Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 simplemee
Msg: 105
Why do girls go for a**holes?Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
yep! you are so right i have seen these cases so many times. and i just think came to the conclusion that, most girls are just waiting for a miracle, expecting the guy to change. Ladies… make yourself a favor and don’t let this happen to you and if for some reason you still do, don’t blame the guy for being such a jerk. Cuz is not his fault is yours.
 english lass
Msg: 109
Why do girls go for a**holes?
Posted: 11/13/2008 11:53:02 AM
yeah you're right, all females are stupid as hell and not worth your time

...feel better now?

(btw. note what you, yourself, has said - you ask because of your current situation - it's pertinent to You, to Your situation - to that particular woman you're with... and maybe she just likes his personality better, or he touches her more deeply (not just physically either ;))...could be a myriad of reasons, but i really don't think, that unless she's a masochist, with some psychological kinks, that it's because she wants to be treated badly...)
 yna6
Msg: 118
Why Do girls go for Bad Boys
Posted: 11/19/2008 6:00:08 AM
"Bad boys" seem to have a bit of a reputation for being "aloha" types...until they actually hit problems, or run up against a real male...women like that first imression. Of course women thnk "I can change him!" thinking they will old him into the type of partner they would actually like to have...but not knowing that a person doesn't change for someone else, they ALWAYS change for themsleves. Besides...the women accepted these guys just the way they are, therefore they do not feel any need to change.
So, these women get exactly what they wanted...a "boy".

MFP...we don't...remember, that in some people's opinions, those same "b*tch*s" are actually good people...some are nice, have values that are compatible, etc, etc. If some are really mean, maybe the guy likes being controlled a bit and is actually looking for "mommy". (mmm...booobs...it does have its points!)
 scorpiomover
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2008 9:19:58 AM
"Why is it when a guy treats a girl like sh*t, she stays with him, but when a guy treats her like a queen, she leaves?"

Because in her mind, no-one would treat her nicely, unless he is a doormat.

Score 500 for low self-esteem.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/26/2008 5:33:07 AM
Perhap because bad boys are not alway a jerk as the rejected person want to think. Is common to make person with the woman you want into a villian when they true is they are a great person.

Is true that people can date bad people but the opinion of a broken heart person is not alway the best.
 MahraAnn
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2009 10:25:06 PM
I suppose in my own personal life I tend to be attracted to "damaged" people. I don't really know why that is, but they do seem to be the "bad boys". *sigh* I guess I'm just weird.
 :
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2009 10:40:31 PM
It isn’t so much that girls go for bad boys, it is that boys with girl experience, eventually get callous, Women teach us to be mean.

...there is that line to that song "the more i treat you bad the more it makes you want to stay..."

That and having broken up with girls who called me both “too nice” and “too mean” which do you think feels better, and makes it easier to leave?
 SAguy_06
Msg: 130
Posted: 7/20/2009 11:17:55 AM

Women teach us to be mean.

Its kinda like the guy that cllimbed over 10 good threads to get to this one...
 barbee1970
Msg: 131
Posted: 7/20/2009 3:09:43 PM
Why do men lie to be p-whipped by domineering women. I have seen seemingly macho men act like a whipped pup with his tail between his legs when the ol lady calls.

I am nice and I get passed up or left waiting at home all day by no show guys. Sorry I'm not aggressive enough, it's not my nature to be a biotch.
 barbee1970
Msg: 132
Posted: 7/20/2009 3:15:42 PM
There's no smoke without a fire;
There's no heat without a flame;
There's no love without desire;

BUT I WON'T PLAY THEIR GAMES!!!

(please don't ask me why)
 jadegreen
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2009 3:28:14 PM
Maybe for the same reason that guys go for the same ole manipulative witches time and time again...Maybe b/c they haven't learned their life lessons well enough yet? If you are sitting around wondering why someone else does something are you really living life yourself? I think it has been said on prior threads that ladies don't want someone that is "overly nice" . We are looking for something in the middle...We don't want a guy that let's us walk all over them that is too nice and we really don't want the bad boys either...Can't we find some middle ground?
 barbee1970
Msg: 134
Posted: 7/20/2009 8:53:34 PM
Ever see a man take a backseat to a DOG? I think that is how whipped some men are.

My late friend definitely wore the pants although she never worked. She always got her way. So vice versa a woman who is more domineering gets the man.

Men seem to like aggressive women.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 10:54:30 AM
It's because it's sex with NSA. Several woman per "bad boy" - he gets all the sex he wants with out comittment and the women can say he is their boyfriend if anyone attempts to ask her out - she decides who she hooks up with / no losers, mingers, freaks, stalkers or creeps.

OldSkoolChris
Msg: 138
Posted: 8/28/2009 7:53:36 PM
If someone likes the challenge of a bad boy, fine, just DO NOT SAY that you're not into games. Because then you are lying to yourself.

Someone who's into the bad boy doesn't treat the act of dating like a game. Instead they see the potential person of interest AS a game. Because they are window-shopping for something challenging and loads of replay value, even if they occasionally get their ass kicked or feel like the "game" is playing a bit cheaply.

Bad boys are pretty much an area of interest in the same context that hobbies are areas of interest. Not everyone is into bad boys.

Only "bad girls" would show a bias towards bad boys.
Similarly, women who are baseball fans would prefer other baseball guys.
People with an interest in jazz music would prefer to hook up with other jazz enthusiasts.

Get it?

This is not to say that most people absolutely must want similar interests to match. They just keep it as a high priority.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 10:43:25 PM

Only "bad girls" would show a bias towards bad boys.

What's the harm any way you look at it?

The Bad Boy gets all the Sex he can handle.

The Women get NSA Sex in return and the ablilty to say they have a boyfriend and are in a relationship - when the LOSERS, CREEPS, MINGERS, STALKERS ask them out.

Here is the problem - the Bad Boy will not go past the Sex Only relationship and will be a lifetime bachelor until or if they decide to marry the one they want.

The Women get a false sense of what a relationship is and what normal average people look like and are. Usually complaining where are all the "Real Men" are and they are surrounded by Mingers.

So take your pick. Either its a good thing or a bad thing. The Bad Boy wins, the women lose in the long run.

Meanwhile the rest of us have to wait in patience, knowing something and learning what to see when we meet the right person.

Taztiger72
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Why do girls go for Bad-Boy, Macho-slob a**holes?
Posted: 8/31/2009 5:02:13 PM
It wouldn't make too much sense for nature to cause women to desire the dead ones over the survivors/ultimate (assumed) providers for their progeny.

If that were the case there would be no White or Asian people left in your world.....

If you don't believe me, re-read through this thread and notice how almost every post from a self-identified "nice guy" has a bit of hostility towards women for liking the "bad" boys.

I am not a Goody too shoes or a Bad Boy - just look at my posting - I don't let people stereotype me - and I have no hostility towards women doing what ever and who ever they want I don't know 99.9% of the Women in the world - it's their choice.

Like I said, I know a guy who doesn't pay his utility bills, lives in the dark, barely pays his rent, gets blitzed ever night, works for his father , has a outright negative attatude towards women, is mysogonistic personality, is narcissistic, has no personality whatsover, the biggest bull$h!tter that ever live (doesn't even have the capacity to say he is wrong.) But the ladies love the man they can't get enough of him in fact at times he has 4-5 women sleeping with him in the Dark (It's cool, just like camping - he's a real man.)

So I ask again what is it?
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 144
Posted: 6/3/2011 1:10:12 PM
Maybe POF should include among its questions if the guy willingly paid his child support, if he was ever in prison, if he has anger issues, if he can hold a job, or if he drinks and drugs constantly. It could also contain questions for women like for how many years did you put up with the beatings? How many years did you put up with him not working? Maybe a few others like do you believe a nice guy is some wimpy doormat? Do you prefer a guy that won't be there for you, but out with his buds partying while you sit at home? Do you prefer a guy that has spent time in prison vs. college? Do you prefer a guy that plays video games over a guy earning a living? Then we could dismiss those that are not looking for someone that is supportive. Those that are the bad guys could then find and be found by those that lack any inner self worth.
 daynadaze
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2011 4:16:06 PM
Let's bring it down to the basics, dysfunctional people attract dysfunctional people. While once in a while you may be an actual victim, for the most part someone seeking the same dysfunctional relationships is doing so on purpose whether they are aware of it or not. Sane, stable, people looking for a good stable relationship, don't keep ending up with bad boys or psycho girls. As is the usual, when your life is always crap, look st the common denominator, there's your problem.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/3/2011 7:10:24 PM

Let's bring it down to the basics, dysfunctional people attract dysfunctional people. While once in a while you may be an actual victim, for the most part someone seeking the same dysfunctional relationships is doing so on purpose whether they are aware of it or not. Sane, stable, people looking for a good stable relationship, don't keep ending up with bad boys or psycho girls. As is the usual, when your life is always crap, look st the common denominator, there's your problem.

Wholeheartedly agree.

If nice guys Or any guy) find the women they are always attracted to are chasing bad boys...then those are not 'nice girls'. Your picker is broken same as the gals.

Nowadays I feel like this should be a red flag-if a man says he has always dated women who prefer bad boys, I should toss him into the bin. Hes gonna find me boring as I am nice, stable and pretty routine and cannot offer him his required dose of emotional drama- he will get bored and hook up with someone who has lots and lots of loose ends in life and needs fixing. I wish I had this knowledge alot sooner.
 matchlight
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2011 8:08:47 PM
Terms like that get thrown around a lot, but I'm not sure there's much consensus on what they mean. I'm sure to some woman, a violent felon doing a long stretch in the state pen is just a "bad boy," if she has a thing for him. And to other women, a guy probably qualifies if he's ever had too much to drink or used four-letter words.

I don't think most normal women want to be around an a-hole all the time. But that doesn't mean they want--or could trust--a little goody-twoshoes who's always fawning over them, either. Somewhere in there is a happy medium.
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 148
Posted: 6/10/2011 8:00:11 AM
The point that some of us are trying to make in this posting and in related blogs is that it appears that most women prefer the bad boys. Since some of us believe that these women constitute a majority of women while the bad boys are only a minority of the men the odds are stacked against the guy that goes to work everyday, helps around the house, spends time with the children, treats his wife with the respect she deserves, is never abusive toward her, doesn't spend more times with his friends then he does with his wife, ... there is more but many will understand what I am stating.
 nipoleon
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2011 12:33:24 PM
The question isn't why do good girls like bad boys.
Of course they do, they always have.

The question we should be asking is....... do bad girls like good boys ?
At this stage in life, I find that much more interesting.
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 151
Posted: 6/13/2011 6:00:52 AM
Not correct. A nice guy arrives home and would ask his SO where she wants to eat out that evening. A bad boy arrives home and beats the crap out of her because she hadn't cooked anything.

A nice guy does surprise his SO with gifts, cards, and flowers. A bad boy surprises her by passing his urine test at his probation office for the first time in three years.

A nice guy takes his SO to see the movie she wants to see. A bad boy leaves her at home and hangs out with his friends.

A nice guy will compliment her on her appearance. A bad boy will gripe that she is fat, or getting old. or doesn't have what it takes to work at the strip club he frequents.

A nice guy will get up in the middle of the night in the middle of a blizzard to go get her whatever she may need from the drug store. The bad boy will make her go in the same blizzard to get him more beer.

A nice guy will make certain her car is in good working order. The bad boy will use her car because his doesn't have gas and he is waiting on her to get her next paycheck to give him the funds to buy his gas.

Should I go on???
 jasonsgt
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2011 6:41:06 AM
My guess is its because these women see 'nice' guys as being boring and predictable.
These women want the challenge of trying to tame the wild beast all while feeding off the drama that surrounds him. They hold themself in high esteem(in their own mind) because they know the 'aura' that surrounds being in the arm of a 'bad boy', and they think that will place them at the top of the totem pole in regards to other women.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >