Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do people REALLY Hate Ohio and Ohioans?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SAguy_06
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Why do people REALLY Hate Ohio and Ohioans?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Your potatoes suck.

Isnt that IdaHO?...with the potatos...no "E" dan Quayle

i dont like spaghetti sauce that taste like chili...

The Ohio Players rock
 totsss
Msg: 39
Why do people REALLY Hate Ohio and Ohioans?
Posted: 1/11/2010 9:49:39 PM
i agree with that one. its the same in massillon and alliance. they dont even need evidence and they will throw u in the slammer for a few years just on hear-say.

you have to watch out for the state highway patrol. those sneaky **stards...

but other than that, i have lived in ohio my whole life, and i dont mind it at all. its pretty much like any other state...there are all kinds of people. different personalities, religions, ways of thinking, etc...

we also do NOT look down on the amish. everyone should actually look Up to them, they do things with no electricity, and the things they make last for a very long time. plus their food is delicious!
 renoirs_dream
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2010 11:15:26 PM
I'm from Texas... I think people from Ohio are some of the most friendliest and best people in the USA.

Think of it... Dean Martin was from Steubenville.

Nice, Nice people....
 RSwindol
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2010 4:11:30 AM

LOL! They DID? Was he related to "Kenny"?

And she asks why people hate Ohioans. Just kidding.

Actually, I didn't realize people hated Ohioans. My Grandparents live in Barberton and my Aunt in Cleveland. They are sweet people and I would hate to know that they were disliked just because of the state they lived in.

An an afterthought, isn't Ohio where that crazy woman walked into a Burlington coat factory and said she had just won the lottory and would buy everyone's crap? That was so stupid on many levels that even I lost some respect for Ohio. I mean, I understand that the woman was mentally ill. But it's not that lady that I'm truly dissapointed in, but all of the people who believed her. There should have been far too many red flags for anyone to take here seriously. Here are a few.
1. She was in a rented limo (the contact informaion was on the side of the limo)
2. Of all the places available for a lotto winner to buy people crap, why a Burlington Coar Factory?
3. The woman offered no proof at all that she was a lottory winner. No news clipping. Nothing.
4. SHE WAS IN A RENTED FREAKIN' LIMO!!!
 totsss
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/12/2010 7:34:59 AM

An an afterthought, isn't Ohio where that crazy woman walked into a Burlington coat factory and said she had just won the lottory and would buy everyone's crap?

yes, that happened here, but there are crazy people everywhere trying to get away with crap. in this case, yes, she was in a rented limo and they didnt put 2 and 2 together. please dont think everyone in this state is that stupid. lol!
 carterscutie85
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/12/2010 12:32:21 PM
Maybe people hate Ohio because the legal system is BACKWARDS here and our county prosecutor couldn't see a lie if it bit her in the ass.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/14/2010 12:10:21 AM
I didnt know I hated Ohio until you ketyed me into it

Being in Seattle, I dont really care for the Californians, because of what they typically did to the real estate market here. But now that its all in a crapper everywhere... well I can tolerate the Californias; just as long as they are tourists and not transplants.
 totsss
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/16/2010 8:48:59 AM

Not a place to put down new roots. Rural, poor, boring, and becoming shabby and trashy

speak for yourself, bud. maybe its like that in pennsylvania, but its not like that in ohio. this is a good place to put down your roots. that is, if u like nice people, good food, and lots of fun!
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2010 10:10:32 AM
WOW!!! LOL! I'd forgotten that I even started this thread! Great comments all! Honestly though, it was due to some very vehement assertions from ONE Texas resident who actually believed that EVERONE else in the country hates Texans (is jealous of them) that I thought I'd see if Ohioans felt as "discriminated against"...or if there actually were other states that considered us significant enough to even think about!

LOL! I especially like those who keep confusing us with Idaho and Iowa!!!!

Not a place to put down new roots.
Yeah, I'd kinda have to agree with you there.

here is an aged population and a general stagnation just about anyplace in the old Rust Belt region. As well as socioeconomic decline. I think the current economic depression will kill off what's left of a lot of the smaller towns and cities. If that doesn't do it, the death of the WWII generation and leading edge of the baby boomers will. Those two groups are who has the money and what drives much the economy in the Rust Belt. When they go, their money goes to their heirs who live out of state.
LOL! Now that definitely has a lot of truth in it!!!! Fortunately, I'm one of those leading edge babyboomers with the money.....and you're also right....there are few opportunities left here for my grandchildren so I'm sure when they're grown they too will leave.

HOWEVER....because of the economic depression here, prices WILL fall....thus keeping it very affordable for us retirees!!! I'm looking to build or buy a new home....and I'm looking in some very rural areas that I would have NEVER considered before retirement...because they were just too far away from work. Now that I don't have to commute to work daily....it seems to make perfect sense to stay right here!

WOW! That's a great idea NotNative! Ohio and Michigan could be come the "new south", full of Blue Hair....Senior Citizen communities! LOL! No jobs, but plenty of Bingo Halls and Health Clubs! I LIKE IT already!
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/26/2010 6:44:15 PM
BooBoo, you need to move to the Burgh and party with me - you are a happenin' gal and this is where it's happenin'!
 Got Trance
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/26/2010 6:52:50 PM
Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol

Stop with the LOL's. That's why I HATE Ohio
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2010 7:19:06 PM
Stop with the LOL's. That's why I HATE Ohio
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Is THAT better Trance? Ya party pooper you!

Hey Vixen....I'm not that far from Pittsburgh actually!!! I'll have to check out your POF parties! I've already offended most of Ohio...and am now working on large portions of Texas!!! LOL!
 komodo
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2010 4:42:29 PM

Was he related to "Kenny"?

no, John Ross Ewing, Jr.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/27/2010 6:58:25 PM

Hey Vixen....I'm not that far from Pittsburgh actually!!! I'll have to check out your POF parties!

Hey, I'm up for that - there's a joint party coming up soon. It would be a hoot if we both went. And you have a truck and everything. You rock!
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 2:31:41 PM
I get a real tingle out of living in Ohio myself. Ohio bashing is something we Ohioans do on the cold winter nights to generate heat. An added plus is that I live in Toledo. Everyone knows that Toledo is like the "Rodney Dangerfield" of Ohio cities. A gritty town Toledo. It does'nt grow on you, it becomes embedded in you....Gotta love Ohio Though....
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/8/2011 7:35:46 PM
I have no opinions on Ohioans.

but as to folks not liking Texans....
that is just envy.

I mean if you're dumb and from New York,
you are just a loser.
But if you are dumb and from Texas you can be President.
:-P
 matchlight
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 7:39:06 PM
Having been born and raised in the Golden State, I always recognized that there were other states. I mean, in the sense we had to learn where they were, what their capitals were, and so on. And every year a bunch of people from one or the other of them would come to Pasadena to cheer their team on in the Rose Bowl.

But hate them? Never. Except for what we had to learn about those other places in school, we Californians never spent the time even to think about them and their people, let alone to hate them. I guess we just never thought they were important enough to bother.
 cotter
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 7:53:34 PM
I'm from Ohio and I can't stand the way people drive here. They drive like fvcking idiots and are a total embarrassment out of state (as well as in state) ... most especially in the mountains.

They have no clue how to drive up a hill much less a steep mountain. They wait until they're right on the bumper of the slow car (or truck) in front of them and then going 1/2 the posted speed limit, they pull over into the passing lane with absolutely no regard whatsoever for the other approaching vehicles actually going the speed limit.

It's as if they are totally oblivious to any other vehicle on the road and just don't care if they put others out. I'm used to it and know to anticipate it when out on the road ... out of state as well. But I feel really sorry for others.
 Artful22
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/8/2011 10:15:11 PM
Have they painted driving lanes on that Lakeshore in Cleveland yet? Could explain why drivers are bad, learning to drive on that thing. I remember the roads being terrible. I was born and grew up there and left as soon as I could at 21.

Cleveland used to be a great live music town but I have no idea what it is like now. I remember Eric Carmen and the Raspberries back in the day and wish I could forget the experience. Has anyone mentioned Chrissie Hynde yet? There are leafy beautiful neighbourhoods throughout the state, although it was very right wing and insular growing up in a 60s suburb. Lots of universities and colleges, something like 80 of them in the state at one time.

I would return to Ohio before some other states I've had the displeasure of visiting. Sorry but Texas was one of them, and so was Missouri. The only thing I miss about Ohio is the family cottage at Chippewa Lake half way between Akron and Cleveland.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/9/2011 1:23:05 PM
I have nothing good to say about Texas because I have driven the north highways a few times,and didn't enjoy myself much. Could have been worse. It was real windy.
The WORST pizza I ever had was traveling through Indiana, they copied a photo of a pizza, and it tasted about like cardboard too.
I lived in Connecticut for about 11 years, and a guy on the radio said that when you buy an old car, the one part that always works is the turn signal, because it never got used!!
I broke down once crossing Ohio, and a guy at a junkyard tried hard to get me going, so I have no bad things to say about Ohio.
In California, if you don't speak Spanish, better to stay home.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2011 2:17:42 PM
I've never even HEARD that everyone hates Ohio ...

it has long been my impression that there are a LOT of people in Oregon who hate Californians ... if you're driving in Oregon with California plates, people practically spit on you just BECAUSE you're a Californian ... so, of course, the Californians I know don't much like that type of redneck hating Oregon folks in retaliation!!!

I don't hate Texans either ... I've never MET them ALL so how could I?

sorry about what "the Californians" did to the Washington real estate ... I don't know how all many millions of us DID ANYTHING to Washington ... I'm guessing the comments had to do with a select GROUP of Californians ...

when someone picks any GROUP to hate ... that says tons about the hater and very little about the hatee ...
 vnufall
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/10/2011 9:51:41 AM
i don't hate ohio, just ohio state....
 cotter
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2011 11:18:11 AM
^^^^
You're forgiven! You're pretty much obligated ... right?
 PragmaticDoc
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/12/2011 12:09:41 PM
How come everytime I drive through Ohio i get a ticket but there are a thousand people around me driving like retarded monkeys huffing redi-whip? Never gotten a ticket in any other state. Between that and Ohio State I would vote for removing it from the Union and donating it to Ireland, they need some good farm land.
 Artful22
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/12/2011 12:15:52 PM
Well PragmaticDoc, there are a lot of Irish in Cleveland who may agree with you.

I never realized how much farm land there is in Ohio until I was older and ventured out of the city. There is a vast difference between northern and southern Ohio but rolling hills at least through much of the state, not the flat plains further west where I could never live.

If I ever move back to the States I can't see living anywhere other than New England or California/Pacific NW.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do people REALLY Hate Ohio and Ohioans?