Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walygatr
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Have you ever risked it when the pic just didn't do it for you?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I looked at your photos, you do photograph well. I think it's a thing alot of us have when looking at our own photos.
 Stormwolf
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Have you ever risked it when the pic just didn't do it for you?
Posted: 9/24/2009 1:21:36 PM

lets just say he was not my type.
Finally I decided why not? WOW! he was so much better looking in real life.

Stop making me blush!

I once met a guy here on POF for coffee. His profile picture was so-so. He was wayyyyyy better looking in person!!
(the only problem was that HE knew he was hot...and that was an instant turn-off)

I'll work on my "Tude" Thanks.
 Vannili
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2009 1:29:35 PM
For me it has nothing to do with features it has something to do with personality, most I dated I am attracted to their pics personality otherwise I won't meet them, but it doesn't mean that I am already taken in that person when I meet him....
 dondea
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2009 1:39:24 PM
taal, are you kidding? I agree with Walygatr....Ah, but you are young!!!
 RUmPsHaKER
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/24/2009 4:09:42 PM

Have you ever found someone really interesting "on paper" (and/or through email or chat)

absolutely

but found the picture wasn't attractive to you, and then taken the chance to meet the person in RL? If so, how did that turn out for you?

yes.....and it turned out exactly as i expected.....see for me, mental stimulation is a "must"...but, there has to be a physical attraction as well for me to want more...

Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2009 4:54:24 PM
Absolutely I have! If a person can look much better in their online picture than in a real world setting, doesn't it stand to reason that some people could be just the opposite, and look better in person? I know I usually get that myself, that my photos don't do me justice, and I realize people just aren't photogenic. But seeing them three dimensionally and getting to observe them and their personality in a dynamic setting, you never know how attracted you just might be. Shallow is as shallow does, and if someone chooses to judge solely on an online picture, even if they might find me otherwise appealing, well, I'd just as soon not meet that type anyway. Seriously, how big of a risk is a drink or a cup or coffee!?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/25/2009 4:33:02 PM
Yes, I have met many.

About 99% of the time, it meant that I would be a friend but not a lover. It is amazing how many men won't take the first without the last.
 daynadaze
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2009 10:25:23 PM
I don't care if they have pictures or not, and I don't assume I really know what they look like even if they do have pictures. Sure I react to the photos, sometimes Whoa and sometime Ouch, but I would never not meet someone interesting because of their looks, now their bad habits might stop me like not showering or behaviors/lifestyles, but their genetic looks, no.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 12:18:20 PM

Have you ever found someone really interesting "on paper"?

Negatory.

Quite the contrary, actually.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >