Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > do you know what you want or not?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kreativ_contraption
Msg: 1
do you know what you want or not?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'm not even sure why I'm here... I mean when I was first introduced with the idea of putting up an ad about myself I was like WTF. Why go and post on a website pictures and a description of yourself and a description of what your looking for. I mean sounds like a fool proof plan, but after about a month on here I've found it more comical than useful... Honestly I agree, out and about is not ideal meeting grounds, especially in groups, cause females are basically watching each others backs and douche bags are trying to come up from behind...

I guess what I'm saying is this isn't a bad ideal for a free dating site, but seriously if you never even reply to a message, then you neither know what you've lost or could have gained. I thought this might not be a bad ideal to try and meet some females on here, you know instead of public where you might already be trashed, or "clubbin", which no offense it's just not my thing, like I said groups of people, shoulder to shoulder, way too loud and who knows if your drink is ever really safe.

Now I guess to get to the actual point of this post based on the subject, though I'm really not trying to make a point more or less trying to figure out some thought processing...
Now, over 60% of the females I have messaged were "my matches," well apparently this site is not great with matching qualities because 80% of those are unread/deleted...
Hmmmm, aside from that about 80% of the other 40% also is unread/deleted...
Now with this being said I know I'm no model material and quite frankly am so glad that is the case because 1) I have grand appreciation for everything I have 2) My whole world does not revolve around me, in fact I'm normally the last one I'm ever worried about at all 3) My lack of beauty makes me focus on the realities of the world and life, meaning I research and connect 4) I know, let alone thinking, but i know for a fact I'm am not any better than any other person on this planet and vise versa, and finally 5) I've learned to love all things in life, not just me myself and I, for if it was not for everything in life nothing would be

All I'm saying is you can't complain if you haven't tried all, and if you haven't been with me then that's not "all" is it, you can't complain about being treated like shit be by every guy that you've been with when every guy you've been with if he's a "pretty" boy, cause uh duh, he cares bout himself, yet is more insecure than you or I, therefor has to break you done to feel good. Pretty boys like Pretty girls are obviously gonna get more attention and just like yall they'll get bored too. All I'm saying is you have to open your mind, expand your horizons, think outside the box and open the freaking book, cause I'll say I've dated models and they're not all "there" if you know what i mean, and I've dated sluts, wow that never lasts long, and I don't mean I look for them, just don't know till down the road, you know, they give their number out and **** your boys...

Anyhow what I'm saying is if you don't know what you are looking for then you shouldn't be looking, it's like fishing with no lure, hunting with no scope... If you can't see whats really there and don't have the proper bait, then your probably gonna go hungry...

PEACE:modhammer:
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 2
view profile
History
do you know what you want or not?
Posted: 9/28/2009 10:42:21 PM
Hmmm Most people don't really know what they want. Yes, this online thing can really mess with a persons mind. Try not to take it to seriously. (By the way, you have beautiful eyes. The pic with the smoke might not be the best to have on here.)
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/28/2009 11:43:10 PM
I'm clear on what I don't want, but flexible on what I do.

It's like the mail filters on POF. If I set an age range of 40-53, I might omit that 54 y.o. that's just perfect for me. The distance filter gives us a choice of >75 miles or <75 miles. I'd be ruling out someone that is 80 miles away, or someone looking to relocate.

I'd rather get dealt a hand and see what cards I get first before I decide whether or not to fold.
 Boots168
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2009 11:53:37 PM

I know I do.
I want a man (note: NOT a boy!) who won't get put off by my loooooooong laundry list, is as picky as I am and yet thinks we might be compatible in our special ways!
 majyk1
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/29/2009 12:30:20 AM
{"I'm clear on what I don't want, but flexible on what I do."}

What Chances said!!
 myrgth
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2009 3:20:35 AM
I don't know what I want but I know how to get it.

As far as you whole "you shouldn't be looking" idea.. ever consider the problem is with your bait, lure, scope, etc. Your hook isn't working.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2009 4:13:39 AM
You sound just like the women who aren't getting the dates they want.
Online dating is the same as dating in person, except for requiring less gasoline, and not having to SEE people laugh at you. If you actually check, you'll find that "she said she wanted a nice guy, I'm a nice guy, but she still ignores me!" is probably the oldest gripe from guys. I'll bet there are cave wall paintings which, if properly translated, mean exactly this. Right next to them are women's paintings, saying "why does he say he wants long term when he means booty call?"
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/29/2009 10:30:05 AM
Of course I know what I want, finding it is the tricky part.
 Udahchica
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/29/2009 10:34:36 AM

I may not know what I want for lunch but when it comes to relationships I pretty much have it down but I don't reveal what they are simply because what fits one person doesn't fit another.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/29/2009 10:51:50 AM
Very good greencarrot. I agree.

OP, if there is anything you take from your thread I hope this is it. People have preferences and will act on them - including yourself. People get ignored on the pay sites too - at least here you aren't paying for the rejection.
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2009 9:45:07 PM
Yes, I do - I want a chicken parmesan sandwich.
 kreativ_contraption
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/1/2009 10:25:53 PM
your account name is toungasm.. thats perverted and off putting to a woman who is just viewing your profile for the first time and knows nothing about you....

Is that a fact? Does that make you a woman? So I suppose vibrators are offensive too?

you smoke, and it looks like weed, maybe it is hookah but doubtful, so there goes half of potentials....

Is this another fact? Are you some sorta smoke expert? There's a reason it says hooka bro, um because it is. Are you some sorta pot head? Half potentials??????

you have a backwards hat picture, or sideways rather....

Now here we go... The first fact, congratulations. Yes it is sideways, awesome observation buddy, profile explains that. Just one of my sides, one of many.

pics of you with girls has been expressed as being undesirable by many people on this forum...

Well apparently I'm not a big scanner of forums on this site, I have things I feel to be a little more educational that i research. Besides, these are my girls and would be people they meet.

you're looking for "hang out" which most girls arent interested in , it makes it look like you're just trying to get some....

Or it could mean that I'm looking to hang out dude, as in I'm looking to hang out. That's how people learn about one another, and see how each other acts in different environments and settings. Called human behavior.

those are probably the main reasons people dont reply to you....

thanks wise knowledgeable master but you have a tattoo on your "back," looks like lower, um yeah, no comment

more power to you brotha
 kreativ_contraption
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/1/2009 10:30:54 PM
Now I guess to get to the actual point of this post based on the subject, though I'm really not trying to make a point more or less trying to figure out some thought processing...
Now, over 60% of the females I have messaged were "my matches," well apparently this site is not great with matching qualities because 80% of those are unread/deleted...

You arrived at the point of your term paper 5 paragraphs too late.
Please be more succinct.
Please state your issue in the opening statement.
Please double space.
Please refrain from quoting statistics that clearly have been pulled out of your azz and not mathmatically recorded with accuracy and statistical analysis.

Oh.......have we reached the end of this semester on POF yet?????????

are you a teacher cause I don't think we're in school right now but when I need grammar correction or to write a term paper I'll get back to you, and as far as azz statistics, these are my statistic based on my mail not yours or worldwide, but mine, did you not see it says I, not we or many???
 theforumfiend
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/1/2009 10:47:55 PM
"Does that make you a woman? "

Don't be daft. Of course greencarrot is not a woman. I, on the other hand, am and had you paid attention I also agreed with him. I also went on to tell you that people have preferences. Let me get a bit deeper into that with you.

By not responding those women are letting you know that for some reason they didn't feel you are what they are looking for. Sure it would be nice to actually receive a rejection email, but experience has made many people gun shy.

I am sure you have your own set of preferences. If not I can get a whole bunch of fat old women like myself to see if you'd like to hang out with them. We can knit and read and watch TV and exchange recipes. Does that sound appealing?
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/1/2009 10:57:11 PM

Now, over 60% of the females I have messaged were " matches," well apparently this site is not great with matching qualities because 80% of those are unread/deleted...

You are probably over thinking this OP. Forget the math. For example. If you joined POF and never sent an email. Sooner or later someone would send you one and the ratio would be 100% in your favor.

Don't get worked up about it. It's just another (not the only) way to maybe meet people.

Good luck.
 RUmPsHaKER
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/2/2009 4:37:48 PM
i'm thinkin this may be your problemo.......
#####################################

added-TO truly start if you don't know what you want and can't make conversation to figure it out WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??? Now to start I'd like to say if I message you it's because I actually read your profile, not because I saw your pic, popped a bone and went to town.... (newly added, I realize you may be thinking, uh, no, this is already long, but to add if your make-up on your face is more than 1 mil thick, read no further)... if you lie to yourself to feel better and have no respect read no further, if you cant handle brutal honesty read no further, if you cant be 110% real and you live in wonderland read no further, if your fake and don't go a day w/o caking up your make up read no further, if your life means more to you than the whole world READ NO FURTHER

Because we have to spread the love and feed the earth so if your here now, here we go ...........first off, I love life so grab a track, open a browser and feel free to listen while reading....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gozkDK_vnbU

as for my pictures they are the many sides of ME....... It doesn't take much and that's messed up, because these people do a lot of simple sh*t to impress us!! that's just a quote from a song I like.. anyhow....

Quite simply I am here to meet real people, (possible friends) not bots, not fakes, just mind to mind. I'm a relatively simple man that doesn't ask for anything other than 100% honesty and that's it, be real with me and I'll give the same in return... even friendship is based on this... I know what I want and where I'm going and nobody can take that away from me, so if you want to mold a guy to be your ideal man, move on to the next profile. I'm persistent so if i message and see that you deleted but didn't respond I will probably send one more message asking why, after that i could care less, your probably shallow anyhow but if you cant even tell me to fuk off, then your not bold enough for me anyhow... if there's some thing you wanna know in particular hit me up or if you just wanna chat otherwise..

Here is a little info bout me, I'm Joshua, I'm 26, I grew up in the middle of garland with my skate board and a ratio of about 1 to 20 white/black, so I might be a little hood, not ghetto just hood, but basically a punk rock guy. My skills include fabrication, welding, hvac and more. My music varies as long as it has a beat, tells a story or delivers a message I'll give it a try, but my top band would be (hed) p.e. My hobbies include disc golf, paintball, my board and anything that keeps me athletic, I'm not here for getting in pants, but trying to find some one who will be real regardless of hurting feelings or being too nice. Fuk that! that why the truth hurts, but it can also be a beautiful thing, so if you can be 100% with me I'll give you the same respect in return, besides I'm just that blunt and even though you might have a pretty face I'd like to find out whats on the inside cause that can make a beautiful person ugly as can be, needless to say i dated a couple models for about 2 weeks and despised them both... My family comes first, blood then select others, I'm not a big religious person but my faith is important and very strong... oh and i have magical fingers(massaging, clean your mind)

So anyhow if this sparks your interest hit me up if not cool, tell me to piss off, no thanks, not interested, whatever, I'm a big boy i can handle that... i wont reply with sum message bout crying why or being a complete douche, I'll be on man on go on..... communication is foundation.... with that being said if your a female who isn't really sure bout what you really want don't waste my time and I'm sorry for wasting yours, don't put 3 lines about yourself and then deny a guy a yes or no, how is he supposed to get an idea of whats going on, or who you are. We're not mind readers just human, and for goodness sakes if a "decent" guy has the courage to message be a lady bout it and tell him, hey lets talk about it or sorry not what I'm looking for, cause as a man i can assure you 90% of us would much rather hear sorry, instead of nothing, only to check his message he sent and see it was read or unread and deleted, that's crap....

And don't put I'm probably the sweetest person you'll ever meet and not reply at all, not very sweet. So if your looking for something, express that, if not expect everyone and everything to message you especially if you got hot pics up cause let face it, it is a face before a mind. I'm just saying ladies if you keep going after abercrombie gucci guys, (and i can point you out, Ive even messaged a couple of you and guess what...) that's exactly what your gonna get, a pretty face, no brain, and treatment like that of a new pet, loved cuddled and cared for until a newer, cuter, diff pet comes along and then your put up for adoption.... So if your in to name tags move on, I don't care who you are you'll never find what your looking for if you don't turn the first page. With that being said if you message me i will reply regardless, so be warned i am very blunt, and if i happen to message you and you cant even be bold enough to tell me sorry, blah blah blah, whatever, then your not the one anyhow. piss off, and I'm sure you'll find the perfect jerk, best of luck to ya, cause most of these posts are "oh i want a sweet guy to treat me right yada yada yada", well goodness you'll never find that if you don't explore or ask a question? You see, more than half of you women on here are beautiful and have probably had that chance of a prince charming, but didn't even know it cause his shirt wasn't polo, he didn't have his shirt off, or his car wasn't a vette, or his hair wasn't fixed right.... I hate to remind ya but your not all beautiful 100% of the time, in fact 90% of you wouldn't even leave the house if it wasn't for make up, because sadly sum of you are so obsessed with materials that its no wonder that you never see a soul, why your on a constant hunt. That's all i have to say for now, if I went on I wouldn't stop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo-OfQ3VQWw

This song will say a lot about how this all makes me feel.... the last chick i dated was 2 months prego, had an abortion, told me it was a miscarriage, and then asked if we could try again.... you know it never really occurred to me just how fuct up females could be until then, so now that ive shared this very personal fact, have no sympathy, but if you think you might be like this... think about it, really think about it theres more than just you... now there are 3.... and finally, kinda how i feel bout females... no offense but thanks and peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCOnuMesAwM

thats just my opinion love isn't love if you didn't hurt someone.
 PiggyT
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/2/2009 5:03:53 PM
Just lookin for another pig......
 PiggyT
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/2/2009 5:09:09 PM
^^^ Would you settle for a mature Patronly Pig? 20/20 or 40 lbs overweight??
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/19/2010 12:15:31 AM
What you smokin' in dat hooka, Willis?
One month and you haven't found true love yet, now the rest of us have to put up with your somewhat less than pithy banter.
Maybe it's your attitude, or maybe it's your unconventional looks.

[All I'm saying is you can't complain if you haven't tried all...]
Maybe you should follow your own advice.
 forums1
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/19/2010 4:15:39 AM

Foolishness is assuming that just because you can send a female an email means that she'll necessarily be as interested in you.

But, but... c'mon ladies, you can't *possibly* know what you want, because after all his overblown ego *knows* he's "all that and a cup of tea", and his inbox should be flooded with replies from you wanting such a prime piece of 'manhood'!!

So basically, simplifying your math here - 80% of them are 'unread/deleted' whether they are your 'matches' or not. I'll agree that the 'matches' thing is worthless on here, but in essence what you are saying is 1-in-5 women might actually read your mail and reply (20%). Hey, welcome to *real life*, where not every woman in the world is going to like you, how you present yourself, and is going to ignore you. Unless "in real life" you have 100% of the women you meet falling all over themselves over you... I might guess that its not all that different than what you get in said real life (ie, 4 of 5 women you meet aren't really interested in you, 1 in 5 might be - and from there who knows what you get).
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/19/2010 9:58:05 AM

I think if I got one from a "toungasm", I might not waste my time and just delete.

Doooooood are you serious?
That's like expecting a woman to be flattered by a tongue flipping 90 miles an hour at her out of your window at a stop light FFS.

Fix your user name and get a profile review..it's not like you look weird ..

Then read her profile and say something about it showing some respect and wit.

Even a slut doesn't like being called a slut first thing. GEEZ..

Just seeing your user name and you having the nerve to message a woman indicates you think she wants to get skanky with you IMO..Grow up!!

YES................most definitely.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > do you know what you want or not?