Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ezzee
Msg: 2
Why do big cities have the best looking girls?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Well, I would give you two arguments to consider.

A.) Eye of the beholder. (What one considers pretty is not necessarily what someone else considers pretty.)

B.) The law of Ratios (If you have say 1 pretty woman in a sampling of say 100 women, you have a ration of 1:100. So the small town has 100 women, law of ration says that town has 1 pretty woman. If a town has 100,000 women, then the law of averages says that town has 1,000 pretty women. If you got to a place like China, where you have like 1 billion women, law of ratios says that there are 10 million pretty women living there. )
 Revilors
Msg: 3
Why do big cities have the best looking girls?
Posted: 10/6/2009 11:04:48 PM

Are smaller cities designed for average looking people?

They have tax increment financing for unattractive people in less populous communities.

Most offer a bonus package for the village idiot.

I can fax you the application.
 JWG86
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/7/2009 3:11:11 AM

I travel a good bit through South Louisiana for work, I'm always suprised at how many really great looking girls live in these small towns.

It must be the eye of the beholder.
 itechman63
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2009 4:40:58 AM
Per capita!

You go to the big city with 500,000 women and you see 50 great looking women. In a rural town of 20 women, you see 3 great looking women. Who has the most great looking women...per capita?
 FL CO
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2009 7:52:08 AM

It must be the eye of the beholder.

No JWG, some of the small towns have some very attractive women. Of course none of them are single. I can think of a few in my town now, that people may not rate a 10, but would definately be a 7+.
 yna6
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/7/2009 7:54:50 AM
Ya'll jist stay in yer cities and leave us folks alone. (Waves shotgun threatenly...and spills have a jug of shine while at it!) We locks up the wimmenfolk here and we likes that idea jist fine....so jist keep moving!
Besides....around here most marry their cousin or second cousin or some such thing. Seriously, they are all related unless they have migrated in from elsewheres. Perhaps this is why we have a higher number than average of ummm...hmmm..."challenged" children.
 FL CO
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2009 7:57:49 AM

A better question might be: How come small cities and towns have so many pug-ugly people? (There's just no other way to say it.) Seriously, the smaller and more remote the town, the more unattractive the people. Especially the burgs stashed way up in the hills.

Maybe big cities just have better places to hide them all.

For starters you just don't notice them in the big city since there's so many people around. For the ones in the small town, a lot of it comes down to comfort. They could get all done up, but why? To go to work in some type of manual labor?
 daynadaze
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2009 10:08:56 AM
There are more wealthy men in big cities, duh. That also explains why you are just looking at them and not getting them.
 CaseyRyback
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/7/2009 10:47:22 AM
I don't want to be rude, but that is a dumb question.

A big city has a massive population. Therefore, the odds of seeing good looking women walking around are substantially increased than if you were in a small town.

It's not that women necessarily look better in the big city...there are just loads more of them.

However, I will concede that the big city lifestyle certainly encourages vanity, so women may make more effort to look their best.
 littlelynx
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/7/2009 12:07:33 PM
Country girls gotta worry about feeding pigs and throwing logs around.
Fishing and hunting and all that seem to be pretty big in small towns.
City girls go to art and music shows, pilates, and have spa days.
Yeah I know I am shamefully generalizing, but this is not some crazy phenomenon. Its easy to figure out why city girls are conventionally more "pretty" and charming.
 Revilors
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/7/2009 12:21:23 PM

Country girls gotta worry about feeding pigs and throwing logs around.
Fishing and hunting and all that seem to be pretty big in small towns.
City girls go to art and music shows, pilates, and have spa days.
Yeah I know I am shamefully generalizing, but this is not some crazy phenomenon. Its easy to figure out why city girls are conventionally more "pretty" and charming.

Not to mention all the bruising and scarring from when us men folk club 'em in the head and drag 'em back to the barn.

Courtship is a biotch.

I find this entire post incredibly unattractive.

Now...I'm going to hide under the covers whilst the ditch cougar gets a good ol' country azz whuppin'.

PS...Ditch Cougar is hick code for cat. Usually undomesticated.
 Dale 09
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/7/2009 1:57:14 PM
I think it's kinda like a cross between appreciating beauty, new surroundings, and of course the prospect of seeing someone new.

Or, it could be the booze!
NOONE'S ugly after last call... lol

Dale
 junipermoon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2009 3:43:23 PM

i would credit the proximity to more plastic surgeons, hairdressers, designer clothing and makeup suppliers.
 FL CO
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2009 4:47:04 PM
You'll be surprized at home many people move out to the country from the city (or at least want to), and I don't mean older people either.
 FL CO
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 9:47:56 AM
^^^ To me the attraction goes beyond just looks. I've seen some girls that I thought were really good looking until I heard them speak or saw them do something and they instantly dropped on the attractiveness scale to me. The reverse is true as well. Average looking girls have looked a lot better to me because of things that they have said or did
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 5:15:39 PM
LOL! Huh? You mean you didn't see it on the city limits sign?

Apple Creek: Population 1000 (pretty people KEEP OUT) Pretty girls don't drive pick up trucks, and as far as we're concerned...Lancombe??? Is that what you groom a llama with??? We got work to do and lives to live; looking good don't get the corn off the field and the hay in the barn. STAY IN THE CITY where ya belong!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/12/2009 7:26:45 PM
Hmmm . . . I moved from the country to town--does that mean I just got prettier?
 myluv4you
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/12/2009 9:18:20 PM
well : having lived in ATL i will tell you that you dress up more for other chix than for your boyfriend /husband or yourself ( sad but true ) the pressure to conform is INTENSE and women of all races have perfect platinum highlights, flawless makeup and leather boots for all seasons. Ppl are more fashion conscious and wearing flip flops even to the super walmart makes you look like a hick from the sticks - and ppl will treat you accordingly !!!

its true what another poster said though : women in big cities have access to better fashion / even dumpy stores like Ross and Marshalls carry brand name designer clothes for pennies on the dollar . Thats b/c big city dept store buyers get 1st dibs on the glam stuff, the rest gets shipped out to other towns.

take off the clothes and the makeup and take the highlights out and they arent any more pretty than anyone else, LOL
 Revilors
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/12/2009 9:51:55 PM

wearing flip flops even to the super walmart makes you look like a hick from the sticks

Well...I was just at a walmart...a "hick" in sweat pants (without makeup on) caught my eye.

Sh1t...I ran out of time without a single item in my cart.

I didn't have to try to imagine her without all the spackle and paint.
 RSwindol
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2009 3:05:40 AM
It's simple. Modeling agencies are in big cities.

How many times have you heard atractive women say "I'm going to move to Tupelo, Mississippi some day to get into modeling and hit the big time!"

It just doesn't happen like that.
 Outsideofthemiddle
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/14/2009 10:21:23 PM

Whenever I visit a big city, I'm always impressed by the number of pretty women on the streets. It seems the bigger the city, the higher the percentage of good looks around you. Why is that so? Are smaller cities designed for average looking people?

You obviously haven't been to Seattle. They are either some scrawny ass artsy chick covered in tattoes, or they are some huge ass water buffalo that never told a gallon of Haggen Das no. The water buffalo model of female in Seattle and surrounding areas is the most common 70 to 30.
 _Icon_
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/15/2009 8:07:03 AM
Higher socio-economic status and more focus on career.
 _Icon_
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/15/2009 8:50:21 AM

And a previous poster mentioned that small town girls are too busy slopping pigs and hunting...to that I say "whatever"! Nothing like stereotyping! I have NEVER slopped a pig and don't plan to, and I don't hunt either.

My hometown is approaching 7 million souls and I am not above slopping a pig. I close my eyes when they castrate the boars, though.
 acuddler
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/15/2009 3:38:57 PM
Big cities are where the money is...which is what attracts the beautiful women to the cities....to: get jobs as models, marry rich husbands, etc. The beautiful women who are to be found in the small towns usually, eventually, leave the small towns to go to the big cities for the glamour jobs/rich men.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >