Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 handsm5
Msg: 562
would you date a stripper?Page 8 of 46    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
...yes, I too would 'date a stripper' - so long as (she) wasn't sleeping around - or 'doing' on the side - after hours :)
...I think it would be a big turn on as well - most 'strippers' are sexy ;)
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 568
view profile
History
would you date a stripper?
Posted: 1/7/2008 5:43:33 PM
wow i was going to comment, but i wont since this seems to be a pro-stripper thread from the last few pages.
yikes
i guess i commented anyway.
 mefishme80
Msg: 569
Posted: 1/7/2008 7:31:41 PM
well i would... but if things got real serious.. i would ask her to look for another job.. i got a dancers number once and i lost it!! she wrote it down on a dollor bill and i gave it to another girl!! LOL that reminds me.. i gott save my ones!!!! lol
 rjp38
Msg: 570
Posted: 1/8/2008 9:52:22 AM
i dated a stripper for a while there people tooo
 DemonLeather
Msg: 574
Posted: 1/8/2008 10:37:08 AM
Yup... been ther/done that..guess it's just like asking "would you date a bouncer?"
Both are in a nightclub, exposed to countless attractive members of the opposite sex, hitting on them all the time, coming home at 5AM all the time.. I think the question SHOULD be.. "Are You secure/confident in yourself to date a stripper" THERE is where the answers get interesting, and that knot in the throat is hard-pressed to get past that collar & tie
 NorseViking869
Msg: 578
Posted: 1/8/2008 11:52:16 AM
Yes I would. Not that it is the only type of people I date, but yes I would.
 Fightdirector
Msg: 579
Posted: 1/8/2008 11:56:18 AM
I'm an actor, a director, a cabaret singer, a former stuntman - stripping is just another form of performance art.

If I met a stripper and she was willing to date an actor/director/cabaret singer, I date her.

Since we're both in the performing arts, we should have something in common.
 ssarg
Msg: 581
Posted: 1/15/2008 5:15:57 AM
Hello cherryblossom3, my that is a long monicer.... As to your question would you date a stripper...... What if it was your cousin and she approached you at the country club at your eldest brother's wedding and asked, you are the only one in the family that I can trust, "would you come to route 88 and watch me dance" I was appalled and at the same time inspired. I'll be et she is an actress but the senerio was so strange to me that I did not show up at club 88. I am not so knowledgeable as to be able to watch my cousin stripping. On another hand I have dated girls that enjoy watching other girls on stage/////////////and I thought they were just trying to warm me up. May-be a little perverted. I think the opperative notion here is that we accept people and there life styles as they are, I cannot fall in love with a women and expect them to change. I am not playing the devils advocate, I would probally not want to date a stripper but I would not judge her. Hope this helps ssarg
 carolann0308
Msg: 586
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 2:53:08 PM
Well, the actual profession is not mentioned. But I'll bet English Teacher is not it.
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 590
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2008 8:52:12 PM

well, actually i am a stripper, and before that i was an english teacher for 7 years, high school. so YEAH, THATS IT!

Medana....LOL...what did you teach, Text messaging 101? You're written English is somewhat to be desired.

And...would I date a stripper? Not on your life. I don't care how much money one makes, to me it's selling oneself short. There are so many jobs that you could work at where you could hold your head high, with dignity and pride. One day this job is going to come back and bite you in the a$$.

So Medana, if you think that stripping is a good way to make a living, then stop defending it and strip to your heart's content.
 TheOneWho_
Msg: 593
Posted: 1/17/2008 2:24:01 PM
Would I date a stripper? I did once, a long time ago.

At this time I would have to think hard about doing it again.
MOST women in that profession are a lot of fun, though poor candidates for what I consider a healthy relationship. The high prevalence of drug use and other destructive behaviors make them rather unattractive, eye candy not withstanding.
 strat657
Msg: 599
Posted: 1/17/2008 6:59:17 PM
I was married to one for 10 yrs and never, ever, did her profession have anything to do with our relationship problems....What she did for a living was irrelevant, she worked hard and shared equally in the responsibilities that we as a family needed to handle....She is my youngest daughter's mother and a wonderful woman and mother...

We are no longer together because of our personal problems, it had nothing to do with her job choice....Don't judge anyone by what they decide to do to earn a living....You or I are no better than anyone else, and job choice shouldn't be a deciding factor as to whether or not you have respect for another human being!!!
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 600
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2008 8:29:09 PM

baby doll, u arent making any sense to me. so if i think its something cool not foul, i should stop defending it? what should i stand up for and defend? what i don't believe in? Medana

LOL...so I don't make any sense to you? What part of what I said couldn't you understand. I think I made myself PERFECTLY clear. You wouldn't need to defend your job if you were totally at ease with it. Why do you care what I or anyone else thinks?

You say you are trying to "demystify ignorant judgements" and "providing inside information" ...I feel it's more like "brow beating" to prove your point. I don't agree with you so you have to be rude and insult my intelligence .

and how i write.. well, who r u to tell me if i should go 'bff' texting style or old english or in between? i bet YOU say PHONE and not TELEPHONE. Medana

I didn't tell you to go texting style or old English as you put it...I was just commenting on what you said about being an English teacher. My Aunt teaches English in High School and she would never write with short cuts the way you do at any time.

and by the way... how much personal direct experience you have with strip clubs and stripping, to tell me that i am selling myself short?

I've been to male strip clubs with friends years ago and didn't get anything out of it. Just heard a bunch of silly women screaming and making fools of themselves.

I have to agree with Mahogany ...nobody is disputing at what you do...but in my opinion and I'm entitled to that....I just don't accept it as a job to be proud of. If you do, then go for it.

Look, I am not trying to tell you what to do or where to work...but for ME...I would NEVER take my clothes off in public for money. I think its a dark way of living/working and one must have a good stomach to do so. I'm sure you are a nice person but it's what you do for a living that I question. It's not a religious thing for me, its a moral one.
Best of luck to you Medana.
 Alexoxox
Msg: 610
Posted: 1/18/2008 8:15:44 AM
First I would and have dated a stripper and I will tell you this, her stripping had nothing to do with what we had together. I did not even know what she did before I asked her out. From the first time I e-mailed Medana I knew she was head and shoulders above most other women in here. She is smart just look at her postings, she is friendly and not stuckup like some many women as pretty and sexy as she is. I have been to the club where she works even though I have never meet her. This is the best run and looking club I have ever seen, class all the way. This club even has indoor parking for everyone. I am an actor and one of the first things you are asked male or female is will you do nude seens. I know a body double for hollywood that you have never seen her face that makes a lot of women in hollywood look great naked. This is no big thing to me and am sorry if it is to some of you. Medana you go girl.
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 617
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2008 3:20:49 PM
Medana wrote:

eman, it surprises me uve bounced for two years and u dont see why this job is so stressful and demanding

1. u r on high hells, 5-8 inches, dancing or walking , for 5-8 hrs.

2. dance moves r learnt choreography. most of them look easy, but i promise u that if u try just one time to do stripper moves u will see its not easy. we make it look easy because its a job that thrives on visual beauty, so u cant look sexy by showing pain.

every nite i get home i have awful bruises on my knees, legs and arms, from the hard surface we slide and dance on, and the pole. sometimes we have accidents, ive come down to quickly before and got a black eye, or landed w my knee right of the corner of the stage... ouch, that hurt enough i thought my eyes were gonna pop out, but i still smiled and ate my tongue

3. it is a very high level anxiety job - u never know how much money u will make or any. for example... last monday i made 600, but this monday i made -3 dollars, today i made 200, but i got there at 7:30 and made nothing until 11:30. it is very unmotivating and discouraging.

4. it can be hard also to keep a positive attitude. sometimes u have couple bad days in a row and blame urself. some people r very rude. it takes some skin to not shove a foot up their abrasive ass to remind them no one asked them to come in, they walked in voluntarily

5. u have to wash and freshen up 3-4 times a night, constantly checking ur outfit, brushing teeth, washing off sweat if u got off stage, underwear etc

6. it takes a lot of energy to be with your guard up for 8 hours. u know how it is, people will try to take advantage of situations etc, so we are constantly in the middle of sexual harassment. it pisses u off, but u have to think quick and dodge bullets all the time, so u dont let them, while not offending them, so they will get more dances. which means i have several escape techniques, including turning with my butt towards them is their breath smells so bad i cant handle it without gagging, moving quickly to the side if they try to grab me by my panties etc. it is stressful and mentally exhausting.

7. at all times u have to scan thru the crowd and make assessments and decide who to go to and when. then we have to break the ice... about 50 times a night. u dont always feel social, and human nature is to be shy, which is THE REAL REASON GIRLS DRINK AND DO DRUGS. u have to be at ease and have a natural free-flowness about u to get a dance, u cant walk up to someone looking uncomfortable and expect to make money. we have to look happy and be charming. and how many times a day u have that constant happy feeling and feel like smiling all the time? it's difficult. if u fake it, it shows, so many girls will try to get couple drinks in to loosen up, so they can make money, which is a vicious circle and bad trap.

8. i do not know many girls that go party afterwards. maybe a few and in between. most of us r too tired to think past how bad ur feet hurt and how u cant wait to crash in bed.

for example... ive been working every day since saturday. last nite, after coming home i was so tired that it took me a long time to fall asleep, and while i slept from 6am till noon, i woke up tired. when i went back in i was just totally exhausted still, but im behind schedule on bills, so i had to work. i bought myself a red bull vodka to pick myself up a bit. this is THE ONLY situation in which i will buy myself a drink. between the bad cramps in my feet when i dance, and bending backwards and sideways and swirling around the pole while calculating where to stop and from which angles and in front of whom, i wouldn't have made it thru the first stage show.

then i had to spend 5 minutes catching my breath and washing again, because i was now sweaty from thew work out. so rub ur feet when u get off stage, wipe and towel dry, powder back up, catch ur breath, find a customer. then asses how to talk to him, when to ask for a dance, how to do it etc

put all those elements together and u have a very tough job to go thru. but it still is a lot of fun.

but no, trust me, it's not something anyone can do it.

after all, how many have the guts to be naked alone in the mirror, let alone on stage in front of people, in the spotlight, where everyone can see ur every flaw?

a lot of girls drink and do drugs, but it has to do w job anxiety and mustering up ur bravest self. i make a point never to go past 4 drinks. i never ask for a drink. i dont wanna drink, but sometimes u have to, it breaks the ice a lot easier if u accept one. id rather get the 10 bucks as a tip, then alcohol in my system, but u cant always avoid it. some girls have tricks, they have secret signals for the waitress/bartender, to drop the vodka and put in juice only, u know, fake a drink.

i understand ur girl was bad, babes, but we arent all that way. i dont put anything up my nose, im too hyper as it is. but just two days ago some guy offered to give me free cocaine. i dont want it, so i said ok, ill be right back, and never passed by him again... LOL

Wow...What a glamorous job!!!

Hmmmm, after reading your job description on the pain you suffer, lack of funds, forced drinking, harrassment, stress and lack of sleep, I think I will quit my $70,000 a year job to demean myself for so much less...NOT....and you call this fun???...the most fun you've had in two years??? Are you masochistic? Did you slide down the pole backwards and bang your head? Sorry Medana but no thanks!!! I will just keep my nice cushy job, being my own boss, not having to force myself to do anything that I don't want to do, and I have alot LESS stress. And for what...to have to face it again for yet another night?

Last by not least....I sleep VERY WELL. Also... ALL my bills are paid and I'm going to go on a nice long vacation at the end of next month and I don't need a second job either.

So go ahead, defend away...this girl is done with you...you've just said it all and just made my point of view very clear.
 8ball master
Msg: 620
Posted: 1/19/2008 11:24:55 AM
hmm how interesting..
 mishbabe
Msg: 621
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 11:34:29 AM
well i used to work as an exotic dancer nearly 20 yrs ago,i dont think it changes who i am or should change the way people think about me.not everyone has a perfect up bringing and sometimes you just have to do what you have to do to survive.i dont think anyone should judge another based on something they did or in are still doing.misha
 nexthyme
Msg: 622
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 11:47:17 AM
Babydoll, no offense but I can see at 48 why you would decline being a stripper... Past the age of 35 the time is up to give up the pole.

However some of the "cushy" jobs you describe as yourself having, were gotten through hard working going to school and paid for by dancing... These gals didn't have a rich daddy or mommy to pay for their schooling or bills... Any ordinary job wouldn't be flexible enough for the tough schooling schedule.

Being a stripper does take smarts as noted by Medana. It also takes smarts to seperate what a person does for a living, and the life they live.

Personally haven't done it, but know some gals very closely and know the what and why of it. Sure there are those that put the money up their noses. There are those that if given enough money will go home with a "john"... However that isn't the norm. And Eman, I don't know what state you live in, but I do know for the states of Wa, and OR there is a NO TOUCH policy... Any club that allows that kind of crap ends up raided and closed down.

Babydoll, some of these gals not only fund themselves through school, but also have very nice clothes, cars, and places to live in. They vacation to great places, and they don't have to put out to anyone to do it.

It is a moral judgement for some that say no way. Then of course for those that feel they have a trust issue with someone they haven't even met, well pal the issue is on you since trust comes from knowing someone.

Stripping isn't for everyone, nor is dating one.

However believing there is a need to judge someone else, and dictate what exactly goes on in the line of work is ignorance at its finest.
 TonyAlmeda
Msg: 623
Posted: 1/19/2008 11:54:46 AM
nextthyme, major difference between headliners and the locals, locals have hustle to get the bucks, headliners usually dont

the better looking the peeler the more she makes, ive seen some chicks in those places that shouldnt strip, probably why they have to service the customers afterwards if you know what i mean lol

While there are few chicks who strip and puts them selves through college, and most of them who end up with the education and careers usually try to hide their past

I dont have a problem meeting a stripper but if she chose to the job as a full time job, im not sure if i like that.
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 624
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 12:36:26 PM
Nexthyme:

Babydoll, no offense but I can see at 48 why you would decline being a stripper... Past the age of 35 the time is up to give up the pole.

No offense, but even at the age of 18 and 28, I felt no differently than what I've described in this thread. I'm not passing judgement on anybody. I do know ladies who strip for a living and all of them are smart, intelligent women. But on the same token , none of them have held a relationship....all have men going in one door and out the other....for whatever reason.

However some of the "cushy" jobs you describe as yourself having, were gotten through hard working going to school and paid for by dancing... These gals didn't have a rich daddy or mommy to pay for their schooling or bills... Any ordinary job wouldn't be flexible enough for the tough schooling schedule.

LOL, believe me....I don't have rich parents and everything I accomplished, I did on my own. The difference between strippers and myself is that I value my reputation and no matter how good or how smart a stripper may be, her reputation will precede her. Some of my stripper friends have tried to get out of stripping for a living just to find out that when they tried to get better jobs and the moment their potential employers found out about their past, they were passed up for others with better reputations. Not very good in this time where we aren't supposed to be punished for things done in our past but it happens all the time and there are loop holes in which they can get away with it.

Personally haven't done it, but know some gals very closely and know the what and why of it. Sure there are those that put the money up their noses. There are those that if given enough money will go home with a "john"... However that isn't the norm..

Oh but it is the norm, according to what I've been told by these women friends who strip for a living.. In order for these girls to get paid well by individual customers, they have to pretty well do what they have to to get paid...as Medana said and I quote…”a lot of girls drink and do drugs, but it has to do w job anxiety and mustering up ur bravest self. i make a point never to go past 4 drinks. i never ask for a drink. i dont wanna drink, but sometimes u have to, it breaks the ice a lot easier if u accept one. id rather get the 10 bucks as a tip, then alcohol in my system, but u cant always avoid it.”

However believing there is a need to judge someone else, and dictate what exactly goes on in the line of work is ignorance at its finest.

This is a moral issue for me as I have said in my last posts and I am NOT judging Medana, you or any other stripper. You have to judge yourselves and the values you place on your person. And as far as dictatiing what exactly goes on in the line of work is first hand knowledge by friends of mine who strip. As I said, its a dark life but someone has to do it for all those business men and others who has to get their kicks by paying to watch a woman take her clothes off and sit on their laps to give them what they lack in their own lives. So before you call what I said "ignorance at its finest...you'll have to get to know me better for that privilege.
 lr58
Msg: 626
Posted: 1/20/2008 8:04:13 AM
yes why not just a job like any other, we make to much out of it seeing some one nude, I would and I would have no problem falling for her or telling my friends, it does not make them a bad persons.
 RidingRich
Msg: 629
Posted: 1/20/2008 12:44:19 PM
I don't have a real problem with it, but then again I'm dating one now. There is quite a bit of checking I normally do though since I used to know a fe win my past, and while some were great people who just needed a job and could do it, others were.. um yeah.. thats all they were good for was putting themselves on display.

I agree with the poster above me that said that the one im seeing is really cool and hasn't played all those games people do, nor made me feel like i had to prove something, or whatnot. Then again, given the stigma people put on these types, I would guess that someone who can accept a person for who they are, over what they do is something valuable.

Then again, I've met some that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole, on the other hand, I've met some accountants and librarians that were the same way for the same reasons. Still never been to a strip club though. This one says she wants me to come over and see her do her thing. Should be... interesting. lol
 kayfay
Msg: 630
Posted: 1/20/2008 12:55:39 PM
NEVER. Absolutely NOT.
 smiles0527
Msg: 633
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2008 2:07:07 PM
Why would you even think this..........."if you want head games and no trust factor. Date a social worker." Not sure where this is coming from, bad past experience? Help me to understand.
 4408joseph
Msg: 635
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 7:30:59 PM
I did and would never do it again..

She always stunk..Her clothes,hair, hands, everything..

I don't know what kind of chemicals they use when restoring antique furniture, but the stuff should be outlawed..They should just sand the old varnish off.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >