Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Gold-digger is just a term men invented to      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FarmExe
Msg: 101
Gold-digger is just a term men invented to Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

I don't see what the problem is ~ no one can take advantage of you without your permission

The problem is no brain no confidence.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Gold-digger is just a term men invented to
Posted: 10/23/2009 4:22:56 PM

very few men who actually possess gold are hard up for dates.

Yea, the golddiggers are on them like locusts on a field of grain before they know what hit them.
 untamedspirit009
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/23/2009 4:51:51 PM
To jcarr23: {A gold digger is a women who exclusively dates rich guys and looks to those guys to provide her with a lifestyle she would otherwise not be able to afford. }

Yes, I have to agree with you on this. She is providing what that man wants/needs/and willingly pays for. He wants to pay for her upkeep into a certain image {{she is a 10 on the sexy meter}}, and some form of sexual control ... ironically, there are numerous wealthy older men seeking this type of female. They are usually around 50-ish or so and the females are half that age....

So what label does that give the man seeking this?
 startle
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/23/2009 5:11:25 PM
if a woman is being pursued by an enormous hoard of salivating men....a fellow might ask himself...how oh how do i convince that ravishing beauty to be mine...and mine alone....such a lovely creature must be mine...perhaps i could ..shower her with gifts, take her to exotic far off lands, buy her a lovely carriage or a mansion in the country ...but wait...if she were a truly virtuous woman...a pure and pious soul ..wouldn't she want me for me and not my wealth...ah yes....i shall test her love...i shall withhold my considerable net worth and see if she wants me still....only then will i know it is true and neverending love ...that will last until the end of time...
 krisninatlanta
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/23/2009 5:19:42 PM
here we go again....call me old fashioned but yes, if you as a man are courting me then yes you SHOULD pay.You are asking me the opportunity to get to know me in the possibility of a long lasting commitment. I do see anything wrong with women wanting a man that is financially secure, but within means, and LOVE should be the first prequalifier, along w/integrity, commitment etc. ITS funny how men always want 50/50 everything (women also)then when kids come into the picture WOMEN single handedly take MAJORITY of the responsibility in rearing them...When was the last time i saw a man take off work for a sick child (especially when he dont have full custody) and also when was the last time i saw a man have full custody of his kids?? WOMEN are seen as the primary caretakers of children, but no man contests that as wrong. So what is wrong when a woman wants a man among other things to be financially secure?

I am secure, but when i marry i want my husband to be financially secure also. I want him to be a provider and a good husband and father, and i will be a good mother, wife, and caretaker of the home.
 kiluj
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 5:20:20 PM
Sorry, new to forums so may not have responded right.....but the topic to me is so hot. Men not liking Gold-diggers..... Oh too bad. Let's have a forum about Men only wanting women with a hot body...even if they are dumb as a brick. Let's have women dish on that.
 dawn1114
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 6:02:59 PM

Let's have a forum about Men only wanting women with a hot body...even if they are dumb as a brick.

There are scads of those threads, started by vicious women who think women with "hot bodies" by default are also "dumb as a brick."

Some of the key words and phrases you might search for are: shallow; BBW; curvy; Barbie; strong & independent woman; looks; physical; beauty is only skin deep; beauty is in the eye of the beholder; beauty fades; inner beauty; and why do men ...? There are others, of course, with less obvious titles but saying essentially the same thing.

The reading is mostly painful in its lack of logic and literacy, not to mention "inner beauty," but they're there if that's your cup of tea. Enjoy.
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/23/2009 8:58:36 PM
Guys, here is a clue: Unless you make six figures and hang out in the lobby of 5 star hotels... gold diggers ain't lookin for ya.
 Wicked_Cricket
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/23/2009 9:21:58 PM
Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty?
You might not marry her just cause she's pretty but it doesn't hurt does it?

Marilyn Monroe - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
 VF102
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:19:00 PM
GQ Sunset is da man and is spot on!

Jason the Fed
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 111
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:24:09 PM
Steve Harvey is rich. Actual rich guys don't worry about golddiggers.

Don't believe me? Watch Millionaire Matchmaker, Patti's business is BOOMING to connect ambitious young GDs with awkward/old/ugly multi-millionaires.

She is like a legit version of Heidi Fleiss.
 Nu2010
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:42:09 PM
What about women that make more than the man? Does that mean he is a Gold Digger?
I am dating someone that makes less than I do but he rarely lets me pay. I take him out sometimes or ask him over for dinner. What has happened to people treating the other with respect?
What about men that marry saying they are in love with them but they find out later the marriage was a farce because they cheated throughout the marriage and had alternative motives like paying off their debt they negected to mention, does this mean men are gold diggers wanting to cop out on their financial responsibility?
 Nu2010
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:47:25 PM
I have run across many men living in a fanticy world. Men wanting a young beautiful "girl" with a great figure then complain that the "girl" is a gold digger. Maybe the problem is Men making poor choices and not dating a mature woman. Men reap what they sow.
 Nu2010
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 2:00:12 PM
Men in my age group are starting to come to their sensus and have told me that women are more mature than men. Does that mean men are the weaker sex? It must be since the majority skip out on their responsibilities not paying child support or helping to raise their children leaving women that usually make less than a man all the responsibility. A lot of men are living in a fanticy world by refusing to grow up thinking they are not getting any older even with the lack of hair or pot bellys. They think women the same age as them as old and over the hill, think again. More power to the women that are dating younger men, Cougars.
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/7/2010 10:46:00 PM
Before women entered the workforce, we were all gold-diggers because we were looking for a man to financially support us while we took care of the home and the kids. I think men use the term today because for the most part they are confused about what we want. Since we fought for the ability to financially support ourselves, we took something from men and they resent us for it. I doubt that men in the 40's or 50's considered the women they married and supported financially gold-diggers.......
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:49:46 AM
I haven't been with anyone wealthy enough to gold dig, but I'm still hoping :D

Guys, here is a clue: Unless you make six figures and hang out in the lobby of 5 star hotels... gold diggers ain't lookin for ya.

Pretty much!
 forumologist
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/8/2010 8:33:16 AM
Gold-digger is just a term men invented to ........make themselves feel superior.
 Consigliori
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 8:43:44 AM
I think my wife is a bronze digger. Or maybe a tin digger. She's younger and hotter and I'm older and pay for the car insurance.
 Consigliori
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 11:28:40 AM

Well, I hope you were smart enough to go with Geico Insurance.

I'm a knuckle-dragger by heart, but I can't go w/ Geico for professional reasons.

OT: "Golddigger" the next Bond film.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:36:52 PM

Guys, here is a clue: yada yada yada

I think you've been watching too many movies of the week.

Everyone knows the place to find a gold digger is at a wedding chapel, wearing a bridal gown. Before that she can be found out on the dating circuit, in disguise, claiming she "doesn't care how much a man makes". The trait often has a long incubation or latency period and doesn't fully manifest itself for some years, showing up as full-blown affliction when she appears at the divorce court.
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:51:59 PM

He adds that although that he is aware of women who pursue/marry men for nothing more than the "hard cold cash", the term gold digger was invented by men to cop out on their financial responsibilty of supporting the woman they love.

Steve is a flaming retard. But it's not his fault...he surrounds himself with idiots I'm sure, so he's just a product of his environment.

People have a responsibility TO THEMSELVES for financial support. It's not my f*cking responsibility to support my woman financially. I ain't her personal bank. Even married and possibly with kids...my responsibility is to make sure that the kids are fed and clothed and cared for, and yea she'll get fed too. That's where my financial responsibility ends.

Some chick rootin' around in my wallet 'cause she wants a new handbag or pair of shoes...GET A JOB. I ain't her Daddy...I don't give "allowance". You want something? Buy it. With YOUR own money.

Got no money 'cause she's busy playing Mommy? Fine, child care it is and a boot to her ass back to the workforce.

Men have no "responsibility" to be a woman's personal ATM machine. Ever.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 2:48:12 PM

experience talking?
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/8/2010 2:53:55 PM

Got no money 'cause she's busy playing Mommy? Fine, child care it is and a boot to her ass back to the workforce.

Wait--is she busy "playing" mommy with your child (is it a game?)?
If it's not your child, I agree with you.
If it IS your child, well, you know what you are.

What's funny to me is when men say they've got all this pressure from work, and "all she has to do is raise the kid".
Worst case scenario if the guy screws up at work? He gets fired.
Worst-case scenario if a mom screws up that work? Her child dies.
Which is more pressure, again?
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 3:16:54 PM

If it IS your child, well, you know what you are.

Yep I do too...I'm NOT her sugar Daddy/walking ATM who doles out "allowance" because she hides behind parental duties. She thinks she has it so bad and wants to spend spend spend...then get the kid in care and get her ass back into the workforce.

Win-win.

What's funny to me is when men say they've got all this pressure from work, and "all she has to do is raise the kid".
Worst case scenario if the guy screws up at work? He gets fired.
Worst-case scenario if a mom screws up that work? Her child dies.
Which is more pressure, again?

Gee, I dunno...what IS more pressure?

Not being able to provide a roof, or clothing, or shelter...or changing shitty diapers?

Hmm...tough call.

wild heart
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/8/2010 3:26:00 PM
I don't believe that all men are using this term for that reason. Since I've met men who have been screwed over by women, I know the term fits some women.

But yeah, there are alot of men on here who lump all women as gold diggers.

The woman who has always had things paid for her from birth (by daddy and then followed up by boyfriends) may not think that this is incorrect or wrong, since THE MEN have been the ones treating her this way.

She's not change in an instant. Kinda like those men who always go after "needy" women. My brother is one. He hasn't changed and most men used to call him "p*ssywhipped"; that is until they met their future wives and now are all apparently p*ssywhipped too.

Does it really matter? People are gonna do and think what they are gonna think. You can present ideas on here, but if the person is not open to change and different ideas easily then it's almost a moot point.

At this point, there is nothing new on these forums for me to learn from men about what they expect from women in those "equality" areas. I just keep waiting for us to move on LOL.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Gold-digger is just a term men invented to