Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women attracted to musicians?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kid Wicked
Msg: 26
Why are women attracted to musicians?Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
it's because we have experienced wangs.
 masterspirit
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Why are women attracted to musicians?
Posted: 11/13/2005 1:27:44 PM
riphot,
I agree, the best musicians are the ones that do it for the music first.....and if the ladies swoon...well that's okay, too!!!!!!
 no angel
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 10:16:59 AM
Tis very nasty to say guys in bands are all male sluts, how do you know this? have you met them all? My sons been in a band for years, they love to play music end of story, tsk tsk u obviously are attracted to male sluts, end of story....dont tarnish everyone with the same brush, it makes no sense, and actually, its disrespectful, to those many great musicians who arent.
 Tinkle
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/15/2005 10:45:28 PM
I have no idea why they go for them. When I was playing guitar, drums, bass, doesn't matter I had a lot of ladies interested in me. Some interested after just meeting me if they saw me play. Same goes for famous and rich people. You think Howard Stern or Donald Trump could get as many ladies if they weren't rich and famous?
 michaeljustin
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 11:08:14 PM
i play every weekend..from 9 till 2 in the morning in a local bar band..doing some originals and alot of covers...and it does drive some girls crazy..i have been pinched..grouped..grabbed...hair pulled on...but!! this didnt happen every gig..lol..and i only met a few dates at my shows..playin the bar..i get to watch what girl goes home with what guy..and how offen they are in there...and i realize how many go home witha diffrent partner every night..scares the beejebus out of me..lol..i dont sleep around at my gigs..you will catch somthing..i dont want a sdt or anything,,i had my blood tested 6months ago and it came out clean..sigh of relief when i seen that..lol..it was the scariest test i ever had...but i came out ok..and i plan to keep it that way!!..i never take a girl home first night,,i mite give them my number and meet up with them any place besides work..and ill only do that if i dont see them sleepin with guy after guy..its a scary sex world out there..and a condum does not protect you from everything..lol

p.s..most good musicans are not in it for just the chicks..its too much hard work for some one just lookin to get laid...lol.i have learning to playin guitar for 15 years...and im still no malstine..but i get the job done and been playing live for 5 years on stage..too much work just to get some..but it does help somtimes if your good at your job.people will notice you:)
 michaeljustin
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2005 4:00:27 PM
ya ...yngwie is a monster on the guitar..he gots a big head about it too..i work for a music store part time giving lessons and setting up shows..my store manager went to a nam show to see the latest stuff..said eddie was there..vai was there..and malstine..i asked how it was..and he said..malstine was a jerk..lol..tried to cutt infront of line on everyone..they made him get in the back..and wouldnt sign anyones stuff..but he got vai and everyone else to sign...he gots a pic from the show with lita ford on his lap..and with weird al yankovic..he had a blast..he even grabbed a nelson brother putt him in a choke hold and said,,look a half neslon..lol...i just hope i get to go to one of those..sounds like he had a blast

as for the fretboard..i had a guitar with such wore down frets..they had to be cutt down a little...it was a old massada guitar..man when it was done,,the thing played like a million dollars..lol...you couldnt see the strings off the frets they were so low..it was my first real guitar..it got stolen from me while i was on vacation..i got a old 1000 dollar charvell when it was new and a gibson sg...and neither of those even come close to playing as good or as fast as my old massada..lol..i do miss that thing:(
 IMAQT
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2005 1:49:41 AM
Well...I've discovered the answer to this thread FOR REAL....

THE REASON WOMEN ARE ATTRACTED TO MUSICIANS.....

JON BON JOVI

Ya, I just got back from Detroit. He is so HOTTTTT for being 40something. OMG. And he still has it---Sex appeal dripping from everywhere right down to his baby finger. His devilish grin, his voice, his flirting with the audience, his a$$ in leather pants. Unbelievable show...

*(and Richie's not too shabby either)
 samyred
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/19/2005 2:52:55 AM
Damn... I always wanted to buy a leather pants ROFL

Yeah I guess there is somethine special about being a musician, I guess specially rock stars lol...
 Robertjames07
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/28/2005 11:59:54 PM
Vulnearability; there's a large amount of yourself uncovered and being sent out through the music.

Attitude aka as "swagger"; you have to have a certain amount of swagger to be able to get up on that stage and make things happen.

Performing music has an inherint & enhanced sexuality about it. From Jerry Lee to Elvis to Johhny Cash; there's few things more blatently sexual than a guy clutching an instrument and making it sing.
 eldubioso
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/16/2006 9:38:48 AM
I agree that musicians bear their souls on stage, some reveal more than others, but we lay it out there. I may be wrong, but women are attracted to musicians, because everyone needs theme music wherever they go. Back in the day it was called a minstrel. I'm like one of those minstrels with thousands of songs in my noodle just waiting to be selected from my brain-pod - no subscribtion fees, and no reports of malfuntion..yet. And what woman does not like to be serenaded? Musicians create the atmosphere that invites romance into the equation, and what's life without romance? As an accordionist, I have had my share of balcony serenades over candle-lit dinners, but the spontenaity of it all is what makes the moment special. We (musicians) defintely see the world differently, I've been called "crazy" "insane" and all other accusations of my mental state, but the papers certify I'm sane. Just because we see the world as a magical place full of wonder and amazement, is that what is attractive? We see the potential where others see an empty box? Musicians can sometimes be like pandora's box...or a box of chocolates. Have you ever had a song or melody in your head, but could not play it? Pick up an instrument and join the band!
Oh and women are attracted to well manicured fingers, someone who can keep a beat (rhythm), and the object of other women's desire (it's a genetically preprogrammed survival mechanism to destroy the other psycho ****es that want my man) j/k. What do you think?

WomanInProgress
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/21/2006 12:22:19 PM
I know women who will date anyone who's in a band no matter how much of a male slut he is, what he looks like, if he's got a job, if he does drugs...there are some true blue groupies out there. Then again, I have seen women try to sleep with bartenders or bouncers too...not sure what the whole staff conquest thing is about, I guess they feel like they are getting attention? From a local guy who delivers pizza on his free nights? Eh, whatever...strange. I've never been the groupie type. I have been in radio and worked with actual celebrities and they really are just people.

I like some guys in bands; the older ones (30s or so) that work full time and play on weekends for fun, and don't need or are not trying to be famous, etc - the younger guys are either so young they are still fascinated by the scene and the women and partying or do nothing else but book and practice (as they should be) and don't really have time for girlfriends.

Most of the guys I'd talk to in that scene are either past that groupie thing, or were never about that....NOT ALL....but some. Of course the ability to sing and or play music is nice, as I am a fan of music, and the long hair is a nice bonus. The biggie for me is that they are in the same industry as me, so they understand me working in clubs till 2 or 3 am and don't harass me about talking to drunk men all night which is just part of my job. The bar and club scene is just like breathing to me since I've been in it 20 years, and there are people in other types of jobs who just don't really get that.

It takes someone who gets the scene to understand you being in it. And of course there is mutual support, meaning I am usually out with them on nights they are playing, or vice versa.
 yankeebackinthe north
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/22/2006 3:24:51 AM
I don't know, it is just a fact of life. That's why I'm trying to learn how to play a keyboard.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/22/2006 4:19:33 AM

I don't think they fool around anymore than the average Joe.

I agree. Most of them are actually doing something they are good at, and that they love, as opposed to men who end up in jobs to pay bills they really don't like and have no creative outlet. Just because there are more women around doesn't change a man's personality, and a lot of them are content in relationships because they get to see the flip side of it while working and they can make an educated comparison. Muscians who cheat would have cheated anyway if they weren't musicians. It's just the personality they have.

What gets me ladies, is women who go after musicians, want relationships with them and then complain when the musician has to gig regularly or go out of town. For some reason the music is the attraction but once you have them, you want the 9 to 5 guy who stays at home.

OMG exactly, what is that about? My ex is a sound guy so I know a ton of local musicians, and quite a few of them married women they met while working, and those same women wouldn't let them play out once they got married. Huh?? Talk about bait and switch - totally not fair. If you can't accept a guy's life when you date him, then don't date him. This business of marrying him and then making him give everything up is just insane.

I am not sure if there are any published research about this, but those experiments (combined with experiences) I know, are talking against this confidence. Probably many performance artists give impression (and have it) when performing (the way person expresses his needs, face the environment) but their civilian personality is quite the opposite: introvert, shyer, more insecure (innerpersonal emotional needs). So, the change happens basically when they step “on the stage”, you could say that their internal revolving stage spins over. But you need to deal with the person outside of the stage ;)
For confidence… hmmmm, not sure but I would make a bet for an honestly extrovert salesperson.

Very true. A lot of the guys I know are totally quiet and shy when offstage, and just like many radio personalities I know, they develop almost an alter ego. Once you have to perform as part of a job, you almost need to be the opposite when you're not working.
 HottieScotty
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/22/2006 4:58:06 AM
Whoo-hoo... I play harmonica. Does that count?
 SimplyPeachy
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/23/2006 3:20:35 PM
Follow me into hell, and I will show you no mercy.
Follow me into heaven, and I will show you no glory.

Just 4 You
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2007 7:55:39 AM
"Music is the language of love. A man who plays music is already your lover even before you ever meet."

I agree with that. I sing in a number of Barbershop Quartets, one of which is called Just 4 You, and it really draws women in, as not many guys are into singing, but those who are, get the women wanting an autographed CD and Email address to keep in touch.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/13/2007 10:37:01 AM

Okay people, I’m a musician, producer, manager and had my on touring company. The reason woman are crazy for musicians is not about the musician, some musicians are crap and have no talent, it’s because they are the center of attention of the venue, chasing that musician and being seen with him make the woman feel good because they also become the center of attention if they are seen with him.

Yep! Hit the nail on the head - it's indirect fame and popularity that win most women over...being able to get someone alone and intimate that everyone else wants (or so it seems).

Doesn't explain why women chase after these corner bar musicians that don't ever leave the city or get signed to anything and work office jobs during the day...they are great guys but not really a payoff for the groupie type - if you are going to chase after a musician for the fame, why not shoot for the stars?

Then again I never understood why specific women chase after anyone in a club - bartenders, bouncers, DJs, etc etc just for the challenge of it. Strange.
 CompletelyDone
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/9/2007 2:01:49 PM
OP... You hit the nail right on the head when you found your childhood memories had a lot to do with your attraction to musicians. I also grew up in a home where music was just about the only bond our family could enjoy. My mother was a pianist/organist while my father could play any instrument he picked up but chose mostly.. the fiddle. He loved to "tamarack 'er down" as he used to say. The problem was that he was also an alcoholic and it didn't help that his musical skills kept free beer flowing in his direction all night long when he played for country dances. He quite loved the admiration that was always flowing in his direction. He could walk into any bar with his fiddle and immediately gain attention, acceptance and admiration. Unfortunately, he couldn't screw off from our home for 2 or 3 years and find the same thing when he decided to return home.

I am also drawn to people who are musically talented because it revives the "better" memories but like my mother, in my most recent relationship with a master fiddler, I found that I, as one single person, could NEVER clap hard enough or loudly enough to match an entire crowd's enthusiasm for my partner's considerable skills. Nor could I afford to keep the booze flowing all evening... And of course, I could never be "a different woman every night"...

It's a different way of life to live with a musician who's playing the bars. Your only hope is to get involved with the other wives of the members of the band. You have to be prepared to either sit with them or sit alone and of course, it does not fly well with Sir Instrument when he's up there playing and watching guys in the crowd hit on their wives.

If you can find your way around all of those obstacles, they YOU are the one who deserves the next round of applause.
 IThought UWereAHandpuppet
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/9/2007 2:07:45 PM
'Cuz horn players have tremendous breath control and lip/tongue muscles.
 canhelpu2
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/10/2007 7:25:52 AM
Don't forget us guitar players are really good with our fingers...
 isTHISuserNametaken
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/10/2007 8:50:06 AM
I personally think you stereotyping musicians way too much here! Not all, or even most of them are male sluts that will sleep with anything, I think that's just an unfair statement. People should be judged by their individual character only, not because they happen to play or sing in a band.

I've read somewhere that comedians actually get laid even more than musicians. By your logic, they must really be horrible male sluts!
 fancynanci
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2007 3:14:53 PM
I am a musician. I try to shy away from musicians (other than to play with them).
 Lilrayrayboy
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/10/2007 6:13:33 PM
I guess I'll polish up my music skills1 and see if that gets momen interested in being more than just freinds being a virgin is frustrating enough lol..

"Girl why you do me like dat, you take a walk on me and you coming right back so wait a minute"--Timbaland
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2007 8:08:51 PM
Because they're awesome. And hot. And usually some of the sweetest guys I've met. I should go back to dating my band guys.
 jazznblues
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/12/2007 2:36:50 PM

We know most guys in bands are "male sluts" and will sleep with just about anything so why are women always attracted to them??

I don't agree, Most of the musicians I've played with are just happy to just be able to play some music. It takes alot of time play and they're not spending that time chasing women instead they are practicing.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women attracted to musicians?