Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women attracted to musicians?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Naughtical
Msg: 51
Why are women attracted to musicians?Page 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
What do you say to a guitar player in a 3-piece suit ?
"Will the defendant please rise ..."

Why are women attracted to musicians?

I would say for the same reason some women are attracted to bikers...the "bad boy" image that most are labeled with.
 guitarcrooner
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2007 7:26:24 PM
Um, I never started playing to get chicks. It was because my father and my uncle told me not to waste my time.

When I was younger, 20's, I had my share. But now...not so much. Worship music isn't really a woman getter, if you know what I mean. When I do a romantic theater gig though...women do dig that. But, I've just always thought they were just being polite. I guess I had no idea when they were flirting with me. My loss i guess.
 SouthernGent11
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2007 7:42:14 PM
I've been playing professionally for 25 years across the US and overseas and although I have met my fair share of the opposite sex playing music, I think there's a quirkiness and fun side to a musician that a woman cannot predict and thats part of what keeps a woman interested in us. We are hard to figure out and to say we are all "male sluts" is a ridiculous generalization. It can be that way, but it's not unless you have a death wish. To be able to play music for a living is a true gift and I don't think you should discount the hours in the "woodshed" it takes to get to the level of playing that actually can pay the bills and make others say "wow" that is so cool. Now for all the hotties in the audience, I say he among us who has not been weak at the beauty of a gorgeous woman at a performance, cast thy first bar chord!
Maybe I should have finished law school, are you kidding me? No way!
Mark S.
 TessWa
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/13/2007 12:35:04 AM
Because they are good with their hands?
 Naughtical
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/13/2007 8:51:06 PM
Time for another bad musician joke...just to lighten the mood. Don't get me wrong, I love musicians (I just hope my daughters never get involved with one).

What's the first thing a musician says at work?
"Would you like fries with that?"
 crayonzz
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/14/2007 7:03:38 PM
Women are NOT attracted to musiciains.

Women are attrated to which ever men are fashionable at the time.

Over the years that has ranged from rock musicians 60s to folk musicians 70s to business moguls 80s to sporting stars 90s to gangster rappers 2000s.

Other odities have also found their way through the flavour of the year ranging from stuntmen to hairdressers, to skateboarders, to cleelbrity gardners, and chefs.

But, whatever they are, what they have in common is that right NOW all the girls are after them.

It's like the old row of swngs in the park. Two little girls are ready to kill one another over ONE paticular swing. Each one wants that PATICULAR swing for no other reason than the other one wants it.
 RDY007
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/23/2007 5:12:01 AM
im not even going to read this forum. just a few links to read if you care. mind you i dont make this stuff up.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,302463,00.html

http://oldies.about.com/od/rockabill1/f/jerryleemyra.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relationships_of_Elvis_Presley
 Vannili
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2009 7:18:31 PM
Perhaps there are only 99% attracted to musicians of 100% this one ol gal (ME) is never attracted to musicians..* Most* men in intertainment business has big Ego and womanizer,boozers, night is their life and few are lazy bums.............. Those guys are charismatic,romantic,sweet etc., so am I, that is part of the job,huh,okay that's the attitudes expected by the crowds.

I met a lot of musician/male singers , when I was a dancer, they can't score with me so the decided to treat me like a kid sister , they become kind and over protective to me like their real sister. Nuff said..
 barbee1970
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/1/2009 8:32:47 PM
Well man, the tribute band I go see their hair is so long they can mop the floor with it, they swing it around. And oh! those pants they wear leave nothing to the imagination.

Ok, the lady with her fishnet stockings gets the guys too so we're even. The Mex groundskeepers I know aren't into rock but they stand there looking up the woman's dress.
 misszmsz
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:21:15 PM
When I was the lead singer in bands, I mainly dated musicians, because they were the ones I had an opportunity to meet/hang out with.

Now that I work for a super rich guy, I tend to date rich guys, because they are the ones I have an opportunity to meet/hang out with.
 HazelRose
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:42:26 PM
I am attracted to musicians because they rock! LOL Joking! I love music, I love playing instruments and I love a guy who knock me down with his songs. LOL Give me Til Linderman of Rammstein or any of All That Remains and I will be a happy camper.
 rocknroll13
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/5/2009 9:58:35 AM
Not all musicians get the attention. Only skinny musicians that look like they haven't had a meal in 3 years and are strung out on so many drugs a pharmacist would be jealous of his drug supply. I am a singer in a metal band but I also play guitar and bass guitar and I have not slept with a single woman from being in a band, and I have played a lot of shows with a lot of big bands. Maybe because I have standards and I want more then just a lay.
 heterotic
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/5/2009 10:08:19 AM

Women are NOT attracted to musiciains.

Women are attrated to which ever men are fashionable at the time.

Over the years that has ranged from rock musicians 60s to folk musicians 70s to business moguls 80s to sporting stars 90s to gangster rappers 2000s.

There are many reasons women are attracted to musicians.

It just depends on the woman to lend to her reasoning.

Some women are into riding coat tails to fame.

Some women appreciate the talent.

For me, the more instruments you can play the more attractive you are to me.

If your voice gives me chills... well... cough.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/5/2009 10:48:44 AM
Different women are attracted to different men for different reasons I think.
I always thought Billy Joel was cool...and I did like Phil Collins and his sound
tracks.
Oh wait...did you mean people who played instruments or strummed the guitar
for their personal pleasure?
I wouldn't say I was attracted to them, but I always wanted to learn to play the
piano. Maybe I will.
I wonder if men are more attracted to women who sew and cook?
Only the shadow knows.
 TheReason_
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 11:58:50 AM
It's because we exude confidence and charisma. It takes a certain kind of animal to stand up on stage in front of a group of people and play or sing, or do both. Public speaking is the number one fear among adults, death is second. So to see people who thrive off of that is envious. How many times have you thought "omg I could never do that" and then find it hot that we can.

Myself, I feed off an audience. I always liked being in the spotlight, I was on stage from age 6 when I started with piano recitals. Year after year playing for this,'playing for that. Guitar and singing came naturally. Unfortunately, song writing did not. But hey, playing in cover bands was always fun, had the attention we craved, always had a hot girlfriend, and got paid to do what we love.

You don't work music....

You play music.

varinia
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/23/2009 1:39:15 PM
I don't know if this relates, but it's something that I noticed in myself:

I used to live very left brained and be very drawn to people that were right brained (artists, musicians, creative people etc). When I was about 30 my life changed in that I became interested in metaphysics. While I was exploring that I also started shifting myself more towards my right brain. I allowed my creativity to come out. I hadn't really realized that I was creative.

Society tends to put us into 2 camps. When you work in business you tend to think of creative people as 'others'. And creative people think of us as 'others'. And if we don't know that we all have the capacity for both, many of us put ourselves in 1 camp and never set foot in the other.

So, aren't we normally drawn to what we're lacking? So, I think I was drawn (even though I was never a groupie ;-) ) to people that lived very right brained. As I started shifting over, that attraction also changed. I'm more balanced and use both sides of my brain and I tend to be attracted to others like that. Not really that attracted to musicians,artists etc, because now I see a lack of left brain activity in many of them. A lot of flakiness that I have a difficult time with.
 pearlj
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/25/2009 1:21:16 AM
I knew a little girl,
who had a little curl,
right in the middle of her forehead,
when she was good,
she was very very good,
but when she was bad she was horrid,

Ahhh, musicians, thems my people lmao!
Charity
 whatever3321
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/25/2009 6:06:28 AM
I play bass and have been a couple bands and it has barely helped my status (bassist go figure) though it has helped me with women who are musicians.
 barbee1970
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/30/2009 7:24:42 AM
Long hair they can mop the floor with, spandex pants that leave nothing to the imagination, Hairbanger's Ball here I come!!
 angelblueyes1967
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/29/2010 12:22:19 AM
I love them too! I dated one who would sing and play the guitar for me in his band and at home. I dates another lead guitar player for 3 years! We had alot of good times with his band and all. He was also a drinker but he was a really nice guy. But boy could he play the guitar. I loved that. I would love to date another guitar player again if I had the chance! Music is my life!
 angelblueyes1967
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/29/2010 12:45:52 AM
rocknroll13 I don't think is all true that only skinny musicians get the attention. I seen your picture and I thought you looked like a nice guy. Wow, a singer and a guitar player that is awesome! You should have no problem finding a lady. I think it is sweet that you said that you wanted more than a lay. I wish more men were like you!
 *topchef*
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/29/2010 8:12:10 PM
I think it is because music speaks to the soul, and there are way to many people that dont live like they have a song in their heart. Someone who has absolutley no appreciation for music, is a red flag to me.
 NYguitar77
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/30/2010 5:53:46 AM
If women are attracted to musicians....and I play drums & guitar...does that mean I get two women?

Hell, I'll settle for one, but I'm still waiting for one to crash through the roof of my playing room while I'm playing guitar!
 MsMicki
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 7:07:54 AM

Talented fingers!!
 *buzz*
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 1:26:44 PM
Could it be their top-notch rythm in their bloodstream?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women attracted to musicians?