Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > How male circumcision hurts women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 111waterfalls111
Msg: 26
How male circumcision hurts women Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Circumcism steals proper orgasms from women by changing rhythm, the longer stroking robs us of our most intense pleasures and beneficial hormone release. It denies males of 70% of their erogenous tissue, their birth right, causes lubrication of be scooped out rather than locked inside where it belongs, and desensitizes our male partners for life, worsening with age. It's barbaric. Please, please North American men, restore your junk! Then advertise it on this site! This takes a while, depending upon the technique you choose, but will pay huge dividends down the road for us all.
 111waterfalls111
Msg: 27
How male circumcision hurts women
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:01:28 PM
Circumcision steals proper orgasms from women by changing rhythm and the longer stroking then required robs us of our most intense pleasures and beneficial hormone releases. It denies males of 70% of their erogenous tissue, their birth right, causes lubrication of be scooped out rather than locked inside where it belongs, and desensitizes our male partners for life, worsening with age. It's barbaric. Please, please North American men, restore your junk! Then advertise it on this site! This takes a while, depending upon the technique you choose, but will pay huge dividends down the road for us all.
 Skyr
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:20:03 PM

Dude! Perhaps you should look up the articles that show that circumcision cuts the rate of transmission of stds. If you are going to give us a crock of crap on something, at least give both sides of the issue.

Not sure if I should reply to such an old post, but to circumsize an infant in order to reduce the rate of transmission of STDs is like doing mastectomies on teenage girls, in order to prevent breast cancer. You would gain much greater mortality benefit from doing mastectomies on teenage girls.

There are very very few medical justifications for circumcision.

It's a barbaric practice that goes against every tenet of medical ethics.
- beneficence- minimal
- non-malefescence- you're putting the infant at risk of infection, anaesthetic, pain, just for the sake of removing a natural body part.
- autonomy- epic fail
- informed consent- since when have infants been able to?
 Skyr
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:23:10 PM

The American Academy of Pediatrics no longer recommends male circumcision. Europe has not circumcised their male infants for many decades now - yet AIDS is not ravaging the Europeans. Ancient Greece and Rome did not circumcise anybody yet they had no problems with sexual intercourse. Circumcision is unnecessary.

If people are relying on being circumcised to prevent HIV infection, then there is something very wrong with their sexual practices.

In either case, if they think they are less likely to get HIV infection because of being circumcised, there is nothing stopping them as consenting adults to have it done. Then they can have unprotected intercourse with as many HIV positive people as they like :-)
 Skyr
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:37:05 PM

You should have done a little more research, both study done in Africa were deemed by the american med. soc. as incorrectly administered and its findings not accepted. Therefor it is not recomended except for medical reasons. And if your worried about std's you should always have the man wear a condom.

It's generally accepted by the medical community that circumcision decreases HIV and STD transmission rates in Africa, but the question is, what is the size of the effect (not much), and whether it applies to a Western society where:
1) HIV infection is relatively low, and the resulting effect even smaller still
and
2) There are more effective means to control the spread of HIV.

You would gain a far larger population mortality benefit from doing prophylatic mastectomies in women (against their consent).
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 2:50:22 AM
Docs have been saying there is NO benefit to being cut since at least the 80's that I am aware of .
My pediatrician did not cut any of his boys and was very clear about vaccine risks also

"Ooops slip....... Oh mam He may have a slight curve in his bat now at best)..I wouldn't chance it on an infant.
Let the man decide when/if he is ready to cut his genitals. You can't put it back once its gone.

Teach children hygiene as you would another area of the body.

I don't get the big deal if he knows what a bar of soap is..it's how they were born.
 Genuine_MRV
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:53:11 AM
If it hurts, she's likely not wet enough. spit on it, use some K-Y, etc.
 GangnamStyle1969
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:01:11 PM
Are most men in the world circumcised?

Only about 20% of men worldwide are circumcised. Most men (80%) are not circumcised, including the vast majority in Britain, Europe, non-Moslem Asia, and South America. Circumcised men are a minority confined to the Middle East, some African tribes, Islamic regions of Asia, and the USA. The number of circumcised men in Australia and Canada is in steady decline.

Can circumcision prevent HIV and other STDs?

Circumcision does not prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), but many studies claim that circumcision can reduce a man’s risk of acquiring an STD. These studies are often done in poor and under-developed countries and do not take into account personal hygiene, complex social customs, education level, medical services, traditional sexual practices, and genetic factors in susceptibility to disease. Similar studies in industrialised nations, such as Australia, find that circumcision does not reduce the risk of STD transmission.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/baby/circumcision-to-circumcise-or-not-circumcise
 Skyr
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 2:11:58 AM

I live in America so it the norm to be circumsized and when in Rome.

That doesn't make it any less ethically deplorable
 Skyr
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 7:42:12 PM

It does not make it more or less just a fact.

It's also a fact that slavery was common practice in Rome, and watching them in death combat was considered entertainment.

So, you have a point, but it's an example of a medieval practice that has no medical justification.
 matchlight
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2012 9:12:50 AM
I still don't know how male circumcision is supposed to hurt women, what evidence there is that it does, or just how it is supposed to hurt them, or how many are supposed to be hurt, or how much. I have never heard a woman say she felt the fact many men have been circumcised had somehow hurt her. But I do know the fact many women have had their ears pierced has hurt me, personally, a great deal. There are times when just knowing the psychic trauma that horrific mutilation must have inflicted on countless women is almost too much to bear.
 jmoinajo
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/31/2012 5:40:32 PM
The discussion is on the table for a grandson on the way.

I regret allowing the operation on my boys, in both cases, the person doing the work struggled and the one minute operation took exactly 15 for my first and 9 for my second. My nephew's was done wrong so he has to sit to pee, among the whopping six men in my life, one had it NOT done, and three had screwed up work on theirs.

And the point? Because someone couldn't teach them good hygiene?
 Skyr
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2012 11:37:26 PM

And the point? Because someone couldn't teach them good hygiene?

It has nothing to do with hygiene and everything to do with mutilating a child too young to give informed consent.
 Celje
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/2/2013 6:03:53 PM
My mom loved me wayyyyy too much to get talking into that program
 Smootheticate
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/2/2013 11:02:02 PM
My circumsized penis doesn't hurt woment, it loves them, with all it's heart.
 Skyr
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2013 7:33:36 AM

So what if the doctors gave you the choice of an iney or and outie for your kid it's almost the same thing and really it will always be the parents choice which is the way it should be so if you don't want to circumsize don't but as for me and my house snip!!!snip!!!

That's a specious argument. Doctors do not give you the choice of what your umbilicus looks like.

Cutting off a natural body part without informed consent or a medical indication is mutiliation. As a parent, if you wanted to tattoo the forehead of your child, or cut off their earlobes, should you be entitled to? Snip snip!
 Just___Jim
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/3/2013 7:52:23 AM

So, you have a point, but it's an example of a medieval practice that has no medical justification.

Yes, as a lot of things that have evolved,whether if be of religious or medical practice over the years.

And if I may ask, do they still recommend you removing your tonsils still which was another medical practice way back when ?
 Skyr
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2013 8:09:38 AM
If you get recurrent tonsillitis, that is an indication for a tonsillectomy.

The difference between tonsillectomies, appendicectomies and other -ectomies, is that they are done for a medical reason. A circumcision is almost always done because of parental beliefs. If you take out an inflamed appendix, you are providing the necessities of life (healthcare), as as you would food/shelter/clothing to a child. The same cannot be said about circumcision.
 Skyr
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2013 7:47:39 AM

I must say this is an odd post and that most men have Circumcisions,
I have never in my life heard of women getting hurt from that.

You live in a very insular society.

It's not about what you find odd or otherwise. The issue is consent.

I find certain body modifications odd, but they sit fine ethically because they are done by adults who are able to give informed consent.

Body mutilation of an infant, on the other hand, is deplorable.
 bogienights
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/6/2013 1:19:17 PM
I had circumcisions done on both my sons. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't. I would let them make their own minds up once they reached the age of consent. It's there for a reason...leave it alone. I chastise myself for making MY decision instead of letting them make the decision. So, mothers and fathers - let your sons make up their own mind, it's their penis not yours.
 Skyr
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2013 5:23:30 PM

I chastise myself for making MY decision instead of letting them make the decision.

Which is my point entirely. You've taken away their right to make an informed consent, and mutilated their bodies purely for your personal beliefs.
 bogienights
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/6/2013 8:22:02 PM
I think I can smack myself without help from the fora, thank you very much. One thing I did was teach my son to learn from my mistakes with his own children.
 Skyr
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2013 8:53:47 AM

But just because some might not have the advantages others do should not mean that they should try and belittle them and say outlandish stuff as 'Body mutilation of an infant" just sounds odd.

What exactly is outlandish? You've removed a natural part on their genitalia.

From dictionary.com:
mu·ti·late [myoot-l-eyt] Show IPA
verb (used with object), mu·ti·lat·ed, mu·ti·lat·ing.
to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts
to deprive (a person or animal) of a limb or other essential part.

It would be crazy to get it done less you are so young you could never remember.

By that logic, it would be ok to remove an earlobe of an infant on the basis that they could never remember.

Well, I'm just glad my mom and dad do not share your views or I would be on here trying to get people to except me as well.

You've missed the point again. It's not about accepting you in society, it's about accepting a practice that you wish to be performed on a child without informed consent, for no apparent reason other than the fact someone else did it to you.
 Rosettast0ned
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/7/2013 12:34:17 PM
LOL, at informed consent of infants.

BRB, not feeding my kid until he's 21 so he can decide what to eat himself.
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/7/2013 2:44:20 PM
Now you guys are just being silly. Or just annoying.

There is a valid point to the idea of not automatically being circumcized at birth. It SHOULD be the decision of an adult man. I also wish I'd left that choice to my son instead of having him circumcized; it was not something I should have decided upon. At least my son was wise enough to let his own son make that decision when he's older.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > How male circumcision hurts women