Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > My body,My choice!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 222
view profile
History
My body,My choice!Page 14 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

100% of the people I know personally in the health care profession are getting vaccinated as well as bringing their families in to get the vaccine. 0% of these people have fallen ill as a result of this.

Your 100% is equivalent to how many people? 5? 12? 4000?
Do you personally know the health conditions of 4000 people?

Like what are you talkin' a boot?
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 223
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/30/2009 6:29:55 AM

Like what are you talkin' a boot?
Well, considering you've chosen to not quote the comment I was directing my post towards, it's no wonder that you are unsure of where the conversation came from... perhaps your reading it in context to the thread and the quote I originally made would clarify this for you...

100% is everyone... the qualifier is that I know them and their families personally.
 Stormwolf
Msg: 224
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/30/2009 7:16:02 AM

100% of the people I know personally in the health care profession are getting vaccinated as well as bringing their families in to get the vaccine.

"The Vaccine." Would you care to share the exact vaccine and profession
you claim is 100% ? Of the thousands of healthcare workers I work with
I would estimate 8 out of 10 are not getting the H1N1 shot. As for there family,
I have yet to meet any healthcare worker in mid-town Manhattan who
claims their children have taken the H1N1 vaccine.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 225
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/30/2009 5:48:36 PM

Go ahead - protect your rights. It's a pity you don't realize that with rights and freedom come responsibility.

What responsibility are we talking about? Giving up rights? Cuz if so we're right back to where we started again!

Utilitarianism! For the greater of the good.
You people are funny!
 Stormwolf
Msg: 226
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 11/3/2009 5:40:12 AM

My Point Of View>No one should have to be force to do anything to their bodies or force to take any kind of a drug.

Gov Patterson has even superceeded the Supreme Court Justice's injunction
and totally suspended all Flu shot mandates for anyone! Dr Richard Daines
( the NY head of the DOH, underestimated the sheer shortage of Health care
workers and their intelligence. While my personal stats are not a fact ....
from the people I talked to in NY that work in health care, 50% were not going
recieve either shot and file a Civil claim for being illegally fired. That would have crippled NEW York and there are not enough health care workers to replace such
numbers. Victory for all people here!!!!!

To decrease your chances of getting the flu.
1. get plenty of rest
2. take 5000 IU of vitamin D3 per day
3. Bleach wipe all handles on doors of your work place and home every day
4. carry tissue with you to open all public doors and wash your hands
after contact with every one you come in contact with.
5. avoid all people sneezing and coughing even if it seems your rude and
move away from them on public transiet.
6. avoid anyone who has taken the Flu shot.
 Verzen
Msg: 227
My body,My choice!
Posted: 11/3/2009 7:29:16 AM
Storm - Being overly clean is horrible for your health. The flu acts as a kind of fodder for your immune system. Without getting sick every once in awhile, what you are basically doing is preventing your immune system from doing it's job and you will get even more sick from something later that could of been prevented now.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 228
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 11/3/2009 7:42:08 AM

Storm - Being overly clean is horrible for your health.
Absolutely correct. I also question anyone that suggests taking mega doses of vitamins for extended periods of time as it will cause damage to one's kidneys as well as other organs.

I'd rather not walk around the world with a mask on to breath just in case someone next to me sneezes... I'll live life and listen to the experts.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 229
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 11/3/2009 7:43:37 AM

Do you guys read all/most posts in a thread before deciding to post a reply?
Posted: 10/10/2009 730 PM
Posted by Stormwolf...
That's why I seldom post to long threads. I have no interest in reading 13 pages of posts to see if my point has already been covered. I will do so only if I feel strongly, or if I've kept up with the thread.

Time to pull the plug...
 Stormwolf
Msg: 230
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 11/3/2009 8:44:26 AM

Absolutely correct. I also question anyone that suggests taking mega doses of vitamins for extended periods of time as it will cause damage to one's kidneys as well as other organs.

It's obvious you have a agenda??? Where in the hell did I suggest walking
around with a mask???

I also question anyone that suggests taking mega doses of vitamins for extended periods of time as it will cause damage to one's kidneys as well as other organs.

Mega Dose??? Understanding Vitamin D Cholecalciferol
The high rate of natural production of vitamin D3 cholecalciferol (pronounced koh·luh·kal·sif·uh·rawl) in the skin is the single most important fact every person should know about vitamin D—a fact that has profound implications for the natural human condition.
Technically not a "vitamin," vitamin D is in a class by itself. Its metabolic product, calcitriol, is actually a secosteroid hormone that targets over 2000 genes (about 10% of the human genome) in the human body. Current research has implicated vitamin D deficiency as a major factor in the pathology of at least 17 varieties of cancer as well as heart disease, stroke, hypertension, autoimmune diseases, diabetes, depression, chronic pain, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, muscle weakness, muscle wasting, birth defects, periodontal disease, and more.
Vitamin D's influence on key biological functions vital to one's health and well-being mandates that vitamin D no longer be ignored by the health care industry nor by individuals striving to achieve and maintain a greater state of health.
Sunshine and Your HealthIf well adults and adolescents regularly avoid sunlight exposure, research indicates a necessity to supplement with at least 5,000 units (IU) of vitamin D daily. To obtain this amount from milk one would need to consume 50 glasses. With a multivitamin more than 10 tablets would be necessary. Neither is advisable.
The skin produces approximately 10,000 IU vitamin D in response 20–30 minutes summer sun exposure—50 times more than the US government's recommendation of 200 IU per day!
How To Get Enough Vitamin DThere are 3 ways for adults to insure adequate levels of vitamin D:
regularly receive midday sun exposure in the late spring, summer, and early fall, exposing as much of the skin as possible.
regularly use a sun bed (avoiding sunburn) during the colder months.
take 5,000 IU per day for three months, then obtain a 25-hydroxyvitamin D test. Adjust your dosage so that blood levels are between 50–80 ng/mL (or 125–200 nM/L) year-round.

Also TOO CLEAN? Thanks but I'd rather not inhale someone's mucus
in the air after they sneeze. YUCK!
 daynadaze
Msg: 231
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 11/3/2009 4:23:47 PM
The fact that OP seems to know little about health but yet is employed in the health care business is unsettling.
 Stormwolf
Msg: 232
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 11/4/2009 3:02:33 AM

take 5,000 IU per day for three months, then obtain a 25-hydroxyvitamin D TEST. Adjust your dosage so that blood levels are between 50–80 ng/mL (or 125–200 nM/L) year-round.

This is from my last post. It suggests a TEST to make sure there is no overdose of D3.
5000iu's of D3 per day for three months of Winter is not even close to
to give the symptoms of the post prior to haze. Hell, you can overdose on
WATER. It's called Hyponatremea!

@Haze, what scares me is your inability to read FULL POSTS!
And anyone's statement of being too clean? Perhaps we should
make OR'S much less sterile? Yeesh!
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 233
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 11/4/2009 6:05:01 AM

This is from my last post.
Thank goodness... time to celebrate.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > My body,My choice!