Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women attracted to musicians?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 valenciacityx
Msg: 87
Why are women attracted to musicians?Page 11 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
If that is all so f'n important to get a woman.... go learn to play an insturment. Hell start with RockStar or Karaoke; even both of those do seem to have their screaming groupie followers.
 cheeriness
Msg: 88
Why are women attracted to musicians?
Posted: 5/8/2010 9:22:59 PM
Never been attracted to musicians.

My weakness........the stereotypical "sufer dude".....sigh
 TodaysCatch
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2010 7:38:28 AM
Five years old - this post has legs! Dunno why musicians strike a chord with women. And not all women are attracted to 'em, frankly, and I'm glad of that fact. Take your typical overachiever types, weed out the droll and dumpy ones, and the rest will be at your show - it's a true ego stoker. It doesn't hurt to be from some far away place like America, or that you're staying at some exclusive hotel, or that you'll be leaving the next day - all the fun is there if you want it. But as has been expressed here, it's different strokes for different folks, and there are far more responsible rock stars these days than you'd imagine. It's called a show for a reason - much of the act is theater, and not reality based. As an example, we got booked on a death and speed metal bill in Mexico City, with all these tattooed guys screaming gruesome lyrics in Cookie Monster style. Backstage, we discussed wives, mortgages, babies - these were some of the nicest, most normal people I've met. I realize that I can't hope to dispel all the myths about musicians in a single shot, but I can tell you that the left brain/right brain stuff I've read here is crap. Musicians are often gifted in mathematics and other analytical fields. Just the same, I don't recall autographing any breasts after a particularly dynamic lecture when I was a professor . . .
 JamieeLynn
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/16/2011 10:36:46 PM
I've known since puberty that my life was destined to be spent with a musician. Not just any musician who happens to play the keyboard sitting in his basement he got for christmas when he was 13, but the honest to goodness boy who spends 6-8 months of the year on tour writing lyrics and partying with his fans.
I'm under no delusion that this is an easy life, or one free of pain. Let's face it - rockstars these days are usually ***holes who abuse relationships and run around ramming their tongues down groupies throats.
I've had several instances where I have to find out from friends that my man was stepping out on me, and I've also been first hand witness to many friends in bands sleeping with several girls along the road that I had to ask for IDs for. But I still stick around, like most girls do. I could easily go find another guy who is totally willing to 100% commit to me and be there at every step, and yet I, much like a lot of girls with my addiction, stick to the ones in the tight pants and "hipster flare". I have no idea why I have such an affliction, I suppose I'm such a romantic that I feel like theres going to be that movie moment where I meet that one musician who spends his days on the tour bus wishing he could find "the one", and everything would be perfect from their on out. Maybe it's because my dad was a musician and my mom did the lights for his band throughout the first years of their marriage. Maybe it's because I'm addicted to the anxious feeling I get when I say goodbye to them as they get in their smelly van to travel the country with four other guys I don't trust. But I think if I'm really honest with myself it's because they are the definition of sex these days. I wish there was a better answer, but lets face it girls there's always going to be this group of us that wants that life, and I personally take pleasure in telling people I'm not a groupie, I'm just looking for that ONE musician that will sweep me off my feet.
 iwillcheatonyou
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/16/2011 10:42:56 PM
Because women like tall guys, and when a man is on stage he looks like he's 10 foot tall with a 13 inch penis
 larissan04
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/16/2011 10:46:39 PM
ugh! i worked in the music biz for a long time, and did a lot of session work, etc. i rarely dated musicians unless they were professional musicians. but even then, i found most musicians to be sort of the idiot savants of the art world. a lot of them are very poorly educated, and not all that up on current affairs. they tend to be very blue collar, wanna be bad-boy types, and most of them are clueless about the practicalities of life. to this day i prefer guys who are professional, conservative, and educated. nothing is more sexy then a clean cut man in a suit, imo. lol!
 JWS1974
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/16/2011 11:39:42 PM
People would be amazed at how many rockers just put on a facade and are really ultra conservative people that chalk the stuff they do in their work as being "an act".
 luxemale46nj
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/18/2011 12:42:30 AM
well..losers attract losers..ie..musicianss,,outside their music..they know nothing ...totally useless....
 pureblisscatch4u
Msg: 95
Posted: 8/18/2011 12:56:34 AM
For the record, I don't prefer musicians OR tall guys. I don't have a problem with them, but don't prefer them either. If anything, I prefer nerdy, quiet, scientist/professor types. ;)
Some women may perceive musicians as bad boys, or having confidence because they're on stage, or being talented/artistic. Hard to say, since I don't fall into that category. Like someone said, like probably attracts like.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2011 6:12:42 AM
They're no different than women who are attracted to successful sports figures, actors, politicians, or other celebrity types. Maybe it's the fame, fortune, glamour, or power that they're really attracted to. Some may even be attracted because of the talent that they themselves lack.
 Josee_1984
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/18/2011 6:52:48 AM
For me, I've grown up with musicians. Almost every guy in my family is a musician. My friends are all musicians. None of them are sluts. Yes, I have met musicians that are sluts but I've also met accountants that are sluts as well lol. I agree that some guys do the music thing to get a piece but the ones that truly TRULY feel their music are in it for the right reasons and THAT is sexy! It's like getting a "sneak peak into their soul" - as corny as that may sound lol. I'm personnaly a sucker for musicians and never want that to change lol!
 simpliciter
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Cause musicians are SEXY!
Posted: 8/18/2011 12:32:11 PM
If a woman plays a musical instrument or sings, she is instantly more attractive to me. I just dig it. Also I am an (amateur) musician myself so it is something i can relate to/have in common with her.
 complete_moron
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/18/2011 12:46:00 PM
It's not only musicians, but pretty much anyone who is popular, out to please the public one way or another.
Guys also, who aren't anything special, beside having a lot of women interested in him, also attracts even more.
The real answer is and don't get me wrong, don't take it literally - it's the smell of women what attracts other women.
You could be the best guy on the planet, with the best look, but if no women interested in you, you are way out of luck.
Have that same guy married or dating and you see an entire horde of women throwing her underwear at him.
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/18/2011 12:51:05 PM
I prefer a NON musician. A non popular guy and a total homebody. I guess I do not fall into the " want what another woman wants" section.

Just someone who works, does not need to be out all the time, the center of attention and who can prepare a rare rib eye is all I need. :)

larissan04
Msg: 101
Posted: 8/18/2011 8:09:42 PM
JWS1974~

You said, "People would be amazed at how many rockers just put on a facade and are really ultra conservative people that chalk the stuff they do in their work as being "an act."

And you are absolutely correct. There are many professional musicians (the key word here is professional, i.e., working, playing sessions, hired guns on tour, etc.) that I have known over the years that were very conservative. Of course, the whole "look" is part of their job. It's their job to dress that way, and if they are working professionals they make pretty decent money. The wanna be musician types are the ones that are the losers, and why any woman would date some wanna be weekend garage band moron is beyond me. ugh!
 egowitch
Msg: 102
Posted: 8/24/2011 3:03:08 PM
Maybe for the same reason men are attracted to female musicians ?

Because it's sexy to watch and listen to someone do their music thing, and get all passionate , and move around on stage , and maybe sing and/or play their instrument well, or totally charm you with the mood of the music being performed.

I both love musicians - and love being one !
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/24/2011 5:25:38 PM
I think it's for the same reason many (college-age) outgoing, social women tend to have a side-desire for bartenders... popularity. It's about status. It's not necessarily money -- but a great amount of money raises one's status. If a guy's a musician, it tickles many a woman's elmo -- he's on stage in front of all. Women want men that people know, see, and admire. Decent music? Followed by others? Sign me up, right? Popularity/status + what others like = high gravitational pull toward women.

As a side note, guys are more into status than they think they are... just like women tend to be more into looks than they think they are.
 SheLovesTheHattrick
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:19:49 PM
["]most musicians to be sort of the idiot savants of the art world. a lot of them are very poorly educated, and not all that up on current affairs. they tend to be very blue collar, wanna be bad-boy types, and most of them are clueless about the practicalities of life.["]

I couldn't agree more. Living in Los Angeles, where there are so many people trying to "make it" in the industry, I have learned that "musician" generally means: unemployed (or working in the food service industry), unkempt, WAY blue-collar, and often, quite dumb. There is NOTHING desirable about a man who calls himself a musician--the only thing worse is an aspiring actor. Common, boring, unchallenging, and undateable.
 larissan04
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/27/2011 8:46:56 PM
analoggirl~

you said, "Its so amazing to see people who have zero creative ability downplay those who do. I suppose in some people's judgmental minds it is a bad thing to even just give yourself a shot at your dream. "

having worked in the biz myself for half of my life i think many of the observations are true - especially in los angeles. i knew few musicians with college degrees, and most were ignorant of politics and current issues. that being said, some of these people are very gifted and talented, and have done very well for themselves financially, but they aren't very cultured or multi faceted. i'd never date a musician again, and i am one! you can't talk politics, economics, literature, history, philosphy, art etc. with them.

creativity can express itself in many ways, and one doesn't have to be covered in piercings and tats to be creative. the small business owner, the lawyer, the teacher, all use great creativity on a day to day basis.

home_osorio
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/31/2011 5:39:52 AM
not attracted to musicians

am attracted to regular folks
 JaxSunVilleGal
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/31/2011 12:37:31 PM
Because I am one.
 larissan04
Msg: 108
Posted: 9/1/2011 10:39:25 PM
I agree one does not have to be covered in tattoos or piercings to be a musician, certainly. it definitely depends on what kind of music a person plays, and what their "gig" is all about.

certainly, anyone who is only focused on one thing can be a bit boring, or difficult to relate to. i've known academics like this. experts in their field, and not interested in much else. some musicians do fall into this category. i've known more then a few were only interested in talking about gear. of course, this was fine with me, because i love talking gear, but for everyone else within ear shot it was tedious and boring. lol!
 92Gguy
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/4/2011 1:55:15 PM
I guess I can say that I can play instruments. They are the best instruments (gov) money can buy. The M4A1, the SAW(Squad Automatic Weapon), M2(Ma Deuce) 50.cal mg., and 240 b & h mg. These are fine tuned instruments of destruction!!!... lol j/k

I do play guitar pretty decent though. lol
 Vannili
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 9:40:49 AM
msg.1 :

Lemme think for a sec, ah thought because the guitarist/pianist has a strong fingers, the saxophonnist is great on blowing, the drummer is good on banging, and the singers have a sweet voice..............
 BigDumbM00SE
Msg: 111
Posted: 1/23/2012 6:05:13 AM
agreed as a male musican, I can say first hand that most arnt male sluts, most. The majority are Romantics if anything.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women attracted to musicians?