Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > guy/girls who were cheap on date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jet_99
Msg: 1
guy/girls who were cheap on datePage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
any guys or girls here dated or have friends who are cheap. if so how was she/he cheap on the date. what did they do. any stories hehe would be great

i knew some girls who expected the guy to pay even after 2nd time i paid for her drink, she still didn't bring out her wallet. ---that is cheap to me

any cheap friends and if so what did he/she do-when you guys went out ehhe stories
 Vannili
Msg: 2
view profile
History
guy/girls who were cheap on date
Posted: 10/6/2009 1:56:06 PM
If you invited someone for a date ,it is your responsibility to pick the tab , unless you ask her if she wants to eat on this restaurant /drink in this bar on* dutch treat *or if she is willing to pay for both of your orders meals/drinks movies....In other word you have to negotiate with her .. her answer is a simple Yes or No...

I was invited for date first meeting of a POF guy, from another state, he ask me to take him for an American food restaurant for he was not familiar in my town,and I took him to one, I ask him discreetly if I may pay for my order ,he look me in eye and told that he invited me and he will take care of the tab.. OUCH!!! I impressed him like I don't know any better about social ethics,,,,, he said he never let a woman pay for his meal when he invited a woman...
I was just playing safe, because he is POF man and I notice in some forum how men begrudge the meal/ drinks they treat their dates... I don't believe that they are cheap,perhaps they are just broke but not a wise or* not a gentleman.*. why would they take their dates in a place that they can not afford????? just my 2cent
 Bullitt6996
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 3:18:27 PM
Sounds like you're not going out with people that you wanna leave a good impression with. 2 drinks is nothin, just remember that if you dig a chica and go for drinks, being stingy will make you into that guy that there's no chemistry with.
 forum101
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 5:56:03 PM
Done to death. Go read the coffee thread, it is enlightening.
All my dates, especially first dates, insist on paying. Where are you guys coming from, are you having such bad luck with women, you cant even pay for a simple meal? Are you dating too much? or not being selective enough? Just dating anything that will agree?
Some of you are just too bitter to be out there dating.
 clasact
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 5:58:15 PM
No, I've never been out with someone who was 'cheap' on a date.

But I have to say, the best ones I've been on have cost practically nothing.

I have offered to pay and have paid before though, so....
 Brian1342
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/6/2009 7:54:13 PM
Honestly, I'd like the woman to pay for the date occasionally. If I pick her up (aka initiate date planning) I don't mind paying, but if she plans everything (sort of - it doesn't make for a good impression to dictate a date plan) then I don't mind at all if she picks up the tab.

If women want to be equal with men, then the dutch date is the way to go. I can hear the whining of "but I want to be swept off my feet, etc" commencing, but since most women work and don't live with ma and pa until they get hitched there isn't any reason that women can't pick up their side of the tab. I'd say half, but the steak eater picks the pocket of the salad person when half is involved.

I am not saying a guy can't take a woman to a nice place out of the blue and pick up the tab, nor am I saying a woman shouldn't do the same. As a guy, I am just tired of paying for a lame duck date with a lame duck woman. Why do I keep getting stuck paying for someone's meal that I simply do not like.

I really don't think someone I just met off the street (internet, bar, favor for a friend) really rates a free meal at my expense. I'll give a hobo a few bucks, but he/she may actually need the money. I often not buy meals for my friends, so why would I want to pay for someone's meal who statistically speaking I'll never see again much less like.

And if I do like her, I really don't want her to believe that me paying for the entire date is the "norm." Dutch first dates are a great way to establish precedence. I'll spoil you later, if there is a later, and when I feel like it.

No, it won't do any good to argue virtue and chivalry with me, both of those went out the window with woman's lib. If women want equal pay then women should pay equally.

So, any date I have to pay for is a cheap date with a woman. And I've had enough of cheap dates already.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/7/2009 12:29:29 PM

Sorry dude, but if you're going to want a blow job from me at some point up the road, you're going to have to pony-up for a few dates.

Oh no you didn't..........
 Vannili
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 8:33:28 AM

Any man that brings up money or the fact that he's paid for this or that is a douche in my opinion, and isn't worth my time. Sorry dude, but if you're going to want *a blow job *from me at some point up the road, you're going to have to pony-upfor dates .If you can't afford to take a woman out and treat her to a few drinks and some food and fun the you need to stop dating.

Tina, thanks for the good laugh!!!LOL......

Well , if a man invite for a date, and have me pay for the gas because his cash are all hundreds, and in the end of meals he damned forgot his wallet at home..........
You bet! I will still give him a* Blow Job* ^^^^^^ I will blow a dried Dandelion flowers to his face ,it's worth the money I spent on him to hear his one hundred ATCHOWS..
 friendofcanine
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/8/2009 10:51:09 PM

It was always my favorite car...til I flipped it over and totaled it. Woops.

THIS.DID.NOT.HAPPEN

I refuse to believe it.
 thwipp89
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2009 1:31:26 AM
"He has season tickets & a private suite at the new Cowboys stadium, but refuses to pay a valet. So he parks about 8, 10 maybe more blocks away, just so he doesn't have to pay the $20. Cheap!"

that's a little strange that he's got the cash for a private suite where the pokes play (that's gotta be big coin) but won't pay $20 for valet...however, me, personally, i *hate* to pay for parking and i certainly don't trust valets. i worked with valets at a hotel many yrs ago and later found out that some of them were major crooks- they stole a lot of stuff out of the cars they parked and some abuse your car with the way they drive, so...maybe that's his reasoning. many (not all) valets are punks, thieves and scumdogs.
 WasabiGal
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/9/2009 4:19:12 AM
I broke my first-date rule of keeping it simple, and agreed to go to dinner. I had had long telephone conversations with the guy and figured there would be no problem conversing over dinner. The restaurant was an inexpensive one, (one that he went to a lot) but I always plan on paying my own way. The guy ordered tons of food, plus soft drinks. The bill came, and although his share was much higher than mine, I decided not to be cheap, and to split it. I pulled my wallet out. And looked at the guy, who just sat there, looking at me. I realized after a moment that he was not planning on paying. However, that was bullsh!t in my opinion. And I am not going to be quiet about it. So I said to him, let's split it. Reluctantly he pulls out his wallet. Opens the wallet, says, oh, I don't have the correct change. I am thinking, WTF?!! So I reach over and pull out a $20 from his wallet, and say, that's okay, the waitress can bring change.

I made sure there was a generous tip, as I strongly believe if you can't leave a proper tip then you have no business being in the restaurant.

This guy got tossed into the loser pile.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/9/2009 7:29:18 AM
This is a non-issue from me with a man and vice versa (to date).
 Libraponi
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/9/2009 12:55:16 PM

I'm a very generous guy when it comes to my women.

even after 2nd time i paid for her drink, she still didn't bring out her wallet. ---that is cheap to me

Hypocritical talk. Oh! Wait! You're a "lawyer". Well, that explains it then.

njbris
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/29/2009 12:19:11 AM
Anyone who doesn't expect to pay for themselves are cheap, period.
 njbris
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/29/2009 4:07:51 PM

1st meets are for a soda or coffee. I don’t mind paying for mine. If a man asks me out and does not "offer" to purchase my soda, I don’t think we are going to be a good match.

How willing are you to do the asking out? Would you agree to go out with some one if you are not interested in them? The person who is doing the asking out is doing the favour. They have the guts to do the asking out. They risk themselves to rejection. And they do some thing that is an essential part in the dating process to make the wheels move in motion or else nothing will happen.

Yet the person who does this get's penalised for it.

There is no logic in it what so ever when people say who ever does the asking is the one who pays.

It's obvious that many women just use this excuse because they know that they are not willing to do the asking out themselves.
 njbris
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/29/2009 4:17:56 PM

hahaha Go ahead and ask a lady out and tell her you want her to pay for it. Get back with us and let us know how that worked out for you.

So just because you and many other women want to be unfair, it somehow makes it right and any man who thinks like me is in the wrong? ROFL

It's this simple, if you are not willing to pay for your own way, you are the one who is cheap. You are the one who is in the wrong.

If you can’t come up with a logical opposing argument instead of just saying "well ask other women and come back to us?" This proves my point

Because there isn't an logical opposing argument isn't there?
 Slack2Lykke
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 5:20:02 AM
I had a guy get up to "go to the bathroom" and not come back. I had to pay for his $8 glass of wine...
 techgirl27
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 7:15:03 AM
Just because she had a $20 doesnt mean she had extra cash to do everthing else. Maybe she has to pay $15 for parking or some other expense before she got home?
 njbris
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/30/2009 5:07:13 PM
Meal Ticket Beggars

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Meal Ticket Beggars
 gitana76
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/30/2009 5:35:17 PM
I had a first date on here where I had the guy meet me at a local bar/lounge restaurant that serves free pizza and I ordered a glass of juice for $4 (this was during dinner hour) and he did the same. When the bill came for $8, HE paid, but I didn't notice if he had left a tip. On the second date he took me to a nice park and we walked through the trails, and we talked about hard economy. Then on the next date, he picked me up for dinner, and ended up taking me through the drive thru at at fast food restaurant and even brought a coupon (which the clerk was really ghetto and gave him a hard time). I didn't want to be a b*tch and complain about it, so I just took it with a grain of salt (I am a sweet and frugal, practical girl) . Mt roommate was very upset about it and told me to stop online dating that it is dangerous and that this guy must have come from da hood... not taking me out to eat at one of the nice places which I am accustomed to going to eat (full course, sit down meal). We are in out thirties, for crying out loud. I am not so sure about going on a third date. He said he knows someone at the doors of some clubs downtown. I used to know someone at the doors when I was 21, hahaha.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 7:02:09 AM
^^^^ You mean there are women who aren't cheap dates, who will both ask and pay?

Nice theory, but it only works in practice if you live in the land of unicorns and rainbows where there's actually a clod for every corresponding slot (or vice versa).

In real life there isn't someone for everyone because the much venerated preferences which need to be matched up tend to be strongly gender dependent. This maybe explains why there's so little dating happening: in spite of huge throngs on either side of the gender divide, nobody's crossing the gulf in between; almost everyone is demanding those on the other side first agree to unconditional surrender before being admitted across. The condition of scarcity this creates only widens the distance seperating the two groups, so the whole thing spirals out into a state where ones preferences are irrelevant, no matter how desperately people cling to them.
 Slack2Lykke
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 7:21:40 PM
That is so true!
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:54:02 PM
If I had a nickel for every post on this topic I could afford to date every day and night for the rest of my life.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > guy/girls who were cheap on date