Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dawn1114
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Gold-digger is just a term men invented to Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

Let's have a forum about Men only wanting women with a hot body...even if they are dumb as a brick.

There are scads of those threads, started by vicious women who think women with "hot bodies" by default are also "dumb as a brick."

Some of the key words and phrases you might search for are: shallow; BBW; curvy; Barbie; strong & independent woman; looks; physical; beauty is only skin deep; beauty is in the eye of the beholder; beauty fades; inner beauty; and why do men ...? There are others, of course, with less obvious titles but saying essentially the same thing.

The reading is mostly painful in its lack of logic and literacy, not to mention "inner beauty," but they're there if that's your cup of tea. Enjoy.
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 106
Gold-digger is just a term men invented to
Posted: 10/23/2009 8:58:36 PM
Guys, here is a clue: Unless you make six figures and hang out in the lobby of 5 star hotels... gold diggers ain't lookin for ya.
 Wicked_Cricket
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/23/2009 9:21:58 PM
Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty?
You might not marry her just cause she's pretty but it doesn't hurt does it?

Marilyn Monroe - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
 VF102
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:19:00 PM
GQ Sunset is da man and is spot on!

Jason the Fed
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:24:09 PM
Steve Harvey is rich. Actual rich guys don't worry about golddiggers.

Don't believe me? Watch Millionaire Matchmaker, Patti's business is BOOMING to connect ambitious young GDs with awkward/old/ugly multi-millionaires.

She is like a legit version of Heidi Fleiss.
 Nu2010
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:42:09 PM
What about women that make more than the man? Does that mean he is a Gold Digger?
I am dating someone that makes less than I do but he rarely lets me pay. I take him out sometimes or ask him over for dinner. What has happened to people treating the other with respect?
What about men that marry saying they are in love with them but they find out later the marriage was a farce because they cheated throughout the marriage and had alternative motives like paying off their debt they negected to mention, does this mean men are gold diggers wanting to cop out on their financial responsibility?
 Nu2010
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:47:25 PM
I have run across many men living in a fanticy world. Men wanting a young beautiful "girl" with a great figure then complain that the "girl" is a gold digger. Maybe the problem is Men making poor choices and not dating a mature woman. Men reap what they sow.
 Nu2010
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 2:00:12 PM
Men in my age group are starting to come to their sensus and have told me that women are more mature than men. Does that mean men are the weaker sex? It must be since the majority skip out on their responsibilities not paying child support or helping to raise their children leaving women that usually make less than a man all the responsibility. A lot of men are living in a fanticy world by refusing to grow up thinking they are not getting any older even with the lack of hair or pot bellys. They think women the same age as them as old and over the hill, think again. More power to the women that are dating younger men, Cougars.
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/7/2010 10:46:00 PM
Before women entered the workforce, we were all gold-diggers because we were looking for a man to financially support us while we took care of the home and the kids. I think men use the term today because for the most part they are confused about what we want. Since we fought for the ability to financially support ourselves, we took something from men and they resent us for it. I doubt that men in the 40's or 50's considered the women they married and supported financially gold-diggers.......
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:49:46 AM
I haven't been with anyone wealthy enough to gold dig, but I'm still hoping :D

Guys, here is a clue: Unless you make six figures and hang out in the lobby of 5 star hotels... gold diggers ain't lookin for ya.

Pretty much!
 forumologist
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/8/2010 8:33:16 AM
Gold-digger is just a term men invented to ........make themselves feel superior.
 Consigliori
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 8:43:44 AM
I think my wife is a bronze digger. Or maybe a tin digger. She's younger and hotter and I'm older and pay for the car insurance.
 Consigliori
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 11:28:40 AM

Well, I hope you were smart enough to go with Geico Insurance.

I'm a knuckle-dragger by heart, but I can't go w/ Geico for professional reasons.

OT: "Golddigger" the next Bond film.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:36:52 PM

Guys, here is a clue: yada yada yada

I think you've been watching too many movies of the week.

Everyone knows the place to find a gold digger is at a wedding chapel, wearing a bridal gown. Before that she can be found out on the dating circuit, in disguise, claiming she "doesn't care how much a man makes". The trait often has a long incubation or latency period and doesn't fully manifest itself for some years, showing up as full-blown affliction when she appears at the divorce court.
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:51:59 PM

He adds that although that he is aware of women who pursue/marry men for nothing more than the "hard cold cash", the term gold digger was invented by men to cop out on their financial responsibilty of supporting the woman they love.

Steve is a flaming retard. But it's not his fault...he surrounds himself with idiots I'm sure, so he's just a product of his environment.

People have a responsibility TO THEMSELVES for financial support. It's not my f*cking responsibility to support my woman financially. I ain't her personal bank. Even married and possibly with kids...my responsibility is to make sure that the kids are fed and clothed and cared for, and yea she'll get fed too. That's where my financial responsibility ends.

Some chick rootin' around in my wallet 'cause she wants a new handbag or pair of shoes...GET A JOB. I ain't her Daddy...I don't give "allowance". You want something? Buy it. With YOUR own money.

Got no money 'cause she's busy playing Mommy? Fine, child care it is and a boot to her ass back to the workforce.

Men have no "responsibility" to be a woman's personal ATM machine. Ever.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 2:48:12 PM

experience talking?
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/8/2010 2:53:55 PM

Got no money 'cause she's busy playing Mommy? Fine, child care it is and a boot to her ass back to the workforce.

Wait--is she busy "playing" mommy with your child (is it a game?)?
If it's not your child, I agree with you.
If it IS your child, well, you know what you are.

What's funny to me is when men say they've got all this pressure from work, and "all she has to do is raise the kid".
Worst case scenario if the guy screws up at work? He gets fired.
Worst-case scenario if a mom screws up that work? Her child dies.
Which is more pressure, again?
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 3:16:54 PM

If it IS your child, well, you know what you are.

Yep I do too...I'm NOT her sugar Daddy/walking ATM who doles out "allowance" because she hides behind parental duties. She thinks she has it so bad and wants to spend spend spend...then get the kid in care and get her ass back into the workforce.

Win-win.

What's funny to me is when men say they've got all this pressure from work, and "all she has to do is raise the kid".
Worst case scenario if the guy screws up at work? He gets fired.
Worst-case scenario if a mom screws up that work? Her child dies.
Which is more pressure, again?

Gee, I dunno...what IS more pressure?

Not being able to provide a roof, or clothing, or shelter...or changing shitty diapers?

Hmm...tough call.

wild heart
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/8/2010 3:26:00 PM
I don't believe that all men are using this term for that reason. Since I've met men who have been screwed over by women, I know the term fits some women.

But yeah, there are alot of men on here who lump all women as gold diggers.

The woman who has always had things paid for her from birth (by daddy and then followed up by boyfriends) may not think that this is incorrect or wrong, since THE MEN have been the ones treating her this way.

She's not change in an instant. Kinda like those men who always go after "needy" women. My brother is one. He hasn't changed and most men used to call him "p*ssywhipped"; that is until they met their future wives and now are all apparently p*ssywhipped too.

Does it really matter? People are gonna do and think what they are gonna think. You can present ideas on here, but if the person is not open to change and different ideas easily then it's almost a moot point.

At this point, there is nothing new on these forums for me to learn from men about what they expect from women in those "equality" areas. I just keep waiting for us to move on LOL.
 karma1160
Msg: 126
Posted: 1/8/2010 6:16:21 PM
People use each other for all kinds of reasons, most women nowadays step up to the plate and at least pay for their share.
This is an old reason not to be involved, trust people like they were trustworthy, if they prove to you that they cannot be trusted then you will know the score.
If you go around looking for all the defects in peoples personalities you will find them, people are fallible by design, how about taking a toll of the good things. What have you got to lose?
I have had people ask me for dates because they think I am loaded, because I am a widow but I do not let that stop me.
I will not let a few bad apples change my mind about the whole human race.
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 127
Posted: 1/8/2010 6:38:51 PM
I think these guys are accusing women of what they themselves seek to do...

Take for example the dutch date...

Now if my meal costs only $7 and his costs $14... and we both throw in our debit cards.... to 'split' evenly... I am actually subsidizing HIS meal.

What a FOOKIN GOLDDIGGIN' MAN'HO... and he has the audacity to ask for sex too! I'm so indignant!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 128
Posted: 1/8/2010 6:51:43 PM
I personally think Gold Digger is simply, and only, used by men who can't seem to be wanted for themselves, who then tries buying a lady, and when that fails, too, calls her, and likely the rest of her sex: golddiggers, lol! The ways of the NICE GUY are many and varied, but they all lead back to having a truly rotten attitude about women. It's a circular firing squad, and a game they ain't nevah going to win. . . . But I suppose that for certain primates, flinging poo is satisfying, if not exactly productive. . . .

BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 7:43:21 PM

Take for example the dutch date...

Now if my meal costs only $7 and his costs $14... and we both throw in our debit cards.... to 'split' evenly... I am actually subsidizing HIS meal.

But it's perfectly acceptable when he "subsidizes" your full $7, right? Then there's no complaints, I take it?

Guess you and I see the term "Dutch" differently. She pays her way - I pay mine. That's Dutch to me.

I personally think Gold Digger is simply, and only, used by men who can't seem to be wanted for themselves, who then tries buying a lady, and when that fails, too, calls her, and likely the rest of her sex: golddiggers, lol!

LOL indeed. I guess that's not at all different from:

"Cheapskate/skinflint is simply, and only, used by women who can't seem to be wanted for themselves, who then tries to pass off her mere presence as "enough"/"her share" in luring a man, and when that fails, too, calls him, and likely the rest of his sex: cheapskates/skinflints, lol!"

FYI - over-punctuation is just sad. Talk about comma overkill.

But I suppose that for certain primates, flinging poo is satisfying, if not exactly productive. . . .

All things being equal...after carefully examining what's out there (if this thread and PoF in general is any example), then I'd get far more satisfaction from flinging poo with the rest of the primates and have a feeling of far more productive means for my time in doing so.
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/8/2010 7:48:03 PM
What if you go Dutch and then get the runs???

I would feel better if someone else paid if I get the runs ~ otherwise I'll gladly pay

Vannili
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 8:12:58 PM
I have read SteveHarvey book of Act Like a Lady And Think Like A Man,.Well ,I am not impressed. Men mentality are competitive, tough,combatant, conniving,vicious, if women will be thinking like a man ,then they can not bring out the gentle and loving side of the man. I have observed few women who fight their man,verbally or physically and they are the pitiful losers, while a child ,cat,dogs or any animal can get the love of a man . I think because they are not a threat to him..

In job or politics force, a woman should deal with a man as a person, she can manipulate and fight her way on top,in a charismatic way.

Talk about Gold-diggers, I don't think a man invented that term for the miners and women did not invented the term Gigolo. When a Gigolo meet a Gold-digger it is obviously a trade favor. " No Money No Honey." for there is no such thing as a free ride or free dinner.

If a man invited a lady for a drink,the man is responsible to buy her a drink,but if the man choose not to buy her a drink, then she buy herself a drink. this is just an ethical standard, she should not expect him to do what he doesn't want to do.

To stablish a rapport you have to be hospitable, if some people are not hospitable to me ,I will return the favor,of not being hospitable to them too.
Just my 2 cents
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >