Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Gold-digger is just a term men invented to      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sammylg
Msg: 226
Gold Digger is becoming more an excuse.Page 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
The term gold-digger is becoming more of an extinct term anyway. It is us men that becoming the underachievers in relationships!

"It's been dubbed "The Rise of Wives" — an increasingly common shift in gender roles where women are better educated and bigger wage earners than their husbands.

And in Florida, experts say the phenomenon is likely intensified by a growth-based economy where construction-type jobs traditionally held by men have been devastated by the recession.

As of 2007, 22 percent of men nationally brought home a smaller paycheck than their wives. That's up from 4 percent in 1970, according to a Pew Research Center report released Tuesday that measured the proliferation of working wives over the past 40 years.

"The shift has been under way for a while but the recession has exacerbated it because a lot of the jobs lost were held by men," said Tanya Koropeckyj-Cox, an associate professor in sociology at the University of Florida. "Women, in some cases happily, in other cases reluctantly, are stepping in to take their places as the more stable source of income."

In 1970, according to the report, 28 percent of wives had husbands who were better educated than they were. By 2007, just 19 percent of wives reported that their husbands were better educated. In both years, about 50 percent of the couples reported equal educations.

"You have women who are much more likely to be college graduates while for men it's becoming less and less likely and that's the real issue. What in the world is happening there?" said David Denslow, an economics professor at the University of Florida.

In 2007, about 56 percent of the full-time students in Florida's public universities were female. Last year, 60 percent of students graduating with a bachelor's degree from a public Florida university were female.

Also:

Marriage Reportedly Benefits Men More Than Women
Pew Research Center: Men Marrying Women More Educated, Financially Secure

Historically, marriage was the surest route to financial security for women. Nowadays it's men who are increasingly getting the biggest economic boost from tying the knot, according to a new analysis of census data.

The changes, summarized in a Pew Research Center report being released Tuesday, reflect the proliferation of working wives over the past 40 years — a period in which American women outpaced men in both education and earnings growth. A larger share of today's men, compared with their 1970 counterparts, are married to women whose education and income exceed their own, and a larger share of women are married to men with less education and income.

"From an economic perspective, these trends have contributed to a gender role reversal in the gains from marriage," wrote the report's authors, Richard Fry and D'Vera Cohn.

"In the past, when relatively few wives worked, marriage enhanced the economic status of women more than that of men. In recent decades, however, the economic gains associated with marriage have been greater for men."

One barometer is median household income — which rose 60 percent between 1970 and 2007 for married men, married women and unmarried women, but only 16 percent for unmarried men, according to the Pew data.
 Big Byoo-Tox
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Gold-digger is just a term men invented to
Posted: 1/21/2010 10:07:54 AM
I don't know exactly how much i agree. There is a whole lot of people out there that use the whole "I'm a victim" mentality to justify what they do, and to some extent convincing yourself that it was all their fault because they are a gold-digger is playing the victim.
I think for the most part a lot of guys try to pay for everything with the idea that they're providing and being manly, which in itself isn't entirely a bad thing, but then when the relationship starts to die a lot of them start playing the "she was a gold-digger" card as a justification behind an unhealthy relationship. There is a lot of people who don't contribute as much to a relationship as their partner, and i'm not saying that there aren't true gold-diggers out there, but when you insist on paying for everything all the time and then refer to your partner as a gold-digger it's just kinda hipocritical.
Gold-digger is just another pissy thing we can complain about when things don't make us happy, cause not a lot of people say "my girlfriend is gold-digger, and boy howdy don't i love her for it"
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 228
Posted: 1/22/2010 1:48:16 AM
^^^^ 100% correct. Hindsight is... easy to revise. Gift one day is... 'she stole from me' the next. Or, I paid for dinner and she didn't have sex with me... technically I can't call her a whore but I will grab at some other demeaning title.
 cmdrfunk
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2010 7:56:50 AM
Women like men with resources.

Men primarily want to know "is she hot."

Can we stop pretending this needs discussed or analyzed?

No matter how much you disagree with the ways of the world, they won't change. Men don't go about womens careers or if they're successful really. They want to know if she's hot. Women are more lenient about looks and much more demanding of other aspects like resource allocation.

How you get to be 30+ and haven't accepted this stuff I won't ever know.

Stop trying to change the world and start changing yourself to adapt to the world. Even retarded michael jackson had a song about that.

I just saw THIS today somewhere else, which is a good summary. This isn't exactly new but apparently 10 pages of thread are needed for such a simple subject anyway.

Sorry, but this is the biggest lie ever to be floated out by the 'Today's Woman' crowd. Men could care less what a woman earns or what she does to earn it - it's simply not a factor in attraction for us - we don't take a woman's status or wealth into consideration, all she has to be is hot. That is a guy's one condition for intimacy, physical attraction. She's gotta be hot - whether she makes six figures or is in the pit of poverty is irrelevant in attraction. Oprah and Star Jones' husbands still have to get aroused, and all the money in the world wont be any better an aphrodesiac.

Status, wealth and the other rewards that result from 'professional' life are conditions women have for men in attraction. That's not to discount men being physically attractive or other conditions, but women have far more conditions for their intimacy than men, and these conditions are predicated on characteristics that prove a man as a good provider for her and any future offspring's security. These male characteristics (or sometimes just the prospects of a man attaining them) are defined by women as having value and are therefore attractive. Attractive enough to make a man with these qualities one to be competed over with other women.

Women in the professional realm would like the conditions for attraction to be predicated upon their professional status (wealth), individual merit and/or aspects their personal integrity, and a whole list of esoteric qualities, but they still fight against men's basic impulses - she's-go-to-be-hot! If a woman is attractive a man is more than happy to have her foot the bill regardless of comparative incomes, it's just icing on the cake for us, but this is analogous to a woman who marries a rich guy who also happens to be good looking. Professional women would love to change that rule to fit their capacity to fulfill it; they know on some instinctive level that time is their enemy so attempting to alter the game of attraction to suit their ability is a natural deduction.

The 'Today's Woman' crowd love to use this pseudo-fear that men are expected to have in response as to why guy's ought to be ashamed of themselves for basing their attraction of the physical by blaming it on 'men's fragile egoes' or how they 'feel threatened by professional women'. It comes down to an expectation and entitlement from their 'professionalism' that men should redefine their own attraction based on what women find attractive in the masculine.

The ideology then grinds it's teeth at the men 'qualified' to date professional women for having a tendency to hit on women far younger, less 'powerful' and (surprise) generally in much better physical shape than the 'professional' they should be dating. For this they're called 'infantile', 'immature', or the behavior is regarded as a character flaw, or a desire to relive his youth with a 'trophy wife' - interesting that this term should come from the same faction to complain about the evils of objectifying women. All the man is doing is following his primary impulse, she has to be hot!

As most women bemoan, men have a tendency to see women as sex objects in attraction. Women have a tendency to see men as success objects. The problem with this 'professional woman' mythology is that professional women want to be success objects, but nature keeps confounding their efforts.

Now, all of that said, if a woman's choice is to enter the public realm and pursue a career in the same fashion that men have for years, more power to her. Great, you go girl, so long as they understand the responsibilities and liabilities of doing so. They should also thoughroughly understand that men will define what is attractive for them, not women, professional or otherwise.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 230
Posted: 1/22/2010 8:15:12 AM
So here's the question that needs answering the gold diggers.

if you gals want the man with money and such...how many of you ladies once your man gives you some money that you are digging for do the womanly things?

cooking for him, cleaning his house, washing his clothes and having sex with him whenever he wants it?

I mean if i'm gonna be paying for a gal to improve her quality of life, then I expect my money to give me a good return for my investment...
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 231
Posted: 1/22/2010 12:49:11 PM

There is a whole lot of people out there that use the whole "I'm a victim" mentality to justify what they do, and to some extent convincing yourself that it was all their fault because they are a gold-digger is playing the victim.

Yeah, there are people who will say a woman's a gold-digger when it comes to things falling apart. They'll call her a cheater when she's not really, a liar when she's not really, a b!tch when she's not really... and yes, gold-digger when she's not really.

But the terminology isn't about failed relationships. Or necessarily a girl not interested when approaching her. That's a whole different subject which "gold digger" is just one term among just about anything negative hastily used.

It's not about laying claim to "victim", it's about whether it's OKAY for a woman to be entitled to free food and drink if a guy and girl are going to give it a chance to interact on a potential dating level. I wouldn't say a woman desiring a guy to pay for a first date, or even "usually pay" or "pay for most of the bills on dates" is gold-digging, if it's not glamorous in it's way and it's more of a standard cultural norm in dates had, and not anything to financially ooh and ahh about.

But I think it's the entitlement that affects people. If a lady expects a guy to finance things for her, from dates to living expenses, from an entitlement point of view, OR out on the chase for someone who can do that specifically for her, she's a "gold-digger". Even if her needs aren't grand. It goes beyond a same-old-same-old courting process where the guy picks up 90%+ of the bill or 90%+ of the bills... it's about being taken care of like kid or pet.

I think guys can be weary of said women, so if they demand a guy to buy them a drink to arrogantly "give them a chance to talk with me", then he'll hastily call her one -- making an assumption that may be right, may be wrong (but it carries the same attitude as a classic 'gold digger').
 baron1914
Msg: 232
Posted: 1/25/2010 9:34:10 PM
To me the term "Gold Digger" means a user plain and simple. If a woman was wanting to get together with me strictly to leech off of me, dig into my assets or bank account this would indicate to me that she does not give a flip about me at all but rather the things i have which would be sad.

Technically i do not see gold diggers as being any different then illegal immigrants leeching off of taxpayer's money, Section 8 people leeching off of the goverment or druggers drugging all day without having the initiative to go out and get a job.
 wild heart
Msg: 233
Posted: 1/28/2010 10:43:21 AM
Can we stop pretending this needs discussed or analyzed?
No matter how much you disagree with the ways of the world, they won't change. Men don't go about womens careers or if they're successful really. They want to know if she's hot. Women are more lenient about looks and much more demanding of other aspects like resource allocation.

Stop trying to change the world and start changing yourself to adapt to the world.

I agree with some of this. While I think things have changed slightly and moreso for some people (some women learned that money isn't the be all end all, while some still seek only that), I think it still works this way. I guess what gets me is that people come on here, b*tch and moan about stuff yet don't change their ways. When I started complaining about something in my "dating realm", I changed something.

Like I always suggest to men: Stop spending money on women, stop emailing them - just STOP. See what happens, ya know.

And I agree with some of the men above. Men don't start out being bitter or not spending money on women. Think back to when you were younger. Most men could care less about money - they were proud to spend their paycheck on their girlfriend - it came from a good place. Problem is people take advantage of generosity. Not all parents talk to their kids about dating and when one was raised by a certain generation, it makes it even harder.

Women don't start out being bitter at men for "using them for sex" either.

It's time that both sexes take responsibility for their weak part in these situations. No man can use me for sex since I am the one who gives my consent; no woman can use a man for money since he is the one who spends the money.

And remember: Everyone likes the person who buys the round of drinks. He is everyone's buddy.
 ShrimpScampi
Msg: 234
Posted: 1/28/2010 11:45:43 AM
goodwitchbeth
i could not agree with you more. very well spoken. and i do the exact same...wish more women were ladies and more men were gentlemen, we would have a much better society. frankly, i would be embarassed if i were a man taking a woman to dinner and sat there while she took out her wallet to pay hers. also, i have many gentlemen friends who are just friends, and they always pay. they always invite. they know i am a single mom and would not feel right asking me to pay for a dime. i dated a guy once who was cheap and we always went to parks, once a picnic, and he let me pay for the chicken we got at the store. then he came over and suggested we go to the mall to eat...food court...seperate checks. we went to a regular rest. the total was twenty bucks and he wanted to split it. oh we split it and then i split. i will not go the rest of my life with a cheapskate. i am worth more.
 wild heart
Msg: 235
Posted: 1/28/2010 1:53:00 PM
I don’t understand whats with all the expectations?! When both people get together there should be no expectations what so ever. If two people go to dinner or movie woman or man should not sit back and expect anything to be given to them. You are there to get to know each other and not to get something for free. If a guy offers to pay then great but if not then pay for your own meal like a grown person you are.

Instead pay attention more to things like, did he open a door for you, did he tell you nice things, was he on time, was he polite. That’s the things to look for in a partner. Money part should only come in when two people live together and that’s when two people should talk about who pays for what 50/50. Until then both people are grown ups and both should be able to pay for themselves and not get offended just because you did not get free meal. There are tons of other qualities to look for besides who paid for what.

This is exactly what I look at. Since most women can pay for their own way, why does the fact that he pays for her impress her? Any azzhole can pay for a meal (well not any), but there are smaller actions which show what kind of a person he is. For example, does he answer his phone, does he text, does he chew with mouth closed, how does he speak about his friends and loved ones etc., etc. 50/50 is just easier today than to have to deal with bitter men and for men to have to deal with greedy women. This way everyone is satisfied. And if a man wants that hot princess, he will probably HAVE to pay. Depends what one wants.

And yes, once a man and woman have been out a few times, it is appreciated by most women that he pays, but since alot of men on these forums talk differently than they act when on a date (most end up paying), they have only resulted in making everyone feel bad and stupid on a date. Congrats.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 236
Posted: 1/29/2010 9:42:27 AM

Since most women can pay for their own way, why does the fact that he pays for her impress her?

Women who groan at the thought of a split bill on any date of any situation, would think these 3 things, with probably one of them being their own strongest focus:
- "it makes her feel special"
- "shows he can be a provider"
- "it shows he's not cheap"

Any azzhole can pay for a meal (well not any), but there are smaller actions which show what kind of a person he is.

Yeah, I think they know that too. I think a lot of women (AND men) don't really know WHY -- they just do it. It's culture. There's already expectations on a certain "safe mode" level in the world of engaging with the opposite sex. Nobody wants to rock the boat. I think when anyone sits down and thinks about it -- yes, it has nothing to do with whether he's an azzhole or not. That's just a front.

When you really look at the situation, in today's day and age -- yeah, it's silly that there is a set standard of "general rules", applying to everyone -- women who are poor to women who are rich, and the same for men.

I think a forum discussion is good, because it will make people think about the topic more. The more you think about it, the more odd it seems when it comes to a guy and a girl who are both in the working world, when it comes to "man always pays if it's a date-like setting, even if he didn't chase her or ask to treat her to dinner". IMO, there's nothing wrong with playing along with the oddities of culture, but taking a pit-stop in the forums to roll your eyes about it. :)
 wild heart
Msg: 237
Posted: 1/29/2010 9:58:52 AM
^^^I prefer a man to start paying once we get to know each other better. Then it is being done FOR me the person, not me the possible "paramour".

Cheap doesn't show itself simply because he doesn't pay. I've met some really cheap men who did pay for the first date, but ended up showing their cheap colors later.

As for making it a forum topic for learning, well I learned how men feel about this eons ago (in the 90's actually!) so I'm not sure why it keeps coming up. Maybe we keep seeing new people in here who haven't really thought about it yet?

If a man insists on paying and I'm interested, I let him pay - if I'm not sure I like 50/50. Many men feel happy and proud to pay (granted some may be trying to get her into bed or be in her favour), but some just "like" to do it. It doesn't matter either way to me because paying for me won't make a man win my favour OR get me into bed.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 238
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:17:54 AM
wild heart...

a man as defined as being cheap...

this is a negative bullet with women...gold diggers or just regular women...its a turn off for women when a man is 'cheap' with them..

i guess that means that women DO place value on themselves when a man spends money on her...

no one has ever heard a man say a woman is "cheap"....

the only possible similarity is when a man labels a woman maybe as 'prude' or 'not sexy" or "too independent"

whatever...

but virtually all women are turned off by a man that is "cheap"

and men often times interprets that as women are "gold diggers"

its because women have been conditioned for centuries that their way up in the world is with man that can provide and take care of them financially because women historically cannot take care of themselves and children financially without a man.
 Ron429
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:51:01 AM
Yeah, GoSunset has it correct. I recently almost married one until she was demanding a marquis cut, 2 carats, internallyflawless, and about 12-15K on local markets. My sisters reminded me that if she was truly in love with me she should have been happy with whatever a man was offering. (Her reason was that she did not want to be embarrassed by "stepping down" in front of her children). There were multiple other indications, such as telling me what to do with my real estate, IRA, etc. etc. Hey, I dodged a bullet, but you learn from such an experience with these ****es.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 240
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:58:58 AM

So here's the question that needs answering the gold diggers.

if you gals want the man with money and such...how many of you ladies once your man gives you some money that you are digging for do the womanly things?

cooking for him, cleaning his house, washing his clothes and having sex with him whenever he wants it?

I mean if i'm gonna be paying for a gal to improve her quality of life, then I expect my money to give me a good return for my investment...

wild heart
Msg: 241
Posted: 1/29/2010 11:24:02 AM

a man as defined as being cheap...

Cheap is when someone has the money to buy a new air conditioner, yet wants to keep the old one that uses up all sorts of electricity or doesn't work properly.

Anyone can be cheap this way. I know women who are cheap too. My brother's ex-wife was cheap. She never bought him anything. He gets a new GF who then buys him a new coat, new shoes etc.

Don't assume that only men are cheap because some of us know better.

guess that means that women DO place value on themselves when a man spends money on her...

So if I buy my date a meal or a new coat, a man wouldn't place value on himself? Which translates to "feels good".

Everyone likes it when people buy them a gift and paying for dinner is a gift too.

I totally get what you are saying, but some people really "get" the issue (and have evolved) and are tired of hearing men complain about this. I bet you that there are more threads about how men have to pay for this or that than there are threads about cheap men or how he used me for sex.

But bring it back to basics, alot of men will always go for the woman who is the gold digger, despite there being a whole whack of women out there who do think 50/50 is right. Simply because she knows how to use her "feminine wiles" to pull men in. She's kind, feminine, seemingly compassionate. I've seen this type of woman many times, and most men think she is so nice and she is "what a true woman is supposed to be". Most men don't even realize what is happening until the relationships goes sour. I'm not saying this to belittle men, but I really think it's the truth. Each sex has it's own weaknesses.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 242
Posted: 1/29/2010 11:36:12 AM
wild heart- my point is men dont' find it less attractive if a woman actually is cheap...

i also do not feel more attracted to a woman who buys me clothes...

i think its nice and sweet, but i do not expect a woman to 'spend' money on me...

actually the best presents i ever received from a woman cost hardly anything at all...

i was more impressed with the thought she put into the gifts....they held special meanings...i still keep those gifts and will keep 'em forever likely...even tho i haven't been w/that girl in more than 10 years.

if a girl doesn't fix her a/c...or doesn't fix her car properly- i'd get onto her about not taking care of her stuff and if she were to ask me to fix 'em for me, that w/be a turnoff...

and personally i really am not too interested in a woman paying for dinner, even if we are dating and bf/gf....

that's just me...now i'm not a guy that lavishes gifts on a woman as i am not a man that blows my money on all sorts of material things to make myself have the latest thing that is "out" ...in fact my ex wife- i gave her a cubit zarconia ring for our engagement (her request) and her value rose in my eyes as I knew she wasn't worried about the material things in this life...
 wild heart
Msg: 243
Posted: 1/29/2010 11:48:18 AM
^^ghost dog - one can go to the dollar store and get great gifts. It's the thought behind them. And for me, I am passionate about food so a man buying me dinner for my BD? Definitely means something to me because he knows I'm a foodie. Then on the other hand, he could make me dinner and it could mean the same thing or buy me some candy from the dollar store. Just depends on the situation.

A man may like a certain type of cap. I'll go out and buy it for him. The price is not the issue. He appreciates it because of the thought. My brother was very happy with his new coat and shoes because his ex had never done that for him. He was pretty proud about it. You gonna tell me he didn't think grow more fond of her for getting him those items? Even I said to him "nice having a real girlfriend eh?"

Men do think women are cheap once they break up, this thread is proof. While together, the man doesn't think of this because of his weakness.

if a girl doesn't fix her a/c...or doesn't fix her car properly- i'd get onto her about not taking care of her stuff and if she were to ask me to fix 'em for me, that w/be a turnoff...

For some men, they would like being asked. Some men feel needed in this way. Some would agree, some would disagree. Other men would think a woman is too independant because she won't ask him.

and personally i really am not too interested in a woman paying for dinner, even if we are dating and bf/gf....

Well if we go by this thread, alot of men would appreciate this simply because most women "never" do that.

I'm not into people who are material, but I'm not into people who go on and on about "materialism".

Easy going would be in the middle.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 244
Posted: 1/29/2010 11:56:37 AM
wild-

i would rather offer to pay for her a/c or fix her car when i see it needs tending too. that makes me feel better about taking care of my woman than sitting around waiting and doing nothing 'knowing' something is broken and i don't fix it...

i get more joy out of doing something like that when she appreciates it (she has to appreciate it or i won't do it again) than to have her ask me to do something for her....that costs money...

of course i love for a girl to buy me things from time to time, but i would not think she was cheap if she did not...because its not the money spent that is what counts...its the thought she was thinking about me...

i'd rather my gf come over and clean my house or wash my clothes....than for her to spend $100 on a shirt for me...
 mydoggie
Msg: 245
Posted: 1/29/2010 2:40:39 PM
congrats Ron429
.....sounds like you really dodged a bullet. I never heard of a girl demanding that her engagement ring have a min number of carats.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 246
Posted: 1/29/2010 4:35:01 PM

sounds like you really dodged a bullet. I never heard of a girl demanding that her engagement ring have a min number of carats.

i had a buddy was engaged to his college sweetheart...they were living together and she was pressuring him hard (after they graduated and had decent jobs) for them to get married.

she wanted at least $4K ring...said not to bother if he didn't buy her one...it was what she wanted...

he wouldn't listen to old ghostdog about kicking her to the curb for this ridiculous demand...(she was cute as hell and had a super sweet personality)

he finally saved up money and bought it...then he was riding in the car with her, HIS mom called HER......telling her he'd gotten the ring and it was gorgeous..(why his mom said this i have no clue)...

so he was telling me how mad he was at his mom for opening her big mouth (he'd yet to officially propose)...

i told him it was a blessing in disguise...

i said- his mom just bought him at least a year before he had to offer her the ring and actually propose...with her knowing he had it...he could just hold it adn let her simmer...
 ChampagneNakedMore
Msg: 247
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:44:54 PM
I agree with you.
The fact of the matter is 100 years ago a women didnt pay for a thing. Women were courted and loved and adored and waited on and respected....
Now adays men sleep with us before marrying us, expect us to pay for dinner and expect sex well and truely before marriage.

Sucks.

I was born in tha wrong era.
 ChampagneNakedMore
Msg: 248
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:46:38 PM
Oh and just FYI...
My future engagement right is sitting in Tiffany and co and is worth a lot more that 4k and if a guy doesnt think im worth that then he sure as %^& is not worth marring and certainly doesnt deserve the privilege of calling me his wife!!!
 durandal26
Msg: 249
Posted: 1/29/2010 11:35:11 PM

The fact of the matter is 100 years ago a women didnt pay for a thing. Women were courted and loved and adored and waited on and respected....
Now adays men sleep with us before marrying us, expect us to pay for dinner and expect sex well and truely before marriage.

Sucks.

I was born in tha wrong era.

LMAO....

I would make a comment about the education system in Australia, but of course there are ignorant people everywhere, including Canada and United States.

Fact 1: 100 years ago women could not vote, own property, run for office, be independent, could not work in many jobs, etc. etc.

Fact 2: Sex is neither a reward, bribe, gift, nor is it something you endure. If you think it is any of those, you should seek therapy.

Fact 3: Paying for your own expenses is something that you should be doing.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 250
Posted: 1/29/2010 11:59:33 PM
Thats funny, because 100yrs ago, you'd get NO SAY in what your ring was, quite possibly NO SAY in who you married, that would be between your father and suitors.
you'd also likely have no job, and if you did, it would pay next to nothing, you'd get no vote. You think women were respected and waited on 100-150yrs ago....unless you had some kind of position of stature...I don't think so (at least the waited on aspect)...you were there to watch the household, cook & clean for your man, pump out babies, and raise them.

Men sleep with you before marrying you...so you expect them to give you money for it later?? sounds like something to me....

BTW if they sleep with you...its because you want/agree to, otherwise its rape.

You honestly think women don't expect sex before marriage?? what weird place do you come from where women don't want sex? The only reason men make a big deal about women paying for anything at all...is twofold a) to many women are cheap/into the man's money and b) women can have jobs/careers now...and make as much if not more then men. As opposed to 100yrs ago.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Gold-digger is just a term men invented to