Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A real woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Street King
Msg: 101
A real womanPage 5 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Most women aren't real women. This is similar to the whole "Good Woman" "Nice Girl" phrases. I don't think a real woman exists apart from the Spirit of God breaking her will. By nature women are selfish, manipulative, and corrupt in their hearts. They can't be trusted and are subject to every lie and whim of emotion. They're slaves to their own evil desires and are never content. This reflects most of the women who have put negative comments on your post. These women just don't want to take responsibility for themselves but have fun pointing the blame at men.

A woman is someone female who obeys God in her thoughts/actions/heart so she can live a life interdependent of the individuals around her.
 tbuddha
Msg: 102
A real woman
Posted: 10/16/2009 6:56:05 PM

By nature women are selfish, manipulative, and corrupt in their hearts.

I'm not so sure about that, but it'd be hard to argue with you using the women on pof as examples!
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 103
A real woman
Posted: 10/16/2009 7:40:05 PM

I'm not so sure about that, but it'd be hard to argue with you using the women on pof as examples!

Ha! Ha! POF = Plenty of Fakes ( flakes )??
 _SYN_
Msg: 104
A real woman
Posted: 10/16/2009 10:09:09 PM
Real woman?

Lorena Bobbit... she is my hero
 Taztiger72
Msg: 105
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 4:04:04 AM
A REAL WOMAN can accept you for who you are.

A Real Woman will date you if you are Unemployed.

A Real Woman is honest to herself and you.

Lint Spotter
Msg: 106
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 6:11:32 AM

A Real Woman will date you if you are Unemployed.
Oh come on... exactly what does an unemployed man offer to an impending relationship? That has nothing to do with whether or not a woman is real, it has to do with whether or not she's naive enough to believe a stranger when he spouts that it's not his fault... blah, blah, blah...
 tbuddha
Msg: 107
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:58:55 AM

^^^Now wait a minute...are you referring to the vast majority of them , or just the single moms only?

LOL...the vast majority of them ARE single moms - so both!
 Taztiger72
Msg: 108
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 12:30:33 PM

exactly what does an unemployed man offer to an impending relationship?

Well let's see - the same as an employed man

So 16 Million people in the US should not be worthy to have relationships or be married in your eyes because they are unemployed?

Remember you are 1 they are many
 whytwater
Msg: 109
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 1:23:08 PM

Real woman?
Lorena Bobbit... she is my hero

WTF!!!!???
Uhhhh, just thought this particular post should be repeated, for anybody who only reads the last page of a thread. And if you still wanna date her (see her thread about nixing dates who show up on the same block where she lives), better take her to a place where the cutlery is plastic.
Shhheeeessh!
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 110
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 1:56:27 PM
exactly what does an unemployed man offer to an impending relationship?

Well let's see - the same as an employed man
Actually, no... he doesn't offer personal stability, responsibility or resourcefulness. All of these things are very important in a relationshipj.

So 16 Million people in the US should not be worthy to have relationships or be married in your eyes because they are unemployed?
Look little man... I think you have a lot of issues that you need to deal with before spouting on the forums. I would not date an unemployed man, nor would I marry one. As for whether or not I would stick around if the man lost his job during the relationship depends on a variety of factors.

Am I supporting him and he's taking the free ride as his right? If yes, then chances are that yeah, I'm going to cut the line and he'll have no choice but to support himself. I'll happily support my children, not someone I'm dating or even in a relationship with... so to clarify...

No, unemployed men are not datable, regardless of how many there are in the world.

Remember you are 1 they are many
Which makes me no less right... but I do wonder, do you presume to speak for all of them?
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 111
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 3:45:41 PM

No, unemployed men are not datable, regardless of how many there are in the world.

What a selfish, shallow woman! The best relationship of my life began at a time that I was unemployed. Since then, I have become employed again. She gave me love, hope, and a great feeling of motivation as a result of her love. This greatly helped me to find good quality work.

I consider this poster a prime example of woman who isn't "real". Real women seek real men with a strong character and a good heart. Fake, superficial women judge men by the size of their wallet.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 112
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 4:01:16 PM
I consider this poster a prime example of woman who isn't "real". Real women seek real men with a strong character and a good heart. Fake, superficial women judge men by the size of their wallet.
And yet a couple of pages ago you were touting me as one of the most real women on this site... oh, how fickle the opinions...

What a selfish, shallow woman! The best relationship of my life began at a time that I was unemployed. Since then, I have become employed again. She gave me love, hope, and a great feeling of motivation as a result of her love. This greatly helped me to find good quality work.
We all have our reasons for our opinions... and if my not being willing to take away from my children to give to a man that should be supporting himself makes me less real and shallow, then fake and shallow I am... and I wear those labels proudly.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 113
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:31:52 PM

And yet a couple of pages ago you were touting me as one of the most real women on this site

Actually, all I said on page three is that you were demonstrating good character. What you said on page three made a lot of sense. The statements you make about unemployed people are frankly cold-hearted and rediculous. You are demonstrating that you are bitter about a previous experience you've had with a man in your life. Although I can certainly understand why you might be bitter about your previous experience, judging others by this one experience is VERY unfair. Should I label all Romanian women bipolar and brutal because of my one bad experience with a bipolar Romanian woman?

This is another component of reality in a person's characer: the capacity to treat people as individuals rather than painting with a broad brush. In my experience, the people who do treat others as individuals posess an internal self-confidence. It has already been pointed out how important self-confidence is in one's quest for real womanhood or manhood.
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 114
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:34:22 PM
How about Helen of Troy? She must have been to cause a war...
 ladyc4
Msg: 115
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:47:46 PM
Is it just me, or is a thread where women get flamed for saying they would not date an unemployed man,yet there are men in the same thread casting aspersions about single mothers/women on welfare.
Help me out here...women are in the wrong for requiring a man be employed, but it's OK for men to reject women for not being employed?
As far as I'm concerned,when it comes to mature adults dating one another, I think that having a means of support is not too much to ask. The situation of an unemployed person, I would think depends on a lot of factors like how hard is the person trying to get back into the workforce, resourcefulness,willingness to be proactive.
If men can set down a strict standard like "no single mothers",why can't a woman set a standard of "must be employed"?
Cindy O
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 116
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:59:35 PM

The situation of an unemployed person, I would think depends on a lot of factors like how hard is the person trying to get back into the workforce, resourcefulness,willingness to be proactive.

I agree. However, is that what Lint is saying? No! She is simply dismissing all unemployed people. Furthermore, I disagree with an underlying premise. The premise is that people must find work before they date. This is wrong. People must continue to live their life when they are unemployed. If they don't, they become depressed. If they are depressed, they lose motivation to search for work. This, by the way, is one of the most important reasons why we must all save money while we are working so that we CAN support ourselves for atleast three months if we become unemployed. This allows us to continue to live our life with one modification. Instead of going into work, we search for work.

Anyhow, unemployed or not, this isn't relevant to my thread. Unless, of course, you want to argue that employment is necessary component of being a real woman. Is a stay at home mother collecting alimony and child support a real woman?
 _SYN_
Msg: 117
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 8:17:53 PM

WTF!!!!???
Uhhhh, just thought this particular post should be repeated, for anybody who only reads the last page of a thread. And if you still wanna date her (see her thread about nixing dates who show up on the same block where she lives), better take her to a place where the cutlery is plastic.
Shhheeeessh!

lmao! whytwater I was just joking, but I guess men take those kind of jokes too seriously.

Also, I think you took my past thread topic the wrong way as I'm not even dating. It was pertaining to just talking/meeting people on line, and the "foot in the door" comment was meant figuratively, not literally. I just wanted to clear the air for you. I may be crazy, but I'm not psycho. (once again...joking so ya know)
 EvilLolli
Msg: 118
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 9:40:40 PM
The more I read on this thread the more I am laughing. And yes they are "REAL" laughs.

The definations of some for a "real" woman are hilarious. Though I am beginning to see for some people it is more a questions of a person's maturity level to make them "real". For others, it seems to be more a matter of filling out an idealized list of the "perfect" partner for some one to be "real".

Shouldn't it really be a question of who is a more compatable fit for an individual than the the level of their supposed "realness"?

Since honestly one person's definition of a "real" gender depends on what the other person does/feels/treat them like.

A woman who is making good money and can support her man is no less a "real" woman to that man. A man who supports his woman making the money by being a good "househubby" is no less a real man to her.

It does seem though that most are using stereotypical definitions of a gender role to define someone's "realness". Why are so many letting some one else's opinion of them define how to be the best person they can be, and letting something like gender have such a defining influence on how they should view themselves?
 Taztiger72
Msg: 119
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 11:06:03 PM

Anyhow, unemployed or not, this isn't relevant to my thread. Unless, of course, you want to argue that employment is necessary component of being a real woman. Is a stay at home mother collecting alimony and child support a real woman?

boinkboinkboink - you know what - you know what you are talking about here.

I am dating a woman from here - she took herself off when we started talking - I had to let her know I was unemployed due to the economy since January. Yes, she was very mad - but she has a much better job than I will ever even have - she understands I am in Temporary phase in my life not working - hell I'm 37 and have worked my whole life since I was 18! Until this S#!T hit the fan, I work in Insurance so we went early - on the line - and there are still no Real Jobs available.

But getting back - the Woman I am dating looked past all that. Work is not a person. Some people on here are Stone cold like Lint - who is only looking for Power Not Love - I bet who ever she dates - she would dump immediately if they got laid off! Talk about a Cold Heart - She should put that on her profile - Otherwise she is lying on her posting!

REDDRAGON.
Msg: 120
A real woman
Posted: 10/19/2009 1:47:53 AM

^^^Now wait a minute...are you referring to the vast majority of them , or just the single moms only?

LOL...the vast majority of them ARE single moms - so both!

a real woman can spot an as.shole a mile away.

*hem hem* go go gadget dildo
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 121
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/19/2009 2:58:57 AM
You are demonstrating that you are bitter about a previous experience you've had with a man in your life.
It's not bitterness, it's called learning from life experiences. And if you'll note, I did qualify my opinion while in a relationship would certainly depend on the circumstances. Not wishing to get involved with a person that is unemployed is a reasonable standard... in mine and many other opinions.

The situation of an unemployed person, I would think depends on a lot of factors like how hard is the person trying to get back into the workforce, resourcefulness,willingness to be proactive.

I agree. However, is that what Lint is saying? No! She is simply dismissing all unemployed people. Furthermore, I disagree with an underlying premise. The premise is that people must find work before they date.
I'm sorry... I should have clarified so that others were not tossed up on the pyre with me... a man must be employed in order to date me.

During the last recession when I was laid off due to business closure, I maintained four part time jobs and took classes to further improve my employability. If I were to be laid off today, I could easily have another job by next week - I've even received job offers over the past few months. If a single mother can do this, why is it too much to expect the same of a man?

Some people on here are Stone cold like Lint - who is only looking for Power Not Love - I bet who ever she dates - she would dump immediately if they got laid off! Talk about a Cold Heart - She should put that on her profile - Otherwise she is lying on her posting!
That was on my last version of my profile... and it might be more appropriate to refer to me as heartless.

Ya know what I found my man here and he is unemployed and disabled. And for all you goofy women out there who passed him up you really lost out because he is a truly amazing man and I snatched him up quick! He's my sweetie and I love him to pieces.
Then perhaps you should be thanking women like me... we're certainly narrowing our dating pools making it easier for you gals that will accept things such as this in your lives.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 122
A real woman
Posted: 10/19/2009 5:23:30 AM

During the last recession when I was laid off due to business closure, I maintained four part time jobs and took classes to further improve my employability. If I were to be laid off today, I could easily have another job by next week - I've even received job offers over the past few months. If a single mother can do this, why is it too much to expect the same of a man?

Four jobs doing what? Waiting tables? No restaurant or convenience store is going to hire a laid off engineer (for example). If you have a long employment history in the service industry, finding part-time work like this is very easy. I would argue however, that doing a proper job search in one's industry is a MUCH better use of time than working 20 hours a day in four part-time job. Expecting your man to do this is quite foolish. By making more money in the short-term and denying himself a proper job search, he makes much less money in the medium to long term.

Can't he too have standards? He wants a job in HIS industry. He doesn't want to waste valuable time working minimum wage jobs. Having said that, if he is spending all of his time in front of the TV, drinking, then you have a very good point.

Pounding one's chest and arrogantly declaring your supposed virtues, is a prime example of low self-confidence. True confidence eminates from a person. It dosen't need to be publicly declared. Self-confidence is key to being real, regardless of your gender.
 eastendwoman
Msg: 123
A real woman
Posted: 10/19/2009 6:04:09 AM
Dear Boink: If you're looking for a 'real' woman, the first thing you should do is change your screen name. Just from looking at it I'd guesstimate that you're just looking for a quick encounter. So does it really matter if she's, real, or latex, or made of straw?????
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 124
A real woman
Posted: 10/19/2009 7:25:24 AM
Hey East, read my profile! I'm only here for the forums. Wow, one judgemental person after another!
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 125
view profile
History
A real woman
Posted: 10/19/2009 7:34:12 AM

Oh come on... exactly what does an unemployed man offer to an impending relationship?
I really need to ask this question: Exactly what does an unemployed WOMAN have to offer an impending relationship????
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A real woman