Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A real woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2Irish1
Msg: 76
A real womanPage 4 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

Real women like really tall men

Is it true that real women like tall men with mouseballs? Inquiring minds want to know.
 chameleonf
Msg: 77
A real woman
Posted: 10/13/2009 12:54:50 PM
^^^^^^^^
If it's true....I'm a fake and fraud kinda woman! Ohhhhhhh...you mean relative to body size...scratch that....
 Taztiger72
Msg: 78
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/13/2009 5:52:10 PM
I’m allowed to find someone attractive and I’m allowed to find someone unattractive… so it is perfectly ok for me to not want to date someone shorter than say… 6’2” tall or for any other reason.

You just proved my point - Men under 5'5" are automatically discriminated against - and are tagged ugly because they are not tall - sorry - we don't get to decide how tall we are...

Daniel Craig - the current James Bond is 5'8" - there was so much of smear campaign against him being Bond due to 1 thing - his height - tons of women including ones under 5'5" will not accept a man that is under 5'11"!

So when did the 5'11" man become the norm? And Taller women have to Compete with Short women for men in their height range - so a lot of Taller women can accept a man who is shorter than they are....
 Taztiger72
Msg: 79
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/14/2009 4:46:40 PM

If height is a deal breaker for some women im sure you are i would not have much in common with them anyways.

Good Point - As I always say - If they can't accept you the way you are - then too bad then.

Well, there are too many shallow people anyways - I have no control over them - nor do I plan to - but these are the same people who put others down - when it's not valid....

8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 80
A real woman
Posted: 10/14/2009 4:54:25 PM
^^^ Dude, any physical requirement a person has cannot be shallow.

They're only called shallow by the people who don't measure up to their standards.

Get over it and stop b1tching about your height. Boo freakin' hoo.

Shallow is someone liking and being attracted to someon, but refusing to date them because they think it might bring down their social status.

Honestly, I am SHOCKED that I didn't get flamed 99 ways for saying on a previous page I have weight preferences for women.

So maybe people are coming around to the notion that preferences are preferences.

-8sf8
 Taztiger72
Msg: 81
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/14/2009 7:53:01 PM

They're only called shallow by the people who don't measure up to their standards.

Get over it and stop b1tching about your height. Boo freakin' hoo.

How tall are You? Did you decide this? Do you have the majority of women who are even 5" Shorter than you - still want someone who is 5" taller than you? I guess Not

Anyway - when I find a woman who likes me for who I am - and not just physical issues like height - I say she is a keeper.....
 *pisceseyes
Msg: 82
A real woman
Posted: 10/14/2009 10:25:50 PM
<---......(me, me!) j/k (well not really) ALTHOUGH...maybe you men should turn the attention on yourselves...yes genders have been "compromised" in this day and age.. but im old fashioned..no woman's lib here.. you wanna wear the pants and i decorate the house..like leave it to beaver..OH WAIT.... *REALITY* would be nice to find a man to battle the world with one hand tied behind his back while we support him.. but just not the case in this era :(
 Taztiger72
Msg: 83
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/14/2009 11:25:08 PM
Real women date shorter and taller men, but not men with SMS.

SMS - is that a euphimism or something?

Well, it just is not going to work with me - my size is my size and I would never change it for anything. And I like women who are around my size.

A Man's size is just that - a size - nothing about who they are, what they are or their personality.

GO AHEAD JUDGE THE BOOK BY THE COVER - you know when you throw out what's on the inside - you get what you deserve.......

A "REAL WOMAN" has at least the knowledge to not just look at photos or 1 aspect of a person......
 vegaschickie
Msg: 84
A real woman
Posted: 10/15/2009 12:37:11 AM
Rent Lars and the Real Girl for what a real doll is. lol

I think most of the women in magazines, well women's magazines, are all trying to be accepted by being waifishly skinny and they resemble a real live clothes hanger. I don't know, all the men I have met never wanted me to look like one of the models in those magazines. They've all cared about me for me.

My friends and I are real women, and if you are a woman, then you and your friends are too. My friends and I all have hearts, souls, personalities and senses of humor, some are married and some are single. We all worry about looking our best not only for the men in our lives but also, and more importantly for our own self esteem and well-being. We are all various heights and body types, whether it be tall and slender or short and petite. I have beautiful friends, who while we might never be on the cover of magazine, Cosmo or Playboy, for example, but we manage to attract the opposite sex and have intriguing sex lives with the men of our choice. We're doing pretty well, I'd say.
 vegaschickie
Msg: 85
A real woman
Posted: 10/15/2009 1:07:50 AM

Still men are not that interested because they are looking for someone who is a very close version of Barbie

i see the blanket statement and it makes me want to pull my hair out..wait i have to have hair for that...but you get what im saying.

Your statement would be better stated if you say the men that you are attracted to want a close version of barbie.

What i look for in a real woman is genuineness.
A person who is not pretending to be something they are not.
a sense of humor and an established life....(ie i dont date under 35)
If you never had an electric bill in your name im not interested.
throw in some common ground and wait to see if there is a chemical spark.
dosn't have to be a barbie but i hope it's not an Ernest borgnign look alike.
i do know love seldom looks the way we think it will when it shows up.

I think we all have to look at people as human beings not stereotype by sex, height, age, weight. Not to be all 'kumbya' but we are all special and unique, supposed to be, not Barbie and Ken spawns. We are all on earth for a reason. Each of us have something to offer to someone else. No, not everyone will be attracted to us, and yes, it might be completely unfair, such as the height issue that one guy keeps complaining about , but eventually, whoever we click with will be found in the big haystack in time.

The only reason why I singled out Chris755's response is something caught my eye. In the process of reading everyone's opinions, I came across his profile. I kind of liked it, but I am under 35. lol I am 32. I am amused that because of his own standards he'll never know what a kind, compassionate, genuine woman I am. It's his own loss not mine..his is an age standard. See, that's why we have to access each person on a singular basis, and not based on any standard we have.
 lobster tales
Msg: 86
A real woman
Posted: 10/15/2009 11:28:16 AM
A real woman? Well, I think that is one who is confident; comfortable with who they are; will kick the hell out the glass ceiling; knows she break your heart, but never flouts the power; is sexy because she is who she is; and lights up your heart every time you see her. I'm just sayin'
 browneyesboo
Msg: 87
A real woman
Posted: 10/15/2009 11:44:35 AM
I'm a real woman.
I'm don't have any bitter lists of what I should be.
I like who I am and wouldn't change a thing.
I still think most people (including men) are good
and I still think there's a happy ending for everyone.
I'm one of those woman libbers who thinks a feminist
is someone who can do any job while still maintaining
her identity.
I consider myself good people first and a good
woman next.

Of course that's just my opinion...but it works for me.

2Irish1
Msg: 88
A real woman
Posted: 10/15/2009 1:36:49 PM
^^^I agree...stranger things have happened
 m14shooter
Msg: 89
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/15/2009 3:14:47 PM
I want someone open and honest about their past from the very beginning including her parents and how they got along all the way to sex and sexual abuse if there was any. Someone that can communicate constructively. Someone that can put the past in the past when I have corrected something I have done wrong. Someone that can tell me when I was hurting their feeling and why it hurt their feelings. Someone that can wait a while for sex, a month or two is fine as I can figure out in that period they are right for me and if not I don't want the memory of sex if they are not. Has realistic expectations and doesn't need to fit every guy into the exact same mold. Someone that thinks before they open their mouth. Not controlling. Accepting of my friends because I probably don't like some of hers either but wont ask her to get rid of them.
 ladyc4
Msg: 90
A real woman
Posted: 10/15/2009 4:22:32 PM

a "real" woman meaning one for longterm?

Intelligence
Gorgeous
Sexually open
Must possess a thick full bush (no exceptions).

a real man for same
Honest/honorable
Ethical
resourceful
affectionate
kind
sexually compatible
Serviceably sound
Cindy O
 Dee4166
Msg: 91
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/15/2009 4:46:51 PM

A real woman understands there are things that men are just better at doing and she appreciates those skills.
A real woman takes the time and care to primp and pamper herself, with scents in the right places to entice her man.
A real woman takes the time to show her man that he's loved, cherished and appreciated for being a man.
A real woman is not afraid to be barefoot and in the kitchen making a good meal for her man/family.
A real woman doesn't think of herself as better or worse than men, just different, and she appreciates those differences.
A real woman can get the job done, but prefers to massage the shoulders of the man that actually does the job...

I'm sure there are many more things that define a real woman, but those are the ones that are on top of my list...

Funny how all it takes to be a "real" woman is to define yourself according to how much of a "man" you can make the guy you're with feel like, huh?

A real woman, in my opinion, is courageous and brave and hopeful , and that's just EVERY mother out there kudos to you all!!, because it takes all of that just to get pregnant, give birth and raise a child!!

A real woman DOES understand that men and women ARE different and can appreciate those differences, no question...But when they're on their own, (real women), they don't fall apart like a fragile flower in a windstorm either!!!

Real women have smarts and aren't afraid to show them and if the guys around her are intimidated, she just keeps looking rather than shut her mouth for HIS convenience, she has the courage of her convictions and can live in integrity with those convictions and values...
She's honest and direct when appropriate and doesn't resort to manipulative games spoon-fed to her all her life as "the way to trap a man", because she knows that's not fair nor kind, nor who she wants to be...
She knows that there's an enormous difference between behaving in a loving way toward her partner and "laying the trap"!!!
A real woman takes pride in her appearance without causing herself unnecessary discomfort or trying to compete with women half her age, because eventually the old adage that "Good looks are great, but after the first 5 minutes you're on your own", becomes more relevant as the years pass...
A real woman doesn't buy all of that garbage being touted since time immemorial, that the "feminine side" is any less important or necessary in life than the masculine one, she also doesn't buy any of that b.s. about emotions being a sign of weakness, she KNOWS that feeling and processing her feelings will help her to live longer and be happier...Which, btw, all of those "rational" men of science are just discovering is actually a scientific fact and not just an old wive's tale...

And above all else...A real woman knows that all she has to be is herself to "qualify" as a REAL woman, rather than styling herself after some unrealistic fantasy image found only in magazines that are liberal with the airbrush!!!

LONG LIVE ALL OF US "REAL WOMEN"!!!!
 PiggyT
Msg: 92
A real woman
Posted: 10/15/2009 7:02:57 PM
What about us PIGS?

How come we get left out of everything?

Can you define a "REAL PIG"?
 mcwr
Msg: 93
A real woman
Posted: 10/15/2009 8:49:18 PM
That's just another way of saying "a respectable woman", which is based upon opinion.
 jacob8088
Msg: 94
A real woman
Posted: 10/15/2009 9:50:45 PM
Hmm what do I look for in a real woman. Let's see...mainly one without stretchmarks and of course any kind of extra baggage . And most of all a woman that's not on welfare while abusing the system. Now to me, that's a real woman..
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 95
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/16/2009 4:19:55 AM

Funny how all it takes to be a "real" woman is to define yourself according to how much of a "man" you can make the guy you're with feel like, huh?
If that's what you read in my post, you've failed to see the selflessness that I've defined a 'real woman' as being. I find it unfortunate that people feel this way...
 Dee4166
Msg: 96
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/16/2009 5:56:36 AM
Not at all Lint....
I think that mother's and friends and sisters and cousins and aunts can ALL be selfless too...
So I guess we are to define ourselves , (once more!) by what we GIVE to others rather than what we ACCOMPLISH or who we are....Hmmmm....I think I'm pretty clear on what you, and OTHERS, have meant and said here....

And please...you can spare me the "unfortunate" stuff...it's pretty patronizing and glib....
Have a nice day
 trusouthernlady
Msg: 97
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/16/2009 8:07:28 AM
I agree with you're discription. My question is, are there any men out there that want a righteous woman?????? Now, just because a woman is living her belief doesn't mean she isn't fun and exciting-----I just seem to think most of you guys are into the fun of the search and not looking for what a long term relationship will need.
 trusouthernlady
Msg: 98
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/16/2009 8:07:37 AM
I agree with you're discription. My question is, are there any men out there that want a righteous woman?????? Now, just because a woman is living her belief doesn't mean she isn't fun and exciting-----I just seem to think most of you guys are into the fun of the search and not looking for what a long term relationship will need.
 PiggyT
Msg: 99
A real woman
Posted: 10/16/2009 8:09:56 AM
Another thread reminded me of something that makes a woman a "real" woman.

Pubic Hair!
 karma1160
Msg: 100
A real woman
Posted: 10/16/2009 8:26:07 AM
Real women were made with big hearts to accept and forgive/ get along with real men.
In this criterior I my opinion Hilary Clinton is as real as it gets!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A real woman