Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > what is your greatest dating fears?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GQSunset
Msg: 26
what is your greatest dating fears?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
My greatest fear is that she falls in love with me, and i don't feel the same. A broken heart is the root of serious violence when it comes to dating.
 LuvComesSoftly
Msg: 27
view profile
History
what is your greatest dating fears?
Posted: 9/19/2009 1:19:20 PM
NCPantherFan,
While I thank you for you post and warning, I don't think this is the proper venue for this comment. Whether it be accurate or not. Good luck.

I do have to say this post has made me feel like I am truly normal in my fears. For that I thank you for your answers.

LCS
 unsolvedmystery
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/19/2009 1:32:47 PM
my biggest fear is that I might eventually become jaded with dating altogether and miss out on possibly meeting someone great cause of it. I doubt I'll let that happen but still, it's a realistic fear.
 Gideon_70
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/19/2009 1:40:07 PM
1. Dated a girl (one date) that had a history of sleeping with the guy, then screaming rape and damanding money to say she lied when the police arrive.

2. Went out with a girl that was sweet (or so she seemed) but while we were dating - met a guy in a bar, slept with him, then told me in an email she was moving in with himn (this was two days later).

My greatest fear? I am looking for a long term relationship. I am terrified that I will put two or three years of work into the relationship, marry her, then have her turn on me. Oh, wait that happened too. She wanted 40K to go away quietly.

I guess my greatest fear is being with someone that does not care as much about me and I do about them. Or, it could be marrying someone that is so headstrong and argumentative that life with them is a nightmare of arguments and fights over nothing. I really do not ever want to be a house at war.
 LuvComesSoftly
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 5:13:05 PM
Unsolvedmystery,

my biggest fear is that I might eventually become jaded with dating altogether and miss out on possibly meeting someone great cause of it.

Very well said. I hope I can remain realistic with hopeful optimism.
 pearlj
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/21/2009 7:05:11 PM

-Meeting someone and figuring out you're both not into each other.

Wow! I remember being that young! lmao! Everything was so simple (mainly cause I thought I already knew everything, but that's another topic lol) Anyway...this fear is so pure and cute, its almost.....quaint lmao!
 jacob8088
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/21/2009 8:08:58 PM
I don't have any fears when it comes to dating. The worst thing that can possibly happen is if me and her have no chemistry or physical attraction. But other than that, no fears.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/30/2009 5:30:23 PM
I use to have a fear that all women were like my ex. It would be like the movies Halloween and The Nightmare on Elm Street. I feared the same nightmare with different characters.

Luckily I did manage to get over those fears.
 gitana76
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/30/2009 5:44:11 PM
If you are afraid of getting STDs maybe you are giving it up too quickly--men and woman should require a new partner to get tested TOGETHER, and not feel awkward about such request!!
 Vannili
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 10:44:31 AM
My greatest fear is if my handsome date and me is in a fancy restaurant and he forgot his wallet at home and I misplace my purse somewhere,then the Maitre' D will march us to the kitchen and wash a mountain file of dishes, that is a tragic for me..

HAPPY HOLLOWEEN !!! Hey you guys, I mean MEN"prepare a lots of candies I 'll be treat or tricking knocking on your door in my french maid custume ,hehehehe....
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2009 3:57:24 AM
I wish I had the fears, or lack thereof, of all the responders so far.
I have one big one, which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned:
I'm afraid I'll do it wrong again. That I'll choose wrong, and disappoint someone else.
No matter how nutty and unreasonable my ex wife was, no matter how carefully I've worked out my short list of red flags and requirements, no matter how thoroughly I've vetted my prospective mate, no matter how confident I am that I know my own limits, will I still discover that I just can't BE enough for the One I think is right for me?
I would have thought this was a more common concern. Perhaps I need a box of ego pills.
 myrgth
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2009 6:25:05 AM
One of my fears is that I will meet this really awesome guy. Someone completely wonderful and perfect for me. Someone who loves me to the core of his being, accepts me, embraces the essence of who I am and holds tight. The guy who when I push just stands solid, unmoving. When I reach out, he reaches back. On top of all that, I reciprocate all that he has to offer.

I'd have no idea what to do with him.

The idea that such a man possibly exists equally excites and terrifies me.
 startle
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/8/2009 7:16:13 AM
my biggest fear is i will be late...i also fear my eyes will be puffy...my hair won't turn out right...my pants are going to be too tight to zip up....he won't like my perfume...i might get cold....my feet will start hurting...i will forget to lock the door....the movie will be boring...
 ~rain~
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2009 9:27:37 AM
Him killing me with an axe and dumping my body in a shallow grave on the side of the road in hamilton
 c_deacon
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2009 9:38:33 AM
That we have met before and already did this.....with the same results......

Another is that I will be 70 years old and still worrying about my next date, instead of enjoying the date I currently have.

Guess you can tell my frustration level with dating now, and how much I look forward to the next step of just enjoying a real relationship.

cd......
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/8/2009 9:43:40 AM
I'm always afraid that I'll do that thing when you're talking to someone face to face and a little drop of spit shoots out and lands on them. Then they have to pretend it didn't happen so as not to embarrass both of you.
 cphtlpn
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/10/2009 6:38:56 PM
I feel the same way. My biggest fears have all ready been met. But I put a stop to it and ended the relationship. Its mostly liars, cheaters and people who slip by the radar who are a waste of time. Most of these people do not have established life roles (no school or trade, no real significant work, etc.) .

Trust your gut when you are dating, ask questions. Always have an exit plan early on.
 Vannili
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2009 5:14:11 PM
I HAVE NO FEARS, otherwise I won't be here meeting some strangers to know them ,,,,if one of them is THE ONE....
 Karaokebear
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/12/2009 1:56:26 PM
Dating someone with violent or drug addicted exes or adult children
 Man_of_steele
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/12/2009 10:09:57 PM
My greatest fear is that my date will confess she was born a man!

*laughs*
 kpooks
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2009 9:53:12 AM
Fears? Have none, except...what if she's INTERESTED? Wants a date #2? God, now I have to stay interesting/keep the thing going lol! Well, it takes two, she's there too, so it's on her to keep things interesting too...
 _allen_
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2009 11:12:19 PM
My greatest fear, not ever finding the right woman no matter how hard I try or where I look.
 dpb39
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/11/2010 6:39:47 PM
That someday I might actually get one. I'd be completely lost.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/11/2010 10:55:55 PM
Oh this is great. I just know I am going to have a nightmare about this tonight now that I have read this.
 arwen52
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2010 10:48:58 PM
Mostly I'm afraid of being bored to tears or being latched onto by someone I'd rather not. Right now I'm a little bit worried about someone in particular taking me more seriously than I'm taking them. I don't want to be a jerk. And I'm afraid of falling for a guy who definitely is not LTR material. Those are my current fears.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > what is your greatest dating fears?