Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 afarmenian
Msg: 166
Shorter man Taller womanPage 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I seem to be the undersized fish who needs to be thrown back into the pond..

This is like the saddest thing i have ever read anywhere.
 DESlRE
Msg: 167
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/28/2013 1:00:08 PM

I think if a tall woman is afraid to date a shorter man, she is insecure.

That's actually the farthest thing from the truth. I'm personally not attracted to shorter guys - it has nothing to do with a societal thing, or insecurity, it's just a physical attraction aspect.
 HomeAlone_-
Msg: 169
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 3/28/2013 5:29:34 AM
It does not bother me, Be nice to just find someone, height race not important to me
 Stubidooo
Msg: 171
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 3/29/2013 5:22:22 AM
I have tried dating women who are as tall or taller than me. I kept telling myself it didn't matter but I was just kidding myself. It was always a deal breaker and I just didn't feel right with her.

There is just something about a women looking up at you ... sweeping her literally off the ground to kiss her. Having her head lying on your chest while you are slow dancing.... etc ... like the OP said in the original post, it is tied directly to what I find sexy about a woman and I doubt it will ever change.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 172
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 3/29/2013 7:57:13 AM

There is just something about a women looking up at you ... sweeping her literally off the ground to kiss her.

Most people will agree with that sentiment - men and women. What I don't get is the math some people use to determine their height preferences. Six to eight inches taller at MINIMUM? That's over-compensating for that 'feeling' a bit. Heels or no heels.

People are ALWAYS exaggerating what they want - so looking for someone 'lean' tends to mean obviously ripped abs instead of just having a bicycle-sized spare tire; stuff like that.

Looking for visible 'perfection' before attempting an online conversation is a key reason why online dating won't work. Most people get overlooked, and the 'Hot' ones get too much attention and get annoyed.

Relationships work by 'dealing' with whatever life dishes out, so if you are not willing to step up and WORK on a relationship with anyone below your ideal magical match; you are clearly making a statement that you do NOT feel adequate for the trials and tribulations of a REAL relationship.
 oceanman1310
Msg: 173
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 3/29/2013 8:10:34 AM
At 6'2" and 210,it's never happened(but it would be nice to try!)
 Inicia
Msg: 174
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/5/2013 10:16:17 PM
taller shorter- eh well there is" just something about looking into your lovers eyes" and seeing "love" and connection reflected back at you....when it isn't there I don't care if I am looking up or down or straight across- I will stop looking in their eyes for anything...
 sigungq
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/5/2013 10:54:01 PM
OP, heightism, like racism, and agism are sooooooooo last eon. If you guys like each other, go for it. Forget about all this shallow, archaic programming from the caveman days.
 35brock
Msg: 176
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/6/2013 8:16:48 AM
Because of my height, I never dated a woman that was taller than me. However I did date a few that were close to my height. Didn't make any difference to me except ( as mentioned by another poster ) I didn't have to slouch as much when dancing or kissing them.
 thomasayer1
Msg: 177
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/7/2013 8:10:46 AM
I am only 5'4 or so and about 2/3 of the women I've been with are taller than me. I find that taller women are generally more likely to see or date a shorter guy than a shorter woman dating a shorter guy ... Not sure why that is but I love it! my guess is that smaller women need to feel more male dominance, ie taller or physically bigger guy. Women in general do not prefer shorter men so i have to use my award winning personality a little more than your average joe. If your dude is shorter, he should be ok with you for who you are first of all... But if he's not ok with you being taller, i don't really see it as your problem, it's a confidence issue with him. If you really like him, you can try to accommodate but again it's just something else you have to constantly work with in your relationship. I would ask him if he would be comfortable with you being the dominant role in bed one night and just see if he changes his opinion. I have zero issues sharing the male dominance factor with my partner if she wants to take charge. It's outside the box and can be fun for both of you!! Cheers
 DragonBits
Msg: 178
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/7/2013 8:36:09 AM

I am only 5'4 or so and about 2/3 of the women I've been with are taller than me. I find that taller women are generally more likely to see or date a shorter guy than a shorter woman dating a shorter guy ... Not sure why that is but I love it!

I have noticed that also, taller women seem more secure and more likely to date a shorter man. I would have liked to date a women at 6.0 just to see how that felt, but the tallest woman I had a LTR was 3" taller, it would have been interesting to date someone 8" taller.

BTW, your profile says you are 5.6, but your post says you are 5.4. Either always post that you are 5.6 or change your profile height to 5.4.

You are creating cognitive dissonance.
 baldguy500
Msg: 179
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/7/2013 10:08:46 AM
all women are the same size on their backs says my grandpa who claims to still have 278 girlfriends........
 sigungq
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/7/2013 11:24:40 AM
The last time I thought anything about height, was either in the 4th grade, or when I fell off my dinosaur, can't remember which. Yes, there are some people on here who are stuck in that level of maturity, but there are also those who understand that it is intelligence, not height that propelled mankind to the top of the food chain. As for a woman "feeling protected", consider that Bruce Lee, was only 5'7" tall. But I doubt that one could feel more protected than having him as a SO.
 Inicia
Msg: 181
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/7/2013 10:08:02 PM
tall women are comfortable with shorter men because that opens up choice and possibility. either date someone shorter or limit your dating pool. and limit the opportunity to enrich your life with good quality people regardless of their height.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 182
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/8/2013 3:37:28 PM

As for a woman "feeling protected", consider that Bruce Lee, was only 5'7" tall. But I doubt that one could feel more protected than having him as a SO.

The average height of a Chinese Male is about 5'5", so Bruce Lee was still ABOVE-average, if only for his ethnic group.

There are indeed plenty of famous people that are on the shorter side, but when they have fame, good looks, money and power, they are able to compensate for it in some respects. If they have bodyguards 24/7, it's tough to say you feel less than 'protected' around them. Verne ('Mini-Me') Troyer would probably be a good (if not exaggerated) example of that.

I stand by an earlier point that I've made in other height debates - women who may be taller WILL date a shorter guy, but usually the man is BIGGER than them in some respect - either the guy is built like a bar bouncer and have considerable upper body size, or they are built like a tree stump and are the big cuddly 'teddy bear' that everybody loves. It's just too difficult for a women to feel 'feminine' when they exceed the guy in overall size.

What motivates ladies to date a guy like Verne Troyer could be any number of reasons - but I highly doubt it has ANYthing to be with feeling 'feminine'.
 sigungq
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/8/2013 5:13:35 PM
^^^^^ No problem - Robert Conrad. 4th degree black belt in Shotokan, very lean, 5'6" tall, and caucasian, also a very successful actor. Wonder how many women would not feel protected or feminine around him?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 184
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/8/2013 8:53:05 PM
I hate to repeat myself...

There are indeed plenty of famous people that are on the shorter side, but when they have fame, good looks, money and power, they are able to compensate for it in some respects.

Even without his TV fame, Robert Conrad would have no problem in online dating 'cuz the guy looked like an underwear model. Great looks and physique will trump height often - but I'd say if Conrad was 5'2", even HE would have trouble pickup up some ladies.

What if Prince was a music teacher?
What if Danny DeVito was an auto mechanic?
What if Michael J. Fox was a hockey player?
What if Dustin Hoffman delivered your mail?
 sigungq
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/10/2013 8:23:16 PM
^^^^^ My point EXACTLY. This all goes to show just how shallow people can be. Yet in the same breath, they'll pontificate how important intelligence is. What's laughable, is that the above mentioned all have a certain amount of intelligence or talent that allowed them to excel to the top of the food chain, and it had nothing to do with height. My point all along has always been this: That intelligence, not strength, or height, is what has propelled mankind in general to the top of the food chain. The ability of Bruce Lee, or Robert Conrad to "protect" a woman has everything to do with intelligence - what they know - not how tall or strong they are. Yet people (both men and women) cling to this archaic prejudice. Ask yourself this: If the movie "Shrek" had been about a prince who was black of color, rather than short of stature, how would society have responded then?

Things that make you go hmmmm............
 Rythmn
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 4/12/2013 12:23:10 AM
in my youth at 5'10", i dated a guy 5'6". back then this was not the norm. so, when we doubled we'd pretend we were with the other person's partner as he was 6'4" and my girlfriend 5'0". they did look a little odd as well, but nobody questioned them, as they did us.

then along came dustin hoffman who was dating a model and after that, i'd be damned if i waited around for a taller man. then of course tom cruise, not my favorite person, but a good example.

before i moved here and got married, dated a guy 5'8". thing was he carried himself very well and confidently and was a great dancer and could easily lead me. my ex was 6'8". to be frank he looked just as different as the shorter one!

of my past 3 adult relationships only one was my height. first boyfriend after my divorce and current are around 6'2". one is more muscular, one more slim like a runner. yes, it feels a bit better in general to have someone taller than me. but, i don't put height any higher on my list than the many other things that i look for in a man: eyes, smile, brain, touchy feely type, good kisser, has my back, good to kids and pets, funny.

then again, when lying down, who knows the difference? as to strength, height is not necessarily a measure of that or of any other measures, if you catch my subtle drift:)

recently a show on tv, had a mom born with no legs. her husband was huge. he was drawn to her personality and diligence. their kid too was tall.

ps not every woman wants money as indicated in other posts, unless maybe she had none of her own:) what i did want though, was intelligence and a good "energy".
 Haulroad
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/25/2016 12:07:01 AM
There is also a school of thinking (and acting) that finds amazons incredibly hot. The taller and bulkier the better. To put it in the crassest possible way, a bigger house is better than a smaller one, a bigger car is better than a smaller one, and so on. More is better. It's the American Way. A tall fleshy woman is way more womanly and sexually satisfying than a short skinny one.
 mitchozie
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/25/2016 12:52:25 AM
I'm short (5'2"), old (76), and bald. None of those physical aspects have hindered my dating life. Since age 16, I have been approached by girls who were taller (and, now much younger) than I. Height is only a problem, when you make it a problem. My girlfriend of 20 years ago, was 5'8", and towered over me, but it was a great relationship while it lasted ( even considered marrying her). So, to sum up, you have one life, and you should enjoy it with whomever you find attractive, and don't worry about what other people think.
 oneday57
Msg: 189
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/27/2016 5:21:49 AM
Another one who likes to talk....lol.....come on if YOUR lucky enough to have the right chemistry with this individual and hes good with the physical along with the GOOD chemistry its a wrap......been with woman of all sizes and that's not what makes me want to be with someone..its the CHEMISTRY!......
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/27/2016 4:08:29 PM
I am afraid that a guy being shorter and lighter than me is a turn off, that is the way it is and we cant help our preferences. I know that very tall women have to compromise sometimes and wear flat heels etc as some men can feel emasculated and some women feel less than feminine with a shorter guy. Of course there is the big fat woman and the puny little guy that she rules and dominates. So it takes all kinds.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/27/2016 4:11:36 PM
Then there is Tom Cruise at 5'7" that women like and he is not even straight, go figure. I agree that a well built man who is shorter can be attractive. They often have to work harder to be successful and it is all character building lol!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/28/2016 12:51:12 PM

He's a little shorter though (not by much maybe like 1.5 inches) and weighs a little less than I do.

But you both have mutual attraction, but you recognize the social aspect that turns you off, hence your conundrum. Don't let the social aspect affect you so much... it will eat away at the relationship most likely. If he's 1.5 inches shorter and weighs a little less, yes -- there is a solution. Have him wear certain shoes that raise your height and aren't noticeable in doing so. Won't be like heels, but it will raise the height by 2 inches or so, instead of 0.5" in regular shoes... all while you not wearing heels, you could set it up where he could even be slightly taller than you. Add to that him maybe bulking up a bit. Let him know that turns you on. He could eat more calories and work out.

So by the time you guys would be BF/GF a few months later and past the honeymoon phase -- he'd weight a little more than you, and at least be your height walking down the street. Problem solved. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >