Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Gold-digger is just a term men invented to      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 durandal26
Msg: 151
Gold-digger is just a term men invented to Page 7 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

Confident-Realist, you of all people, being into all that PUA evolutionary biology crap should know that women are HARD WIRED to be picky about a guy... all about trying to get the most quality provider or at least his sperm... Chris Rock was right when he said a woman reaching into her purse to get her wallet 'dries up the pvssy' faster than anything else. Labeling this natural instinct as a 'gold digger' would be as unfair labeling a guy who likes hot women a 'pig.' So get off ya high horse and accept this is the way it is... Sure, you don't have to pay for a woman at dinner, but if you have any inclination towards having her see you again romantically and not 'friend zone you' you should be picking up that tab. This is not true of all women... but it is of *most* women, no matter what PC bullcrap they choose to say they believe in.

So you're saying it's acceptable for women to charge men money in order to have sex with them, since it's "natural."

Then it must also be acceptable for men to cheat on women since it's "natural."

And it's also acceptable for a woman to sleep with another guy, have his kid, and tell her husband the child is his since that's also "natural."
 Energymaster
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Gold-digger is just a term men invented to
Posted: 1/9/2010 2:49:49 PM
The poster noting that it is "biology" is exactly right. Women are biologically directed at finding the "strongest" male to mate with. In our times (and most since we left the cave--no, I do not want to argue evolution/Creation, thanks, anyway!) that has meant finding the guy who makes the best living.

Just as men are biologically hard-wired to look for the "hottest" (most nubile) woman. In American culture today, that means the man is a "pig." The woman looking for the guy with the most money (is Donald Trump REALLY attractive enough to marry the women he has, base entirely on his looks...or is it his personality?) is, today, lauded by our culture and the term "gold-digger" as antiquated, at the very least.
 Tarah0128
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 2:50:04 PM

Then it must also be acceptable for men to cheat on women since it's "natural."

Sounds about right ~ if a man wants to cheat on me I only hope that he's discrete and doesn't bring home any "gifts"
 wild heart
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/9/2010 2:53:10 PM

Just as men are biologically hard-wired to look for the "hottest" (most nubile) woman. In American culture today, that means the man is a "pig." The woman looking for the guy with the most money (is Donald Trump REALLY attractive enough to marry the women he has, base entirely on his looks...or is it his personality?) is, today, lauded by our culture and the term "gold-digger" as antiquated, at the very least.

I long ago stopped calling men pigs because I started to understand male sexuality. Maybe if men did a little more research into why women seek out mates, they might stop with this shet too.

I've noticed that women rarely call men pigs anymore. Sure is nice when women change, but men remain the same in their ideas now ain't it?
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/9/2010 2:53:41 PM
So you're saying it's acceptable for women to charge men money in order to have sex with them, since it's "natural."
No. It's acceptable because we have a free market economy - supply and demand!
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/9/2010 2:58:57 PM
Read Sperm Wars.... The sneaky cavewoman of yore would shag the most sought after man with good genes (tall, strapping, symmetrical, alpha) and get her beta-male to raise it if she couldn't secure pair-bonding with the alpha. Wild, I know. She was a PLAYA and since they didn't have DNA tests back then no one would be the wiser... It tells about how women are actually the 'visual creatures' because they have more orgasms with a man who is symetrical than one who isn't... and female orgasm plays a large part in fertility.... the details are gory but suffice it to say, more likely to get preggers with a hot, 'pack leader' dude who gave her a big-O than one whose looks doesn't do it for her. So many criteria they had to ensure the survival of the species...

Actually prostitutes are not good examples of what is 'natural' because they will have sex with anyone who can pay... ie. knocking off a few other critical things from the list of what they seek in a mate. A normal woman likes you for the ***whole package****... which INCLUDES money and material wealth, success, and status but is not EXCLUSIVE to, you still need a good confident personality and good looks.

Get it? A real gold-digger or prostitute is truly the one who is cold, logical, and calculating, she could care less about the other criteria.

You must understand that being judged by your status IS totally natural... its the byproduct of pre-historic tribal societies. Our morals and intellect have been fighting it for YEARS....

It was men who invented monogamy actually. Judeo-Christian tradition of one man and one woman was really a scheme that beta males and one who would be 'left out' in a polygamous society did to overcome their competition. WAAAYYYY back in the day a sensible woman would be better of with 1/14 of a reaaaaallly rich or virile dude than 100% of a poor or impotent dude. Simple math, if one guy has a 100 females then 100 guys have no females... and are royally pissed off. LOL.

The most amusing thing is broke/unattractive losers who have little or nothing to offer these days are the ones spouting nonsense about how its not natural for a man to be monogamous... ahem, but if they truly lived in that kind of society they would probably die a virgin. So thank your lucky stars there is some societal barriers put forth to keep that from happening.
 Tarah0128
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 2:58:59 PM
Of course it's acceptable or else prostitution wouldn't have been around forever

Someone is finding it acceptable and useful ~ Gregory House, for example
 Energymaster
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:11:08 PM
Given, "pigs" is in and of itself a dated term. Replaces by "slime." Not sure that's much better.

It would do BOTH genders in American culture (this is not a problem in Europe, generally) well to learn a thing or three about the other, rather than relying upon Oprah and "reality" TV to do the heavy intellectual lifting for us.

But then, in our culture, you really are not permitted to tell the truth about women...not if you want to keep your academic standing, and/or sell your books in a female-dominated industry that sells to a female dominated market, anyway.

So the author who essentially said that men invented the term "gold-digger" (very unlikely) was simply, as another poster noted, pandering to his market--women who love to blame ALL the ills of society on men and of course, their peni.
 Energymaster
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:18:10 PM
Revisit your history, TuffLuv....The Romans had the ideal of the monogamous relationship long before Christianity and they had little regard for Jewish culture, and no contact with it, in fact, until quite late.

Men are not "hard-wired" to be monogmous....we are wired to spread our seed as wide as circumstances permit...just like most male animals. That's why young dolphin males rape young dolphin females...regularly, and in organized packs. It's also why chimps do it. And ducks. Drakes sometimes kill ducks during this process when 6-8 of them pile on one poor duck and drown her. Female dolphins apparently also run this risk.

So be it. That's nature. I'm not sure whether you are crowing about the theory put forth in Sperm Wars about how women behaved back in the cave....and there's really no way to determine whether that's actually the case. There's a strong case to be made for any small society having to quickly adopt rules about this sort of thing to keep all the males from constantly bashing in eash other's skulls. Regardless of what modern feminism teaches us, men ARE a necessary component to procreation. Sucks, I know...but I don't make up the immutable laws of Creation/evolution, I just enforce 'em, lady!
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:21:59 PM
Read my post again... NO ONE is hard wired to be monogamous. Women aren't either. The cave woman was single minded in her quest for the best possible mate... She slept with more than one dude on a regular basis, so much so that a male's sperm evolved to 'combat' other men's sperm *inside her womb.* I kid you not.

Monogamy though was created by men to overcome the inequalities between different men in their ability to get a mate. Its is totally unnatural, true, but it favors men!
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:27:37 PM
Well awesome Teenwolf, that the ideal outlook for a modern society. Most guys haven't gotten as far as you in selectivity. Most would settle for merely hot and sorta sugarcoat the rest, "Well, she is smart... she can read/write her own name." LOL.
 Energymaster
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:28:30 PM
I was commenting on your assertion, TuffLuv, that them nasty ol' Christian invented monogamy...um, nope.

Your statement that monogamy was "created by men (I assume you mean the male of the human species in particular, not "men" as in "humanity") to overcome the inequalities between differet men in their ability to get a mate," simply makes no sense. Why would I, were I the alpha in the cave, want ANY other man to have a mate? Do you know that male liones, when one displaces the alpha in a pride (the alpha male in a pride has ONE purpose: to make lil' lions) the new leader kills (and eats..waste not, want not!) any offspring he finds lounging about as a means of bringing the lionesses back into estrus for his purposes?

What rational sense would it make for me to say, "yeah, g'wan, Joe...you can have that 'un over there!"
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:33:48 PM
LMAO, yes, but you are assuming you would be the head honcho, lol, (funny how every guy thinks they would be the one in charge). Chances are you wouldn't be, hon. Just sayin'...

It was all the other guys that got together be it Romans or Greeks or Cretans or Sumerians or whatever... they made up those rules to even the playing field. Made it more democratic and egalitarian, so each would have a crack at reproduction.
 Eldrida
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:39:36 PM
On polygamy-

In many societies, polygamy made sense. Things like warfare meant that there were far more females than males- and many of these cultures prevented women earning their own income. It was a financial thing.

I'm curious as to how on earth people know about the sexual habits of cave women.
 Energymaster
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:39:44 PM
Yeah...that's pretty much the response I anticipated.

I'm not sure why women feel the need to do that, but oh, well.

BTW: I would be. Just sayin! Not that that's what I said previously, of course, but for some reason, women, when you point up that their assertions and beliefs are flawed, immediately retreat into this sort of thing. At least you didn't tell me my penis is small, huh?

Repeating a flawed premise over and over, even if you add in more players, does not magically make it true. Your assertion does not make rational sense. Men (as with any other animal)--and I mean the male of the species--are by nature competitive. "Giving" the other guy girls does not happen. You MIGHT let your wingman have the fat, homely one...but the alpha does not do it this way. I never did that when I used to be the alpha (for getting the babes anyway...can't WAIT for the biting response to that one!) in my clubbing days. In fact, I often insisted on taking at least two, leaving even fewer for those lesser males.

Just sayin!
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:48:57 PM
Believe what you wish... but just because guys are 'competitive' doesn't mean all guys 'win' and the perpetual losers at the mating game: short, puny, fat, BALD, poor, & old banded together to even the playing field. It was either cooperate or continue losing out. Creating monogamy was a triumph of civilization, they used their brains to compete.

Eldrida, they did so from observing the various evolved 'tasks' that sperm had to compete with each other in the womb and extrapolated from this. For instance, a man who has been away from his mate for a long time is going to have 10x more potent sperm than normal because the 'chances' that she mated with another man in his absence were 'higher' so his seed is 'amped up' and ready to fight it out to get that egg fertilized. They have even found distinct 'types' of sperm that carry out different tasks. Its quite fascinating.
 Energymaster
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:51:10 PM
I'm at a loss here..it's clear you either have pretty severe comprehension issues...or you are simply ignoring reality.

And again: simply repeating the same argument, without any elaboration, over and over, does not make the argument more true...it simply indicates you haven't the vaguest notion.
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 168
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:55:21 PM
I'm ignoring reality or have reading comprehension issues because I don't think you'd be alpha male? LOL. Sorry if you got your feelings hurt. Give it up. You don't like the conclusion but it totally makes sense. You can't just 'cherry pick' and think that evolutionary biology only applies to men.ll. Give me a break. I *did* elaborate... and I'm actually citing a book, which you are free to go out and read. Jeebus! What did you cite? Nada... nuthin at all... RIGHT! More bruised ego posturing. "If I don't like the message... it must not make sense."
 Energymaster
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:58:29 PM
Jeebus...I've read it. And countless others. It's an interesting idea, backed by virtually no evidence.

As is your assertion, jeebus! It's not a matter of what I "like," it's a matter of whether it makes any sense. It does not, for the reasons I've (attempted) to explain...but like many people, you "read the book!" and that book as thereby become the Last Word.

That's great. Has no connection to reality, tho.
 Fifi47
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/9/2010 4:10:27 PM
The fat homely one is not fat and homely to everyone, and few of said women would settle for being second best, like most women, they also do not want to be given to anyone.
 deltadallas
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 4:22:08 PM
what are men called who are gold diggers? perfect person who comes to mind is kevin federline (brittney's low life ex). if a man is whining about buying a woman a drink then he should not go to a club or go to a male gay club where he will not have that problem. but he could probably have that problem with dudes wanting him to buy a drink.
 wild heart
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/9/2010 4:48:10 PM

I don't have children, but if I did, they would be raised to work for what they want. No daughter of mine will be taught that her "biology" dictates she seek a man with lots of money. She will be taught to go to school, work hard, and get her own.

So did the guy who admitted giving his daughters too much. EVERY man I have ever met (apart from abusive ones) has thought his daughter was "special". What parent doesn't?! That in itself gives everyone a sense of entitlement.

Come back and comment when you do actually have a daughter. People without children say all sorts of stuff when they are not a parent. Having a daughter changes a man in many ways, heck having children changes a man in many ways.

And I know you are going to comment that I don't have children. I lived with my brother and his two kids (one boy, one girl) for about 7 years as his children grew up (from the time she was a baby) and then lived with my other brother for 8 years who also had a daughter.

BTW - Most women today have been taught to go to school, work and get their own - so how do you explain their entitlement?

As a man you can never really relate to how today's women feel because they now have to work and they came from a home with a stay at home mom and now they cannot provide the same level of care they feel they received from their mothers and the guilt that that can instill in a woman. Maybe the next generation will be able to avoid that. But at what cost I wonder?

Herein lies the problem: If I offer the "whole package", then I will seek the same in return. A hot woman who has no job or a shvty paying job and is dependent on others isn't the "whole package". As has been said many times, water seeks it's own level.

I agree with you - why shouldn't men seek out the same? I've no beef with a man who wants that and even know some guys who hold that belief. I've always thought I should be seeking out a man who is similar to me in most areas. Besides, I don't come from rich and I don't like rich men anyway (even though they seem to like me simply because I'm blonde and thin). A man worried about women taking his money or a man bragging or whining about his money are both "losers" in my book. I don't want to hear about your money or lack of.

A true gold digger offers attraction and little more. She is far from the "whole package".

Most men will be pulled in very very easily by that. I've seen it happen many many times. My biological father got himself in that very situation. Once they had a child, he wanted to stay home and spend time with his new family; but she was still interested in having a good time so she took his credit card and went out without him. He once told me "I like them when they look like their sh*t don't stink". He readily admitted that she played to his ego. Some women are very very good at playing to a man's ego - those are the ones who are seldom without male attention interestingly enough. But they are lauded as "nice, good hearted women" because they are so feminine and smiley and kind to all men they meet (which leads some of the poor suckers on), while the women who cannot or refuse to behave like this get passed over - kinda like the whole nice guy in reverse LOL.
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/9/2010 5:15:58 PM
Now that I consider it, in a Club, I would expect a man to buy drinks for me. That is how they show concrete evidence of their interest in me. Talk is cheap! Why should I hang around with a guy who won't spring? In a way, he is golddigging my time, because if he is not paying, he is monopolizing me and keeping me from meeting someone who may want to shower his attention on me! Really, I feel like the guy is a golddigger if he is not paying for BOTH of us!
 Vannili
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 5:31:14 PM
These men that are whining about a Gold-digger are men with no personality, they invited a woman for a date ,pay $4.00 + drinks and if he can't get a score for that amount he'd be screaming high up to heaven 'Gold diggers !!!!! LOL.

To these Gigolo who hate Golddiggers get a great personality and get a life, .. Those good women is just around the corner but are not looking for Gigolos... It's as simple as that.

Water seeks its own level.
 green.apple
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 5:57:21 PM
If she wants him to pay, he sees her as a gold-digger, and if she refuses that he pays, he calls her a "fool"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Gold-digger is just a term men invented to