Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is meeting halfway reasonable?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TracieBabie
Msg: 51
Is meeting halfway reasonable?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
It's obvious you didn't ask her. You would have felt stupid because of the answer she would have gave you.
 XOthermic
Msg: 52
Is meeting halfway reasonable?
Posted: 10/7/2009 1:04:01 PM
I'm just guessing but I think it's unlikely that the two of you are compatible.

I'm totally guessing here.
But yeah, that's my gut feeling.
 lovemesomemen
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/7/2009 1:49:10 PM

It's obvious you didn't ask her. You would have felt stupid because of the answer she would have gave you.

Do you want her number? Cuz she'll give you the answer as I stated. If you're lucky, she won't be having sex with grandpa. Those crazy kids. Don't call while Cold Case is on though. That's her show. She gets mad when someone interrupts it.

But like I said in another post. You're a 'professional dancer'. Which is just a fancy phrase for stripper. That's fine. That's why you think men should pay for you. You're already used to it.
 luv_forums
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/7/2009 4:31:25 PM
OMG, first Tracie's posting her general comments about men's height, and now this? Wow, I know who won't be winning the popularity contest ;)

Anyone who considers themselves a prince or princess is, in my mind, a selfish spoilt brat. There's a fine line between having reasonable expectations about having a bit of integrity and self respect regarding what you deserve, and having UNreasonable expectations where people "should" do this and that for you. I certainly don't expect my dates to pay for my dinner (even though all have offered so far), or even chauffeur around for that matter. Just as long as we agree to meet halfway, then I don't see a problem with this.
 LUSTING IMPRESSIONS
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/7/2009 6:05:05 PM

OMG, first Tracie's posting her general comments about men's height, and now this?

Yeah, just a quick browse through her posting history confirms her as a trollish****(or is it a****sh troll?). Good thing she probably doesn't believe all the inflammatory BS she's spewing.
 browneyedgirl514
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/7/2009 6:47:20 PM
Meeting half way is more than reasonable. Hey, if I really wanted to meet the guy and he had an issue - like car problems - I would drive all the distance. Maybe she has personal issues that she can not deal with. Like maybe she presented herself to be something that she is not. Think about it. It is not you - it is her. Do you still communicate with her? I find myself in a similiar situation - only I know what the issue is. I can accept the issue completely, but this person is still reluctant. Actually, I am debating about driving the complete distance - as I have spent hours and hours chatting with this person - it is not just hours, it is the gifts that were done for me.
I NEED SOME INSITE ON THIS MATTER MYSELF. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD RESPOND TO IT, ALSO.
 FLrainbow
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/7/2009 6:47:30 PM
This whole post has turned into a nasty free-for-all. To: 1kindMan4U I like they way you think! BTW I don't think meeting half way is unreasonable but I will only meet in a place that I feel comfortable.
 TracieBabie
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/7/2009 8:36:42 PM
Yes. Give me her number.

What is all this talk about me being a troll? I'm a real person with real beliefs regardless of whether or not you agree with them.
 arwen52
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2009 8:46:49 PM

My own view is that if I am the one asking her out, it's my decision where I invite her

It's an *invitation* and she's free to turn it down for whatever reason, including that it would be inconvenient for her.

I have a rule that I won't drive a significant distance to meet a guy for the first time. I developed this rule after I drove over an hour and then waited half an hour in a noisy, obnoxious bar for a guy who didn't show up. It wasted the better part of an afternoon. He apparently showed up half an hour after I left, had a pretty lame excuse and *no* excuse for why he didn't call me.

As others have said, there are no "rules" except common courtesy. You make up your own rules and mine is that I'm not going to inconvenience myself for someone I haven't met.

You both seem to have some "issues," as they like to say.
 luv_forums
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/7/2009 8:58:26 PM
Yes. Give me her number

Ew, that is just too creepy. You're kidding right??

Just cos you're a real person doesn't mean you're not a troll :P A troll is just someone who goes around forums posting up lame/offensive comments just for the sake of it. Verbal vomit, if you will.

Edit: Haha
Ewww. She wants to have phone sex with my granny!

Haha, forget phone sex, she probably wants to phone her to track down her address so she can stalk her later on! :P Don't give her your granny's number!
 lovemesomemen
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/7/2009 9:03:00 PM

Yes. Give me her number

Ewww. She wants to have phone sex with my granny! You'll probably charge her too. You're sick. Stop taking so many drugs.
 TracieBabie
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/8/2009 6:03:19 PM
You look like you take drugs so I'm sure you would know?
 lovemesomemen
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/8/2009 6:08:31 PM
You look like you take drugs so I'm sure you would know

Oh sweetie. A good education would help you with better insults. That is a fail. We understand. We get it. Someone loves you.
 almostxyours
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/8/2009 10:54:47 PM

Are other guys just more willing than I am to tolerate immature, demanding behavior from women?

Wow... I'm amazed at that comment. Because I have run into my share of creepers, not all of them from the internet, I like to stay in my comfort zone. I've never had a guy decline to see me because I asked if we could hang out closer to where I know things are (also being that I'm new to the area it sets me up to not get lost out in bfe with no cell reception). Different people have their reasons... Did you bother to ask what hers was? Or were you just too caught up in seeking out "red flags"?
 lovemesomemen
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/8/2009 11:40:14 PM
Back to the topic at hand...even though OP is long gone. When it's a first meet, I don't think meeting half way is unreasonable. But....Houston....hmmmm. Maybe the area suggested wasn't deemed that safe? Perhaps something bad had happened to her. Maybe the idea of driving to have some drinks annoyed her. She might not have wanted to have to drive home once said drinks had been consumed. Could have been a red flag that you were hoping to get her drunk and then oh how nice you live close by. She can just crash at your place until she sobers up. Nothing will happen. You swear.

My own view is that if I am the one asking her out, it's my decision where I invite her...especially if I'm the one paying for drinks.

BOTH parties should agree on a place to meet. It should be a joint decision. Not the whole "I'm going to pay so we go where I wanna go." Sounds like a temper tantrum.

If you want to meet each other and are interested in dating, you should be willing to drive across town to see each other

Sure...if it's a place agreed upon by both parties.
 cassivi1971
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/9/2009 2:31:54 AM
I'm wondering if she may have just been acting cautiously... You invite her for "drinks" (alcoholic, I'm assuming) near "Your Place." Maybe the issue here is not the driving per se; but the fear of having a drink too many and not being able to drive herself home. Conveniently, you live just around the corner, perhaps walking distance even. Rather than offend you by saying that this was on her mind, it was likely easier for her to use the excuse of the drive.
 WasabiGal
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/9/2009 6:36:56 AM
The OP is obsessed with being taken advantage of...as are some of the other male posters. So many damaged, bitter people. I don't date men who would be concerned about having to travel more than me on the first meet. Is it a double standard, sure. But life ain't fair. Lots of double standards that suck for women (like ageing). What am I going do, come on here and whine about it? Suck it up. Gentlemen understand that a woman may be apprehensive about her safety and need to stay in familiar surroundings. There's no way I would take the train out of town to meet someone the first time who doesn't live in my city, and that's the reason why I have usually refused to meet anyone not living within subway travel distance. But my guy was really persistent..and he did travel to see me. Quite happily, willingly. Now I often take the train to see him! It would be total princess behaviour to expect him to always to come to me. But initially, yes. A gentleman will do just that.
 **~renegadeoutlaw~**
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/9/2009 6:57:24 AM
I don't mind driving a bit further than someone else as I am used to it.....I live in the country, so yes, I will more often than not drive a bit to get into town to meet friends, run errands, etc. Thank God my vehicle gets nearly 30 miles per gallon! lol

BUT what really pisses me off, is if I drive 45 minutes one way only to be stood up......and have NO phone call......after all, the majority of us out here DO have cell phones......NO explanation, NO anything. - THEN several months later, I receive a phone call or email from the person who stood me up asking "how I am doing and would I like to meet for coffee........."

So no, by virtue of where I live........I don't mind driving, but if you are going to set up a time and place you damn well better be there and if you can't make it, give me a call. I will understand if something came up. After all, it's only common courtesy...........

As far as safety and comfort goes........well, I understand that very well. We all have our comfort zones etc. and with the world the way it is these days, well all I can say is safety IS a must! So happy meeting, happy dating, and be safe!

specialk296
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/10/2009 8:29:58 PM
I think that meeting halfway is completely reasonable. I have driven the whole way for someone and after a few dates it got old so I let him go. My general rule is to meet someone halfway if we live an hour away from each other. Sounds like this person is going to be high maintenance!
 lovemesomemen
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/10/2009 10:26:25 PM

NO! It's not!
I expect my date to come and pick me up. Pay for my dinner. Then fk me senseless in the parking lot. Take me back home, and never ever call me again EVER...

She has to pay for the pleasure of my company ...

Where do you live? I'll pick you up tomorrow night!
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/10/2009 11:05:46 PM

Admin: If you're reading this, may I suggest creating a red dot for princess profiles? A symbol similar to serious members.

Gosh, that is a brillant idea!
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2009 6:49:25 AM
I prefer to meet a guy at the place of his choice, it's always nice to go to new places you would't probably go to on your own.I really don't want a guy in my favorite spots ,because if he is a creep, he will know where I go then. I might suggest a place I have heard of that isn't close to either one of us. Thing is, hopefully he shows up...but even if he doesn't I'm going to stay and have one drink anyway, I enjoy my own company, and there is always karma.
 000_Bella_000
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/17/2013 7:16:14 PM
Yes! Carolann! I wonder where chevalry has gone sometimes?
 nyceguy85
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/17/2013 8:01:06 PM
Its plausable but not probable. A good number of women want to be right all the time, call the shots and have men meet them 75%+ of the way.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/18/2013 10:35:18 AM

A lot of people aren`t comfortable driving outside their area even if its the same city.Some people just don`t know their way around their own back yard.

That's pretty much it -- comfort zone. Not just due to traffic & routes (which adds to it), but just overall comfort zone of meeting someone new for the 1st time.

I think a guy's first goal with a girl he has (actual) interest in is to make sure she's in her comfort zone. Sometimes, that means driving out to her end of town. Never debate, let alone argue with her on it -- it'll likely be a lost cause then... ("But my box of condoms is at MY place, and my roommate's gone!")
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is meeting halfway reasonable?