Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Another smoking thread...with a twist...what about the new electronic      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 e*Musing
Msg: 11
Another smoking thread...with a twist...what about the new electronic cigarettes?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Hey, any menthol smokers out there that have tried or considered this? My understanding was that some brands...Kool IIRC, was super-addictive...but in any case, all the menthols were more physically addictive. Anybody with first hand knowledge they can write a summation about?

GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Another smoking thread...with a twist...what about the new electronic cigarettes?
Posted: 9/30/2009 6:18:47 PM

I tried one of those e-cigarettes last night after smoking regular ones all night and I'll tell you that they have the same feeling and sensation of smoking a regular cigarette. I was impressed and sold last night on the idea of purchasing one. I think The CEO and I have made the executive decision to give these a try.
LOL! I told ya Spinach!!!! Wasn't it incredible?!?!?! You didn't email me though for the URL where I got mine. There's quite a price variation from site to site so shop around!!!

I agree that this stands a much better chance of helping those who WANT to quit...to actually do so. It's not only the addiction to nicotine, but as you have stated, the oral fixation that's difficult to abandon.

LOL! my only problem is...that I don't (and didn't) smoke cigarettes. I smoked only those little flavored cigars...and the filter cartridges on the e-cigs aren't flavored....so I do miss that, but still, it's been 6 days and I'm already finding that I prefer my e-cig to the Swisher Sweets! LOL!
 SpinachSalad
Msg: 13
Another smoking thread...with a twist...what about the new electronic cigarettes?
Posted: 9/30/2009 6:47:30 PM
GmaBooBoo - I loved that little grape flavored cigar you had. I agree - it's too bad they don't make those e-cigarettes grape flavored!

Next pay is around the corner. I can't wait! I swear I'm gonna walk into my boss' office and take a puff right in front of him. He's been trying to get me to quit as well.

Oh, okay - I probably won't do that in front of my boss - at least not at first - but I will do it at work when I get it.
 Vered6300
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 8:17:33 PM
I hope at least i person thinking about buying this scam,reads this. I bought it, I wanted to quit, guess what? It does not work, let me say again, it does not smoke, light up or anything for more than about 5 seconds. I tried to get a refund, I was hung-up on almost 15 times, before someone promised me a return envelope, to send back my kit for repairs. Guess what, no return envelope, just more hang-ups, when I call for a refund! I wish I knew how to make problems for these scam artist, it really burns me up to see it advertized here!
 climbsagain
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/9/2009 4:16:10 AM
Its a shame that it did not provide you with the services you desired. I am curious as to why you would buy something like this without knowing more about the product before hand? Seems that anything connected to your health is important enough to research before you start using it. Was the product at fault?
 SpinachSalad
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/9/2009 11:57:40 AM
There are so many providers of e-cigarettes that there are bound to be some bad apples. All I know is that I tried one at a party and I was very happy with the results. Potential scams are the reason why I've been asking people who have them where they got them and what they think of them - I know the product works for them (and for me) and their sources got customer service right at least once.
 wayfarer4you
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2009 7:28:34 PM
Chris and Mike !!!! I went into my loc. smoke shope and there under the glass ,with spot light's and all the e-cig refill's and all , Now thats down here at GUMBY's and If I'm laying I'm dieing ,I think there's a web sight for them as well(gumby's) ??? if anything I'll hook you guy's up and we can trade cash for e-cig's ( that sound's so under the table) .
Later dater
 climbsagain
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/22/2009 4:44:33 PM
What will they invent next a e-joint you get the flavor without the buzz I just kept cutting down on my cigs and finally quit.

The new technology in cigareetes is the paper used to make the cigarettes. A person smoking must puff on their smoke more often to keep the darn thing from going out. The idea is to reduce fires caused byu cigarettes left burning in the ashtray. Think of the great chemicals involved in this new technology. Hey lungs.......puff on this!
 e*Musing
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/24/2009 5:38:17 AM
Everyone I know...with every brand I've heard of, seems incredibly satisfied/happy with the results. The hard thing is finding them...I found a Smoke 51 (I believe) brand as well as Luci at Waterbeds -n- Stuff.

The difference is that the Smoke 51 brand has the atomizer completely contained in the "filter" section...and the "tobacco" section is completely a LiIon battery. And yes, they have menthol and they have all of the filter cartridges in decreasing nicotine amounts.

climbsagain
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/26/2009 3:49:33 AM
^^^^I'm envious of you being able to stop smoking

I quit on October 16th, 2005 cold Turkey. I am lvilgn proof that it can be done. Smoking is situational impluses. You can change that. Good Luck!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2009 12:43:04 AM
Now we are paying the equivilant of Canada for cigarettes... but still no health care reform... boy they think we are stupid.
 climbsagain
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/15/2009 4:25:04 AM
but still no health care reform... boy they think we are stupid.

Think we are stupid, they know we are stupid. Another examle is the use of tobacco money from law suits used by various states to balance the biannual budget. Really smart moves occur in the United States everyday! :44;
 Looking4FunTimes3555
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/19/2011 5:00:54 PM
I know that they make flavored cartridges. My friend's mother uses them and has Heath bar flavored ones that she loves. I am not sure which e-cig she uses since there are so many of them out there.
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Another smoking thread...with a twist...what about the new electronic cigarettes?