Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Charm1ngMuse
Msg: 473
would you date a stripper?Page 7 of 46    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
The issue with stripping is it is one of several jobs that provides sexual pleasure and release for men. Any exotic dance club does this. That's the entire purpose. I'll bet most men who are willing to date a stripper just want to be able to brag to their friends about their latest catch. I'll make another bet that most men couldn't watch their GF dancing for a group of men without feeling jealous, and watch out if she heads into the private room with them!

Sure, some of the girls are working their way through college or raising their kids. But, historically, most have emotional, physical, mental issues which drive them into an industry that pays well for watching them gyrate for the general public. It's similar to bartenders and servers in nightclubs who are usually high consumers of alcohol or actually alcoholics. I see it in the restaurant industry every week.

It's a hard life no matter how you look at it.
 STINGRAY4LADIES
Msg: 482
would you date a stripper?
Posted: 3/9/2007 3:12:05 AM
i have dated female strippers, and women who are not strippers have dated me.

truth and REAL communication is key.

also a womans ability to be honest with her own insecurites and green eyed devils.

along side with a mans ability to understand work is work, and nothing else.

just my 2 cents
 tooyoung
Msg: 485
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2007 6:10:48 PM
I am still hearing the same old thing,
stripping is ok if they are trying to support
their studies,family,etc
but in the end they (sorry gals/guys to say this)
are really taking advantage of a situation.
If they(strippers) are willing to work for money,
why not some job with dignity?helping others?
This is NOT like fast food!
One's sexuality should be sacred.
When I hear how you can walk into a strip
club, get your hands sprayed with antiseptic
then grope to your hearts content, what is that?
Sex(and this IS sex) should be an expression/act of love
not some selfish indulgence of immediate gratification.
In the end it all promotes lust, so no matter what we think
God will be the final judge.Govern yourselves accordingly!
 cupidstrikes
Msg: 487
Posted: 5/13/2007 10:07:38 PM
I did once (long story) but when we actually met in person (we spoke before that) I thought we were meeting as friends. By the end of the night I had found out that she had feelings for me outside that of friendship.

I honestly never thought I would date one though. I'm somewhat old fashioned, and in my opinion that's something that should be shared between 2 people.

If you're a single woman then hey, all the power to you. Life's all about the ol' "hustle" and if that's what brings in the "bread & butter" then go for it.
BUT when you're in a relationship it's harder/much more different.
I mean if you live the "swinger" lifestyle that's a little bit different; it's mutual between the girl and guy, but for the averave couple. It's hard to make it work.
Knowing that while she's there she's doing what she's doing, and in front so many different strangers makes it quite difficult.

It lasted for a few years but it was very hard...(no pun intended! )
 sometimes_miss
Msg: 489
Posted: 5/14/2007 2:34:07 AM
Re: message 296: Why not some job with dignity? You mean like flipping burgers or secretarial work for minimum wage? Gee, maybe because unskilled women can't make $400 a night doing dignified jobs. Lots of these girls are single moms, also, many are immigrants with few marketable skills, and often are sending money to their families back home as well as supporting a child here. At least they are working for a living, not collecting welfare. No one wants to grow up to be a stripper; but just like guys who don't grow up wanting to work in the sewer, the money's good, so they do it, no matter how distasteful it may be.
 whothehellknows
Msg: 491
Posted: 5/14/2007 4:59:04 AM
I have dated a dancer before. To this day she is THE one who got away. Very intelligent, spoke 4 languages fluently and enough to get by in another, very friendly, stunningly beautiful and just all around a good person. I met her when she was a dancer, but she quit and pursued other employment a few months later. It just was never an issue between us.

Her profession never really bothered me because she treated it just as a job. Nothing more, nothing less. If you have a decent personality and a nice body, you can make some serious money.

Would I date a dancer who was broke, addicted to drugs/money and seemed to have no plan? Not on your life, but not because of her job.
 tooyoung
Msg: 494
view profile
History
work in the sewer.. no matter how distasteful it may be.
Posted: 5/14/2007 5:54:34 PM
work in the sewer.
please, at least this is noble and you can leave after the job and feel good about yourself.
I pity any woman who feels that she has no choice but to degrade herself and her body
for another's pleasure.I can understand one being desperate, but a slave is a slave.
wouldn't you rather be badly paid,but still have honor in your work/trade.
I have heard strippers say that they are providing escape/fantasy for the men.
But who are these men?Do they have families/kids themselves?
Are they using money that should be feeding their own?
If you are a rich unattached male, It still isn't right.
It's all meaningless,find yourself a GOOD girl,that's all.
One has to have a healthy attitude towards sex.
It's funny because I once dated a stripper(why?)
She started denying me sex because she thought it was making her ****
too big?And her "clients" wanted her tight.I sacrificed for them.
Is that sad or what? Obviously we can see where her true loyalty lied.
I believe that "strippers" have a hard time to commit and appreciate
true love and all it means.They are too focused on the hustle and money.
Very selfish in the end.Why encourage them to take our money?
For sure I would rather date a REAL woman,get to know her, love her.
I am sorry if you are a "stripper" and you feel that I don't understand
your position, but believe me, you can do so much better with your life!
I am thinking of course of one particular stripper,but I'm sure it applies to all.
God love you anyway!
 * Succinct *
Msg: 502
Posted: 8/21/2007 8:11:40 AM
no, no and NO.....too many negatives in that environment for me to believe that its "just a job"
 * Succinct *
Msg: 506
Posted: 8/21/2007 8:49:22 AM

look at al the negatives working as a doctor
Youre seriously not comparing a doctor to a stripper are you? idiot. I think most of you guys who readily admit to dating a stripper in the past and being willing to do so again doesnt really mean all that much...im sure some if not all of you would also date hookers and blow up dolls too. I'll make you a deal I wont try to change your mind, and dont try and change mine - just stop with the moronic comparisons.
 * Succinct *
Msg: 508
Posted: 8/21/2007 9:40:46 AM
I get your drift, drug dealers have those annoying cops on their ass constantly and murderers have to be extra careful where they dump their victims bodies...yes there are negatives in every profession.
 Vivek_Golikeri
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2007 5:40:19 PM
Only if her job or career began to conflict with our relationship or life together. Not because prudes or judgementalists had any problem with it. If anyone gave me any smart mouth about my lady, I would tell them to go and decode what "F-U" and "4-Q"
stood for.
 ketch
Msg: 515
Posted: 8/21/2007 6:10:11 PM
I'd date a stripper. I'd date a doctor. I'd date a lawyer. I'd also date a bartendor, or waitress, even one who worked at hooters.

I'd date any intelligent interesting woman.

It's the person, not their profession that counts.

Ketch
 MrWonderful
Msg: 517
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2007 6:22:52 PM
i would have no problem dating a stripper as long as the chemistry is there then sure i would
 AFUNONE
Msg: 521
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2007 9:44:10 AM
Never date a stripper!! Most are bi-polar,have OCD,personality disorters,On lithium,butrin,and anxiety meds,,,I did for 3 months...I met her through work knew her for 4 years..Did not know what she did for a living.She would sleep all day out all nite..As the weekends approched she said she was going to be busy...then she told me what she did..I was alright with it..Why not ,,she was hot ,might as well use it to her advantage..Then the trouble started..She asked me to get a place and move in together because she had to move from her sisters place..I figured I was tired of where I was and a change sounded good..Found a house to rent,moved all her stuff,moved all mine. Everything seemed great..even her little dog was happy..Well here goes the rest.. she says her and her girlfriend are going to Vegas for a weekend..I'm like OKAAAY? what ever..She never was there..So she calls me the day she is leaving and needs her birth certificate to get a dup of her licence to fly..She lost it or something..She shows up with some guy that says was a friend giving her a ride..bags in the back of his car..not hers..She calls me before she leaves for the airport says she will call when she lands Blah Blah Blah. Well, needless to say this point I have not heard a word from her..So basically she hooked up with some sucker spent a ton of money on her buying her clothes, jewlery, drug store stuff, I found reciept in the house from the day before she left totalling more than $1,250.00..and left everything behind including her dog , I have a feeling the guy who took her out there inteding to have fun with her and relized all he did was got played..She had no intentions of ever coming back..I on the other hand was too smart to fall for her game..I ended up with a nice place to live, tons of stuff I can put on line to sell, the only thing I am mad about is her abandoning the dog...Good Riddens!!Viva Las Vegas!!!
 gordon111
Msg: 522
Posted: 8/22/2007 5:01:09 PM
i wood never date a stripper. that es not a nice thig to do

Gordon
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 532
Posted: 8/24/2007 1:24:55 AM
One of my former neighbors dated a stripper that worked in a dive club allegedly run by the mafia and notorious for illegal goings-on. She put him through the ringer, worked him over for a lot of money, and brought home diseases that she said she caught by sitting on a dirty chair.
After he spent his tax refund check fixing up her house/kitchen for her, she screwed him again, and not in a good way.
Several years later, he began seeing another stripper. They got married, and they seem very happy.
Some clubs are classy and others are skanky, too.
 des777
Msg: 535
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2007 2:13:51 PM
A "LOT" of years ago I lived with a dancer and was vary much in love with her.
I saw ( and still don't see) anything wrong with a dancer.
If it is a person you would like to marry some day and have children with I would suggest she find another profession because of the kids.
I would have to say that 90% of the men who would date a stripper are looking for sex.
BUT! 90% of men are always looking for sex......................so I don't really know what that means when it comes to dating a striper...........

TheOldMan who did it along time ago..........................smile
 spartacus69
Msg: 538
Posted: 8/31/2007 9:54:26 AM
Of course you can date a stripper...........you just dont marry them.
 itsmekenny
Msg: 544
Posted: 9/1/2007 6:35:33 AM
yes i would as long as she was trustworthy, everybody works for a living and everybody strips everyday to take a shower or to have sex. strippers just do so in front of a crowd. i myself could not strip in front of a crowd. i can in front of the woman i'm dateing if she can strip in front of me. i myself love to wrestle with women but because it can become sexual and involves grabbing boobs and crotches, which can result in me getting a hardon. and this is one reason i don't wrestle with a girl in front of a crowd. (the other reason being if me and the girl are having a submission match where i could lose.) but yes, i would date a stripper. but i'm 50 years old and a good 60LBS over weight. so it aint likely to happen.

kenny
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 546
Posted: 9/8/2007 8:59:28 AM
If they were just dancers/entertainers, then I would say go for it. However, the reality is that there is also a lot of drugs and prostitution that goes along with the industry. Many strippers are professional users and manipulators. Many strippers supplement their income by freelancing activities on the outside.
This morning on my way home from work, a young lady walked into a gas station store wearing no shoes (because her feet were hurting) while she had flip flops in her car. She was wearing a bustier bra and a pair of bikini underwear, and not even an attempt to cover anything up.
Society has mores, and had she been at a naturist/clothing optional setting, there would have been nothing wrong with her attire, but this was not the case. I believe she was soliciting, and did not expect to find a female cop jabbering with the off-duty who was working security.
She kept insisting that her attire was entirely appropriate as it was her work uniform. She said she was just in the store to buy a pack of cigarettes before going home from work, while she already had two packs of cigarettes in her vehicle.
She wound up getting arrested, and she had drugs in her purse. (There was no reason to pat her down, because everything was there to be seen in her underwear.)
The gentleman officers worked very hard to get her a long t-shirt and dig some footwear out of her car. I think one of them actually bought her a shirt from the store so she did not have to go to jail and appear before the judge as she was attired. That southern blood flow you guys have!
I personally think that since she was so proud of her uniform and thought nothing of going out publically like that, she should have appeared before the judge like that, and told the judge just what she told me, "There is nothing indecent about what I am wearing! This is my work uniform!"
I have never interacted with a stripper that is a genuine person, but that does not mean they do not exist. I would be leery though, because the industry is a mentally corruptive industry. On the other hand, isn't it a shame that you can make more money to shake your A$$ than you can with a college degree?
 orchidtigress
Msg: 547
Posted: 12/8/2007 3:52:05 PM
I have and never had any problems in doing so. :)
 Life is Passion
Msg: 549
Posted: 12/9/2007 12:43:39 AM
I absolutely would never date one but that's me.
 TonyAlmeda
Msg: 554
Posted: 12/9/2007 1:29:38 PM
ive dated strippers there like anyone else well except for the job, some are ok to date others are just ok for a piece of a ss
 rjp38
Msg: 560
Posted: 1/6/2008 4:52:23 PM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????
i did why
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >