Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Nicest or favorite vacation place in the US      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 overlaid
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Nicest or favorite vacation place in the USPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
No question for me, it's Key West.

I've been three times this year, and will be heading back in November. Never stay more than three days, but always have a great time.

If I could afford to live there, I would.
 raxarsr
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Nicest or favorite vacation place in the US
Posted: 10/12/2009 11:31:45 AM
i've been to a bunch of places..but i'm by no means a world traveller.....but i cant think of a more beautiful place than glacier national park
 Yew Neek
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/17/2009 11:27:09 AM
ok i know ppl are gonna say like florida or california but the best place i've ever been in the US is Chicago great place to visit, and i went during the winter.......it really is the WINDY city.
 crazy4mars
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/19/2009 10:26:48 PM
The coast of maine in the fall, bryce national park after it snows,
havasupi indian reservation... backpacking down the trail can be a little brutal and hiking back up is beyond painful,
savannah georgia...I could live there. Olympia rain forest along the coast of washington. Lake Tahoe I love the winter skiing at Heavenly, Mt. Rose and all the hiking and mtn bike trails, I can't get enough of coopertown.
Living here in san diego has some pretty nice places...
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/21/2009 7:08:56 PM
Key West!!!
I made the permanent move here in 2002, so i get to live in my favorite vacation spot.
I love seeing ocean and nature when driving over the highway rather than factories and smog. I love ging to the beach whenever i darn feel like it.
Too many drunks and tourists though.
 Jan Jan
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 7:01:39 PM
Chicago - the major museums have a free day during the week; horizontal snow in the winter
NYC - tons of things to see & do
Maryland/Delaware beautiful coastline
Iowa in the summer - 4 roadside scenes 1) beans on left, beans on right
2) beans on left, corn on right
3) corn on left, corn on right
4) corn on left, beans on right
 SeatownMatt
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/12/2009 4:51:56 PM
For a city I would go with SF or NYC. I've been to 37 states and the most beautiful place I've been to so far is the Oregon Coast.
 imalitltpot
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/24/2009 7:53:31 PM
Two of my faves:

Sedona, Arizona - It's so beautiful....I can't believe it's in the same country as Kansas.

Colorado Springs, Colorado -- white water rafting trip. Simply amazing.
 Elizabeth023
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/9/2009 12:21:27 PM
Haven't travelled much in the U S so I don't have a favorite vacation place so far...
 Stargazer04
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/15/2009 3:01:17 AM
I have to say Oregon is a cool State. I am maybe a little bias as I was born and raised there. If you love nature it is worth looking at. There are water falls, rivers, lakes, and forests that are fantastic.

Anyone trvaeling to the U.S. email me if you want and I can go over some places to visit with you.
Michael
 myblueshadow
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2009 9:17:51 AM
Homer, Alaska is the most beautiful place I've ever seen! I didn't want to leave.

Sedona, Arizona is a close second.
 serendipidity
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/4/2010 6:54:13 PM
Hmm I have been many places in the states but I loved New Orleans.. it had been a place I had always wanted to go and was thrilled to go there. Bourbon Street and walking by Brad/Angelina's place and and... and going on the riverboat cruise and travelling down Mississippi to Biloxi.. was a great time. this was just 2 years ago so after the disaster... was a real experience to see the damage.
 Twilightslove
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2010 7:34:10 PM
So many great places to go and things to see in the US. It's really hard to pick a favorite.

I really love going to NYC yet it is hard to say it is my favorite.

My brother is on a trip right now that I would love to be on.

Here's his blog. He's left San Antonio and headed up through California into Washington then Canada and he is finally in Alaska. Alaska is amazing in the summer.

http://smithsuncommonadventures.blogspot.com/
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Nicest or favorite vacation place in the US