Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr.B3D
Msg: 154
Why Do girls go for Bad BoysPage 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
People in general are pretty s**ty no need to take it out on one gender when they all suck it one way or another.

Speculate on the type of girl OP is speaking of, hmm, na,
 Casper66
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Why Do girls go for Bad Boys
Posted: 6/15/2011 12:51:09 PM
Agree with Daynadaze, they seem to be addicted to the drama and it isn't gender specific, I've seen some guys friends constantly pick the nasty women who treat them like crap, they finally breakup and the next one turns out the same way. You have no control over what other people do or how they choose to live their lives, if they pick that bad boy over you, then move on, they are not the person for you, besides is that really the type of person you want to be involved with.
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 156
Posted: 6/17/2011 7:01:50 AM
Again, it appears that more women want a bad boy then there are bad boys to go around. There are a number of postings on POF that attest to women wanting the bad boy and elsewhere. A nice guy attempts to meet someone that believes he is a wimp because he doesn't physically and mentality abuse women and his rejected. Throw into the fray women that are only used to being with the bad boy type who may on occasion date a nice guy. She doesn't know how to behave with a guy that may care for her in a constructive manner. She may act like a bltch toward the nice guy since that has become the temperament she has embraced with her years with the bad boy.

Let POF ask the question for our profiles: Are you seeking a bad boy? Please mark off what criteria you are willing to accept from a bad boy: 1) Physical abuse. 2) How often? 3) Verbal abuse. 4) How often? 5) Drinking/drugging. 6) How often? 7) Not doing jack adound the house. 8) Spending more time with his buddies then with you. 9) Not working. 10) How many months?

I'm certain the ladies that aren't looking for the nice guy may be able to add to the criteria.
 Dreamer_in_SC
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/17/2011 9:50:05 AM
Seems to be many different thoughts as to what bad boy means. I think the farthest from the truth would be someone that thinks a bad boy is the baby type of guy.

I think what most women see as the bad boy type is not easily manipulated. A strong willed woman can not enjoy life with a pansy yes dear type all the time. From what i have noticed in the forums is many that attempt to go for those nice guys realize very quickly that life becomes boring.

Predictability seems to shine through. Many women i have known that have and/do consider me the bad boy type say it is the unpredictability that is attractive.

It tends to make life more interesting when you are with someone who has flaws and knows that they have flaws that instead of hiding those flaws, embraces them.

Bad boy does not mean criminal. It simply means an attitude around them that is recognizable. In my past it has been Teachers, Doctors, Nurses, and accountants that seem to be attracted to me the most.

Bad boy does NOT mean abusive personality. It does not even mean conversationalist. What Bad boy more than likely refers to would be a slight attitude around them that allows it to be known if you attempt to step on them then you should also expect to have a sore foot for attempting it.

The Bad boy persona is basically a defensive stance through life which is why most people generally consider police officers, military, firemen, or in some cases bikers as the bad boy types.
 Unfergetable
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2011 1:09:39 PM
Weeeel, (I'll probably get kicked out of the girls club for this) Most women will say they are exciting...blah,blah, blah but the real truth is that a lot of women (not ALL) need to feel like the martyr in the relationship. They KNOW that the guy is a certain way from the beginning...but it allows them to be able to say "I do all this for YOU and you can't even do ONE little thing for me?" In a relationship with a NICE guy for example, the relationship would be on more equal footing and they wouldn't be able to say that...But well it's like the old joke about the maiden who picks up the scorpion..."You KNEW I was poison when you picked me up!"

BigBadNIrish
Msg: 161
Posted: 6/21/2011 1:41:32 PM
For those of you addressing the OP...uhh...I hate to tell you, but thaqt badboy left the POF building a frickin half dozen years ago...he ain't reading your post....he don't care.
 CharminC
Msg: 162
Posted: 6/25/2011 8:16:04 AM

Why is it when a guy treats a girl like sh*t, she stays with him, but when a guy treats her like a queen, she leaves?
I'm to the point where I think SOME girls are just stupid as h*ll

stupid would be correct

sidenote; I've included the word 'some' simply because some of us aren't so stupid
or
a lesson was learned

As for the men who asks this question that seems to be from 'The book of eternal questions that gets a thousand answers but still always asked', try getting answers by looking within instead of looking to ask others.
imho
 want to travel
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2011 9:21:05 AM
girls do, women don't
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 165
Posted: 7/10/2011 8:59:36 AM
There was a confident guy in Grand Rapids that was the take charge type. Of course he killed himself the other day after taking out a couple of former girl friends and some of their families. Guess the guy that hadn't spent time in prison and had several PPO's taken out against him didn't stand a chance.

The women could have found out very readily about his past on the the internet. They either choose to ignore what he had done prior or didn't care. After all he was the non-boring guy. You know the boring guy; the guy that pays his taxes, has a job, owns his own home, owns his car, earned an education, respects the woman in his life, treats her with kindness, donates his time, money and resouces to the less advantage.

Guess it is better to die a non-boring life than to live at all.
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 167
Posted: 7/15/2011 11:49:41 AM
Love Transcends Prison Walls
Dominick Maldonado shot 7 people in a Tacoma mall and got a 163-year sentence. But that didn't stop him from meeting his soul mate.

He must have asked her how much space she needed!
 want to travel
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Why do girls go for a**holes?
Posted: 7/24/2012 10:50:53 AM
good boy bore the shi t out of them, thats why!!!
 CharminC
Msg: 169
Posted: 7/24/2012 11:05:01 AM
good boy bore the shi t out of them, thats why!!!

*nods in agreement
 MsMicki
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2012 8:14:22 PM
I'd love to see a realistic description of these "bad boys" you men are referring to!!

I've seen everything from abusers to dead beat dads used in this thread!!
Huge difference between what most of us women consider a "bad boy" and what you mean think, quite obviously!!
 wont_leave_the_seat_up
Msg: 171
Posted: 9/7/2012 9:46:15 PM
This is very true,although a woman would never admit to it..Doing so would mean being held accountable for hers and his actions to family and friends,biggest copouts for this are..He is having a bad day..He is just tired and cranky today!
The past couple weeks I have read 100's of profiles and the are all generally the same..

My name is Sally..I am looking for a man who is honest,faithful,trustworthy and kind,must like kids!

If there were to be any honesty in theses profiles,they would read like this..
My name is Sally,I am looking for a man that can teach my kids how to be seen and not heard,to take away any hopes,dreams and opinions that they may have. I am looking forward to spending time with that special someone by holding hands on the way to the bank so I can hand over my paycheck for a night out with the fellas,while i sit home with the kids,watch tv and stare at Facebook..I would stay up late and wait for him,because a drunk driver might run him over as he is stumbling across the street from the bar to his truck..Quality time would consist of him following me around while i run the errands and do all the shopping,to make sure i don't respond to the guy at the register when he asks "paper or plastic,ma'am?" Must care enough about me to know every move I make and must have the patients to wait outside the bathroom door while I do my buisiness to make sure I dont climb out the bathroom window for an orgy in an alley downtown..Last but not least,he must always accuse me of lying and must waterboard me and stab toothpicks under my toenails for the truth! Why? Because I love him!

Outsiders looking in,see the truth..If you show any type of kindness or feelings,you are labeled as weak..So either women don't want anything to do with you or worse,They take advantage of you!
The moral of the story is "NICE GUYS FINISH LAST" we have all heard it a million times..It is what we grow up hearing,so much that we believe it..even at a subconscious level!
 SpaceTimeLight
Msg: 172
Posted: 9/8/2012 5:56:20 AM
Here is the hard fact: women will always want the guy who gets the heart racing.

A woman can be married 30 years, but if some guy comes along who can whip her head around, the rest of her body is going to follow.

You can forget all the advice about finding the "right" woman. Instead, learn to have a bit of an edge yourself. Don't always be so "understood".

I have now some women and some pandering men attacking me for posting some out of the main ideas, but, as much as some of these women are saying I'm "trash", I bet I can get the majority into bed later that night. (Most I would not want to).

So, it's an act. Learn to be an actor. Or let your true masculine self come through and see if that works, and it will, no matter what the dudes on here say about women wanting a sensitive guy. They got enough girlfriends. They do not need another one with no boobs.
 fuzzywuzzywuzzabear
Msg: 173
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:23:19 AM
i agree ^^^^^

you've got to have your edge on.

show a woman a good time, don't be afraid to skirt to the border of the law, have drinks in your car, take em to a nudist camp or a strip club and even jump into the mosh and invite her in with you for a short while (don't want to get her hurt).

give her some analingus or bang her in the cemetery.

do something with them that they've never done with a man before. but above all be a man.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2012 11:26:06 PM
(OP) This old question has a simple answer - Girls don't all do this or that. Girls who go for bad boys are idiots, per a certain defintion of bad boy, whereas there is more than one thing referred to by the term bad boy (this term is used in too many different ways). If you learn how to not associate with the girls who go for bad boys, you'll find a quality woman, a wholy different world.
 Poloboy214
Msg: 177
Posted: 9/11/2012 7:42:04 AM
Becaue we not push overs
 _gjetost
Msg: 178
Posted: 9/27/2012 10:39:34 AM

Why is it when a guy treats a girl like sh*t, she stays with him, but when a guy treats her like a queen, she leaves?

It's been said that good boys/good girls go to heaven, while bad boys/bad girls go everywhere else.

As has been pointed out, if nothing else they usually are not boring. Some people don't like to be bored. Anything but boring. The thing is people expect the baddie to be bad with everyone but them. That's the rub. Why would you expect a tiger to change it's stripes just for you?

Others prefer someone who isn't the bad boy but has a bit of edge to them and see them as an angel with a scruffy face.

Others are completely content with a relatively mundane lifestyle.

Pick what you want, but choose wisely because you may well get what you wanted.
 ArticLife
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2012 3:02:44 AM
I think this applies more to younger women, and on that token, it's not too complicated. I find young women tend to define themselves based upon who they are with. Being with a guy is more of a necessity for them. For their life to be complete. For them to be satisfied and happy.

Another issue is, quite frankly, young girls don't really seem to have fun on their own.

When I look for a girl to date, I want someone to care for. I don't mind if she's normal, safe, intelligent, clean, etc..

A bad boy is exciting and hard to predict, so if a girl is bored with her life and a "bad boy" comes along, she will be very tempted to accept the ride..

Just a theory and a generalization, obviously it does not apply to everyone.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 180
Posted: 10/6/2012 7:12:29 AM

A woman can be married 30 years, but if some guy comes along who can whip her head around, the rest of her body is going to follow.

er, probably applies to the majority of men as well? can be married for 30 years (or any time) but if a woman comes along...

or are all men "faithful for life" ?

yeah, riiighht.....my own father was a whore-master so I saw it first-hand
 daynadaze
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2012 4:40:35 PM
^^^that would all depend on what turns a person on. Not everyone is excited by some one treating them badly or ending up looking like a fool. The fact is, if a person likes that sort of treatment they are going to look for it and the 'nice' person who doesn't understand it needs to look more closely at what is attracting them to someone who is looking for the 'bad' type. It's just as dysfunctional to seek those who don't want you as it is to go around wondering why some people do some things and you think they should change for you. Why so much need to get that woman who's not at all attracted to you? Figure out that issue and work on it and you will no longer chase the opposite of what you say you want.
 supremejobi
Msg: 182
Posted: 10/7/2012 4:43:25 PM
Because they are confused.They think they can change the bad boy.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >