Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 120
Dancing With Another Man Besides Your Boyfriend/SpousePage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
^^^If I was going too, no - I wouldn't find it a big deal. Just as when a woman is dancing with another man and you're there it's not a big deal. Exactly....I assume you're inviting her to join, since that's comparable to the topic in this thread.

By the same token, if you expect to go off with someone else and leave your girl home then it's different - just like if your gf went out routinely WITHOUT you and danced with other men, THAT would be different.
 jr123567
Msg: 121
Dancing With Another Man Besides Your Boyfriend/Spouse
Posted: 9/28/2009 8:11:49 AM
going out with your s/o + other friends, and each of you dances platonically with the other friends: YES, THAT'S FINE
attending a family/community event with your s/o (wedding, etc.) and you dance with others platonically: YES, THAT'S FINE
taking ballroom/swing/salsa lessons with your s/o and going to a dance where people do those specific dances, and each you dances with others platonically, just for the practice: YES, THAT'S FINE
going out with your s/o and they "dirty dance" or grind with others: HECK NO

Dancing, by itself, is not the problem. To me, the line is drawn when an attached person dances in a specifically sexy/arousing/flirting way with someone who is not their s/o. It's just disrespectful.
 _Icon_
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/28/2009 9:09:25 AM
I cant even get a straight man to dance with me. They just want to stand at the bar and watch. So I dance with girls. Hmph.

This is why I have gay boyfriends to go dancing with.
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/10/2009 2:31:13 PM
I would NEVER dirty dance with a guy when i have a boyfriend (whether he's there or not), but i would clean dance with a guy.
 TheArmyLife
Msg: 126
Posted: 10/10/2009 2:39:04 PM

I defy anyone to find anything wrong with doing a polka with the neighbours 19 year old kid.

Hi. I'm Chris Hanson. Why don't you have a seat over there?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 127
Posted: 10/11/2009 10:03:52 AM
A friend and I had this conversation last night on the way home from a dance club.

She's dating a guy that doesn't like to dance, doesn't like clubs, etc. She routinely asks if he'll go out with her dancing because she'd rather be with him - he routinely tells her it's not his thing. He's also told her many times he's thinking of taking dancing lessons (which she'd love to do) but never really follows through with it. And in a club, dancing lessons don't do much good anyway - it's not a competition.

She has no interest in any other guys, but when she comes out with the girls dancing (because it's either that or go out alone if that's what she likes) there are times when we're all not interested in dancing for whatever reason and she's asked to dance by some guy. Does she say no because she's got a boyfriend? No - she dances with the guy, and I don't blame her. For her, it's all about dancing.

She also has no intention of doing anything beyond dancing, so if/when men go in for the kill and want a phone number and says "no thanks" because she's got a boyfriend, they ask where he is. She says "home" but thinks to herself, "he SHOULD be here, this guy's got a point."

Yes, it's a mismatch from the start - but once it's happening there are two choices:

1. Stop an activity for fear of being taken the wrong way when your SO doesn't like to do what you like to do.
2. Do what you like to do, invite the SO to join you and let your SO take it however they want since they choose not to participate.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2009 10:12:29 AM
I happen to agree with jlorence, if you cant do it in front of your lover then you shouldnt be doing it. It would like him doing something you would object to. I think its a matter of respecting each other and the relationship otherwise the two of you shouldnt be together in the first place.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2009 10:16:45 AM
To women in progress. My question is where are all your girls husbands and boyfriends since your out together? And next how would you feel about them going out clubing and dancing with other women when your home alone?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 130
Posted: 10/11/2009 11:28:33 AM
^^^Some of us are single. Some of us are involved but have boyfriends who don't want to join. They are free to come with but decide not to. Their choice.

Most of the husbands/boyfriends in the group aren't the type who would have a problem with an SO going out with friends in the first place - they knew when they met these women that they go out once in a while, and they're fine with it.

Life doesn't have to stop when you get involved.

P.S. Men we date won't have to go out to clubs and dance with other women because we'd go with and they'd have a dancing partner (at least for those of us who care about dancing with an SO, anyway). We wouldn't sit home - that's the point. If we did sit home when asked to go, however - it'd be too freaking bad for us if our men danced with other women - because we had the choice to do it differently.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >