Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 55
Are Women much more pickier/choosy than Men when it comes to Dating/Relationships?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I believe men are more picky. Yes, men may screw anything that seems to have a pair of boobs, particularly after a few drinks, but not all men are like that and I believe men are more narrow minded and driven more by looks than women are.
In the end men pursue and women veto, thus you may think that it's women with the advantage, but they are not. If a woman is not attractive, her chances of dating someone that she finds attractive are reduced tremendously. While a guy that is not that attractive, if he has personality, if he has balls, if he makes a decent living and I am not going to include here whether he is rich or famous, takes care of himself, there are plenty of women that are within his scope of attractiveness that will go for him.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 56
Are Women much more pickier/choosy than Men when it comes to Dating/Relationships?
Posted: 11/22/2016 9:35:21 AM
^^^
I agree with this to a point but with exceptions.

You are using picky in two different ways. If a guy is picky based on his preference of what he finds attractive and that attractive happens to be physical...

and a woman Is picky but her pickiness happens to be a little different criteria than the man based on what her preferences are... how is his pickiness and her pickiness any different... or one better than another?

I know women that would not be considered conventionally attractive at all... and they were literally constantly approached because they had something that drew people to them and made them feel special. That unique something was outside of physical but it was incredibly charismatic. it made them beautiful.. and that is better than how features are arranged in a face or how someone is built or buff or whatever. Men with s sense of humor and confidence have that too... even if they have characteristics that are usually considered " undateable or unappealing" in stereotypical terms.

People pick based on what they connect with and hope to find someone they click with.., who also happens to click with them.

neither gender is pickier I don't think.., people settle less nowadays and hold out for what appeals to them.

though obviously as witnessed in these parts.. some with a lot of ranting about those who they pick don't happen to pick them back.
 gtomustang
Msg: 57
Are Women much more pickier/choosy than Men when it comes to Dating/Relationships?
Posted: 11/22/2016 10:41:59 AM
I'll agree, it may be an apples to oranges comparison. If men are generally looking to get laid, and women are generally looking for relationships, then they are looking for different things and its probably easier for an attractive person to get laid, than for an attractive person to find a good match to make a relationship. So, men may be less picky b/c they seek an easier goal so they don't have to be picky in order to find their goal. Speaking in generalities, of course. It could also be argued that men operate logically, so they have a clear idea of what they want, not based on emotional feeling. Of course they can change their mind, but typically when they want something, they won't wait for it to come to them, they'l figure a logical way to make it work. It can also be said, men typically do the pursuing, hence, the women get to play gate-keeper. A man may choose who to hit on, but she's seen as choosing to say yes or no. She gets the final vote.

I dated a gal who wasn't conventially attractive, but two male coworkers were overhead saying over a live walkie talkie (She worked at a landscaping place), "there's just something about her". And I knew what it was--she had a healthy attitude about having sex. A sensual woman who appears to be willing in her own mind to have sex with a guy, can be really sexy. If she's halfway good looking, and the fellow gets the vibe he isn't going to have to jump thru hoops, he can be interested in the suggestion of sexual pleasure. For some of us average looking guys, our first gf(s) may indeed have been the "willing woman". No one else would give us a chance, they were too focused on getting arm candy to impress their friends or to date the status guy like the captain of the team. A woman who's already interested in having sex, is "just" looking for someone they're comfortable with. They may not even be looking for a long term relationship, and we may be too geeky and insecure to provide one at that time.

or maybe she's looking for a characteristic, a saphiophile for example.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >