above and beyond when you should be having sex with another person.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He dumped me over the net. Not sure what happend.