Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VinylMusicJockey
Msg: 29
The type of people you attract here?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
nathan_x wrote:
Since I won't post my photo publicly(I share it privately), and all people have to go by is my profile, which is fairly well written, I think... I get a lot of fat girls. I'm not gonna lie. I get a lot of fat girls and single moms.

That seems to be the same here, too. I don't know if they assume that since I'm shorter than average for a male that I am more prone to jump at the chance to meet anybody or what. The other type I get, but not nearly as often, are very nice women near my age but with absolutely nothing in common.
 MochaDLite
Msg: 30
The type of people you attract here?
Posted: 9/18/2009 7:55:26 PM
I get a lot of guys from various ethnicities, attractive or unattractive who view my profile over and over, and so I email them, but they don't respond but keep on viewing my profile but never contact me or reply back to emails.
The ones that usually respond or initiate contact are considerable older than me, fat, and white.
I have also had someone try to recruit me for some type of "business opportunity" and got angry at me because I told them that I thought this website was for dating opportunities not a job search.. LOL How DARE I?
 laughing_fire
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2009 12:21:57 AM
I don't know, but this seems to sum up the type of guys I get:

1) Socially Inept- men with no experience with women, and it makes it really awkward when they start stroking your hair like you're a porcelain doll.

2) I don't know how to describe this category; weird?- I've had stalkers here; among other colorful characters (details withheld to protect identities)

3) Jerks- 'nuff said

Oddly enough, it's all the bad dates I remember, I wish I could remember more of the nicer ones. But the bad dates have more interesting stories attached to them!
 misschrissy1234
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/19/2009 12:15:37 PM
This thread is great!

A) Overweight rednecks that call themselves atheltic

B) Nice older gentlemen that I'm totally not interested in and who obviously didn't read my profile very well.

C) Exactly my type, simply lacking any emotional depth and usually comes with these conversations "your sexy text me I wanna see that sexy ass"

Are there no Attractive Alpha Males with hearts or emotions?

I have been out with one POF we actually had a ton of mutual friends but he fit neatly into the C category it just took me a little while to realize it :-(
 Lucas061287
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2009 8:46:48 PM
I apparently attract the type of women who are imaginary haha. Granted, I've only been on here a few days, but still. I've sent a few messages to a few women here and there, never anything lewd or inappropriate. Usually just keep it short and to the point, saying what I saw in their profile that interests me, sometimes complimenting their looks. Just depends. Few responses though.
 Esperanza
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/20/2009 10:20:02 AM
I have had a wide range of ages from 18 to 80, races mostly have been white and black with a few Indian and Mexican. I find that the men I find interesting/attactive only want to be friends and I am still friends with them. The men I don't find interesting/attractive/wierdness/many show lack of cleaniness want a relationship and I have no desire. If any of my men friends would like to take it to the next step I wouldn't mind it one bit.
I like the ages between 40 and 60 the best any younger too close to my kids ages and any older too close to my parent's ages.
 islandwonder
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 12:19:18 PM
50% old men, including one that was older than my grandfather
20% guys in their late teens or early 20's.
20% perverts or weirdos
5% messages from people that want to be friends/people I used to know that I haven't seen in years
5% decent guys that just haven't worked out.

P.S. If you don't want messages from "fat girls" put something in your profile about how fitness is important to you and most of us won't waste our time!
 smileatjen
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/20/2009 12:53:16 PM
It seems like I attract men who are too far away. Lately I haven't gotten any responses so can't say I attract much right now. Then again not on enough to really worry about it.
 Happy_in_SD
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/20/2009 2:35:06 PM

One of the burdens of being young and beautiful is that jerks are going to hit on you.

Luckily I am old and fat ... but so far no luck, either!
 leekatherine
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/20/2009 3:51:46 PM
no particular common demoninator, but my favorite so far is the gentleman who wants me to bear many, many of his children. do you think he read my profile --- probably not as I'm way past the childbearing stage. Good for a chuckle, then block!
 daffie
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/20/2009 4:40:14 PM
omg...
it's getting worse day by day...
since i had my59th birthday earlier this month i must have disappeared completely from the search criteria of the men near my age...after all, women my age must be all ugly and doddery....
...their loss!

now there are a lot of young wanna bs, i'm being nice here...and revoltingly creepy, obviously, professional trawlers...who probably spend all their spare time happily "w@anking away" in front of their pc screens.
it seems the only decent, intelligent, fun contacts that i make here are from the forums...which is now the only reason i am on here.
i was going to give you a few examples of the messages i receive...but have decided to save them for a new book...
"how to be a complete jerk(off)"
 leekatherine
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/20/2009 4:42:40 PM
daff -- I'm hereby offering to be your proofreader!
 daffie
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/20/2009 4:47:00 PM
what a sweetheart...

your offer of assistance is welcome...

a word of warning...
(make sure you have an empty tummy!)
 Magic_Fish
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/20/2009 5:28:12 PM
When I had pictures on here, I got lots of mail from 20+ students of every race. EEEEWWWWW, my son is 23 and I can't imagine his friends ...

Now that the pics are gone ... nothing.

Thank goodness for small miracles (0r is that having a lightbulb moment).

MF
 MsStackhouse
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/21/2009 6:42:05 AM
When I was dating from this site, I'd say that 95% of the messages I received were from age 40+ biker guys with shaved heads and goatees, who were divorced with 2 kids.

Unfortunatly this is not my type at all...
 NCPantherFan
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/21/2009 11:50:40 AM
Have received messages from all types....would be difficult to break it down to one type.......
 Dobes
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/21/2009 2:43:40 PM
I get messages from:

1) Men who can't hold a conversation (Hey wanna chat?)

2) Men who have written to me already 3 or 4 times previously but obviously don't remember.

3) and the occasional intelligent man, who can actually has something to say
 abby156
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/21/2009 4:14:14 PM
usually guys that are far too young or way too old.
 Happy_in_SD
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/3/2009 3:38:27 PM
The good news: I actually got contacted by a decent looking man, that wasn't obese, under the age of 50 !!!

The bad news: He couldn't spell any word that had more than 4 letters, and had absolutely no sense of humor.

But hey, I got contacted ... wooohooooooo!
 PinkOleander
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/3/2009 5:17:08 PM
Since I have many interests listed I tend to attract men with similar interests. In fact many of them write based on this according to their emails.
 daydreamin_honey
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/3/2009 7:38:44 PM

One of the burdens of being young and beautiful is that jerks are going to hit on you.

It happens in real life - it's going to happen here too.

In "real life" I have rarely ever had horny old pervs hit on me. But it seems the internet gives them a boost of confidence for some reason. In "real life" I have the college frat boys showing interest, even when I have my kids with me! Here, on PoF, I have mostly older white guys looking for a sugar baby or little boys looking for a good time.

The two guys so far I thought were "normal" turned out to be total flakes.

But i'm not about to lie about who I am to try to attract another kind of guy. I am who/what I am and it's not going to change just to impress guys.
 acqua serena
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/3/2009 8:23:54 PM
"Real life" = guys of all kinds in their 20s (no real surprise there), attractive men in their 30s (nice, but if they want babies ...) , unattractive (as opposed to attractive) men in their 60s (no, just plain no). That's why I'm online, so that I can "meet" men in that elusive 40s and 50s range.

That said, I seem to attract men from many different backgrounds who wear jewelry (other than some subtle thing like a watch). For example, gold chains or natural material necklaces (leather cords with shark teeth (?) or big carved woo-hoos or ???) . It might sound entirely stupid, but I normally do not respond to a man wearing some distracting thing around his neck in his pictures. I'm pretty sure we aren't going to get along. Thank goodness there are others.
 ReallyCleverOne
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2009 12:22:56 PM
Mostly I've been contacted by very average looking men who are not very interesting. I'm still holding out for the one that is strikingly handsome and has something riveting to say. You only get a one chance to make a first impression and most of the emails I get just aren't enough to make me want to take a second look.
 Kayo_is_Okay
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/4/2009 12:44:11 PM
I attract a mix.
 PinkOleander
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/4/2009 1:44:08 PM

Mostly I've been contacted by very average looking men who are not very interesting. I'm still holding out for the one that is strikingly handsome and has something riveting to say.

Huh. I've been waiting for that for 35 years now.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >