Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > My body,My choice!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stormwolf
Msg: 101
view profile
History
My body,My choice!Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
For Mungojoe,
If you can't read, have someone in your area explain these articles.
Sorry, but there are no color pictures or Crayons involved!

For a comprehensive review, with 167 scientific references, on how vaccines damage infants’ and soldiers’ brains (Gulf War Syndrome) when given too close together, see Dr. Blaylock’s "Interaction of Cytokines, Excitotoxins, Reactive Nitrogen and Oxygen Species in Autism Spectrum Disorders" in the Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association (JANA 2003;6[4]:21–35). See also his study, "Chronic Microglial Activation and Excitotoxicity Secondary to Excessive Immune Stimulation: Possible Factors in GulfWar Syndrome and Autism" in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (JAPS 2004;9[2]:46–52). Dr. Blaylock has written a simplified version of these studies for the general public titled "Vaccines: the Hidden Dangers," in his Blaylock Wellness Report (Vol. 1, No. 1), which is published monthly and can be purchased online.

An excellent review of thimerosal and autism, titled "Mercury in Medicine – Taking Unnecessary Risks," is to be found, of all places, in the Congressional Record. Prepared by its Subcommittee on Human Rights and Wellness, this report was presented to the Committee on Government Reform, chaired by Congressman Dan Burton (who has an autistic grandson). Congressional Record, May 21, 2003, E1011–E1030.

"The Three Modern Faces of Mercury" – in fish, vaccines, and dental amalgams – by Thomas Clarkson in Environmental Health Perspectives Volume 110 | Supplement 1 | February 2002 | pages 11–23. THIS STUDY provides an current-day perspective on mercury exposure, post Calomel, Merthiolate, and Mad Hatters.

Mercury: the Silent Killer," Chapter 3 in Health and Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life by Russell L. Blaylock, M.D. a board-certified neurosurgeon.
 littlelynx
Msg: 102
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/13/2009 8:37:43 AM
I respect your opinion and desire not to get the shot.
If they require that employees also get the regualar flu shot, then this falls right in line and should be expected.
If they haven't had a history of requiring flu shots, then this is unfair.
I don't believe in taking flu shots personally b/c I have never had a flu shot and have never had the flu. *knock on wood*
I believe it is one of the reasons I have an amazing immunity to viruses.
However, I don't believe it is something I would be willing to lose my job over.
I think the company is requiring it b/c they are not willing to take the risk of being sued and all the liability that is attached to the swine flu.
From a corporate stand point, I would want to cover my butt too.
 daynadaze
Msg: 103
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/13/2009 12:01:05 PM
See this is the rub, unless you have some excuse like DDinD who had an amazingly bad reaction to a flu shot, if your job requires you do something you don't what to do, then you have a choice to make, job vs. personal preference. Also OPs surly comments about his job and the people who are sick, sick mind you, and him having to do things like wipe their nasty asses, because they what??? got a flu shot, shows a total lack of the type of caring one would expect from a health care worker. Sure you may get tired of your job, but really, when I'm sick as dog, do I need an asshat who thinks he's above his job to make me feel worse? Get the flu shot or change jobs, it's how life works.

Now if he wants to do something toward getting this job requirement changed, have at it, but for now, you get the shot or you lose your job or some other demerit will happen. When I worked with people with AIDS I had to get a series of shots against hepatitis and couldn't give blood for a long time, but you know what, it was a job requirement and for good damn reason's. It was not just to help keep me from getting hepatitis but from also passing it on to others. If you don't like caring for people who are sick and you don't like having to take precautions to prevent you from getting sick and from being contagious to others, if you think your job is so unfair to you and your personal opinions, why the hell are you in health care???
 Twilightslove
Msg: 104
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/13/2009 12:14:21 PM

When I worked with people with AIDS I had to get a series of shots against hepatitis and couldn't give blood for a long time, but you know what, it was a job requirement and for good damn reason's. It was not just to help keep me from getting hepatitis but from also passing it on to others.

I find it particularly scary that you had shots that could infect others with hepatitis. Perhaps reading this man's material might benefit us all.

How far should one go for their job? Should they really put their life in danger over a paycheck?
 mungojoe
Msg: 105
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/13/2009 12:58:08 PM
Speaks for it self!

Is this the new scientific standard, "speaks for itself"?

Mainstream medical journals, like Pediatrics and The New England Journal of Medicine, only publish studies that claim thimerosal is safe. And it turns out that these articles are written in large part by researchers in the pay of vaccine makers, as the Coalition for Safe Minds (Sensible Action For Ending Mercury-Induced Neurological Disorders), a private nonprofit organization, has shown.

Oh,I see, it's really all a grand conspiracy to hide the truth from the public being supported by every reputable, peer-reviewed journal.

Right.

Editors of these journals will not publish studies that show a link between thimerosal and autism like "Thimerosal in Childhood Vaccines, Neurodevelopment Disorders, and Heart Disease in the United States" by Mark and David Geier, which documents a strong association between the amounts of mercury injected in vaccines and autism.

Yes, it's all a grand conspiracy by every reputable journal to suppress the evidence and only "alternative" sources will give you the "real" truth.

Would you like me to provide you with a mountain of evidence that the supposed link between vaccines and autism is utter crap? I'll bet you also believe that "Facilitated Communication" is valid as well.

For a comprehensive review, with 167 scientific references, on how vaccines damage infants’ and soldiers’ brains (Gulf War Syndrome) when given too close together, see Dr. Blaylock’s "Interaction of Cytokines, Excitotoxins, Reactive Nitrogen and Oxygen Species in Autism Spectrum Disorders" in the Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association (JANA 2003;6[4]:21–35). See also his study, "Chronic Microglial Activation and Excitotoxicity Secondary to Excessive Immune Stimulation: Possible Factors in GulfWar Syndrome and Autism" in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (JAPS 2004;9[2]:46–52). Dr. Blaylock has written a simplified version of these studies for the general public titled "Vaccines: the Hidden Dangers," in his Blaylock Wellness Report (Vol. 1, No. 1), which is published monthly and can be purchased online.

An excellent review of thimerosal and autism, titled "Mercury in Medicine – Taking Unnecessary Risks," is to be found, of all places, in the Congressional Record. Prepared by its Subcommittee on Human Rights and Wellness, this report was presented to the Committee on Government Reform, chaired by Congressman Dan Burton (who has an autistic grandson). Congressional Record, May 21, 2003, E1011–E1030.

Mercury: the Silent Killer," Chapter 3 in Health and Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life by Russell L. Blaylock, M.D. a board-certified neurosurgeon.

And THIS is your view of valid citations?!? Russell Blaylock?!? ROFLMAO!!!

Like I said, "except maybe quacks..."

"The Three Modern Faces of Mercury" – in fish, vaccines, and dental amalgams – by Thomas Clarkson in Environmental Health Perspectives Volume 110 | Supplement 1 | February 2002 | pages 11–23. THIS STUDY provides an current-day perspective on mercury exposure, post Calomel, Merthiolate, and Mad Hatters.

Well, at least there is ONE reputable journal in the whole thing... except... its use as "proof" in this is what renders it invalid.

Have YOU actually read this one yourself or are you just relying on the word of "snake-oil salesmen"?

Even Clarkson concludes that there is little to no evidence that ethyl mercury at the levels found in Thermosil presents a significant, verifiable health risk, much less a cause of autism or any other such crap.

But wait... this is a mainstream, peer-reviewed journal. Why would you point it out? Or is it that the editors, on this one edition of this one journal, somehow "forgot" that they are part of the conspiracy?

Seriously dude, you are going to have to do better than presenting this nonsense while claiming a "grand conspiracy" on the part of every reputable, peer-reviewed journal.

Like I said, if you presented this crap as "evidence" or "proof" for a masters or doctoral dissertation you would be laughed out of the room.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 106
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/13/2009 1:28:30 PM

Yes, it's all a grand conspiracy by every reputable journal to suppress the evidence and only "alternative" sources will give you the "real" truth.
I'm with MJ... there's no way in hell that the sources being given are credible... Fantastical conspiracy theory, but when it's reviewed even a minutae level of dissection, it falls apart at the seams...
 daynadaze
Msg: 107
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/13/2009 6:51:39 PM
I had shots to keep me from getting hepatitis, because many people with AIDS have hepatitis, and I sure didn't want to pass it on to those who didn't have it. We do what's best for all in cases like this,. I have read his articles, they did not change my mind. I have read many things on influenza and how many died before much was known, how many died finding a cure/help in fighting the flu and now much went into coming up with vaccines. To act like there's some big conspiracy to harm you instead of help you is just plane wacky. People die from the flu, putting people in the position of maybe getting the flu from you, so you can have your way or the highway, to me is pretty damn arrogant.
 mungojoe
Msg: 108
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/13/2009 8:06:27 PM

hi... I will say this again, I do not believe for one second that vaccines work.. I believe without so much as a speck of doubt that illnesses are not wiped out by vaccinations, they are renamed...

Perhaps you can tell us what they renamed smallpox...
 Casper66
Msg: 109
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/13/2009 9:34:16 PM
To all those who say vaccines don't work, you might want to look at some recent news articles about unvaccinated communities in North America, recent measle and mump outbreaks happened because these people chose not to have their children vaccinated and it spread threw and entire c0mmunity. Talk to older people and ask them what it was like during polio seasons, a nasty crippling disease that effected young and old.I'm very strict about what I take aswell, I only take medications when I need it and I rarely get sick and I do understand about not wanting to take an untested medicine/vaccine. I also believe that the ingredients in vaccines should be tested for safetly on a regular basis as new techology and science become available. The problem is that bacteria and viruses can mutate rapidly and if a mutation occurs that makes the vaccine/antibiotic ineffective it puts the health of many at risk, as seen with drug resistant TB and new super bugs, perhaps I see things differently after living through SARs in TO.
 clockwork lime
Msg: 110
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/14/2009 2:00:30 PM

Evidence that vaccinations work is based on years of medical research.

And how many years of medical research has the H1N1 vaccine undergone?
 clockwork lime
Msg: 111
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/14/2009 2:34:16 PM

Current influenza vaccinations will change as influenza strains change, but the reasearch proving their effectiveness is based on 70 years of research into the effectiveness of influenza vaccines.

So what you're saying is that the current influenza vaccine has not undergone years of research.
Thalidomide?
 arwen52
Msg: 112
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/14/2009 2:45:34 PM

And how many years of medical research has the H1N1 vaccine undergone?

The H1N1 vaccine is made the same way as any other flu vaccine. Flu vaccines have undergone decades of research. Each year, the vaccine is made for specific strains of flu but the process is the same.

By the way, one of our school local districts just shut down because 30% of the students are out with the flu.

When I was working in a hospital, we were all required to have certain inoculations, not just to protect ourselves from sick patients but to protect sick patients from getting things from us. By the time you know you are sick, you have already been infected. Flu typically takes a week to manifest symptoms so by the time you know you have it, you may have already passed it on to people you may not even come in direct contact with. If you are a health care worker, these are some of the requirements of your job.

There's a Christian Scientist school not far from where I live and they periodically get quarantined because of measles outbreaks at their school. The entire school and faculty gets quarantined. You have to realize that your own individual actions sometimes put others at risk. If you're in a position to make other vulnerable people sick, you have to either take yourself out of that position or do what's required to minimize those risks.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 113
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/14/2009 3:08:27 PM
Not all vaccines are created equally. The polio vaccine took 3 years to be tested and confirmed as effective before it was distributed to the population. The swine flu vaccine has been around for how long?

Moreover, consider then that much of the funding for the polio vaccine came from the March of Dimes, who were interested in finding a cure, not padding pockets.

Comparing the polio vaccine to the H1N1 vaccine is a little like comparing a 1960's console TV to a 2009 LCD.
 clockwork lime
Msg: 114
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/14/2009 3:11:17 PM

Current influenza vaccinations will change as influenza strains change, but the reasearch proving their effectiveness is based on 70 years of research into the effectiveness of influenza vaccines.

http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/165/3/265

Background Observational studies report that influenza vaccination reduces winter mortality risk from any cause by 50% among the elderly. Influenza vaccination coverage among elderly persons (65 years) in the United States increased from between 15% and 20% before 1980 to 65% in 2001. Unexpectedly, estimates of influenza-related mortality in this age group also increased during this period. We tried to reconcile these conflicting findings by adjusting excess mortality estimates for aging and increased circulation of influenza A(H3N2) viruses.

Methods We used a cyclical regression model to generate seasonal estimates of national influenza-related mortality (excess mortality) among the elderly in both pneumonia and influenza and all-cause deaths for the 33 seasons from 1968 to 2001. We stratified the data by 5-year age group and separated seasons dominated by A(H3N2) viruses from other seasons.

Results For people aged 65 to 74 years, excess mortality rates in A(H3N2)-dominated seasons fell between 1968 and the early 1980s but remained approximately constant thereafter. For persons 85 years or older, the mortality rate remained flat throughout. Excess mortality in A(H1N1) and B seasons did not change. All-cause excess mortality for persons 65 years or older never exceeded 10% of all winter deaths.

Conclusions We attribute the decline in influenza-related mortality among people aged 65 to 74 years in the decade after the 1968 pandemic to the acquisition of immunity to the emerging A(H3N2) virus. We could not correlate increasing vaccination coverage after 1980 with declining mortality rates in any age group. Because fewer than 10% of all winter deaths were attributable to influenza in any season, we conclude that observational studies substantially overestimate vaccination benefit.

Research like that?
 Belle Requin
Msg: 115
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/14/2009 8:19:55 PM
I have never gotten the flu shot, I can't recall ever getting the flu. My mother got the flu shot, she got sick. My secretary got the flu shot, she got sick and made 2 other people in the office sick. So- tell me how exactly the vaccine "worked"? And tell me why the assumption that my immune system doesn't work?
 wisguyingb
Msg: 116
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/14/2009 8:53:44 PM
Vaccines always work and the government is never wrong! Just look at how good the late 70's swine flu vaccine worked. (Thats Sarcasm)
 Ezzee
Msg: 117
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/14/2009 8:54:19 PM
So for the first time in my life, 31+ years, I'm getting the flu vaccine this year, as well as H1N1 vaccine when it is available. The only reason I am doing so is because my wife's doctor recommended I do so being that she is pregnant. If it weren't for that reason I would in all likelihood not get it because for the most part I get one good cold/flu per year that lasts a few days and that's it.

I'm a little worried because from those I've talked to, they have suffered worse in years they received the shot as compared to those years they didn't. I'm concerned as to whether or not I am going to have a similar experience or exactly what to expect. But hey, I believe I do have to have some faith in my wife's doctor's opinion. After all, he did go to school for all those years for the training and he did come highly recommended to us. I mean, my training is in political science and Communication Studies, not medicine, so while I do educate myself, at some point one has to yield to those who have specialized training/licensee.

So yeah, sorry for my random rant, I just needed to type this out and say something. Have a good night.
 Stormwolf
Msg: 118
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/16/2009 1:06:03 PM
NYCLU
NEW YORK CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION
125 Broad Street, 19th FL
New York, NY 10004
www.nyclu.org
Testimony of the New York Civil Liberties Union
before
The New York State Assembly Committees on Health, Labor, Education, Higher
Education, and Workplace Safety
regarding
The New York State Department of Health's Adoption of an Emergency Regulation
Mandating Influenza Vaccination for Health Care Personnel
October 13, 2009
My name is Donna Lieberman and I am the Executive Director of the New York
Civil Liberties Union ("NYCLU"). The NYCLU, the state affiliate of the American Civil
Liberties Union, has approximately 48,000 members. The NYCLU is devoted to the
protection and enhancement of those fundamental rights and constitutional values
embodied in the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution and the Constitution of the State
of New York.
I would like to thank the Assembly Committees on Health, Labor, Education,
Higher Education, and Workplace Safety for inviting the NYCLU here today to provide
testimony relating to the emergency regulation recently enacted by the Department of
Health mandating influenza vaccination for certain health care personnel. This
emergency regulation makes mandatory influenza vaccination a condition of employment for hundreds of thousands of health care workers employed in hundreds of health care
settings statewide.
The NYCLU opposes this regulation and urges the State Department of Health to withdraw it.

A lot of very good questions asked in this thread can be answered if you read the whole testimony! Here is the LINK: http://www.nyclu.org/files/Flu_Testimony_10.13.09.pdf
 Stormwolf
Msg: 119
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/16/2009 1:26:57 PM
To all whom I may of offended with my overly agressive position,
I truly let my emotions get the best of me and I'm indeed sorry.
However, my postion and passion remain intact. Please understand
that as a Health Care Worker, it is my duty to insure that your right
to refuse any medical treatment is not violated in anyway. I always
emphatically protect your "bill of rights as a patient." I will in turn
protect mine with the same passion as I do for my patients!
 mungojoe
Msg: 120
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/16/2009 1:37:18 PM

I have never gotten the flu shot, I can't recall ever getting the flu. My mother got the flu shot, she got sick. My secretary got the flu shot, she got sick and made 2 other people in the office sick. So- tell me how exactly the vaccine "worked"? And tell me why the assumption that my immune system doesn't work?

Typically, that is a normal response to recieving most vaccines, this actually PROVES the vaccine and your immune system are working properly.

The majority of symptoms experienced from most illnesses, and colds/flu in particular, are NOT a result of the direct actions of the virus, but rather, the result of the immune system's RESPONSE to the virus.

The whole point of a vaccine is to STIMULATE an immune response and this often means "symptoms" similar to cold/flu symptoms such as fever, achiness and the indicators of histamine release (stuffiness, mucosal discharge, etc) though typically less severe than the response to the actual viral infection itself.

If you recieve a vaccination and then begin to feel as if you have actually "caught" the virus from the vaccine then that usually means both the vaccine and your immune system are doing EXACTLY what they are supposed to do.
 arwen52
Msg: 121
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/16/2009 1:44:06 PM

Not all vaccines are created equally. The polio vaccine took 3 years to be tested and confirmed as effective before it was distributed to the population. The swine flu vaccine has been around for how long?

How many times do we have to say this? Flu vaccines have been around for 40 years. The H1N1 vaccine only differs from every other flu vaccine in that it's a particular strain, just as every year there is a different strain. The process is *exactly* the same. Folks, will you please pay attention and put on your thinking caps.

Moreover, consider then that much of the funding for the polio vaccine came from the March of Dimes, who were interested in finding a cure, not padding pockets.

There is little profit in flu vaccines and, in fact, last year there was a shortage because it was all being made at two facilities in England. There was a problem in one place and, as a result, only half of what was planned was available. Big pharmaceutical companies aren't interested because of very low profit and they are afraid of our litigious society. As a result, we farm out the manufacture of flu vaccine.

Your own limited experience is insufficient to draw conclusions for the greater population. I didn't get the flu for a long time or even colds for over 7 years. Then my circumstances changed to where I was in much closer contact with a lot more people and I started getting the flu shots. Flu shots are no guarantee that you won't get the flu. I never personally have ever suffered any more than a temporarily sore shoulder.

Don't get a shot if you don't want to but if you are in a job where you put others at risk, you may be required, just as I was required to do some things when I worked in a hospital. The fear mongers, though, are just that - fear mongers. This accusation that the vaccine has not been tested is being made out of ignorance of the process.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 122
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/16/2009 2:00:30 PM

To all whom I may of offended with my overly agressive position,
I truly let my emotions get the best of me and I'm indeed sorry.
Sorry doesn't really cut it when someone dies of H1N1 because they've contracted the illness from a person that is supposed be there to help with illness.

A fifteen year old boy was tested positive for H1N1 prior to his death this week just north of where I live. He is the same age as my son. I simply cannot express how close to home this is hitting to the parents of children of this age group, not to even mention the family that is involved.

When weighed by the life of my son, your rights pale in comparison.
 Stormwolf
Msg: 123
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/16/2009 4:29:21 PM

When weighed by the life of my son, your rights pale in comparison.

Agreed 100%. Not only your Son, but all people. That's why I stand by my postion
to premote effective measures of good hygene and diet. That will save more people
than a false sense of immuntiy from a shot that has not been proven to work.
 Stormwolf
Msg: 124
view profile
History
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/16/2009 7:04:09 PM

Judge Halts Mandatory Flu Vaccines for Health Care Workers
The New York Times
10-16-2009
Dr. Richard F. Daines, the state health commissioner, issued the vaccination requirement in August. Updated, 4:21 p.m. | A judge on Friday morning halted enforcement of a New York State directive requiring that all health care workers be vaccinated for the seasonal flu and swine flu.

The temporary restraining order by the judge, Thomas J. McNamara, an acting justice of the State Supreme Court in Albany, comes amid a growing debate about the flu vaccine. On Friday afternoon, the State Department of Health vowed to fight the restraining order, saying that the authorities “have clear legal authority” to require vaccinations, and noted that state courts had upheld mandatory vaccinations of health care workers against rubella and tuberculosis. Justice McNamara scheduled a hearing for Oct. 30 on the three cases before him, involving the flu vaccine
 clockwork lime
Msg: 125
My body,My choice!
Posted: 10/17/2009 12:10:15 PM
I hope the final decision is in favour of the American people who have the right to refuse any medical procedure that they feel may harm them.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > My body,My choice!