Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 12
She threw my car into park...Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Actually Trevor (OP), her being your secretary actually makes the situation a little better, oddly enough.

I mean, it's bad that you were to go out, but in a group setting at the Cheese Factory, you could have easily set it as an outing, not a date per se. The real question is -- did you have any sexual relations with her beforehand? If so, yeah, then it's just the same as a date.

With that said though, her grabbing your phone or taking the keys out and throwing into park makes her not quite as insane as say, a gal you emailed on POF and had a blind date with. She knew you, you knew her. Makes sense that you drove her back knowing her already.

I think you being her boss made her think it was going down that route... and since you knew she was the sugar-daddy-hunting type, I'd place a little blame on yourself for her expecting you to buy her a shirt. You knew she'd possibly throw that out there, just not be so insistent on it. I think you prevented to get the air cleared that you weren't that type, because that'd risk her going out with you. If a gal isn't a sugar-daddy-hunter, she wouldn't mind a light-hearted "I know technically I'm your boss, but due to some past bad experiences with some gals, I'm not a sugar-daddy by any means -- I just like paying for a nice date and to have a good time."

And I disagree with some who may say it's your fault for being attracted and willing to entertain a materialistic girly-girl. Many girls like that don't expect anything more than a guy paying for a date. Wouldn't say it's a wise choice when relationship-hunting, but after your broken engagement, you shouldn't be relationship-hunting anyway.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 20
She threw my car into park...
Posted: 9/20/2009 9:02:57 PM
Trev,

Okay, if she wasn't your secretary, but an -administrator- in your department, that's a different story and beter. But I'll assume "admin" is the false-but-politically-correct term for secretary. And you guys don't talk much -- that is not as bad. Basically, when it comes to work it should be: "If an ex with a little bad blood worked in her position right now, could things be cool?" If yes, then sure, but take it slow in terms of getting to know them and how they'd be in a drama situation carrying it in to the building, etc.

I will have to say though, dating someone at work is not on the same level as dating online. I've met far stranger women from bars than I have online. There's nothing that anyone's going to hide more online (besides inaccurate pics) than any other method of meeting someone. I think dating someone at work being stupid depends on how many stupid situations it would cause if things didn't work out. Online dating -- that doesn't cause drama anymore than regular dating, and it certainly doesn't get in the way of one's work potentially.
 TheReason_
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 9:12:03 PM
This thread delivers!

First: don't $hit where you eat. I'm sure your name is mud there by now.

Second: Buy a vehicle with a manual transmission. You are lucky your tranny isn't lying in the middle of the road.
 KinChandlerAz
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/20/2009 9:44:04 PM

It's time to change my preferences in the women i date. No more of these high maintenance women. May have had somethin to do with it, eh! Sheesh...

Ya think?

It shocks me when I hear some of the things women get away with doing to men! Makes me wonder why I don't have their "game" you know?

Find a nice WOMAN with a big heart. Those spoiled little girls were always Daddy's Little Princess. Trust me.
 big pacific
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 8:13:32 AM
Howd she pull the keys out? That MY question, i mean thats amazing, theres a lock holding the key in place while the key is in the on position.

But yeah, psycho chick.
 thwipp89
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 9:53:17 AM
OP- who the hell even thinks to pull out the keys and throw a car into park like that?! she must've thought that up beforehand, which tells you she's a nutjob. i would've either left her there or pushed her out of the moving vehicle. i would've been LIVID had she jeopardized my safety with that stunt maneuver and jacked up my car like that (throwing a car in park at 45 mph *can't* be good). seriously, tho- i would've called the cops on her right there.

"She is actually my executive admin."

ok my man, there's an old saying:
NEVER sh*t where you eat.

this is where you went very wrong. it's one thing to date a co-worker on the same level as you (which still isn't the best of moves). this is a whole other ballgame. you might be looking for a new job soon.
 SueCat51
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 8:43:38 PM
Wow, this isn't drama here, it's a damned Broadway Play. You're better off without her. For her to "expect" you to buy her a shirt is insane. You don't say what age she is, but she needs to grow up. At the same token, you need to be more cautious in your future choices.
 winteragain
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/22/2009 6:45:51 PM
But bro couldn't you just bang her before ditching her, seriously.
 whatever3321
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:38:29 AM
it isn't possible if your being nice to the ignition.....It is possible if you force it

Now throwing the the car into park is my hard part because there is a reverse lock out on automatics when the car is in forward motion so the best she could do was throw it in neutral. If at all cost this is true then you sir have a really messed up car that has to see a mechanic because the ignition switch needs to be replaced and your transmission is not in a happy place and I hope you have a good warranty.

After that being said the girl could kindly get out of my car if she is throwing a temper tantrum and is messing with my shifter, ignition , or anything involving the mechanical control of the vehicle.

Now in all fairness to the OP, you can turn the car off while in motion and being a automatic and still in D would have similar reaction as if being put in park if your torque converter was locked but it wouldn't at 45mph maybe 60-70. I don't have a automatic nor am I willing to test it and I think you should take your car to a shop and stop dating high maintenance woman.
 tbuddha
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/23/2009 9:04:44 PM
My sister's car got screwed up when I was a kid from some drunk friend of hers accidentally putting the car in park while driving. I'm not sure if you can on newer cars, but you could in a 80s cavalier.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/24/2009 7:08:15 AM
OP: High maintenance spoiled psycho is what she is. I'm surprised that in two months of dating her you did not see any red flags up until then. And you work with her too?! Now you have to face this nut case on a daily basis - awkward/dangerous!
 Sabrosura
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/24/2009 7:12:59 AM
^^^^^LMAO!!!!
 Vannili
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2009 11:44:11 AM
Msg1: I am sorry of your bad experience on dating this girl , I bet you only knew her for a short time personally . It really has nothing to do with high maintenance women it is more on good character and education.. You can thank your guardian angels that nothing bad happened to you,her and your car...

As a woman I always meet my date on the appointed time and place, a man could do that too ,unless you are living together...
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2009 4:35:34 PM
Jesus, tough room!! Y'all are accusing the Opie of fabricating this story because "blah blah blah (list reason of choice here) ". The fact is NONE of you were there. He told us about a bad dating experience. Why oh why does everyone always have to rip the Opie to shreds? In the 3+ years I've had a profile on here, I've started 3 threads. Why? Well, for this very reason. You go looking for advice, or just want to share an experience, and people jump all over you. Absolutely disgusting.

OT: Shitty experience you had Opie. I can imagine that at the time, when you're in the situation, it's difficult to react..who expects such behavior from a grown woman? And to those who said they would have just thrown her out of the car..I don't think most of you would. Would she have deserved it? Certainly. But most of are raised to be civil, even in situations such as this.

And to the dude patting himself on the back..a little premature darlin'. The only one I see trying to garner attention in this thread is YOU. The Opie did indeed identify the make/model and year of his car, as others have pointed out. You just made yourself look like an ass.

For the record? The last 2 vehicles I have owned, you can easily remove the key from the ignition when it is in operating mode. Both vehicles were late '90's models.

Glad to hear you've suffered no ill effects Opie, nor did your car. A new tranny is a painful touch. Good luck in the future darlin'.

Paladin_Darkwolf
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/24/2009 7:17:53 PM
I once had a 87 Plymouth Reliant that I had to throw into park at about 40 - 45 MPH to avoid hitting the car in front of me due to brake failure... tranny did not catch til after I hit that car.

Mythbusters did the episode where they threw a Crown Vic into park to dry to stop it... it kept on rolling. (Now, the one with the speed camera... they couldn't outrun it, but the guys on Top Gear did do it. Basically, you have to be going 170+MPH.)

Now... I do know on some vehicles that if you can get the tranny into neutral or park while it's moving, you can get the ignition key out... and it's a dangerous thing to do because your steering gets locked.

(These days, I drive an '05 Dodge Magnum... I will NOT try any of the above in it!!!)

Some of y'all need to check the negativity towards the OP at the door before coming in as your reading comprehension seems to be sorely lacking.

A woman who dresses classy does NOT equal high-maintenance. He had already said that she had not shown signs of craziness prior to said mishap and that they had been dating for a while already.

Said date got off lucky... she would have had to find her own way home if she even tried to pull that crap in my car.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/25/2009 12:19:19 AM
Trev,

You handled it in a good way, way to go. But I will say, wasn't a relationship with her -- just a try-out. :) Big difference, especially when it comes to inter-office situations.

I don't think it's taboo if done the right way. It depends on the size (hence space) of the company, and how you approach it. You don't run with things the same way you would if say, you had insta-chemistry with some gal at a bar... you get to know them so you know what some possible pitfalls may be.

Of course, due to your situation, I think you've learned that you can get a bit ahead of yourself -- so that's NOT what you want to do in a work environment, and I think that's why there's the stigma of never-do-that-at-work. You fell into that trap. As long as you learn and look over your shoulder in that "testing the waters" situation, you should be okay.

Bar = small head can trump big head.
Work = big head trumps small head.
 moab576
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/25/2009 1:41:53 AM
She is what I refer to as a...........

"Psycho****fromhell"

From personal experience.............

RUN to the nearest exit..............don't look back no matter how hot she looked/was, etc........

Aloha, Mark
 Clipped Wings Pilot
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/25/2009 2:16:40 AM
good grief.........thats why i only meet for tea first......so if she is a total flake i can bolt.........lol
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2009 7:55:47 AM
Now, see.. If you had'a just bought her the shirt none of the drama that followed would have taken place ..

Next time, picture her with nothing else on but the shirt and her heels, it'll take the sting outta doing what she demands ..

*She says with sarcasm*
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/25/2009 8:37:04 AM
OP, she's your exec. admin? So she's your employee. You should've known she was high maintenance and a diva. That must've been apparent in the office.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2009 12:40:24 PM
I think Trevor and Pinkoleander gotta thang for each other!

lol.. True to (apparent) form, Another drama queen has captured your attention

Singleinlewistonidaho
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/7/2009 1:50:17 AM
Wow. Spoiled little girl alert!
 TheReason_
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2010 11:39:24 PM
LOL Remember, whenever you see a beautiful woman somehwere, rest assured, there's some guy who is getting tired of her shit.

Vannili
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2010 7:19:16 AM
Wow!!! So your date was a hottie, career oriented and a little high maintenance.Just the way you like em.. You got em! As long as You can afford them. A girl herself can not afford Bebe clothes ,she has more priority bills to pay,so she was trying to hit you to buy her Bebe blouse and brag to her girlfriends that her BF is a hot shot .
Good that you got wiser, it is not your responsibility to buy for other people's clothings whether in classy place for the rich or in thrift store for the poor.

Now, you know that there are two kinds of women who lives in this world, one who is responsible for herself and take you as a partner to share experiences of life. And the other takes you to cater her expensive needs that she can not afford otherwise she will buy it herself with out dragging you to her favorite store. LOL! your date thinks the world evolve around her that she can throw a tantrum to get want she wants..

Pingshooter
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2010 10:30:20 PM

Was it Secretary's Day?

It's going to be when the EEOC, Sexual Harassment complaints are filed.
Talk about lighting a fuse and waiting for the explosion to go off..that's what this is.

I am beginning to think this episode wasn't real..to many things..transmissions don't survive that speed being thrown into park..any secretary who is out with their boss, and expects..nay..demands to have items purchased for them..and no complaint has been filed yet..nawwww..nice story, but no offense, I'm not believing this one. Nice read though.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >