Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Health care      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gogetter56
Msg: 151
Health care Page 7 of 46    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
No skoochie, you're entirely wrong. Christians value the freedom to do right or wrong. We don't believe in forcing someone else to help the poor. That doesn't mean we don't care. The church does more behind the scenes to help the poor without accalades than you'll ever know. Why is the Mission in downtown LA there anyway? Hmmm.

This bill will put heavy burdens on small businesses. Here in CA there are already so many heavy burdens on businesses. Small businesses as well as large businesses have continually moved out of the state. We can't take on any more burden. This is the absolute worse time to be adding more burden. Talk about kicking us when we're down.
 BikerBiker53
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Health care
Posted: 11/20/2009 9:15:10 AM
A Modern Day Robin Hood,......

A Pied Piper of Poo Poo,..

No you're stealing from the rich to give to the poor.

Obama said he was going to "Re-Distribute The Wealth",..this is what you get.

Why,....do you PUNISH the people who have either gained an elevated status in the Tax Bracket,..and are Taxed more than the Lower Income people,..through their Hard Work,.or ability to use their "HEAD" to advance in this world ???

I am NOT in that elevated Tax Bracket,..but I don't think "The Rich" should have to pay my way in this world,....just like I don't think my Tax Dollars should go to fund Welfare Programs for people too lazy to work.

I have Paid for Health Care every week of my Working Life,..and its NOT my fault the system is Bankrupt, and they have to look for other means to create Monies to pay for said Health Care.

I do NOT even use the Health Care I've paid for my entire life,..of course I could if I wanted too,....But I use the VA Hospital because I have that right, I get great service, they have saved my life TWICE,...and its within 10 Min's of my home,...

Why should I seek Health Care elsewhere ?

Do you know WHY their PUSHING the passage of a HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL ?

Its because of the "illegals",..and the tremendous burden they have put on our Hospitals,...causing DOZENS to go Bankrupt, and close their doors in California,..and DOZENS more, about to.

The present Health Care system is OK in many peoples view,...if their employed and their Company offers it, many take it,...or find a Insurance Company that has rates more to their liking.

The elderly on fixed income that have to "Co-Pay" often complain because of the high Prices they have to shell out for their Medications,...and that's Understandable,....

If,.....Congress would address the issue of the Cost of Medications, and demand that Pharm Companies roll back their Prices,..there wouldn't be such a problem.

If Companies like CONSECO,....would NOT of PRICE GOUGED Senior Citizens to the tune of Billions,..(and got caught doing so),..then their wouldn't be such High Premiums.

Insurance Companies do a lot of Price Gouging,..to cover the cost of Malpractice Lawsuits,....if those lawsuits were more closely defined,..there wouldn't be so many of them,..which they are trying to address.

If the Medical Providers paid more attention to their patients, and paid more attention to each and every one under their care,..there wouldn't be so many cases of Malpractice,..and it wouldn't be so costly.

Hospitals do provide Health Care based on a Sliding Fee Coverage Plan,..and a minimum Co Pay,..so as to provide Coverage to every one that eligible for such.

A lot of people,...just absolutely REFUSE to buy Heath Care Coverage, because of several reasons,...
1. Their Healthy,..and therefor don't need it.
2. They have MONEY, to pay for an Office Visit, Treatment, and Medication.(If Needed)
3. Or they just simply cant afford it, due to Financial problems.

This "Health Care Bill",...should of been well thought out long ago.

Only NOW,..that the Country is almost Bankrupt,..do they want to address the issue.

WHY ?,...because of the "illegals",..and the burden they are causing to our system.

Obama said that no illegal will receive Federal Funded Health Care under the new Health Care Plan,...all the while pushing for a plan to give Amnesty to these "illegals",
so they will no longer be "illegals" and therefore able to get Health Care Coverage,
which supposedly will result in NOT being such a Burden, and $COST$ to our system.

Instead it will add another 12 to 30 Million people to an already over burdened system,
who will for the most part pay a small "Co-Payment",..or get FREE Health Care Coverage,...like so many of them do already.

A new "Health Care Reform Bill",..is going to only add to the already existing problem,
by creating a Bigger Problem.

Yeah,...Just Keep throwing gas on a fire to try and put it out.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 153
Health care
Posted: 11/20/2009 12:32:29 PM
skoochie, we just choose to love our neighbor, not force you to love yours. My neighbor isn't your neighbor. My responsiblity doesn't reach across the USA or the World. It's how we deal with our own circle of family, friends and neighbors that counts. That's where the rubber meets the road. Of course the left wants me to drive a car they pick out too. Sick beyond measure in the guise of compassion.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 154
Health care
Posted: 11/20/2009 1:25:49 PM
My favorite story about the distribution of wealth is there was a homeless guy out in front of a resaurant and a patron took notice as he walked in. The waiter had an Obama pin on his shirt, so once the meal was finished and the patron recieved the bill, he told the waiter since he believed in the distribution of wealth then he should be fine with his tip being given to the homeless guy out front. Of course the waiter was furious.
 BikerBiker53
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Health care
Posted: 11/24/2009 8:32:38 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwww,

There ya go man !

You've Hit The Nail On The Head !

The shear clumsiness of thinking, lack of ability to make distinctions would indicate brain injury in a sane world.

Our Nation has been sooooooooooooooooooooooo "Dumbed Down",...were Lucky to even be able to "~Think~" at all.

This Health Care Bill has been thrown in our Face, to make us Consentrate on it,..instead of things more IMPORTANT,....like our Economy.

The current Health Care available in the US is NOT the Greatest,...BUT,..it isnt the most Important Concern right now.

What good is "Health Care",..if our Economy goes BUST ???

What good is "Health Care",..if you dont have the Money to pay for it ?

If theres No Jobs available to people who really need the Health Care,..then how are they going to be able to Afford Health Care ?

Health Care is just a distraction,..away from the REAL PROBLEM.

Our Economy,...

In just the blink of an eye,..we can all be in some serious trouble,..and then Health Care
will be nothing more than a Memory.

The bankruptcy of the United States is now certain
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
From Porter Stansberry in the S&A Digest:
http://www.thedailycrux.com/content/3455/Porter_Stansberry/eml

It's one of those numbers that's so unbelievable you have to actually think about it for a while... Within the next 12 months, the U.S. Treasury will have to refinance $2 trillion in short-term debt. And that's not counting any additional deficit spending, which is estimated to be around $1.5 trillion. Put the two numbers together. Then ask yourself, how in the world can the Treasury borrow $3.5 trillion in only one year? That's an amount equal to nearly 30% of our entire GDP. And we're the world's biggest economy. Where will the money come from?

How did we end up with so much short-term debt? Like most entities that have far too much debt - whether subprime borrowers, GM, Fannie, or GE - the U.S. Treasury has tried to minimize its interest burden by borrowing for short durations and then "rolling over" the loans when they come due. As they say on Wall Street, "a rolling debt collects no moss." What they mean is, as long as you can extend the debt, you have no problem. Unfortunately, that leads folks to take on ever greater amounts of debt… at ever shorter durations… at ever lower interest rates. Sooner or later, the creditors wake up and ask themselves: What are the chances I will ever actually be repaid? And that's when the trouble starts. Interest rates go up dramatically. Funding costs soar. The party is over. Bankruptcy is next.

Theres more,..go reads the rest,...I know it sounds like "DOOM & GLOOM",....
Thats because if we dont start paying attention to what matters Most,....there's not going to be any need for a Health Care Bill.

Health Care,..is just the Smoke Screen to cover up whats really happening,..and to divert our attention away from the real crisis.
 matchlight
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Health care
Posted: 12/8/2009 11:50:25 PM
Anyone who's against giving undocumented foreign guests free health care is just prejudiced against Latinos. How do I know that? Because I just do--let's not get all hung up on being perfectly logical about everything. In the same way, I know that people who give our president all this grief are, like, extreme right nutjobs. I mean, it's still all about race in America, isn't it? We're still seeing it. Health is a wonderful thing, and what's wrong with making everyone healthy, whatever other country they may be from? Let's like get off our bright white American high horse--their countries are just as valid as this one. Diversity is also a wonderful thing (BTW, so are butterflies, I saw the most beautiful one today!) and we should invite these people in as our guests and help them get healthy. It's a very empowering, validating feeling of oneness to do nice things as a country, and besides, the more we do the more the world community will once again respect us.
 matchlight
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Health care
Posted: 12/10/2009 9:13:08 PM
gc, Don't you realize that you *owe* her something? She says it's not herself she's concerned about--but I don't believe it. Have you noticed how the dumbest ones are the quickest to start with the personal insults and foul language, like she did? They can't reason, so that's all they've got.
 matchlight
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Health care
Posted: 12/10/2009 10:34:18 PM
My goodness, so, so bitter. I'm sure all your kind words about everyone will make an impression on anyone fellow leftist who might be looking for someone like you.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 159
Health care
Posted: 12/11/2009 7:10:09 AM
Just wait until the us.gov starts to regulate our behavior for the common good (the us.gov pocketbook) and all of the druggies, alchies and glutties are hauled away to get cleaned up. If they can't see that coming
 Gogetter56
Msg: 160
Health care
Posted: 12/11/2009 9:44:27 AM
fz I have this view of the 2 parties and how they are both inconsistent in the same way. Here I'll explain it in simple terms.

Republicans
Less Gov in Economics
More Gov in Morality

Democrats

Less Gov in Morality
More Gov in Economics

Shouldn't they look like this?

Republicans

Less Gov in Economics
Less Gov in Morality

Democrats

More Gov in Economics
More Gov in Morality
 Gogetter56
Msg: 161
Health care
Posted: 12/11/2009 10:33:43 AM
Republicans may have a better morality (which will be argued by the left), but making it the US.Gov's job to enforce it on everyone is inconsistent with less US.Gov. That's all I'm saying. Just be consistent. Both sides. Then, just maybe, we could have an honest debate.
 matchlight
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Health care
Posted: 12/11/2009 10:59:13 AM
That's a good reason to fight to keep the standards high. Having a truly free society requires the people in it to control themselves. Otherwise, we end up relying on government to control us through all sorts of intrusive regulations and laws. And that gradually steals away our freedoms.

That's the very thing the men who started this country were afraid could happen, because they'd studied how it had happened before throughout history. They designed our Constitution to protect us from that same fate. That's a good reason to guard it--it's like our life raft, and I don't like to see sharks lurking around trying to take a bite at it.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 163
Health care
Posted: 12/11/2009 1:15:56 PM
So, are you for more US.gov or not? You can't have your cake and eat it. There will always need to be "some" US.gov, but the GOP goes too far on morality issues and not far enough on economic issuses and the opposite is true for the DNC or whatever "they" go by.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 164
Health care
Posted: 12/11/2009 1:23:52 PM
Ok, no prob, since it does relate to healthcare. Pot and prostitution for starters. I'm quite certain legalization runs on party lines.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 165
Health care
Posted: 12/11/2009 2:08:38 PM
Hey I'd like to be proven wrong and find out there is more consistency than I thought, but I'm speaking from experience with the people I know on both sides. I just think we all have a moral obligation to be consistent :-D
 Gogetter56
Msg: 166
Health care
Posted: 12/11/2009 2:21:14 PM
Well both Clinton and Bush were more centrally based and the opposition from the other side remained quite viscious. I guess we just keep hearing from the vocal minorities. The silent majority needs to wake up and I think that is happening now that we do have a President that leans far to the left.
 matchlight
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Health care
Posted: 12/11/2009 2:28:21 PM
It's the states that make criminal laws, which make things like prostitution and marijuana illegal. That stuff isn't a significant part of government intervention into our lives, though. Almost all of *that* comes from federal laws and administrative regulations made under the authority of those laws. I don't personally favor even state government laws that make actions crimes when there's no victim. But I support the right of the people in each state to decide those things for themselves, as long as their laws don't violate the Constitution.

One reason people tolerate as much government intervention in their lives as they do is that it's so gradual and subtle it's hard to see. The effect's cumulative, rather than some big, dramatic event that grabs your attention. Go shopping for household stuff, and notice what's no longer available. I don't know for certain, but I suspect a lot of it's because of environmental regs.

So, the high phosphate fertilizer you wanted for your garden? Sorry, they don't make that anymore. The Drano crystals with the aluminum that really used to work? We have this other drain cleaner now (which, of course, doesn't work nearly as well.) Either the stuff interfered with some sewage treatment process, or it fell under the Clean Water Act because the storm drains go to the ocean, and they're the emergency overflow for sanitary sewers. Bet on it.

Why's all the laundry detergent ultra-concentrated? Saves on plastic for packaging--helps the solid waste problem. Pretty soon we'll have a federal law against building new houses with fireplaces, because of the deadly wood smoke, or banning dogs as pets, because the waste could get into the water table or the ocean. But wait--I'm in Phoenix, where the water table's fifty feet down, and the ocean's hundreds of miles away! Sorry, these laws apply to everyone. Your government knows what's best for you.

I'm not saying all these things are bad--some may be good--but they're all intrusive, and they're not what representative government's about. Just wait until we have an environmental reg prohibiting all but some approved type of toilet paper, in order to save certain trees, save energy in producing it, or to serve some other noble environmentally sensitive purpose. If the quality goes down, I guarantee *that* one will get noticed.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 168
Health care
Posted: 12/11/2009 4:06:45 PM
You ever try wiping you a$$ with a plastic grocery bag?
 Gogetter56
Msg: 169
Health care
Posted: 12/11/2009 4:57:15 PM
Paul that is hilarious, especially if it is in fact the truth

Roc, no I haven't, but I have used a piece or two of a brown bag in my lifetime.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 170
Health care
Posted: 12/12/2009 7:44:35 PM
I'm glad you feel the need to put all tea party people in one small box. That helps me know you really are close minded. The left brags about being open minded, but their bark is bigger than their bite. The tea party is about middle ground, not left or right. It's about common sense.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 171
Health care
Posted: 12/13/2009 4:47:09 PM
Skooch I'd much rather debate the loud ones any day. It's those people that are afraid to say anything or think they are too good for me that crack me up.
 HeyJenny
Msg: 172
Health care
Posted: 12/14/2009 2:39:44 PM
Here are some good videos that explain different aspects of Health Care Reform.

Sure health care REFORM sounds great but they are to make this worse for the majority. Please watch and listen. Do you realize that they want us to pay in real time electronically? What happens to those people who can't pay until their next paycheck or next few paychecks? That alone should be scary enough.

What about the budget? Do you think it will last throughout the year? What about rationing health care? There are so many reasons why this should NOT get passed.

The docter I know in his early fifties will take an early retirement along with all his doctor friends that he knows. He may move to Costa Rica where he can practice I suppose without all the red tape. His 12 employees won't be moving with him, they'll be collecting unemployment benefits instead.

The list goes on and on and yet the pharmacuetical companies won't be touched.

When I say it will be the last nail in the coffin, it will BE coffins for plenty of us!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c0mmG1KG4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F6iP9_s9qc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxUgOjBLjjo from a doctor's point of view

Contact our legislators and say NO to reform! If and when it gets passed then it's still not over, it can get ratified so continue to let legislators know how you feel.
 HeyJenny
Msg: 173
Health care
Posted: 12/14/2009 3:42:08 PM
Thank-you golfcoast,

We are in for scary times when/if this thing passes, like it isn't bad enough already. If they know your finances though, you just may get some attention and get fixed . Where as the ones with empty bank accounts, good luck on getting medical attention. Which brings up another point, how many young adults will want to become medical doctors? Not many. People from other countries like Canada would come here for treatment, the question is where will WE go once this gets passed?

Right now I choose (main word here is I get to choose) to save some money each month and not buy health insurance, I know I am taking a risk that I won't get into an accident etc., but it is MY risk to take. For all you naysayers out there, yes I can afford to pay my medical bill if necessary. If this bill gets passed I would be considered a criminal for not having health insurance. Of course my only option is then to pay for it, right now it would be approx $250 a month with a very high deductible,etc. From what I've heard my new insur. under reform will cost me up to $450 a month along with the fact that it will take longer to see a doctor ,etc.

Joke: Under Obama's Health Care Reform how long will it take to find out you're pregnant?
and the answer is.... NINE MONTHS !!
 HeyJenny
Msg: 174
Health care
Posted: 12/14/2009 4:06:31 PM
Hello fzrhusker,

You really did your homework! Thanks for posting all the info. Btw I just finished reading George Orwell's 1984 and between reading that and reading your post there is a correlation. I'm afraid the fact is our outcome will be stranger than fiction.

What's next? Our brainwashing? People need to wake up as to what is going on but they appear to be walking around in comas around here. This reform is only part of it, funny how I heard all last week about Tiger wood's affairs but I did not hear one thing about what happened at the U.N.'s World Climate Summit. Excuse me,I did hear ONE thing of importance , Obama accepted his peace prize right after announcing he will be sending 30,000 more troops to Afganistan.

The time to wake up is NOW. Stop making this all to be liberals verses conservatives issue. I am a concerned U.S. citizen and all of you should be concerned and stop the immature bashing.
 HeyJenny
Msg: 175
Health care
Posted: 12/14/2009 4:50:04 PM
Hello rococco,

Thanks for your support :) I used to be a Liberal Catholic Democrat. The only thing I am sure I still am and will remain is Catholic, being Catholic is hard enough in itself these days. I do know I will have to change my voter's registration to INDEPENDENT.

I'm not quite sure what I am anymore but between the 3 parties I may be more libertarian than the other two. One day I may have to be an anarchist. The word I am thinking of what now is a "Miniarchist" I just made that up lol. Maybe I'm a Miniarchist,I'm not ready to throw the idea of government completely down the drain. A miminal government sounds best to me.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Health care