Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 800
would you date a stripper?Page 12 of 46    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
I have a friend that is a male stripper. He told me he was a bouncer at a bar, but I found out otherwise. No, we only frequent the same restaurant, and that is all, and he is intelligent, articulate, and very classy from what I can tell. He was embarrassed to tell me that he was a stripper, which I take as a compliment. I am sure he makes pretty good money, though.

In stripper situations, the rules are much more relaxed for male strippers, and the women actually conduct themselves with a lot less class than the men could get away with on top of that.

As a female, would I date a male stripper.? Probably no. Not to be territorial, but if he were my boyfriend, I would want to be the only one touching his thingie and caressing his a$$, even if it came with thousands of dollars. Some things are more important than money!
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 805
would you date a stripper?
Posted: 5/20/2009 10:27:41 AM
I disagree that they are victims. They made a choice to enter that lifestyle. They either embraced it and got sucked into everything about it or they got the heck out. Perhaps the men who try to lure them are really the victims, because often those are the ones that get taken.

It is a horribly corruptive lifestyle, but a lifestyle one chooses in which to partake.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 810
Posted: 5/31/2009 7:10:43 AM
I guess I would date a stripper if she paid all of the bills...
Not really. That is sarcasm..
How many of these women have their boyfriends drop them off and pick them up from work and hand over all of their money.
One night, we had a domestic call because when she handed over the money, he did not feel that she had made enough. Of course she didn't want a report or to do anything about it after having a man beat her.
I am a little too old right now, I think, but if I were going to bare my butt for bucks, you can be assured that I am not going to hand off my butt bucks to a man or anyone else.
 dallasdoer
Msg: 813
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2009 8:30:08 PM
Depends on what you call a date. Most men with any self respect would not. Then again there are guys who "date" a lot of them and we usually call them pimps and try to arrest them whenever possible as being anti-societal.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 815
Posted: 6/1/2009 1:27:21 AM
I used to have a neighbor that was addicted to dating strippers. One gal fleeced him like crazy; I think he rehabbed her entire house. Another one, well she came home with some diseases as a result of sitting on chairs. Yep. That's her story and she's sticking to it.
 GoofBall311
Msg: 816
Posted: 6/1/2009 5:04:29 PM
I almost dated one, but she was SHAAAAAAAADY. I did date a nice strip club waitress tho
 *Pierced*
Msg: 817
Posted: 7/13/2009 7:48:28 PM
It's funny, I found this thread googling the topic myself and I didn't even realize PoF had a forum, let alone I was reading a thread in a site I have used :)

Anywho, I am in a boat for this question and have been reading alot of the insight here. Went out last night to take my bro to his first gentlemen's club as he was in town visiting and left today, one girl came and sat next to him asking him if he wanted a dance, I just kinda stared in awe, she lost interest talking to him and pulled a chair up to me asking what kinda music I was into, everyday chit chat. I recognized an old poem quote on a tattoo of hers which intrigued her that I paid attention to the details of her, and that I knew her interest there.
She didn't once ask me if she could dance for me and when she had to go do her duty on stage or a guys lap, she always excused herself and came back and sat back down. I didn't give her any money other than a couple of singles for stage dances. She had asked where I hang out, as I told her I was still a bit new to town. She mentioned showing me around some time. At the end of the night she came over clothed to say goodbye and I asked if she wanted to some time, she asked me out this week, I was understanding of the danger and offered her my number and she said she shouldn't, but gave me hers instead.

So..seems like it could be a good one. We shall see soon I suppose. Wish me luck!

kpooks
Msg: 822
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 7:10:40 AM
Date, yes. In or out of her strip club, I'd still be paying for lap-dances, so might as well date her and maybe get a little farther than a dance lol.

Serious relationship, no.
 airconditioninthesummer
Msg: 823
Posted: 7/17/2009 11:40:09 AM

would anyone out there date a stripper? would you have a serious relationship without asking them to change professions?

not no, but HELL NO. most of my ex's where dancers, and no, i did not pick them up at their dance club. i guess dancers are attracted to tattooed individuals who innocently mind their own business at their preferred local bar, and they think all of them are crass or something. i'm not. i'm educated and damnit, i'm very sensitive.

sorry for sounding like a b*tch, but that question was too close to home... too near the bone.
 GQSunset
Msg: 825
Posted: 7/17/2009 12:53:05 PM
Can she cook as well as she dances?
 Prylo
Msg: 827
Posted: 7/17/2009 1:50:48 PM
No.

They are smarter than any other person. They know how to get money, they lack self respect, they understand how to manipulate people, and they can be completely deceptive. Also, they will not quit their job because they "love" you.

Don't date strippers unless you feel like crying yourself to sleep.
 lesfemmesfatales
Msg: 830
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 5:11:55 PM
I'm a stripper and I am married. My marriage is WONDERFUL. He loves me and I love him very much. Sex is amazing too. I am not doing this to support anyone. I just love sitting on a huge pile of cash. I make more money in a night than any of you can make in a month. I'm kind of glad that most guys won't date a stripper, cuz I am getting so many guys falling in love with me already.
 Vincent_1984
Msg: 839
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 7:44:54 AM
Would a date a women because she's a stripper? No. Would I date a great woman in spite of her being a stripper? Yes. If that's what she wants to do for a living and enjoys it than, as long as she doesn't do any "extra" services, I could cope with it.
 oleandrummer
Msg: 840
Posted: 8/25/2009 2:37:02 PM
strippers dont have respect for themselves, they use their body for money and thats that. I dont respect guys that go to strip bars nor do i respect women who work in them, it turns a woman into an object of pleasure instead of a person.
 Minau
Msg: 841
Posted: 8/25/2009 10:15:50 PM

strippers dont have respect for themselves, they use their body for money and thats that. I dont respect guys that go to strip bars nor do i respect women who work in them, it turns a woman into an object of pleasure instead of a person.

That's how I feel except I actually feel bad for the girls...but I have no respect for men that frequent those places.
 Nerdhead26
Msg: 844
Posted: 10/21/2009 12:10:53 AM
Not a chance in hell....

whatever3321
Msg: 847
Posted: 10/22/2009 9:10:11 AM
Have in the past why not now.
The major problem alot of guys have with dating a stripper is the jealousy issues. I have a real hard time getting jealous so it was never a issue for me but I have heard some stories from some strippers.
 NYCman530
Msg: 848
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 11:28:30 PM
Actually, that all depends. Years ago when I was in my 20's, I worked security in a couple of those clubs for about a year and at the time, I never dated any of them since I had a girlfriend at the time. Some were putting themselves through college, others did it because they couldn't find anything else, or anything that paid decently. Some were doing drugs, some weren't. And a lot of those girls liked to baffle guys with BS if they couldn't dazzle them with brilliance in order to make extra bucks from them. Can't say I entirely blame them since the guys were there to leer. But most of the girls there wouldn't date customers, only guys they met on the outside. But getting back to the question it all depends on her as a person. She can BS her customers, but when it comes to a relationship, that's a red signal, she'd have to be honest and monogamous with a stable personality and also not see me as a walking ATM machine and if she's a druggie, fuggedaboudit!!!
 Cynderella
Msg: 852
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 1:32:50 AM
Not on my to do list

I kinda like thinking not everyone gets to see the goodies but me...call me selfish.
 Mrpbody44
Msg: 856
Posted: 12/13/2009 8:24:30 AM
Its always the same story. We fell in love, the whole shebang, and I hate to say this, but stereotypes don't just come from nowhere you know. I wouldn't say that all strippers fall victim to a lot of the problems that are common in such a job (ie: drinking alot, drug use, psychological issues, manipulation of people for your own benefit, lying, etc), but I would say more than 3/4 of them do after meeting tons of them and getting to know some of them personally.

Excellent reply

I have dated a couple and was a male stripper myself in the 80's. I would give them a chance but knowing what I know now I would do so with caution.
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 858
Posted: 12/16/2009 9:11:14 AM
no way... Also I dunno why women that are turned on by male dancers turn me off.....
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 859
Posted: 12/16/2009 10:00:08 AM
Sure! As long as he were retired and then only STRIPPING for moi!
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 861
Posted: 12/16/2009 11:52:36 AM

and I hate to say this, but stereotypes don't just come from nowhere you know.
hun, you hit the nail on the head. there may be exceptions, but that's more than likely a rarity. it basically boils down to people willing to rationalize almost anything away if they have the hots for someone.
 big pacific
Msg: 863
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2009 12:00:08 PM
Depends on what you want, been there, done that.

You want some excitement and a fun time? Sure.

Want a stable relationship that will blossom into long term? Not very likely.
 pezomackogmd
Msg: 864
Posted: 12/17/2009 8:43:18 AM
yes they are more loyal to the man they love cause they see men in raw form yes yes yes
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >