Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NCnavetG8r
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller womanPage 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I had a boss when I was younger always told me to date a woman taller than I was. He said, that way when you're in bed together and you're nose to nose, your toes are in it, and when you're toe to toe, your nose is in it. Can't lose!
 sbran103
Msg: 141
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:02:11 AM
I'm 5'6 and I don't think any girls taller then me have ever been interested, sucks.
 jojoaus
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/18/2012 5:21:04 PM
At 5 ft 10 I have only ever had 1 b/f taller than me (6 ft) and that was 28 years ago!!!!! My ex husband was 5'8", my most recent ex exactly my height and my current SO of 2.5 years is a shade under 5'8". He is confident, funny, and strong enough to pin me down if (when!!!) he feels like it. I don't wear heels, never have, but he keeps buying them for me in the hope I will relent and wear them!!

Thank god for short, sexy, muscular men who go for what they want :D
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 143
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/19/2012 3:12:29 PM
I think for attractive gals who are taller than most other women, they aren't as strong on a guy being notably taller than them, than say, an attractive girl being 5'5", who would be pretty fervent about it.

When you look at another site which displays height preferences of attractive women, you see that trend -- many notably tall women (5'10+) just want a guy 1 inch taller as their low-end.... you look at short-average height women who are attractive, and they want a guy considerably taller than them on their low end.

Gal who's 5'10" -> 5'11" minimum (1 inch diff)
Gal who's 5'3" -> 5'8" minimum (5 inch diff)

Not a surprise, and I'm sure it varies from place to place, and attractiveness of the gal to attractiveness to gal... but point being, it's not that women want a guy to tower over them per se -- if they're short, many people do. They just don't want the notably shorter guys in the room.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 144
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/21/2012 10:51:04 AM

When you look at another site which displays height preferences of attractive women, you see that trend -- many notably tall women (5'10+) just want a guy 1 inch taller as their low-end.... you look at short-average height women who are attractive, and they want a guy considerably taller than them on their low end.

Gal who's 5'10" -> 5'11" minimum (1 inch diff)
Gal who's 5'3" -> 5'8" minimum (5 inch diff)

I'd go even taller for the shorter ladies - I got several 5'3"s and 5'2"s around me that set minimums to 5'10".
Being 5'8" is really no-man's land for height requirements - 5'4"s are about the only height that seems to 'like' 5'8"

I think your 'height' when you are horizontal is more important than vertical, and for the most part both sexes are usually 'matched' for height in that dimension.

----------

The whole 'I want the guy to be taller than me when I wear heels.' is pure vanity. You're not gonna wear those things on a beach or grassy field, a waterbed, air mattress, hammock, shower, hot tub, or pool - and for the most part not in the privacy of your own home, and probably not it the bedroom at all, so the only place that specific height EVER matters is your public persona at parties and clubs. When I see women that post that kind of crap I assume they are fairly narcissistic and lack some sort of self-confidence - prove me wrong, please.
 word_smyth
Msg: 145
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/21/2012 11:10:34 AM
Im 5 feet 6 and I lived with a 5 foot 10 norweigen woman for 5 years and have dated several women taller than I am... It's no big deal, from 4 feet 11 to 5 fee 10, if youre hung up on appearance as a determining factor life is going to be rough for you. Find someone who shares your goals and someone you can talk to every day about inconsequential things.
 masterotaku
Msg: 146
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/21/2012 2:59:30 PM
I'm all of 5'7" and 140lbs soaking wet. I've never had a problem with this issue, but unfortunately some women I've tried to date have.

Some women won't even consider dating me period due to this. But it's not a judgement on my worth so it's no biggie. All of the aspects of physical attraction defy logic. Sexual attraction isn't a logical process, but rather one that exists on a continuum. I'm unabashedly not attracted to big girls whatsoever. But the average to slimmer women I do find myself attracted to run a gamut of body types/face types etc... (i.e. they are not all stick figure supermodels....though my last girlfriend is a model ironically enough).

It just is what it is.

You've already found yourself in a good place. You like each other. You're attracted to each other. A lot of the awkwardness likely has as much to do with what others might think as it does with your idea of perceived gender reversal.

The "giving a **** what other people think" part I can't help you with really. You have to come to the realization of what a colossal waste of time that is on your own. Insofar as the gender reversal aspect with the two of you, well I can confidently say that masculinity has very little to do with ones ability to bench press engine blocks. It all starts, for me, with liking yourself and having the confidence to be yourself. The rest should fall into place on its own.
 CHITOWNINATL72
Msg: 147
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/21/2012 4:05:53 PM
I have experienced being with an shorter man and i didnt like it at all....he had a little man syndrome...just real****....i believe he felt inferior as well because he i liked wearing high heels and he did not want me to wear high heels anymore, this indeed caused a problem and i could not compromise myself because of his issues so we parted ways.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 148
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/21/2012 4:07:03 PM
I am 5'3" but like high heels...My last beau was just 5'6' so there were times I was as tall or taller but it did not bother him...he loved it.

I have dated men of various heights/weights...frankly, none of that mattered as long as they were 6 foot tall and wonderful on the inside.
 PosiREP
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/22/2012 7:51:20 PM
I like short girls...but they don't like me...still have never really dated a girl taller than me. Maybe that's why im single still.
 DragonBits
Msg: 150
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/23/2012 7:22:08 AM
My ideal is 1-6 inches shorter than me, since I am 5.5 one hopes people can do the math. I have on my bucket list a desire to try a standing 69, so I really need a short thin woman.

When I was young I was severely limited in that regard, I was together with my first GF for 10 years, she was 5.7 and really too big for any weird standing positions. I cried myself to sleep often over this unfortunate dilemma.
 Angelsbigheart
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/23/2012 2:04:40 PM
I'm 6' tall and NOT a small gal!! :P

I get approached by guys shorter than me all the time... and I HAVE tried to date shorter/smaller guys... but in the end it was just awkward for me!! I guess it's because I feel more feminine when I'm with a guy that's taller/bigger than I am verse feeling even BIGGER cause he's shorter/smaller!! *shrug*

I can date someone a couple inches shorter than me, no problem, as long as he's not really THIN on top of being shorter!! :P
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 152
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/24/2012 12:56:31 PM

I guess it's because I feel more feminine when I'm with a guy that's taller/bigger than I am verse feeling even BIGGER cause he's shorter/smaller!!

THAT is pretty much THE height thing, in a nutshell... Women don't feel as feminine, or 'delicate' (for lack of a better word) when they tower over the guy. If you notice shorter guys that have taller girlfriends, they are usually BUILT, or at least stocky enough of a size that the lady still looks somewhat 'smaller'. The stereotypical short, fat and jolly guy also can have his share of girlfriends for pretty much the same reason.

I'm 5'8" and work out constantly, so slow-but-sure I am shedding body fat and getting lean, but I don't power lift my arms and shoulders as much because of soreness from playing sports. I could have ripped abs, but ladies don't see that in the wintertime - they just see my thinner arms. Guys with the big shoulders DO get noticed a helluva lot more attention than skinny guys, even if they have a a little extra baggage above the belt. I know guys at the gym who don't ever do cardio exercise - they just power lift shoulders, arms, and bench presses.

Confidence still reigns supreme when it comes to meeting women, but having big shoulders and arms definitely helps.
 sportsfan856
Msg: 153
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/24/2012 1:44:42 PM
is it because they assume us small guys have a small penis?
 natgoat227
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/24/2012 1:47:00 PM
I find Taller women _Very_ sexxy!!
~ with standard / slim body shape.
BBW's just neerappealed to me...But TALL always catch my eye..!!
##***!!
 king20c
Msg: 155
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/24/2012 5:02:43 PM
ive dated a girl who was taller than me, and i wont lie at first it was a little awkward. but after we got over that it was like dating any other girl, i was able to "man handle" her just fine.

i seem to prefer taller girls... not necessarily taller than me but tall for someone my height im 5' 9'' and i think 5' 6'' and up is perfect
 MsMicki
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/24/2012 8:15:20 PM
None of this makes any sense to me........
I have never turned down a man because of his height.
 Vallykat
Msg: 157
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/24/2012 8:30:01 PM
I am 6'2, and find that a lot of guys (and people in general) get scared off by my height >_< Sad, but true. Still, the ones who decide to stick around are usually the ones worth knowing. Things only get awkward if people make it awkward.
 peach020974
Msg: 158
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 9/24/2012 8:37:02 PM
We are all the same height laying down.
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 159
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 10/9/2012 7:38:32 PM
I like Jenna Elfman.
 Inicia
Msg: 160
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 10/9/2012 7:45:40 PM
I am a bit over 5 10, when younger I hit 5 11 and dated several men at the five four mark. Once my partner and I were in a club dancing together and I was wearing heelss and when we came back his friends had as a jokingly put some phonebooks on his chair. He had a really good sense of humor so I took the phonebooks set them on the floor stood on them and fervently kissed him. We all had a good laugh..
 comet135
Msg: 162
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 10/24/2012 8:58:17 AM
i grew up in sweden

age of consent is younger there-most of my bed partners were younger

i actally prefer a shorter guy-much easier for kissing during intercourse
 Iron-nerd
Msg: 163
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/27/2013 9:00:46 PM
Boundaries don't make sense when neither person is insecure and don't care what other people think.

My xgf is 6'3. We still talk and hang out and never had an issue with height. I thought it was amusing to watch people look at us when we went out places. I liked her height and wouldn't hesitate to date a taller woman again. I think if a tall woman is afraid to date a shorter man, she is insecure. If a short woman is afraid to date a short man, she is insecure. If a man is afraid to date a taller woman, he's insecure.

I prefer stronger minded women (tall or short) that aren't afraid to date shorter men.
 grove_22
Msg: 164
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/27/2013 9:23:48 PM
Most women that I dated and/or had sex with were much shorter than me. That's because of the laws of probability. Most women in general are much shorter than me. However I did date a few women that were only about 1-2 inches shorter than me. The only major difference I noticed that I didn't have to slouch as much when dancing or kissing them. Height didn't make any difference during sex.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >