Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 121
Shorter man Taller womanPage 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
My dad is 4'11 and my mom is 5'6"

They get some looks but they make a good looking couple
 Ineedyounow35
Msg: 122
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/4/2010 11:49:20 AM
After 4 glasses of single malt scotch I always feel like I am taller, that is until the cute woman standing next to me sets her glass of wine on my head thinking I am a bar table. Well at least I am use full for something and that makes me feel happy. Anyways all of my dates have been taller than me, being that I am 5 foot 3 inches tall barefoot. I am fine with my height, and being a short guy. Because I can achieve the same moves standing up with a woman as I can laying down with a woman. See you got to use these situations to you advantage you know. Cheers.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 123
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/5/2010 5:34:51 AM

I like tall Women

me too
 Ineedyounow35
Msg: 124
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/5/2010 8:09:47 AM
I like to slow dance with taller women, and when doing so I make sure to look at them straight in the... well you know...
 whytwater
Msg: 125
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/5/2010 8:33:18 AM

The concept of a shorter man and taller woman is only an issue if you make it one. For example, if one partner feels uncomfortable then the other will start to also and either or both of them may think somethings wrong with their bodies

This view from the top matches my view from sea level, or close to it. lol At 5'9", with a size 9 shoe, I am, I think, the average American male. I always wanted to think that one size fits all.
Only had one gf that was inches taller than I, and that was 10th grade, when all of us were just beginning to focus on the fact that we had bodies. And everything was an issue.
When two humans start out recognizing just that much, and like what they see, there's always a great chance they'll see eye to eye, no matter how tall or short each is.
Might be kinda cool to look up at a woman. But might be better sticking to those western line dances than trying to tango right off. lol
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 126
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/5/2010 12:38:46 PM
Ineedyouknow's attitude is fantastic!

Like my old man says, "Out of your league? Son, don't give a woman reasons not to sleep with you, let her figure those reasons out for herself."
 bilby886
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/5/2010 9:06:44 PM
When copulating standing up my mistress (domina) made me stand up on a box, there! problem solved!

Owww
"get in your box until needed you trol"..........ok mistress.....bye

remember Xena - Warrior princess? now in Spartacus -blood and sand? she was that style of woman! groowwllll mountain cougar on 'roids grrrrrrrrr jeeez I just got a mongrel on! bye
 1eastshore
Msg: 129
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/6/2010 5:18:54 PM
Height isn't a problem for me. For dating or sex. I think height in general is more important on dating sites than in a "real life". Suppose a 5' 4" woman met a 5' 11" man at a bar. Most likely she wouldn't notice that he is an inch under 6 ft tall. But on a dating site, she may reject him because of an inch.

Of course, people can have any requirements they desire. But if a man rejected me just because I was 1-2 inches above his height limit. Then I wouldn't want to date him anyways. People who are that rigid about height may be demanding and hard to please in general.
 bilby886
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/6/2010 10:49:02 PM
I also think it doesn't matter, but c'mon we should all admit when we some 6'4" (90-100Kg) guy with a 5'4" girl ( 45 kgs after a meal)
you know his "member" looks like a babies arm hanging out of a window holding an apple,
Her "mooottie" is small enough to sharpen lead pencils...

I have only one question.... How they do?
impossible .... unless we're talking about "jim Rose circus acts" or something!
 whytwater
Msg: 131
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/7/2010 6:39:18 AM
Kinda reminds me of Julia Roberts, sitting behind Richard Gere in that humongous bathtub, telling him just how uber long her legs are, and you can't help but think she could wrap them around your waist at least twice.
That's kinda what I'm thinkin' when I spot a really tall lady, in my wilderness of free association world. lol
 datd00d
Msg: 132
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/10/2010 9:30:28 AM
I am not necessarily a short guy with me being about 5'10" in height but more than half the women I've dated or been sexually involved with have been 5'11" or taller. Tallest woman I've been with was 6' 3". I am absolutely attracted to taller women and find them to be a challenge because most women that are much taller then men feel that men shorter than them can't handle them sexually and that they may have self-confidence issues while out in public.

The best advice I can give you is that if he truly have an issue with you two height differences then he will always have an issue with it. I don't think there are much tips and tricks you can employ to remedy the issue. If you build up his ego then you will always have to pacify his ego and try to make yourself look smaller and in the long run that won't work.
 BentonHarbor
Msg: 134
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/15/2010 5:07:59 AM

If the man is shorter than the woman. Into the missionary position while the man on top he would not be able to squeeze her in his chest and kiss her unless he pulls out of her P..... I think. I don't have that problem.

Is this the same as saying: "nose-to-nose and your toes are in it; toes-to-toes and your nose is in it!" ????
 bilby886
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 11/16/2010 7:58:53 AM

Give the guy a chance to show you what he's made of and what he can make you do... *wink*...

Even if he is a hobbit, he could still become the lord of your ring if you let him.

My sister a then 6' tall BBW went steady with a guy who was a dwarf.
She said he was the only guy who boasted he had a todger that ended at his knee. She did confirm this.

They would get really weird looks in public. for a few inches in height (upto 5 inches) it's not so remarkable.

but when you're looking at 2' difference then grow a thick skin for sure!
 Lionesse19
Msg: 138
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 7/10/2012 6:22:54 PM
I would be uncomfortable with a guy shorter than I am. I am only average height but the guy needs to be at least four inches taller and more. If the guy is well built and has a lot else going for him then there may be exceptions to the four inch taller rule. Somehow it doesnt look right when the guy is shorter than the woman.
 Jojomunster
Msg: 139
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/17/2012 6:58:52 PM
well yea Im 5'9 plus size and dated someone who was 5'6 thin. I didnt have any problems..as for sex with someone shorter its just up to you guys figure out what works.
 NCnavetG8r
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/17/2012 7:18:42 PM
I had a boss when I was younger always told me to date a woman taller than I was. He said, that way when you're in bed together and you're nose to nose, your toes are in it, and when you're toe to toe, your nose is in it. Can't lose!
 sbran103
Msg: 141
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:02:11 AM
I'm 5'6 and I don't think any girls taller then me have ever been interested, sucks.
 jojoaus
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/18/2012 5:21:04 PM
At 5 ft 10 I have only ever had 1 b/f taller than me (6 ft) and that was 28 years ago!!!!! My ex husband was 5'8", my most recent ex exactly my height and my current SO of 2.5 years is a shade under 5'8". He is confident, funny, and strong enough to pin me down if (when!!!) he feels like it. I don't wear heels, never have, but he keeps buying them for me in the hope I will relent and wear them!!

Thank god for short, sexy, muscular men who go for what they want :D
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 143
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/19/2012 3:12:29 PM
I think for attractive gals who are taller than most other women, they aren't as strong on a guy being notably taller than them, than say, an attractive girl being 5'5", who would be pretty fervent about it.

When you look at another site which displays height preferences of attractive women, you see that trend -- many notably tall women (5'10+) just want a guy 1 inch taller as their low-end.... you look at short-average height women who are attractive, and they want a guy considerably taller than them on their low end.

Gal who's 5'10" -> 5'11" minimum (1 inch diff)
Gal who's 5'3" -> 5'8" minimum (5 inch diff)

Not a surprise, and I'm sure it varies from place to place, and attractiveness of the gal to attractiveness to gal... but point being, it's not that women want a guy to tower over them per se -- if they're short, many people do. They just don't want the notably shorter guys in the room.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 144
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/21/2012 10:51:04 AM

When you look at another site which displays height preferences of attractive women, you see that trend -- many notably tall women (5'10+) just want a guy 1 inch taller as their low-end.... you look at short-average height women who are attractive, and they want a guy considerably taller than them on their low end.

Gal who's 5'10" -> 5'11" minimum (1 inch diff)
Gal who's 5'3" -> 5'8" minimum (5 inch diff)

I'd go even taller for the shorter ladies - I got several 5'3"s and 5'2"s around me that set minimums to 5'10".
Being 5'8" is really no-man's land for height requirements - 5'4"s are about the only height that seems to 'like' 5'8"

I think your 'height' when you are horizontal is more important than vertical, and for the most part both sexes are usually 'matched' for height in that dimension.

----------

The whole 'I want the guy to be taller than me when I wear heels.' is pure vanity. You're not gonna wear those things on a beach or grassy field, a waterbed, air mattress, hammock, shower, hot tub, or pool - and for the most part not in the privacy of your own home, and probably not it the bedroom at all, so the only place that specific height EVER matters is your public persona at parties and clubs. When I see women that post that kind of crap I assume they are fairly narcissistic and lack some sort of self-confidence - prove me wrong, please.
 word_smyth
Msg: 145
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/21/2012 11:10:34 AM
Im 5 feet 6 and I lived with a 5 foot 10 norweigen woman for 5 years and have dated several women taller than I am... It's no big deal, from 4 feet 11 to 5 fee 10, if youre hung up on appearance as a determining factor life is going to be rough for you. Find someone who shares your goals and someone you can talk to every day about inconsequential things.
 masterotaku
Msg: 146
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/21/2012 2:59:30 PM
I'm all of 5'7" and 140lbs soaking wet. I've never had a problem with this issue, but unfortunately some women I've tried to date have.

Some women won't even consider dating me period due to this. But it's not a judgement on my worth so it's no biggie. All of the aspects of physical attraction defy logic. Sexual attraction isn't a logical process, but rather one that exists on a continuum. I'm unabashedly not attracted to big girls whatsoever. But the average to slimmer women I do find myself attracted to run a gamut of body types/face types etc... (i.e. they are not all stick figure supermodels....though my last girlfriend is a model ironically enough).

It just is what it is.

You've already found yourself in a good place. You like each other. You're attracted to each other. A lot of the awkwardness likely has as much to do with what others might think as it does with your idea of perceived gender reversal.

The "giving a **** what other people think" part I can't help you with really. You have to come to the realization of what a colossal waste of time that is on your own. Insofar as the gender reversal aspect with the two of you, well I can confidently say that masculinity has very little to do with ones ability to bench press engine blocks. It all starts, for me, with liking yourself and having the confidence to be yourself. The rest should fall into place on its own.
 CHITOWNINATL72
Msg: 147
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/21/2012 4:05:53 PM
I have experienced being with an shorter man and i didnt like it at all....he had a little man syndrome...just real****....i believe he felt inferior as well because he i liked wearing high heels and he did not want me to wear high heels anymore, this indeed caused a problem and i could not compromise myself because of his issues so we parted ways.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 148
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/21/2012 4:07:03 PM
I am 5'3" but like high heels...My last beau was just 5'6' so there were times I was as tall or taller but it did not bother him...he loved it.

I have dated men of various heights/weights...frankly, none of that mattered as long as they were 6 foot tall and wonderful on the inside.
 PosiREP
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/22/2012 7:51:20 PM
I like short girls...but they don't like me...still have never really dated a girl taller than me. Maybe that's why im single still.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >