Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women attracted to musicians?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 76
Why are women attracted to musicians?Page 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Well, what do you consider a musician? A rapper? One of these death metal idiots who can't even speak a language, and stands in front of a microphone screaming? But as for real musicians, and why many may be attracted to them... There creative, obviously to get good at anything takes effort time and commitment. And to get up on a stage and perform before others takes lots of courage. What's not attractive about any of that?
 *topchef*
Msg: 77
Why are women attracted to musicians?
Posted: 4/30/2010 6:04:21 PM

One of these death metal idiots who can't even speak a language, and stands in front of a microphone screaming?

Those death metal idiots probably score more azz than any other genre. They at least do much better than say...Rascal Flatts.
 E_keys
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/30/2010 6:20:37 PM

Another important question, are men attracted to female musicians?

I sure hope so!
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 8:40:50 PM
art is about what's felt. musicians emote. that makes them appear to be more whole individuals, and it gives the emotional side of women something to connect to and be fed by.

musicians are also doing what they love. the thing that gives them their greatest joy, usually. they are having fun. who wouldn't be drawn to that?
 MsMicki
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 9:31:51 PM
I've never been attracted to a "famous" person.

But there is something about a guitar player that always catches my attention.
I think it's the passion he feels for music......the dedication to learn to play.....
and the fact I just love to hear a good guitar player strumming out a tune.

My current guy plays the acoustic, electric and the mandolin.
I could literally sit for hours and listen to him play.
 kailania
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/1/2010 12:55:08 AM
its the passion.
 sweetlikesugarcane
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/3/2010 8:53:32 PM
Musicians are hot.
 lobster tales
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/6/2010 11:49:45 AM
I'm guessing because musicians pluck women the right way? Maybe it's because they are bold enough to run their fingers along something and elicit a beautiful sound? maybe it's the pure seduction of poetry put to music brought to life via an instrument? I'm just sayin.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/6/2010 1:29:57 PM

Because of their talent/what they create with their talent (instruments). Musician's are passionate about the lyrics, melodies, and music as a whole. Music can be an aphrodisiac for the SOUL!!! and who doesn't love music?!!!

I don't "drop my panties" for musicians..lol.., but I have a passion for music/dance/much respect for the artists.
 venndiagram
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/7/2010 8:33:09 AM
I'm a musician, and was married for over 25 years to a musician ( technically I still am married, as I'm separated)

Never once did he pick up a girl while playing a gig. Never once if I dropped in where he was playing was anything inappropriate going on.

The girls might be attracted, but like anything else, it all depends on the guy- he's either a good one, or he's not.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/7/2010 9:49:13 AM
Women are attracted to musicians, aside from their "passion, etc" its because these men are more talented than most other men.

they stand out because they have a talent/skill that most other men do NOT have. they are a cut above...

at least in that area...

plus there is the fact that musicians are soo passionate about their music, so committed to their music that women are really attracted to men that are passionate about something...they can see it when he is on stage performing...

they want to tap into that passion...
 valenciacityx
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/7/2010 10:02:58 AM
If that is all so f'n important to get a woman.... go learn to play an insturment. Hell start with RockStar or Karaoke; even both of those do seem to have their screaming groupie followers.
 cheeriness
Msg: 88
Posted: 5/8/2010 9:22:59 PM
Never been attracted to musicians.

My weakness........the stereotypical "sufer dude".....sigh
 TodaysCatch
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2010 7:38:28 AM
Five years old - this post has legs! Dunno why musicians strike a chord with women. And not all women are attracted to 'em, frankly, and I'm glad of that fact. Take your typical overachiever types, weed out the droll and dumpy ones, and the rest will be at your show - it's a true ego stoker. It doesn't hurt to be from some far away place like America, or that you're staying at some exclusive hotel, or that you'll be leaving the next day - all the fun is there if you want it. But as has been expressed here, it's different strokes for different folks, and there are far more responsible rock stars these days than you'd imagine. It's called a show for a reason - much of the act is theater, and not reality based. As an example, we got booked on a death and speed metal bill in Mexico City, with all these tattooed guys screaming gruesome lyrics in Cookie Monster style. Backstage, we discussed wives, mortgages, babies - these were some of the nicest, most normal people I've met. I realize that I can't hope to dispel all the myths about musicians in a single shot, but I can tell you that the left brain/right brain stuff I've read here is crap. Musicians are often gifted in mathematics and other analytical fields. Just the same, I don't recall autographing any breasts after a particularly dynamic lecture when I was a professor . . .
 JamieeLynn
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/16/2011 10:36:46 PM
I've known since puberty that my life was destined to be spent with a musician. Not just any musician who happens to play the keyboard sitting in his basement he got for christmas when he was 13, but the honest to goodness boy who spends 6-8 months of the year on tour writing lyrics and partying with his fans.
I'm under no delusion that this is an easy life, or one free of pain. Let's face it - rockstars these days are usually ***holes who abuse relationships and run around ramming their tongues down groupies throats.
I've had several instances where I have to find out from friends that my man was stepping out on me, and I've also been first hand witness to many friends in bands sleeping with several girls along the road that I had to ask for IDs for. But I still stick around, like most girls do. I could easily go find another guy who is totally willing to 100% commit to me and be there at every step, and yet I, much like a lot of girls with my addiction, stick to the ones in the tight pants and "hipster flare". I have no idea why I have such an affliction, I suppose I'm such a romantic that I feel like theres going to be that movie moment where I meet that one musician who spends his days on the tour bus wishing he could find "the one", and everything would be perfect from their on out. Maybe it's because my dad was a musician and my mom did the lights for his band throughout the first years of their marriage. Maybe it's because I'm addicted to the anxious feeling I get when I say goodbye to them as they get in their smelly van to travel the country with four other guys I don't trust. But I think if I'm really honest with myself it's because they are the definition of sex these days. I wish there was a better answer, but lets face it girls there's always going to be this group of us that wants that life, and I personally take pleasure in telling people I'm not a groupie, I'm just looking for that ONE musician that will sweep me off my feet.
 iwillcheatonyou
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/16/2011 10:42:56 PM
Because women like tall guys, and when a man is on stage he looks like he's 10 foot tall with a 13 inch penis
 larissan04
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/16/2011 10:46:39 PM
ugh! i worked in the music biz for a long time, and did a lot of session work, etc. i rarely dated musicians unless they were professional musicians. but even then, i found most musicians to be sort of the idiot savants of the art world. a lot of them are very poorly educated, and not all that up on current affairs. they tend to be very blue collar, wanna be bad-boy types, and most of them are clueless about the practicalities of life. to this day i prefer guys who are professional, conservative, and educated. nothing is more sexy then a clean cut man in a suit, imo. lol!
 JWS1974
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/16/2011 11:39:42 PM
People would be amazed at how many rockers just put on a facade and are really ultra conservative people that chalk the stuff they do in their work as being "an act".
 luxemale46nj
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/18/2011 12:42:30 AM
well..losers attract losers..ie..musicianss,,outside their music..they know nothing ...totally useless....
 pureblisscatch4u
Msg: 95
Posted: 8/18/2011 12:56:34 AM
For the record, I don't prefer musicians OR tall guys. I don't have a problem with them, but don't prefer them either. If anything, I prefer nerdy, quiet, scientist/professor types. ;)
Some women may perceive musicians as bad boys, or having confidence because they're on stage, or being talented/artistic. Hard to say, since I don't fall into that category. Like someone said, like probably attracts like.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2011 6:12:42 AM
They're no different than women who are attracted to successful sports figures, actors, politicians, or other celebrity types. Maybe it's the fame, fortune, glamour, or power that they're really attracted to. Some may even be attracted because of the talent that they themselves lack.
 Josee_1984
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/18/2011 6:52:48 AM
For me, I've grown up with musicians. Almost every guy in my family is a musician. My friends are all musicians. None of them are sluts. Yes, I have met musicians that are sluts but I've also met accountants that are sluts as well lol. I agree that some guys do the music thing to get a piece but the ones that truly TRULY feel their music are in it for the right reasons and THAT is sexy! It's like getting a "sneak peak into their soul" - as corny as that may sound lol. I'm personnaly a sucker for musicians and never want that to change lol!
 simpliciter
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Cause musicians are SEXY!
Posted: 8/18/2011 12:32:11 PM
If a woman plays a musical instrument or sings, she is instantly more attractive to me. I just dig it. Also I am an (amateur) musician myself so it is something i can relate to/have in common with her.
 complete_moron
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/18/2011 12:46:00 PM
It's not only musicians, but pretty much anyone who is popular, out to please the public one way or another.
Guys also, who aren't anything special, beside having a lot of women interested in him, also attracts even more.
The real answer is and don't get me wrong, don't take it literally - it's the smell of women what attracts other women.
You could be the best guy on the planet, with the best look, but if no women interested in you, you are way out of luck.
Have that same guy married or dating and you see an entire horde of women throwing her underwear at him.
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/18/2011 12:51:05 PM
I prefer a NON musician. A non popular guy and a total homebody. I guess I do not fall into the " want what another woman wants" section.

Just someone who works, does not need to be out all the time, the center of attention and who can prepare a rare rib eye is all I need. :)

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women attracted to musicians?