Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Broadcasting that ur "disease free" in ur bio.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 urapnis
Msg: 15
Broadcasting that ur disease free in ur bio. Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I think your an obvious troll and a fake. Seriously. I can't believe your profile hasn't been deleted yet.
 PerceptionTheNight
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Broadcasting that ur disease free in ur bio.
Posted: 12/7/2010 9:01:25 AM
I would just like to through this out there. There is no FDA approved test for HPV in males. Period.

As for getting tested regularly. I myself have been getting tested every three months for the last decade regardless of whether or not I was getting some strange. And if you want to put it on your profile, hey that is your prerogative. Some people like it, some people don't. That is what makes us individuals. So embrace it or **** off.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/9/2010 6:31:54 PM
People who date on Craigslist should really go to profile review before
they type up a profile in here where a little finesse is required.

nuff said.
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/10/2010 4:35:12 PM
i'm a communicator.

i think the more you put out there the better it is.

i have zero problem with putting that in the profile plus any other info you'd like to lay on me.

you say what you're preferences are don't you? you want tall, blonde, kind, etc.

you're saying you want disease free too. nothing wrong with that. after all, one in four people have some form of herpes, which is simply a cold sore maybe once a year. lots of people have it. you're just saying "i don't". pretty simple.
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/15/2010 7:57:19 AM
msg 35

who would say "please have a disease?"

i have seen profiles where the women openly admit that they have herpes in an effort to find a partner who has herpes.

communication and openess and honesty..... once again the key.

DemonLeather
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/15/2010 8:29:31 AM
Ummmmmmm... probably because saying your"desease-riddled" wouldn't get you very many dates,.Well.unless you found the appropriate desease-riddled partner,. then let the bodily fluids & bugs & viri fly!! Whooo HooOOoo!
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/17/2010 8:18:44 AM
obviously you prefer to keep a mysterious profile Mr. Abelian.

you wrote:
"Communicating involves telling people what is relevant, when they care to know it, not writing down down whatver comes to mind as you type."

correct. and what is relevant for you may not be relevant for others. we all have our own priorities. being open about your desires and "special needs" can help to weed out those who don't want you or who YOU do not want.

you wrote:
"Just because something is a preferreance doesn't mean you should just list everything that comes to mind. "

i will list all the qualities that i feel is necessary. please do not tell me what i can or cannot do on my or anyone else's profile.
it's bad enough that the uber liberals who run this site can censor my opinions on the forums, i do not want you to do it on my profile as well.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/18/2010 10:04:24 AM
~OT~ I take this disclosure like all others, anything that begins with statements such as: drama-free, nice-guy/gal, great sense of humor, athletic, etc., etc. I'd like to assume these things are true, but until I know that person, the verdict will be out on whether or not I think he's a nice guy with a good sense of humor and an athletic bod. DDF may very well be the truth (like the other things listed) but until I know them to be true, I don't really know. Show me current test results for STD and I'll then know, otherwise? Maybe it's true, maybe not so true. JMO
 sexyisback!
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/18/2010 10:24:56 AM
maybe next people will proudly proclaim:

I wipe my butt AND wash my hands after taking a dump..

yippeee for me!
 sexyisback!
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/18/2010 10:30:57 AM

nener12345@hotmail.com

So true, VGE.

for so many things, if a person's got to say it, I'd often assume the opposite is true.

almost always when someone makes a big deal of saying they are honest, they're compulsive liars..

when someone is throwing a lot of 'to be honest..' or 'honestly, ..' into their speech I'm thinking Big time LIAR here..

when they are so focused on thinking of the lack of a quality they say over & over that they have it..

'no drama' often = drama queen here

the old saying is so true, Actions speak much louder than words..

'deeds speak'
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/21/2010 2:11:46 AM
Just because something is a preferreance doesn't mean you should just list everything that comes to mind.

Exactly. And a good communicator is aware of this -- because efficiency in communicating isn't just answering questions -- it's knowing when to make statements, what gives people particular impressions under various conditions, etc.

"I am disease free" -- a good communicator would know that it falls in line with the classic "I want someone drug/disease free" -- ie an indicator their focus is just on sex & rolls in the hay.

Additionally of course, one shouldn't say "I have no herpies on my mouth. I also don't have AIDS the last time I got tested. I don't torture animals. I would not find pleasure in beating women. I do not pressure women into anal sex. I do not have to wear a bib when eating; I eat at a good pace. I do not shout embarrassing things about others in public to get a rise out of them. I do not have cancer. My penis is not small." I mean, come on. A person saying any of those things would be a horrible communicator, because communication's a two-way street. A profile shouldn't be assumed people are begging to ask the person such questions. It can easily throw off a red flag, and rightfully so.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/26/2010 9:06:32 AM

anyone can put anything in their ad-fake info, fake pix, u name it- that is why I am a proponent of real life dating.

Honestly, about the only thing one has an advantage of hiding when being online is the looks, when comparing it to meeting someone at the bar, etc. Two strangers running into each other and schmoozing allows for anyone to "fake". Con artists didn't come into existence due to the Internet... :)

why tell the story of your life...nine times out of 10 after meeting you don't see eachother again & you've spilled your angst for what???

Well, I wouldn't say 9 times out of 10... if that's the case, and one isn't looking for just one night stands, then I'd say there's something wrong with them. But I agree -- why tell the story of your life? I would say point out the outline of who & how you are -- or a reflection of your personality so people can get a vibe on the potential matchability.

most men in here tell me the women they meet are nuts, or not attractive, don't look like their pics, etc.

I think that's a gross exaggeration... unless they're guys who have a real hard time finding women so "all" is just a few. I would say that there's a trend, though: If you take a gal with say 5 pics that vary considerably... there's a very good chance she'll look like the ugliest one. And if it's just neck-up shots, she'll be overweight if she put or seems 'average' from the neck-up.

the women seem to say the guys are scared/disinterested or dump them after sex

Well wait -- you say 9/10 times you won't see them again anyway, right? So knowing that high probability, they knew they'd lack interest whether sex was involved or not -- so they can't say it's due to the sex! :)

there are people who do meet & form relationships, but what percent??? why broadcast anything???

I think it comes down to this:
a) Many people are open to forming relationships -- but not with "you" or "her" or "him" per se. BUT with someone that fits their mold.

b) An online site or the bar scene in a city can keep someone in "window shopping" mode. They'll get pickier, because when they want it (yes, women included), they'll get their rocks off with someone they're comfortable with but not wanting a relationship per se with them. They enjoy being in the buffet/taste-tester mode... or just not a decisive person -- when hit up with many choices they get too frazzled about making choices and just run around in circles.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2010 10:01:24 PM
Most of us here are safe, if we just keep our hands washed on a regular basis.................
 ~rain~
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2010 8:30:22 AM

so is that like saying u prefer to have a dude announce that he has to visit a clinic every 3 months?

I know I would!!!!
To say they donate blood regularly, and never have sex without protection is also a huge plus.
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/27/2010 10:22:29 AM
if you're on here for dating, long termor intimate i assume you'll probably want sex so announcing that you're disease free is good.

condoms:
i have to go bareback, skin on skin.

i cannot feel a thing with a condom on and it can be a struggle to maintain a full stiff erection for a long period of time with one on.
sex is supposed to be pleasurable for both parties.
i envy men who can FULLY enjoy sexual intercourse with a condom on.
 nonsensical
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/31/2010 11:30:44 AM
I would hope people that Do have an STD and would not consider using a condom would inform their potential partner about their status and let him/her decide if they would still prefer to have sex without a condom.
 Ainen
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/3/2015 6:05:59 AM
The first thing that pops into my mind is "eww, STDs". Bad first impression. It also sounds defensive, increasing the chance they might have one or more diseases.

I've seen that in only one profile; she claims she's disease free and requires he be too.

She's probably telling the truth because she seems frigid. Once she changed her profile text into a rant. One of her complaints was men who suggest sex by the 4th date. Doubtful many men would stick around for someone who doesn't put out. The men who would be willing to wait are probably nice guys she wouldn't find attractive. She's been here "forever".

I've seen more profiles where they admit they have herpes.
 Aradia96
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/3/2015 7:41:42 AM
It's not a good idea to broad cast that unless you are only looking for casual sex pretty much
 besamiculo
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/3/2015 7:48:04 AM

at least they know their status and bother to get checked.

no, not really..you know that they have posted that in their bio, that is all - there is a possibility that not everyone is 100% honest in their on line profiles
 mike11091
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/3/2015 7:56:56 AM
I agree with Aradia...I think listing it on one's profile is simply drawing one's focus to sex, or pointing out a focus on sex.

If you're here for dating, listing such a thing could actually repel people. Sex, IMO, is a big part of a relationship, but it is NOT a huge part of getting to know someone (aka dating). I save the STD chat for people I actually want to have sex with.

Just my opinion...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/3/2015 7:59:23 AM

Posted by standardissuem:
"That night she dropped the bomb -- she has HSV-2. So now I'm waiting for my test results. I haven't had an outbreak, but most men never do. Her reasoning was that over the last 20 years she had never given it to anyone. I seriously doubt they had been tested since you have to specifically request HSV. Not very sound logic 'it hasn't happened in 20 years, so it won't ever happen."

Oh my goodness you must be sitting on pins and needles now waiting to hear from the doctor. How stressful!
My fingers are crossed that luck remains on your side and that you receive a "good news" call from your doc.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/3/2015 11:28:28 AM
Makes it a meat market. USDA approved. Disgusting. And seems Aradia commented that it draws attention as a sexual object. Go, Aradia.

I do admire the honesty and courage of those who are positive for anything who post that in their profiles.

EDIT: I don't mean "go away, Aradia". I meant it in a good way.
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/3/2015 3:21:15 PM
There's a woman local to me who has posted that she has herpes and wishes to teach everyone about herpes awareness.

My guess is, she's not disease free.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/3/2015 4:17:32 PM
^^^Putting that law degree to good use, I see, Kewl.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2019 6:04:21 AM
While I'm not here for a full out relationship have stated I'm disease free....
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Broadcasting that ur "disease free" in ur bio.