Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hannity
Msg: 255
The unoffical rules of dating a single mother.Page 5 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
You like to remind single mothers that they are trash every chance you get.

I don't think that single mothers are trash at all. And since you are so fascinated with my post and have read and memorized all of them, maybe you can go back, look them up and quote me. Just because I do not think that single mothers deserve the man of their dreams/knight in shining armour, etc....just because they had a child by another man is not putting them down. Why should you be different than anyone else. There are some single women without children who don't expect Prince Charming.

So stop thinking you are sooooo special and stop thinking that men are refering to you as trash if they do not want to date you.

Don't make it sound that what you do is so friggin noble please anyone that has read ur posts for awhile know that you make cheap shots as well as the next person.

I haven't posted on here and in succession in a while but obviously you have a lot of time on your hands to try to keep up with my post when there are plenty of other guys posting who think that you are not that great.

And constantly putting people down that is NOT expressing an opinion that is called being a jackazz there's a difference.

It is not only an opinion, it is the truth. You are not special or deserving of more than a married parent or a single person just because you are are a mom without a man. Why don't you single moms stop CONSTANTLY posting these types of threads, then you would not have to worrying about someone disagreeing with you.

Heaven forbide a woman be a strong independent woman who is more then capable of standing on her own and doesn't need a man to raise her family.

There you go thinking you are special again for being a single mom.....Good mothers do not need but want a man to raise her family and she doesn't pick jerks to have her children by.

Actually I wouldn't wish that on those women they have to deal with more then their fair share of suffering. But yes lets make light about women that suffer horrible atrocities.

There are many Iraqi women who will strongly disagree with you, in their culture the women are considered respected as opposed to being oppressed as westerners might see it as. The veils, not showing their bodies, sitting eating facing the wall, etc...are all forms of respect toward them. It is their culture and you may be suprised that the women of Iraq do not feel opressed as you think. Within the home women hold authority over their children and household affairs. The man’s mother takes the role as the overall authority. Do your research.
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 258
The unoffical rules of dating a single mother.
Posted: 4/1/2010 1:21:32 PM
Ladies, some posters will never appreciate how they come across as bitter, angry men.

And "I" have a biased opinion??????
 late™
Msg: 259
Posted: 4/1/2010 2:03:23 PM

1. Make no blanket generalizations concerning single parents unless; you're comfortable being seen as an ignorant, bigoted and self-concerned assclown by anybody (regardless of gender and politics) capable of forming a well-reasoned and logical conclusion.

2. YMMV --> See rule #1
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 260
Posted: 4/1/2010 4:20:40 PM
(jenn8131) True there is some power in the veils women are not judged by their appearance and do not feel the need to have cosmetic surgery but there are serious issues. Within the home they are protected but what happens if their husband beats them? they have no recourse.

This is always an indicator that a woman can't step out of her prejudices: you're trying to make it sound like wife beating is endemic in Islam. The same type of comment appears when the topic of women's political rights in the West are br0ught up: before women had this, that, or the other right, their husbands beat them as a matter of course, and everyone (well, all us nasty men) were all like "wink-wink-nudge-nudge".

Pure flap-doodle.

And you can't blame those women for choosing poorly because a lot of those marriages were/are arranged.

I always thought that arranged marriages were in Hinduism?

Regardless: does anyone know the failure rate of arranged marriages as compared to, say, marriages for "love" here in the "enlightened" West?

Jack
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 261
Posted: 4/1/2010 4:48:54 PM
Pure flap-doodle.

^^^ .... holy shit, that's pretty fvcking strong fvcking language, don't you think?

... I'm pretty god-damned pissed off and offended that you'd use that sort of language in public, for Christ's sake....

Jeesus!

On topic:

I think the only unofficial rule in regards to dating single mothers, is to go out with them to see if you like them, then to see if they put out and are sexually compatible, make sure they have an education or make decent money, then never live with them if you live in Canada....

.... pretty flap-doodlin' smiple.....

Edit to Add for Mr. 7th Day down there:

KISS MAH GRITS!!!

What the fvck IS a "GRIT"? Huh, Mr. Eastern-Canada-Boy, huh? An', if you think I'm gonna go out there layin' big wet ones hugger-mugger on any Liberal I bump and grind into, especially on our B.C. Liberals, you, my wooly friend, are sadly mistooken...

Cheers.

Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 263
Posted: 4/1/2010 5:11:55 PM

(Jack_Mormon) Pure flap-doodle.

(CB) ^^^ .... holy shit, that's pretty fvcking strong fvcking language, don't you think?

... I'm pretty god-damned pissed off and offended that you'd use that sort of language in public, for Christ's sake....

KISS MAH GRITS!!!

Jack
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 265
Posted: 4/1/2010 5:37:51 PM
Hopefully these few simple tips will improve some of you ladies chances when it comes to landing or keeping a man.

_church, man, that's a fvcking perfectly hilarious and very apt list.

Original? If so, bravo! If not, it's original to me.....

Edit to Add to Jack Mormon:

... sorry for the 7th day reference. I know you Mormon dudes are sensitive about that sort of thing....

... but, if you're a GRIT, I'm still not kissin' you...

Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 268
Posted: 4/3/2010 8:15:45 AM

(CB) ... sorry for the 7th day reference. I know you Mormon dudes are sensitive about that sort of thing....

No problem. Just tithe me for the next year or so...

... but, if you're a GRIT, I'm still not kissin' you...

Grits are FOOD...

I should make a donation to the United Pirate College Fund...

Jack
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 269
Posted: 4/4/2010 8:11:08 AM

Grits are FOOD...

I know.

And, I know that my attempt at humour fell flat on it's face. First time ever.....

.... but I'm not gonna kiss your food either...

I should make a donation to the United Pirate College Fund...

Thanks. Pillaging has been a bit slow lately, as have swashing and buckling....

----------------------------------

And, a note to my darling lizzy: YES, I DO have to end every post with......

But, just for you, I'll end my posts to you with: as well from now on....

Tealwood
Msg: 270
Posted: 4/4/2010 8:55:08 AM
Cappy

No issues from here?
 KelleyNice
Msg: 274
Posted: 5/11/2011 11:39:55 PM

Ask yourself this question.

If things break up after a year or so, do I want to start having to pay child support for HER kids, just because I got involved with her.

If the answer is NO NO NO NO NO.. then DONT date her.

Now, go check out the current threads on this forum about guys who the courts have ORDERED to pay support for children that ARENT THEIRS. Washington state, Illinois, New York, and at least ONE province of Canada will FORCE you to support HER kids.. even after the breakup, and whether you marry or not.

That is the sole biggest issue for you to consider. Especially at your young age.

I find it difficult to believe that a man could be forced to pay support for another man's children to a woman he didn't. If that is true, it is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. It is worse than WRONG; it is EVIL.

Next issue.. She is willing to keep any accidents your sex might create. She's already got kid(s) from her last guy in a failed relationship. So unless you date her platonically and marry her BEFORE having sex, you are heading into a very fertile field, just for some DATING.

Next - Her kids will ALWAYS COME FIRST. Deal with that. It NEVER changes. You will have NO SAY about how they act, behave, bother, or any other issue. Can you totally shut your mouth FOREVER over HER kids.

No comment about accidents but, of course, the children will come first; that is as it should be. However, once they have a relationship the man deserves to have some authority over the children. The occasional mother that refuses to accept deserves to remain single.

Next- The EX. HE will ALWAYS be a thorn in YOUR side. He has a RIGHT to be around his kids.. and she will HAVE to be dealing with him FOREVER. He's the kid's father. He WILL be around.

Unless she is sleeping with the Ex, I don't see how that could be an issue. The Ex is not going to be living with you and her. He may be over for a few seconds to pick up the children, but you see your neighbors more than and you may actually like the guy.

And that's just a short list. Sure her hot little body is worth all that??

I mean what, you cant find a SINGLE, NEVER MARRIED hottie like her?

No! Of course he cannot. If he could he wouldn't be dating her. The reason men choose young single mom is because they can get a prettier and sexier girlfriend. He cannot have an equally pretty single girl because being single make her more desirable and he could not compete with the more desirable guys that she could choose from.

Everyone knows that, whether they admit it or not. Based on the law of supply and demand, it is a trade off. Accept some of the disadvantage of a single mother for the advantage and pleasure of having a prettier and hotter girlfriend.
 scottey63
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2011 5:02:30 AM

I find it difficult to believe that a man could be forced to pay support for another man's children to a woman he didn't. If that is true, it is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. It is worse than WRONG; it is EVIL.

From what I've read on these forums, I understand it happens all the time in Canada. God help us when it starts happening in the USA.
 jen6455
Msg: 277
Posted: 6/12/2011 10:59:56 AM
YES, this is my favorite posting of all time....very accuratley said. I find that me, being a single mom, find it hard to find a man that can understand he is not my first priority and just because I am not at his beck and call doesn't mean I am not interested.
 Pam68SD
Msg: 279
Posted: 6/14/2011 3:36:50 PM
^^^ What's ignorant is women who don't know how to use birth control, or decide to bring a new life into the world with less than optimal conditions when she has complete control over whether she gives birth or not.

It's not just ignorant, it'd disgusting.

Just my opinion, though. And opinions are like baby daddys. Everyone's got one.

;)

EXCUSE ME CAVEMAN! Men are fertile every friggin day of the year. Women are only fertile once a month. If you don't want kids got get fixed - you obviously need to so you do not procreate another neanderthal like yourself.

mrcs84
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2011 12:18:13 AM

The unofficial rules of dating a single mother.

Rule #1: Don't!!
 sexymummyof2
Msg: 282
Posted: 6/15/2011 5:10:09 AM
hang on us single mums should be praised and honoured at raising our kids on our own and for the fathers who dont see there kid that is wrong every kid needs to see there dad no matter what,and us single mums are like any other parent,i reckon we deserve a medal,but one thing never smack our kids,but you gotta love and adore kids to go into a relationship with kids,because we are a pakage we come together and you gotta accept the kids as well as the mum if you dont like kids steer clear........
 mrcs84
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2011 5:31:53 AM
Someone decided to urinate all over the computer instead of using proper grammar and punctuation. Let's see if I can clean your post up before replying.

Hang on. We single moms should be praised and honored for raising our kids on our own. For the fathers who don't see their kids, that is wrong. Every kid needs to see their dad no matter what, and we single moms are like any other parent. I reckon we deserve a medal, but one thing: never smack our kids. You go need to love and adore kids to go into a relationship someone who has them because we are a package deal. We come together and you have accept the kids as well as the mom. If you don't like kids, then steer clear.

Well, the last 3 sentences are redundant.

Umm...yeah, nevermind. That content of that post just made my head hurt.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2011 11:15:44 AM

find it hard to find a man that can understand he is not my first priority

This is wrong.....if you can't put your mate as first priority, you have no business dating. No guy (or gal) wants to come in as a second priority or an afterthought. Put yourself in a guy's shoes and see if you like it.........

As a single dad, I have responsibilities to my son, and sometimes, these responsibilities require my time. HOWEVER, I expect to put my mate as my first priority, and she do the same with me........

Hearing "my kids come first" is a complete turnoff, and something I make mention of in my profile.........
 Tealwood
Msg: 285
Posted: 6/15/2011 2:58:37 PM

We single moms should be praised and honored for raising our kids on our own.

mrcs84....they are asking for credit for doing what they should be doing...for doing or following up on their responsibilities,,,,,working to provide for themselves and their children...sorry...foolish of me....50% of single mothers do not work or do not work full time....so what should they be praised and honoured for?...How they use the system?...But then university students.......it can be tought...but who is paying that bill? Housing...food ...living???

Rare breed....is something I would like to find...a single mother who pays her own way in life....does not look for the ex to pay or subsidize her lifestyle and then look for me to pay and subsidize her view of what she feel she is entitled too...ever notice the profile where they look for a the traditional type of guy??? aka one who pays for the dating?.........or is that old fashioned values? Once had a lady ask me if I was employed...and how long...confirmed I was...and asked where and how long she was employed....she said no problem...she worked and her ex was very good paying the cs.....but with a 17yr...one can see a good portion of her revenue was not everlasting.....and neither was I ....exit stage left....my last albatross cost me a pretty penny....

Rare breed....find a single mother who pays her own bills in life....other than that....things are easy....if you do not mind waiting around...being second in line....and never knowing when the cell phone wrings and they have to depart....and that also goes with custodial fathers,,,,,
 Sweet-chaos84
Msg: 286
Posted: 6/15/2011 8:24:53 PM
Okay, you want rare breed tealwood?

How about me? Single mother, full time worker, pays all my own bills (since money seems to be the issue here) I have once a fortnight to go be an adult while my daughter sees her dad, who pays nothing in child support, which we BOTH agreed he wouldn't do because i don't need it and he pays for our child's need while there.
I'm not a rare breed. In fact, thanks to my mothers group I know that it's common practice here in Sydney, Australia for us single mums to fully support our children. Maybe if you got past the prejudices you have, you'd meet women like me and my mates.
Shame your self esteem is that low that you think the only thing you are good for is your money. Some of us tainted few are actually after your intellect, maybe even your love. But you'll never see that. Sad, really.
Lucky for me, I have found someone special, who respects me and my child, and that our relationship is different to the relationship I have with my child, and so there are different governing aspects that room has to be made for. But we ar very happy.

OP, you want this woman in your life? Date her for her, and leave your predisposition on the 'single parent' at home. And good luck :)
 captnspanky
Msg: 287
Posted: 6/20/2011 5:10:16 PM
Totally agree, very well put!
 Tealwood
Msg: 288
Posted: 6/20/2011 8:10:54 PM

How about me? Single mother, full time worker, pays all my own bills (since money seems to be the issue here) I have once a fortnight to go be an adult while my daughter sees her dad, who pays nothing in child support, which we BOTH agreed he wouldn't do because i don't need it and he pays for our child's need while there.
I'm not a rare breed. In fact, thanks to my mothers group I know that it's common practice here in Sydney, Australia for us single mums to fully support our children. Maybe if you got past the prejudices you have, you'd meet women like me and my mates.
Shame your self esteem is that low that you think the only thing you are good for is your money. Some of us tainted few are actually after your intellect, maybe even your love. But you'll never see that. Sad, really.

LOL.....Perhaps Sweets I should have said typical CDN woman...where the land of double dipping cs exists?

But like yourself I also have since day 1...paid all the costs associated for my two children....from clothing to daycare to braces for both.....but then Aussie woman have always been a strange breed where they pride themselves on self reliance and not requiring wallowing up to the public trough.....

I have no problem with the self esteem,,,,I would never suggest all CDN woman are in the same category....but please....review the ones who complain about a lack of financial resources....who complain about the issues of a lack of cs....and I would suggest you often find...still a student...not working...or working part time...

But Sweets....my compliments to you and any other who can hold down full time employment so they can pay their bills....because in North America....and in the UK,,,,

Technical Analysis Paper No. 42 - U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services - Office of Income Security Policy
46.9% of non-custodial mothers totally default on support.
26.9% of non-custodial fathers totally default on support.

66.2% of single custodial mothers work less than full time.
10.2% of single custodial fathers work less than full time.

46.2% of single custodial mothers receive public assistance.
20.8% of single custodial fathers receive public assistance.

Your self respect and self determination is not always found over here.>>>>But perhaps there is a way of paying your bills and being financially responsible to your children without working...or without working full time....but that must be some big secret....

But what is wrong with a predisposition...or walking into things with open eyes when you look at the numbers or statistics as to who is actually working...or is that better suggested who is not working...and without working...who is going to pay the piper...

That is not jaded...that is just simple reality....or walking into a relationship understanding the reality of double dipping and having to pay child support for children where the mother is already receiving child support from the biological father...
 mrcs84
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2011 9:16:48 PM

In fact, thanks to my mothers group I know that it's common practice here in Sydney, Australia for us single mums to fully support our children. Maybe if you got past the prejudices you have, you'd meet women like me and my mates.

Then truly, you Aussie women are some of the finest in the world.... I can respect that..

I wouldn't be so sure about Aussie women. From my readings they're attitudes are just like any other western women.

And, according to The Australian Bureau of Statistics, Aussie mothers are still working significantly less than Aussie fathers

In 2003, the labour force participation rate of non-resident fathers was 4 percentage points lower than that of fathers who lived with their children aged less than 18 years (88% compared with 92%). Non-resident fathers were less likely to be employed (80%) than other fathers (89%) and the proportion employed full-time was also lower (72% compared with 82%). In addition, a higher proportion of non-resident fathers were unemployed (8%) compared with fathers who lived with their children (3%).

In 2003, just over one half (52%) of the 90,000 non-resident mothers of children aged less than 18 years were employed, compared with 61% of mothers who lived with their children of the same age group. The lower proportion of non-resident mothers who were employed is consistent with the higher proportions of non-resident mothers who were lone parents (33%) compared with mothers who lived with their children (19%).

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/7d12b0f6763c78caca257061001cc588/5a3e269e290eb5b1ca2571b0001032d8!OpenDocument

There was a really nifty chart that gives you a visual in the disparity between how much mothers and fathers work, but I couldn't paste that. However I did post the link, and the graph is about halfway down the page.
 jenn8131
Msg: 291
Posted: 6/20/2011 10:06:29 PM
You know what my last 3 months were, 40 hours work, 20 hour practicum for school, 10 hour lecture and I still managed to maintain a B+/A average while providing for my daughter. I have worked 50 hour weeks since my daughter was born. I have worked very long hours so get over this bs that only men know how to work long hours.
You know what in an economic recession I consider myself lucky to have a job. I'm getting my 2nd degree, I got invited to do a lecture to first yr students on the role of women by one of my profs. If you have nothing but time to look up stats I think you have a little too much free time on your hands.
 mrcs84
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2011 10:12:28 PM

You know what my last 3 months were, 40 hours work, 20 hour practicum for school, 10 hour lecture and I still managed to maintain a B+/A average while providing for my daughter. I have worked 50 hour weeks since my daughter was born. I have worked very long hours so get over this bs that only men know how to work long hours.
You know what in an economic recession I consider myself lucky to have a job. I'm getting my 2nd degree, I got invited to do a lecture to first yr students on the role of women by one of my profs.

Good for you. Relative to the discussion at hand, all of that means what?

If you have nothing but time to look up stats I think you have a little too much free time on your hands.

Perhaps I should impregnate a few women so that my time can be more consumed.

Herp Derp.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >