Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A real woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 theforumfiend
Msg: 26
A real womanPage 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Ok, I peaked at that site. Girls, I don't think we should laugh that hard at the guys. After all, there is a Male Real Doll available too.

**shudder**
 EvilLolli
Msg: 27
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/10/2009 3:13:01 PM
^^Oh I knew there were the male versions too, they even come w/ interchangable, umm, lower equipment for variety.

I dunno, every time I see someone looking for a "real" partner I think of that site or the movie "Lars and the Real Girl". I guess because if you are looking to date a real person-I have to wonder what you have been dating.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 28
A real woman
Posted: 10/10/2009 3:27:25 PM

The whole use of the word "real" in the context of gender is kind of ridiculous IMO. It's just a bunch of ideas, theories, or opinions on what makes one gender more ideal or fits the stereotype best(girly girl or manly man).

I couldn't agree more. I always chuckle when I see the reference made to a "real" male/female in the forums. One big mistake we often make is trying and sort too many different types in the same bin.

There are millions of different types of women and as far as I'm concerned they are all "real women". And that's what us "real men" love most about them. Their uniqueness.

BTW- I checked out the "Real Doll" website too. Yes there were both male and female models. You have to wonder where the air in take and air release valves are for each.

While I was there I put my boss' work email address on the mailing list.
 Ependa
Msg: 29
A real woman
Posted: 10/10/2009 7:31:13 PM
A real woman is true to herself..and the 'ideal real woman' really depends on the man, I'd say. I'm sure every guy has a different take (just like every woman has a different take on a 'real man').
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 30
A real woman
Posted: 10/10/2009 7:55:30 PM
^^^ Ependa nailed it!

"To thine own self be true." For some women, that means being a housewife and/or a mother. For others, it means a career. For still others, it means all of the above. The definition is the same, but the application of it by each person is as different as fingerprints.

Same goes for "real men".
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 31
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/10/2009 9:10:41 PM
[QFT]

What is QFT?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 32
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/10/2009 9:15:31 PM
Ghost has it, 'cept for maybe #10; turkey without stuffing does not a meal make!

Ink spotter, fine, so long as one realizes that it works both ways.

Men & women ARE different, but equally important.

Lest we forget, this is a DATING site.
 PiggyT
Msg: 34
A real woman
Posted: 10/10/2009 10:21:39 PM

A real woman is true to herself..and the 'ideal real woman' really depends on the man, I'd say. I'm sure every guy has a different take (just like every woman has a different take on a 'real man').

From everything I have read that Ependa has written... she is a REAL woman.

I remain humbly .... a pig
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 35
A real woman
Posted: 10/10/2009 10:32:06 PM

annasthasia on 10/10/2009 2:04:25 PM
Subject: A real woman
Well, from what I have come to understand, here is the recipe...

1- Become anorexic.

2- Get a boob job...

3- Get a facelift.

4- Blow up your lips with botox.

5- Get the fat sucked out of your thighs and ass.

6- Make sure you are seen and NEVER EVER heard...

I am sure I missed something... but feel free to add on to the list!

Silly, you don't put botox in your lips! You use collagen or restalin!

And so far all I have is silicone in me...and I love it!!!

Beth
 Taztiger72
Msg: 36
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/10/2009 10:47:17 PM
Man you just don't get it. There is no such thing as a "Real Woman" other than she is a Human Being and not just a blow up doll.

On the other hand the conception of the "REAL MAN" is totally done up by Hollywood - and women judge on that conception - all others are Losers.

Just remember there are more Women than Men - there is and always will be in all animals
1 Male Lion to up 10 Females - because he is the strongest, has courage to take risks, provides protection, will make certain his seed is passed on. No he doesn't hold a job other than that, he is paid in Sex and Food. Marriage has nothing to do with it - soon as a Bigger Bad Lions knocks him off - he becomes the King of the Jungle.

Most male Lions - do not reproduce 75-80% fail...

That means like all animals - Losers and Mingers do not have the right to reproduce - they have to earn it, most will not reproduce.

That's right - The Type A - Bad Boy is the Top Lion and always will be. And no there is not someone for everybody - just a few with many lined up.

Write Time
Msg: 37
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 1:19:33 AM
To me, a "real woman" spends more time out in the world, showing people exactly who she is, vs. spending that time in front of a mirror, fussing over makeup and clothing to project the image of who she thinks she's supposed to be.
 3Therm0pylae0
Msg: 38
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 1:38:15 AM
Today, I think we have the rare opportunity to shed the roles of "Real Man" and "Real Woman" after all of us adopt the role of "Real Adult" who is generally mature, insightful, respectful/able and honorable. When these traits are adopted, anyone can't help but being a real man or woman. Yea, our genders have special traits we usually have if archetyping our genders' finer qualities, but I'm being a D-bag here.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 39
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 3:37:16 AM
{"Well, from what I have come to understand, here is the recipe...
1- Become anorexic.
2- Get a boob job...
3- Get a facelift.
4- Blow up your lips with botox.
5- Get the fat sucked out of your thighs and ass.
6- Make sure you are seen and NEVER EVER heard...
I am sure I missed something... but feel free to add on to the list! "}

Ooooor.... she could just, you know, have a good personality without an entitlement complex.
Not eating too much and exercising regularly would be a great bonus.

7. A frontal labotomy so you dont have opinions of your own and obey all rules.

I like my girls with a bit of spunk... and there's nothing wrong with being pleasant. A b1tchy woman makes a relationship one big, long battle. No thanks.

8. Have no kids so you can Fvck spontaneously.

Yup... and, you know, so we don't ever have to raise another man's spawn. Or go everywhere in the mommy wagon and feed 4 instead of 2 at dinner.
Just some thoughts. :)

A real woman understands there are things that men are just better at doing and she appreciates those skills.
A real woman takes the time and care to primp and pamper herself, with scents in the right places to entice her man.
A real woman takes the time to show her man that he's loved, cherished and appreciated for being a man.
A real woman is not afraid to be barefoot and in the kitchen making a good meal for her man/family.
A real woman doesn't think of herself as better or worse than men, just different, and she appreciates those differences.
A real woman can get the job done, but prefers to massage the shoulders of the man that actually does the job.

"No, that's a "real" satellite. "

Ummm... nasty labels like "satellite" or "old fashioned" with a sneer are part of why so many women are unappealing to me.

Believe it or not, a LOT of women really enjoy taking on a role like this, and guess what... statistically they tend to be happier and maintain longer and more solid relationships.

I wonder why?

Sorry I don't have the statistics on hand, but if you want, you can google it.

When I say "real woman" (as opposed to a fake one) I mean:

1. She goes without makeup more often than with makeup.
2. She farts (but is embarrassed by it, which is so adorable).
3. She refuses to put up with her man's sh!t, but has an endless capacity for forgiveness.
4. She has a little bit of junk in the trunk... and isn't self-concious about it.
5. She has strength of character and sense of responsibility.
6. Doesn't solve conflict by turning on the "frost machine".
7. Doesn't try to do a poor imitation of a man to get respect.

This sounds good too.

Although my definition of "junk in the trunk" is more like 125 lbs with a nice figure.

-8sf8
 kim247365
Msg: 40
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 5:14:49 AM
Real women don't allow men to label how she should appear, how she should think, or how she should behave to satisfy their needs. They are accepting of who they are and they treat all men/women respectfully and don't belittle others for what they have physically or financially that they don't have or are currently striving to obtain. Being manipulative, hateful or judgmental of any human being without knowing the person devalues yourself as a real man or real woman. We don't have to like each other but we sure as hell don't have to be hateful to each other. Love who you want, strive to get who you want just don't belittle those who you don't. Totally unnecessary.

Lint Spotter said it best, can be for both women and men.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 41
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 6:37:47 AM

What is QFT?
Quoted For Truth

Ink spotter, fine, so long as one realizes that it works both ways.
I'll presume that this comment was directed towards me... seems since I switched to a name with more than three letters, it's confused some people.

Of course it works both ways, but this is the Real Woman Thread. My points were made because it seems that so many lose sight of the fact that they can be an old fashioned woman and take on the roles that a woman had historically without losing their independence or ability to be self-sufficient.

As there are others that have also commented, it should be noted that the response was also directed at this in terms of a Relationship as this is the Relationship Forum. Put the same question in a forum that is entitled Employment and the answer would vary drastically.

Ummm... nasty labels like "satellite" or "old fashioned" with a sneer are part of why so many women are unappealing to me.

Believe it or not, a LOT of women really enjoy taking on a role like this, and guess what... statistically they tend to be happier and maintain longer and more solid relationships.
I also don't understand the insult of my comments being satellite...

As for many women enjoying taking on this role, for many of us, in a relationship, it's perfectly natural to be that person... it doesn't stop me from going out to work to help with the household income, nor does it define the only roles that I take on in the relationship. What it does do, in my opinion at least, is show that it's perfectly ok to realize that the man is stronger and more able to do certain things without depreciating my own value.

As old fashioned or archaic as it might be, I have no problem doing things that will show the man I'm with that I appreciate him not only for the way he thinks, but for his masculinity as well. I also have no problem bringing him a cold beer during the game so that he doesn't have to get up... I've learned that the repayment for these small gestures comes back tenfold and that a smile of appreciation from my partner while in a relationship is one of the most precious gifts I can receive...

If this makes me unreal... then so be it...
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 42
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 6:37:53 AM

Man you just don't get it. There is no such thing as a "Real Woman" other than she is a Human Being and not just a blow up doll.

Oh, I very definately DO get it. I didn't ask this question because I was looking for the answer myself. I asked this question as a response to the "real man" thread. I asked this queston because I wanted to see what was going on in the minds of other people. I'm trying to understand people as a whole, not just "real women". How you answer the question tells me a great deal more than the actual answer you provide.

If this makes me unreal... then so be it...

No, this demonstrates good character.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 43
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 7:44:00 AM

The tall models unless they become bullimic and take drugs to curb their appetite HAVE to weigh MORE than a 125 pounds on a 6 foot frame... Geez... get a grip!!!

No, you get a grip. Maybe he doesn't like tall women. Maybe he prefers a smaller woman. This is his taste - his preference. If he condemns women who are bigger then this than that is a problem, but simply prefering a smaller woman is perfectly reasonable.

My current g/f would look sickly at 125. It simply wouldn't fit her body type. Some women look (and are) healthy and gorgeous at this weight.
 JustMary65
Msg: 44
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 7:55:11 AM
Hmmmm I had to ask my 7 yr old son what he thought about this question---so I asked him to explain to me what makes a person real....his answer 'you can see them'.

Nuff said----MM
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 45
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 8:11:38 AM
not_ginger,

... a woman sees the name in a profile and fails to see that a little humour was actually intended!!

AND what man wants to date a woman who lacks a sense of humour.

Lint Spotter
Msg: 46
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 8:20:25 AM

My current g/f would look sickly at 125. It simply wouldn't fit her body type. Some women look (and are) healthy and gorgeous at this weight.
Also considering that he hasn't mentioned height, I'm inclined to agree with Boinkboinkboink in this scenario. At my height, 125 would have me being extremely slender, to the point of being gaunt and unappealing... cut four or five inches off my height and 125 is a very healthy weight with room to lose without being in danger of being gaunt... and remove another couple of inches and now you have a woman with a voluptuous figure.

I prefer to be an optimist and think that he is referring to a woman of 5'3" or so in height rather than someone my height or taller where 125 has no padding...

I should add to my list that it's been my experience that a real woman has curves and softness rather than angles and bones protruding... never had I felt more womanly than after giving birth to my son, I was lovingly referred to as rubenesque by my partner. It was a real eye opener that he was even more attracted to me than when I was a teenager and extremely athletic... to the point of even giving me the feeling of empowerment.

Gotta love those real men that know how to treat a real woman...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 48
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 9:51:40 AM

You can't get annoyed with a response on the basis that you meant MORE than what you said.
I wasn't and am not annoyed, I'm absolutely clueless as to the use of the word satellite as an insult. I'd never heard it before and therefore was lost on the intended insult from you. You really should be clearer to us women that don't often leave the kitchen rather than expecting us to stop stirring the soup and be more worldly... *that was a dig... to be clear*

Frankly, by beginning your comments with a little dig at "libbers," I thought you were intentionally baiting other women.
It wasn't a dig, it was a comment... and directed towards my gal pals on here.

I think that was also the intent behind your decision to unnecessarily throw the "barefoot" in the kitchen remark in there--unless you honestly believe that women who cook barefoot are more "real" than women who wear shoes in the kitchen.
I don't wear shoes in my house anywhere, and my thought behind that comment was actually a picture of myself shoeless, sockless in my kitchen cooking a meal before my significant other was coming home and the smile I had on my face at his comment to me at the time... which was exactly my being barefoot and in the kitchen...

And rather than quoting the rest of your post... allow me to end it with this being the Relationship Forum. I believe common sense dictates that one respond to the question as one would in regards to being in a relationship...
 PiggyT
Msg: 49
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 10:01:36 AM
Yet another thread that has spiraled into the "us against them" shite.

A real woman is very happy being herself. (whatever SHE chooses to be)
A real woman has curves and loves herself as she is (I think Dove has captured the essence of this in their new ad campaigns)
A real woman will accept that she is not a man and will not be looking to "equal one" as she knows the unique differences inherent to being a woman are enough to remain unique yet every bit as good as a man.
A real woman wants a real man. Simply put, she wants to be with someone who is her opposite because it's kinda natures way...
A real woman is!
 CompletelyDone
Msg: 50
A real woman
Posted: 10/11/2009 10:04:18 AM

Hmmmm I had to ask my 7 yr old son what he thought about this question---so I asked him to explain to me what makes a person real....his answer 'you can see them'.

Precisely!!! BEST answer yet!!! A gold star to the little man!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A real woman