Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > what is your greatest dating fears?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TedJMill
Msg: 90
view profile
History
what is your greatest dating fears?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Becoming the "yes dear" guy, who does whatever the woman wants.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 91
view profile
History
what is your greatest dating fears?
Posted: 6/26/2012 7:07:38 AM
Haha. ^^^ So true.
 DallasSBF
Msg: 92
Posted: 6/26/2012 9:18:59 AM
being in a relationship with a guy who doesn't enjoy the same things I do. We have nothing in common. We live separated lives.
 jimbronson
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2012 9:21:31 PM
Concerns rather than fears:
1. Having a sizable disparity between how I feel about her vs. how she feels about me.
2. Believing that she dated me for ulterior motives such as: using me in some fashion.
3. Dating an opportunist who is always looking over my shoulder to trade up.
4. Dating a really poor communicator or someone who says "I really can't discuss that" (more than once).
5. Getting involved with a druggie/user of any kind or anything.
6. Dating someone who read the book, THE RULES, and took it very seriously.
 runner_83
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/27/2012 11:33:30 PM
I'll speak for the forumites and say most fear telling or hearing the truth as well as actually having to log off the site to meet people in real life instead... aaaand possibly leaving their computer to go out of their house for once in their life let alone on a date.
 happy_in_pink
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/28/2012 2:58:29 AM
I met a man in here about five years ago. I saw red flags waving every where. I got involved with him any way. Needless to say the relationship ended on a bad note.

So my biggest fear is that I will get involved with someone that is not nice.

This time is different I see the red flags and I get away from them ASAP.

Don't let being lonley or your fear of being alone make you settle.

No one should ever settle there are plenty of nice single people to choose from.
 wanderer1999
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2012 6:04:00 AM
My greatest fear would be to go on a date with that special woman, and not be able to recognize her for what she is because I let myself get distracted with my own crap.

We only get so many chances in life, and I don't want to waste any of them.
 NewYorkbiker
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/28/2012 6:15:50 AM
Getting bored in the relationship and just taking the person for granted...

Said after my 20+ year marriage I would never let that happen again, but seems so easy to fall into that rut...
Just so many things in life to deal with sometimes, hard to stay focused on what is really important sometimes...
 Eagle Fish
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/17/2012 3:01:25 PM

Men and women tend to perceive their own safety differently.

I have been particulary curious lately about a mans worst nighmare pertaining to dating or relationships. I have a fairly good idea what a woman's worst nightmare may be. Most often its fear of physical violence, rape or murder. Women also tend to fear for the safety of their children. Mine is the typical female fears. In no way do I want to underplay mens fears. I would like to find out Gentlemen, what are your greatest fears when it comes to dating and relationships? Women, please by all means share your fears if other then previously mentioned.

*Romance and commitment itself.
* Men/women fear of stalkers or the mentally unstable.
*The Gal that might very well be a guy ( trans-testicals).
*As a man, I'm afraid of very Little.
*Getting trapped into marriage.
*Merely approching a woman for fear of rejection.
* Being falsy accused of rape or beating a woman.
*Fear of being attacked, raped or murdered. ( yes this can happen to men too).
*Being manipulated, controlled, loss of identity.
*He/she will laugh at me.
In all seriousness. what are your greatest dating/relationship fears? What precaution/s do you take to prevent these from occurring if any?

I thank you in advance for this indulgence of my curiosity.

LCS

Why does this sound like a strange dating bucket list?

Everything is fun until you land in the emergency room…. With you know, that girl…?!?

Some of mine are dying of boredom or old age looking for my “perfect” match on a dating site -- Seeing something like it on my tombstone. Precautions -- Try not to look for that perfect match.

All the people who I have contacted or contacted me over the years would actually contact me on the same day and demanding a date on the same day. Think about it – kind of scary.
 OutMind
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/17/2012 3:34:07 PM
She shops for lingerie at Kmart.
She raps a condom on her vibrator.
Sox spring out when you unfasten her bra.
Her tramp stamp read Men suck.
You could give her pointers on how to better shave that upper lip hair.
 wolftxusa1966
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/17/2012 3:41:18 PM
My biggest fear is that there's mutual attraction and then I fvck up. It has happened before and it will happen again.
 vancitygurl78
Msg: 101
Posted: 11/17/2012 7:44:37 PM
My greatest dating fears would be, if I wasn't interested in the guy, and I told him that later on, what if he called me constantly, or texted me or started stalking me.

I had an incident one time where I met a guy off the internet. We hung out as friends and nothing happened between us. He wasn't my type at all and I think he got pretty hung up on me.

He started calling me at work, coming to work and standing in my line, saying nothing to me but handing me a bag of gift. Stalking at me at my house, ringing my apt buzzer number and not saying anything. Dropping by my best friend's work, and asking where i was, driving all the way to the airport and tracking me down just to drop me a bag of gifts.

WOW I learned my lesson and am very cautious. Thankfully he didn't hurt me and things didn't get worse than this. But there's alot of crazies out there!
 Lighttruthrevisited
Msg: 102
Posted: 11/17/2012 10:23:21 PM
Being really attracted to someone i have absolutely no future with
Having someones prejudices not crop up until 3 months into the date
Having someone not respect my boundries
Someone who has no time for me but wont admit it
Hidden illegal activity
Snake keeper
Oh you know what I have lived through everyone of these
And i still have hope!
 Lighttruthrevisited
Msg: 103
Posted: 11/17/2012 10:26:55 PM
Outmind: She shops for lingerie at Kmart.
She raps a condom on her vibrator.
Sox spring out when you unfasten her bra.
Her tramp stamp read Men suck.
You could give her pointers on how to better shave that upper lip hair.
These are hilarious! I feel for ya bud
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/18/2012 5:20:21 AM
Rejection after rejection after rejection. Oh hold on its not fear it's reality. Mu fear is that I will never find that someone and I will aliways be here
 wolftxusa1966
Msg: 105
what are your greatest dating fears?
Posted: 11/18/2012 6:13:49 AM
"what is your greatest dating fears?"
I'm also pretty scared of people who mix singular and plural.
 m8t
Msg: 106
what are your greatest dating fears?
Posted: 11/18/2012 6:25:20 AM
What is my greatest dating fear?

Meeting several posters in a dark alley, while.....
Opps you did say fear :)
 Vannili
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2012 7:01:55 AM
I don't have fears on datings otherwise I won't venture on this matters, people who have fears have a crippled mind, in my book.

Why would a person" speculate" a bad experience from someone that isn't happening yet???? God gave me a sound mind to detect matters, if a person is mentally unstable ect.ect.and he wants to date ... I will not fear it ,but act accordingly...

In this game of life we should use common sense and gut feelings to survive too ,not just food for our bellies..

Your curiosity comes from a person with no mental power and entrap of fears. the fears of unknowed but in your case ,you are playing in your mind the worst to happened..
 DragonBits
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/17/2013 7:32:50 PM
I go broke trading, have to get a real job and I am forced to date people from PoF.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/17/2013 9:05:32 PM

I go broke trading, have to get a real job and I am forced to date people from PoF.

Weird post for somone who's married.

And you resurrected this thread after 5 months for that??
 sigungq
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2013 9:23:27 PM
OP, just because most men tend to be larger/stronger physically than most women, doesn't mean that a woman isn't just as capable of murder and/or physical abuse to a man. That said, while fear of being murdered or abused is pretty far down on my list, probably my greatest fear is a woman who is generally mentally unstable, and/or drug or alcohol abuser. For some strange reason, I seem to attract that kind of woman like a magnet, and I usually run for the hills when they come out of the woodwork.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/17/2013 9:25:18 PM
Since the divorce, I would have to say that I fear the hidden agenda and alternate personality.
 yaknowyaloveme
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/18/2013 11:55:21 PM
I would like to bring this up again while on the subject " Fear of being attacked, raped or murdered. ( yes this can happen to men too). "

This happens often to men, rapes go unreported, this is not by "women" persay , in the military men are raped by other men daily and this is still kept hush hush.

We all can think of a thousand sitution that I man can be setup to be robbed, its the same setup is used to rape him as well. This is such a horrible problem thats always been hidden , its very hard for a hetrosexual man to come forward and press charges on another male raping him.

Guys need to be just as careful as women, your first meeting in a public place with lots of people around , and do not go into a dark alley to walk her to her car, why would any woman park there anyway? Be a gentlman , offer to drive her to her car .

Did you get stood up, but you just talk to her minutes before your date then never heard from her again? Well consider yourself lucky! Thats a huge sign that you were in for somethings else and for some reason the person peering at you from across they way changed thier minds of what they had in store for you.
 All2rosie
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/20/2013 5:47:22 PM
A few of my fears -
- is a butt-opening passing himself off as a man....
- STDs
- married or otherwise involved with another man or woman or both!
-incompassionate
-close minded/boring/arrogant/inconsiderate
- selective lying
 Gentleman914
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/20/2013 9:26:21 PM
This actually happened to me the other night..
I was asked by the one who I call, my significant other, she asked me to meet up and I froze. I got all iced up and didn't know what to do. Later that day, I melted telling myself to grow a pair and show her why you should be the one. Unfortunately, she never got back to me and fearing I slipped and fell off the ladder...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > what is your greatest dating fears?