Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 81
Shorter man Taller womanPage 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
" Short & Male" was a 1hr documentry. They interviewed various people , doctors, etc. incl a reasercher from Harvard University socialogy department who explained the findings from their latest reaserch tool: I.A.T = Implicit Association Test. Also it showed a boy going through painful leg lengthening proceedure inorder not to be " short". Also a couple doctors interviewed about the giving of male children growth hormone as the parents do not want their boy to suffer scocially from being " short". The parents were interviewed incl. the mothers who admit they & their girlfriends never found a short man attractive & they do not want this happen to their sons. A few other academics were interviewed about the social implications of these proceedures & stigmas attached to short men. Documentry= " Are We Short Changing Our Short Men? " was also a 1 hr piece from 12 years ago. Also depicted the grim prospects for the short guy. B.T.W. not hard to find other reaserch papers on this topic. Smile, be confident doesn't cut it for the short guy. Both documentries showed the best they become is " nice friends" to women.
 whytwater
Msg: 82
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/22/2010 1:55:08 PM

The one who makes her laugh.

Yup. But I wish you hadn't offered that up, Windlover. This place is crawling with competitors.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/22/2010 10:50:32 PM

And research and documentation get you what? Only another reason to validate and hide behind something? Quoting research is like quoting religion, people find what they want to justify their belief.

Did I tell you how to live your life or impose my religion on you some how? Research shows that this belief is considered TRUE and Correct:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,905442,00.html
From 1971!

http://jrscience.wcp.muohio.edu/Research/HNatureProposalsArticles/DontWantNoShortShortMan.H.html

Women DISCRIMINATE against shorter men - period it's not a preference. No other grouping of men are automatically written off or even looked at than the shorter men. I am not the only one that says this I am sorry. Men who are 5'0" to 5'8" can tell you how shorter men are shut out by shorter woman and taller women who don't consider them worth anything - and it comes down to 95% of women - research shows it.

Very few women will have no problem dating a man in the 5'0" to 5'8" range - these women are actually in a small minority and are actually liberated from social taboos that women are hung up on. The other 95% prefer to live like the cave man - going for the biggest they can get - well fine, I wouldn't want to be with someone who has issues with someone's height over what they are inside. And why don't you ask women who are 5'0" and under why they hate men who are 5-10" taller than them and they love only men who are over 12"+ taller, wear 8" to 10" high heels to make them appealing to very Tall Men.

As for my posting - did I nit pick yours? How do you know my success rate - you seem to judge easily and come to conclusions - so you can go on and profess your hate along with the women who just outright hate short men for nothing more than their height.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/23/2010 2:23:06 AM
Great article by dating expert Steve Penner. Many things that have been talked about in this forum are in this article.

Women hypocrites for refusing to date short men
By Steve Penner
August 15, 2008 2:00 AM

The first column I wrote three years ago dealt with the single issue that bugged me the most during the 23 years I ran the dating service LunchDates. Frankly, it was the aggravation caused by this issue that partially motivated me to start writing these columns.

I am referring to single women's prejudice against meeting short men. Since I doubt that too many current readers actually saw that column, I decided to revisit the topic. After all, this is one area in which many women display all the shallowness and superficiality that they love to accuse men of possessing.

The same woman who is 10-20 pounds overweight, and who cannot understand why a man might not want to date her because of those few extra pounds ...; that same woman often will refuse to meet a man who is 2 inches shorter than her "ideal."

During my years at LunchDates I interviewed women who were very flexible about a man's religion, his hobbies, and even whether he was divorced. But the one criterion they would not budge on was his height!

I am not just talking about tall women. It is certainly understandable that a woman who is 5 feet 10 inches might want to meet a man over 6 feet tall. (In fact, though, the few women who stated that they were open to meeting men shorter than themselves tended to be taller women.)

What really perplexed me was the number of short women who insisted that they only would date men considerably taller than themselves. It was very common for women 5 feet 4 inches or under to state that they "absolutely" only wanted to meet a man at least 5 feet 10 inches, and they really preferred 6 feet.

I find it amazing how many women have attached an almost magical meaning to the height of 6-feet tall. If society tended to describe people in terms of inches rather than feet, I wonder how attractive it would sound to hear a man described as "72 inches tall," rather than "70 inches."

If you are skeptical, have a single man you know place an ad on an Internet dating site saying that he is 6 feet. Than have another man place an identical ad except for stating that he is only 5 feet 10 inches. I guarantee that the first ad will attract nearly twice as many responses from women!

Now many of the women I interviewed at LunchDates were "modern" women who insisted on equality in every way ...; except height. That is, they were educated, had good jobs, and earned a decent income. They only wanted to meet men who also were educated, had good jobs, and earned a decent income.

But those men also had to be tall! When pushed to the wall and asked their reasons, they replied with some of the following excuses:

"I usually wear shoes with at least three to four-inch heels," some women responded very naturally. They also frequently pointed out that many boots have even higher heels. So these women would add at least three to four inches to their own height just to pull even, then another few inches to make sure that the man on their arm was still taller.
"My father, my brother, and all the men in my family are over 6 feet, so that is what I am used to," one women stated, insisting that she KNEW that the average height of men was around 6 feet. When I tried to tell her that the median height of men was between 5 feet 8 inches and 5 feet 9 inches, she got up and angrily marched out of the interview room!
"I am short, and I am looking for a man to father my children, and I don't want to have short children," a number of women told me, with a straight face, I might add.
"I just feel safer when I walk down the street with a man who is much taller than me," was also a common response.
"I am only attracted to tall men, I just can't help it!"

So where does this height bias leave short men? Behind the proverbial eight-ball, I am sad to say. After all, take a woman who is only 5 feet 2 inches, add three to four inches for her "heels," another two to three inches so she can feel safe, and lo and behold, it is not unusual for such a women to refuse to meet any man under 5 feet 9 inches. That means she is eliminating about one-half of the male population.

I was especially disheartened when interviewing a man under 5 feet 6 inches. After all, it is easy to tell a single man or woman who smokes a pack a day that he or she would have a much higher Dating Quotient (that is be easier to match) if he or she quit smoking. It is a little more awkward to tell a woman who is very overweight that she will be difficult to match unless she drops a few pounds.

But a smoker can quit, and an overweight woman can lose weight. But there is not much a short man can do.

Fortunately I am not referring to all women. There are (and were) exceptions.

For research purposes, I occasionally would glance through my dating service's "married file," (a file that obviously contained the profiles of couples who met and married through LunchDates). I noted that many of the women in that file had stated in their interview that they really cared very little how tall their matches were, and that flexibility had translated into a very successful membership.

Then I looked through the file of people who had completed their membership at LunchDates without meeting anyone. Sure enough, it was full of those women who had insisted they would only meet men much taller than themselves.

Over the years I became increasingly frustrated by many women's lack of flexibility in this area. Once I decided I was really going to "negotiate" with a short woman who was insisting that she only wanted to meet men over 6 feet. The woman had just stated that she was looking to get married and have children.

"You realize that if you are talking about growing old with a man, most people shrink a couple of inches as they hit old age," I said.

The woman paused, thought about what I said, then responded "Well, if he's going to shrink, all the more reason to only meet someone very tall!"

Steve Penner was the owner of the Boston-based dating service LunchDates for nearly 23 years.
 windloverr
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/23/2010 8:38:04 AM
hopefully1964 Totally my bad on the "short & male" thing. I googled it and got the clip I described. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRCQJO77U3I Do you have the web address for the "Short and male" program you described?

FYI, I've got a cousin with dwarfism, as do two of his children. His wife is 5'7" and very pretty. We were dancing at a reception one time and they were beside us, and he looks up with a sh1t eating grin and said, "Toes to toes and my nose is in it; Nose to nose and my toes is in it." Little sh1t has always been a lunatic.

However, do you see that ALL of the "problems" these people were addressing were psychological. With the leg lengthening and the growth hormone, it was the PARENTS putting that on the child. That child/those children are going to grow up; and EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES they are going to be told, in some way, that being short is bad. OF COURSE they're going to have issues with it.

How about those people who are raised in horribly squalid conditions. Same neighborhood, same friends, same education...some of them go on to become businessmen, lawyers and doctors; and some of them live out their lives on welfare. The ONLY difference is attitude. Some see their surroundings as a challenge; some see it as an obstacle. I love watching people and interactions. Go to a busy bar you've never been in. The guy who can make the girls laugh, or the most confident guy wins every time!

I went to a party one time. There were two girls there that were pretty to the point guys were afraid to talk to them. In walks a friend of mine. 5'9" to 5' 10", overweight, and balding with a very low income. (ie on the outside he appeared to have nothing to offer) In 15 minutes he had one girl on one arm of his chair, the other one on the other arm, and he is sitting there reading Penthouse Forum out loud to them. They were all rolling and laughing and having a great time! It is ALL attitude.

I honestly apologize for picking up the wrong hits on Google. If you will send me, or post the web addresses, I'll be glad to give them a look, and let you know what I think.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/23/2010 10:19:26 AM
Well, here we go again - belittle the short man - or We know it's not your fault - but we just don't care.

Ladies why don't you just admit that you love to spurn short men and you don't like men you can make fun of them because you can get away with it.

First of all you haven't given an answer you keep saying it's a preference - all women for some reason and I mean all of all heights and weights have decided that a man under 5'11" is trash and can be ridiculed for his height and all men over 6'0" are the standard - sounds like you - just don't care - which also means you are being discriminatory and I hope you find out that the population of Men that are 6'0" and above is very small or you can spend the rest of your lives alone.

In fact if you are looking for men over 6'0" why don't you all move to the Netherlands because they are considered a nuisance over there.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 90
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/23/2010 12:27:30 PM
windloverr,

However, there is nothing sexier to women, or men for that matter, than confidence. Dudley Moore 5'2; Paul Simon 5'3"; Michael J. Fox 5'4"; and topping the charts at a mind altering 5'7" is Tom Cruise. Confidence is sexy. Charisma is sexy. Power is sexy.

Their fame (power) is what made up for it, yes. If they weren't famous (and obviously have cash too), their results would be far less. I totally agree -- height is not the only thing. Build, Personality, Power, Money, Fame, each individually, are not the only thing either.

However, I think to be fair, the discussion is about people who aren't rich, famous, or incredibly unique on the ultra-positive side otherwise in society.

Let's take the common example, in terms of someone they DON'T know, and to "win" is to garner their genuine interest, with two choices:
Guy #1: 5'5", very charming, decent looking, very confident
Guy #2: 5'11", average charming, decent looking, average confidence

All other factors considered equal, Guy #2 probably wins 8/10 times. :) To a wide variety of women Guy #2 will always win. To a small section of real short gals, Guy #1 is always going to be a better choice because his height is possibly even preferred, in combo with his extra brownie points. To some ladies, it could go either way, but they will usually sway toward Guy #2.

The complaint by short guys (I am not parading on the classic bandwagon btw), is that it's much more difficult. It is. Let's be honest. When it comes to eying a gal across the room, and the "win" is "picking them up" as mutual strangers, a guy who's short is not going to get many chances compared to a 5'11" guy otherwise in the same league. It wouldn't be much of a contest, statistically speaking. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. But more importantly, a guy who's "too short" or "too skinny" or "too beefy" or "too tall" in a woman's eyes has a better chance when they're not strangers -- then personality plays a greater role (but still, lack of height & build, relative to their tastes, will still prevent any amount of charm & personality from working with many).

But I think it would be a huge huge stretch to say that height, comparatively speaking, on a noticeable level, doesn't play a huge huge factor in women's taste. Guys who are shorter should NOT be taking that out on any women and become bitter. It's just the way it is. If you're shorter, just be in great shape and maximize your attributes where standard guys fall short. That way, when height isn't a key factor, or you have that certain "look" or a certain "way about you", you'll be at the top of the list. Being short isn't like being handicapped -- it's like a different race -- it will cut you off from being fully attractive to certain sections of women, that's all.
 windloverr
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/23/2010 1:03:26 PM

Confident-Realist Their fame (power) is what made up for it, yes. If they weren't famous (and obviously have cash too), their results would be far less. I totally agree -- height is not the only thing. Build, Personality, Power, Money, Fame, each individually, are not the only thing either.
Think about what you're saying...how do you suppose they GOT rich and famous. Well, I've known numerous men 5'7" and under who had zero problem with the ladies; and to a man, confidence was what nailed it. They never THOUGHT "short"; they thought "I'm intelligent"; "I'm good looking"; etc. and women enjoyed talking to them. Once you get past the first three sentences, people are seeing you more for what's inside, than what's outside.
However, I think to be fair, the discussion is about people who aren't rich, famous, or incredibly unique on the ultra-positive side otherwise in society.
Well, I could name them too, but nobody would know them, LOL. My ex son-in-law was 5'5" - 5'6", and a great guy. When you looked at him you saw a good looking, red headed, lunatic; you didn't see short.
Let's take the common example, in terms of someone they DON'T know, and to "win" is to garner their genuine interest, with two choices:
Guy #1: 5'5", very charming, decent looking, very confident
Guy #2: 5'11", average charming, decent looking, average confidence
Like I said earlier, the guy who gets the girls is the one who makes them laugh. Word to the wise, another VERY USEFUL skill is the ability to dance. Go into ANY BAR you want. But just sit back and watch.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/23/2010 1:30:04 PM
You, sir, are not a "midget", you are a troll.

Why, thank you I appreciate that bigoted derogatory remark - just proves a point by your statement - and I appreciate you showing us your true dislike of short men.

And for my friend who says I should deal with it because I am a Christian - it is the duty of all Christians to bring light to injustice and ignorance. Now where in Christianity does it say sit back and take being discriminated against....
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 93
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/23/2010 1:32:11 PM
Confident-Realist: my vote is with you. VERY well balanced & posative perspective on the situation .... AND as you handle says; Confident-Realist. Very important combination! Cheers.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 98
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/24/2010 3:11:25 PM
windloverr,

Think about what you're saying...how do you suppose they GOT rich and famous.

In Hollywood, it's luck + acting talent + networking. Getting a job and picking up a lady who's a stranger are totally separate.

Well, I've known numerous men 5'7" and under who had zero problem with the ladies; and to a man, confidence was what nailed it.

In general, yes. Your positive views is really great, and accurate that a shorter guy can get women, don't get me wrong. But at the same time, I think you're extending a bit too far, giving the assumption that as long as a shorter guy is confident, he can get pretty much any lady -- which I disagree with, being realistic.

I think it can SEEM that way, because most guys overall, are not outgoing enough, and too shy to approach women in a smooth, carefree manner. Hence, confidence and general charm goes a long way. And since there are so many guys out there who are not only not "talented" in confidence & charm, but are actually BAD about it, yes, -anyone- can increase their results and do surprisingly well than before when they crank that part of them up -- the competition many times can suck.

However, there are guys 5'10" - 6'2" who have enough charm to not be "lacking", and all other things being generally equal, they will "win" the game of getting the stranger.

A gal 5'8" in her heels sees a cute guy who's 5'6" in his shoes, and sees another cute guy 6'0" in his shoes, same relative build, fashion, and face... Both give her the eye at the bar. The -common- gal in that situation is not going to think the 5'6" guy is really an option to consider much, won't find him attractive as a whole, and the guy standing 6'0" will be who she gravitates for very clearly. Even if the 5'6" guy is more charming, as long as the other guy has something going on.

Now, the flip side to that is when played in real life, the guy of "standard" height could be a jacka$$ idiot... or his face could actually be not her style, but it is with the shorter guy and he clicks very well with her with his opener and convo... AND she actually isn't that big on height if he's real cute and charming, and there aren't any great options otherwise running around.

But for most women who are of "good catch" status, height does play a significant role if he's not as tall as she in her heels -- even if he is pretty darn charming (confident).

Make a profile of a guy 5'5" and a guy 6'0". Have them be the same look, and both have reasonably nice profiles and emails to write out. They're BOTH pretty good. Crank up the 5'5" guy's profile on charm and confidence, and what he writes in his emails. He's not going to get more responses or intial writings to him, sorry. :) But he shouldn't be discouraged, either. Because as you pointed out, he still CAN pick up ladies. Ones shorter, he'll have a better results on, and also, when he's not in a "Choose A or B" situations, he'll do well. You don't need to pick up EVERY woman -- and no guy does. In a game of batting averages, yeah, the shorter guys will have a noticeably lower pct if they try to pick up girls at random, compared to a 5'11" clone. But it's not a contest -- ya just need more at-bats, and to know what kind of pitchers to hit against, that's all.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/24/2010 9:47:43 PM

However, there are guys 5'10" - 6'2" who have enough charm to not be "lacking", and all other things being generally equal, they will "win" the game of getting the stranger.

Well, a Taller Man has confidence - a shorter stature man is arrogant - and he is arrogant due to the fact he should have assumed the woman was not interested already.

Well, a Taller Man is successful - a shorter stature man is an over achiever or has a "Napoleon Complex" out for power - you should have know that all short men are untrustworthy.

Well, a Taller Man is smarter - a shorter stature man is deceiver and has not the intellect of a Taller Man - if he was smart - he would have never talked to the woman to begin with.

Well, a Taller Man is assertive - a shorter stature man has a bad temper and carries on like a child - don't you know that?

Well, a Taller Man is to be Trusted and should be Respected - a shorter stature man is not trustworthy and should be chided - because they are losers - didn't you know that?

I know 1 man who was confident a real ladies man, successful as a Lawyer, very smart man, very assertive and what he wanted and WAS 6 FEET TALL - his name?

TED BUNDY
That's right there ain't no exceptions to the rules of the Tall Man...
 52404 newbie
Msg: 102
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/14/2010 8:32:03 PM
I am 5'6" and dated several women taller than me - up to 5'10" before I got married.
The women I have found that are comfortable enough to go out with me are not worried about what other people think - about many issues, not just height. They have been some of the most well rounded women I have dated.
If my height does not bother these women, why should their height bother me?
Funny thing is sometimes I see men 5'10"ish giving her the look of "why are you going out with him"??? To which I grin like the cat that just caught the mouse inches from the mousehole.
 EYEZRBLU
Msg: 103
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/15/2010 5:31:11 PM
I am 5'6"-7" and dated plenty of women taller then me. Up to about 5'11" or so.
I am in the middle of ending an 11 year relationship, 6.5 yr marriage and my ex is 5'8".
We aren't getting divorced because of my height.
I do much better in the real world as the last women I was able to bring home from a night out was 5'8.5 and 120lbs or so.

I am not a little guy by any means and have HUGE shoulders, chest, arms, etc so maybe that helps. I am ALWAYS bigger then any woman I am with.

I DEFINITELY do better in the real world then I have been here at POF.

No doubt height plays a part in that here.
Most recent girl I dated (from here actually) was my height or half inch taller.
She didn't care, but A LOT do.

I like'm 5' and I like 5'10", I don't discriminate.
Certainly more women do then men do in this situation, but not all women think that way (fortunately).

If a woman won't date me because I am not tall, forget her.
Theirs always another one around the corner.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/16/2010 8:43:37 PM

You will never convince me that you cannot find women who'll date a smaller man. Never.

Here's some research to convince you.

Look up the article "Height as a basis for interpersonal attraction" by Wayne E. Hensley. You can find the full article at http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2248/is_n114_v29/ai_15622157/

In the research done by Mr. Hensley, 72 inches is the mean height for an ideal male reported by the uninvolved females in this study. Moreover, the standard deviation of the preferred height is so small ([Alpha] = .20) that the preference for a six-foot-tall male is overwhelming. Of the 145 uninvolved females, 46 (32%) report that six feet is the ideal height for a male.

The study does show that shorter men may have a chance, but it is slim. Only 2% of women preferred a shorter male. And only one in 720 couples was the man shorter than the woman.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 108
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/20/2010 11:56:15 AM
Okay, this whole women-only-want-6-foot--or-more-men is a huge huge huge stretch. That's the absolute ideal desire for MOST women, sure. It's the absolute ideal desire that a woman loves to watch my college team play on Saturday afternoons with me... another is that anytime I'd like a quickie in mid-afternoon, her work schedule would allow that to happen. Sure, those can exist and are turn-ons for most guys (hey, I love college football), but ALSO, most guys are not going to -require- that! There is so much more than that.

Saying all women just want a guy 6 foot plus is the same as the hefty-overweight women saying "All men want just want Barbie". No they don't. Most men cannot get a Barbie lookalike. Such women are bitter because they're physically/naturally unattractive to many men.

Height is a dimension of looks, like body type is. Women are into looks as guys are... they just tend to have less porn-style-dirty-thoughts when visually observing.

Why do women under 5'0" Tall Refuse to Date men Taller than themselves and jump up to 6'0"?

First, 5'0" to 6'0" is a big exaggeration. It's more like -- why do they still go for guys who are average height but still WAY taller than them? Because it's NOT always about a woman merely wanting a guy who's slightly taller than them. That is NOT the issue in it's entirety. I see many guy/girl couples walking into the bar being the same height with the gal in heels -- maybe even a slight shade shorter! WHEN can this be not that uncommon? When HE's Not the shorter guy in the bar. There is a big chunk of women who are pretty short -- 5'0" to 5'2" -- who still prefer guys 5'9"/5'10" or taller. Why? They're not the shorter guys at the bar. It's not so much in comparison to them -- that's just the first step. For a majority (not all) of gals, when they eye guys across the room as potential options, they're blurring out the guys who are below the median height.

But with that said, you have to understand, that if your other attributes are very good in comparison to other parties out there, you being the guy/initiator, can still make things happen if you've got a height/build combo that defines you solidly in a masculine way compared to her. Uphill battles can either make you bitter person, or someone who ends up being a better person all around.
 My I
Msg: 110
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/21/2010 9:33:27 AM

Look, if you spend the bulk of your time together horizontal, height is not an issue

That's the problem - Walls, trees, kitchen tables, the hood of my car is where I prefer it. Long legs are preferred but not mandatory - I'll provide proetective equipment for shorter women.

I don't like looking at the top of a woman's head when we are both vertical... I begin to giggle and think of her as a bar stool
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 111
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/21/2010 11:54:20 AM

And what percentage of these women feel cheated or ripped off they can't get a 6'0" Tall Man?

Not many, if you're talking about the "at least 6 foot" idea, in terms of not wanting 5'10 or 5'11". Small pct for girls that short. Because they won't know whether he's 5'11" or 6 foot to be honest -- they're way down there. You'd need a measuring stick -- plus shoes alter your height -- whether it be a half inch with sandals, an inch with regular shoes, or 2 inches with boot-shoes on some guys in the winter. You can't tell the diff.

So I think what it comes down to is, from what you're pointing out, that the short girls want a guy who's step above the medium-height guys at the bar (6 foot, 6'1"), not the medium-height guys at the bar (~5'10).

What I say is that a higher-than-one-thinks % of those girls DO prefer that, yes, just like other girls. Why? Because it's not so much a guy's height compared to them -- it's about a guy's height compared to other guys!

With that said though, when it boils down to it, the vast majority of short girls are not going to feel short-changed by ending up with a 5'9" guy they genuinely like, and virtually all are not going to care in the end that he's 5'11".

There's a difference between eyeing a room and leaning one way vs another to guys they don't know otherwise... vs you ending up getting to know them a bit and them turning a liking to you. For a majority of short girls I would say, if they otherwise find you really attractive, all you have to be is taller than them to "close the deal" in terms of solidifying genuine interest. But in the intro process of approaching, yes, when you're one of the shorter guys in the room, with most decently attractive girls of any type, you're many times plan B because of it, but if you are otherwise attractive to them and masculine in other dimensions, all you have to be is taller than them, and you'll have nothing to worry about.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 114
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/22/2010 9:21:00 AM

there are women who will measure your height in your sleep sucker

There are women who believe in bigfoot -- doesn't mean every woman believes in bigfoot... and it doesn't mean every woman has an invisible measuring tape for 6 foot, either. I'll buy that the "6 foot" thing is like "6 figures" -- sure, they'd prefer that. But like money, it's about "enough" or "not enough" -- not about a specific amount, even if a specific breaking point can rub more women-than-care-to-admit the right way.

First, I have never seen girls express disappointment about a guy being 5'11" vs 6 foot, who were of a short variety and I live in a tall environment... not that there doesn't exist any girls like that, but the argument is about a majority, and that is simply not the case, and most people will attest to that. Second, if you wish to challenge it from experience, you'd best be a 5'11" guy. And in the case of money, a guy making $95,000 a year.

And my hats off to the women who don't judge on Height Alone

Your hat is going off to most women. Virtually all women are not going to go out with a guy who's 6'2" and otherwise ugly and stupid as sin.

As far as height being superficial -- it can be. It's very superficial if the guy is clearly taller than the woman, but that not being enough. Wanting a guy who's 6 foot at least would be unsuperficial for a woman who's 5'10", but superficial for a woman who's 5'1". However, when it comes to pure attraction, there is nothing "bad" against the other person, even if their taste is superficial.
 jamasian777
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/22/2010 9:57:39 PM
I dated a girl once that was my height bare foot. I love long legs and heels accentuates those legs. When we would go out she was almost always a little taller than me. I wouldnt have her NOT wear heels because of me... Horizontally it didnt make a difference. For me it it was all good, but I can see how it can easily affect both people though.
 lorawr
Msg: 116
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/22/2010 10:28:54 PM
The concept of a shorter man and taller woman is only an issue if you make it one. For example, if one partner feels uncomfortable then the other will start to also and either or both of them may think somethings wrong with their bodies. I have much experience with this topic since being a tall woman myself (5'11, yes I know I'm really tall) I have mostly dated guys that were shorter then me, and even the few guys that are a similar height to me suddenly shrink in comparison once I put on a pair of stilettos. When I was younger I found my height to be awkward during those even more awkward years of teen life, but I've realized that my height is a gift not a curse. I've been blessed with long legs that look even more amazing in a pair of heels, and if a guy isn't interested in me because I'm taller then it's his loss for being so fixated on my outside rather then my inside. So guys don't feel insecure if a woman's taller then you, after all us tall women are just women built with a larger mold.

And that's my two cents of rambling, sorry for writing so much! =)
 Taztiger72
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 3/2/2010 10:04:29 PM
^^^^ Personally I don't care about height as long as you are fine with yourself - that's what matters
 valenciacityx
Msg: 118
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 3/3/2010 10:21:05 PM
handcuffs, duct tape, corded rope,.... man handled enough ?
 tallshyman
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/2/2010 8:16:19 AM
I like tall Women
 DemonLeather
Msg: 120
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/2/2010 11:39:17 AM
Back when I was a very young man,.. I ran into this beautiful blonde down town,. I turned around, and looked up at her,. in the eyes! I'm 6ft 3in,. she had to be like six five or six,.. PERFECTLY proportioned.. I ended up getting on her bus, instead of mine,. and just watching slack-jawed as she walked off that bus & dissapeared,. don't even know why I went 7 miles out of my way on the wrong bus just to watch her,. never said a thing,. I couldnt..So Hun,. if yer out there in PoF land, someplace.Lemme say it now... I love you...
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >