Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Men searching for single mum'sPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
In my experience.... when my input is required or asked for.. I come first, unless she asks me to delay... otherwise... of course her children come first... just like being married.... kids take precedence... no more words!!!!

Ruffy

xx
 Talk4England
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Men searching for single mum's
Posted: 9/25/2009 3:02:26 PM
Mizphitz
Think your logic (or lack of it) is sad or warped.
As I have previously stated men such as myself may prefer to date single mums for reasons that are connected to their attitude due to having children not for for the sake of those children.
Women using such sites may believe that this way ensures the potential date is truely aware of their family status and they come as a unit rather than offsping as bait. Sick thoughts indeed.
 flirtyafterforty
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/25/2009 5:50:47 PM
Sorry,didnt read all the replies,so,if Im repeating,apologies! Just think its a really sad reflection on things that sites are categorising in that way to attract folk,Im a single dad, but came onto chat sites to meet folk in a variety of situations,broaden my horizons and brighten my life up a bit,if there was a site for women looking for single dads,then Id be giving it a big swerve,if I chat with someone and get on with them,then its because of the person,and whatever situation they're in shouldnt make a difference if you get on with them..naive probably,and Ive come across a few nutters over the years,however,live and learn and dont take risks if you feel uneasy
 Warrencraig
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2009 8:19:38 PM
paedophile paranoia is going too far in this country. What next? imprison all men as they are potential paedos??

Theres quite a few reasons men might prefer single mothers as partners. older men may well be past the reasonable age group to have kids so a mother with kids may appeal as its unlikely theyd have more kids. May already have his own kids, may be firing blanks, known hereditory genetic issues he doesnt want to pass on yet still wants to be a "father".

Plus to be brutally honest, if your above 30 or so then most woman will have had a child anyway so its not like youve got much choice in the matter!!! The average age for first child is 29 in the UK but its a lot lower in some deprived areas.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >