Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 3
view profile
History
She brought a friend to our date..Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
You found out a few things on this second date. That she is most probably a bi-sexual women. That she has a possessive girlfriend already. That she inconsideralty asked you to have a "third wheel" to tag along on the date you and her planed alone, and this this third person was inpolite to the two people she interfered with(both you and your date). I would think she would dump the bit**. I think there isnt enough room for three, the phrase two company threes a crowd most definetly fits this senerio. It seems since she is dating you, the girlfriend seems to have issues with her seeing someone else(that being you) and she made you feel extremely uneasy which was her reason for interfering in the first place, not some lame excuse she gave her girlfriend. It looks like the interfering girlfriend won out dividing you and her. It is up to your date to clear up her messy relationship. I would not go out with this women again untill she gives a plausable explaination to what transpired and what she is doing or had done to fix it.
 sinlov
Msg: 4
view profile
History
She brought a friend to our date..
Posted: 10/17/2009 6:07:19 AM
Do you think this was a good or bad move? Is this girl seriously worth the hassle, because at the moment I am seeing two other girls (I told them that I am dating other people), but I like this one a lot.

If this is the second date, and you like the first, I guess you could believe people change and you could ask further. Although, I think she is not all that into you and the girl was asked along to make it bearable.

Only attend another event with her, if you like being put on the back burner, and yes to steam.

Because she does not care one way or the other.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/17/2009 9:18:31 AM

Do you think this was a good or bad move?

Considering you were acting like a petulant child, I guess it was a good move--for her. She may well be asking her friends if YOU are worth the hassle.

I recently had a date with a guy and HE brought HIS female friend who'd just broken up. It was sort of the same thing--he sprung it on me the night of the date. Guess what? We had a great time, and he and I helped her pick out a new guy and had her give him her number. And later my male friend and I DID get some private time, so it was actually a very nice date.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2009 1:00:11 PM
Next time you will know to withdraw your invitation when someone trys to change or manipulate you in accepting altered plans you made for the date. Just say, "I will have to withdraw my invitation for the evening because my plans did not involve anyone else besides you." Remember don't make compramises with your plans, if someone wants to make a future date with you that involes others also that would be your decision as to wheather to accept one or not.

If you don't respect yourself no one else will either.
 ffryan
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2009 1:32:31 PM
Unfortunately you had to learn a good lesson here. Next time just say no. I'm surprised you stuck in as long as you did, you're a gentleman. I'd have walked out ling before you did.
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2009 1:46:21 PM

If you notice the obvious thing is that your date told YOU it was ok to leave and not her girlfriend so.....

This is what jumped out at me as well. I understand why you agreed to the friend coming along, even though you weren't happy about it. You wanted to see her, figured this was the only way to ensure you would, and so agreed. Completely understandable when you really like someone.

But, the fact that she told you it was ok for you to leave..well, it speaks volumes darlin'. If she really wanted to be with you, she would have gone out of her way to pay attention to you, or at the very least pull you aside, apologize, and ask that you bear with it because she was really enjoying being out with you.

Then again, you're young, presumably she is as well, maybe she felt more pressure from her friend to make her the center of her attention, rather than you, and she caved in to it. Who knows?

I would move on, if she really likes you, she will contact you, and then you can decide where to go from there.

Good luck Opie.
 tbuddha
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/18/2009 1:14:08 AM
Damn, that is one pathetic story. Sounds like you were gelded from the beginning. Why else would you let her bring her friend with her on a date? The fact you "like this one a lot" is really sad. Don't be a pu$$ee-beggar. More on that here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWN2gwmr1ok

Learn this $hyt and man up! Stop being a doormat.
 thwipp89
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 3:17:37 AM
dude, i went out on a first date with a girl and she brought 3 of her male friends to bowl with us without telling me beforehand. so...i had to compete for her attention with 3 other guys that already knew her...while they were preoccupied with just getting drunk. *that* was a nightmare.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >